..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I'm late with the DOTW, but it completely slipped my mindπŸ˜†

Anywho, it's pretty simple.

What do you think about Jahnvi's family and how they've been since Jahnvi's marriage to Viraj?

For example, questions you may want to think about: Do you think Dadi moving into Jahnvi's and Viraj's house was a good decision on her part? Remember when Siya called Viraj and told him about the watchman badmouthing him? Was that right or wrong? How about Jahnvi's family overall? Do you think it's weird that her parents have not realized their daughter's misery?

But yeah, ultimately, Jahnvi's family. What do you think about them?

Cheers!
Naina

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Helllooo! I personally did not like Dadi's moving into Viraj's house. Her barging into the bedroom was an atrocious act. Dadi is acting oversmart and is mistaking Viraj to be some kind of petty criminal. At this juncture, her priority should have been to act as a friend, philosopher and a guide to Jahnvi, instil confidence in her and gently cajole Jahnvi into sharing her trauma. Jahnvi is pregnant with Viraj's baby and she too has some feelings for him, all in all, she is in a very vulnerable situation. What is Dadi intending to do? Put Viraj into the jail and wish him away from Jahnvi's life like a bad nightmare. IMO, dadi is being insensitive and pig headed. How and why is she presuming that Rajvi's marriage is beyond repair. As an elder in the family she should try and drill some sense into Viraj's head rather than take such an aggressive stance. Only if nothing comes out of such a talk, then she should try to take a drastic step.

Regarding Jahnvi's parents, they represent the typically avaricious middle class mentality. Happy that they could manage a dowry less wedding of their eldest daughter. Why did they think of having the third daughter. I have the answer, like the -much- hated- by -the- dadi, devious Viraj, even gangadhar wanted a son!

A character like Viraj deserved better adversaries. Sanjay and Dadi are soπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ. However I do admire dadi's love for Jahnvi and her genuine concern for her well being.

PS: Love all your posts.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by sarcozee - 12 years ago
carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

My thoughts concur with Sarcozee's view 100%. πŸ‘πŸΌ

I'd like to mention I too have OCD.. But obviously not to the same extent as Viraj..πŸ˜† Because he's bordering on OCPD as well as Psychopath.
I was disgusted with Dadi's lack of ettiquettes overall. I was horrified at her audacity by galloping into a mariatal bedroom without warning. Her table manners, proved  this century's wildlife are far more sophisticated in dining. I credit Viraj for not pelting her, had it been myself I would not have been as benevolent. An uninvited guest would not be welcomed nor entertained by me, simply because they have disrespected my will and intruded upon my privacy most selfishly.

The unfortunate thing is, she is ridiculing his medical illness, because of her own lack of educational understanding. By creating this crazy havoc around his home, it will only aggravate him and heighten his existing problem more so. She may remain protected in all of this, hence defeating the objection of her precise motive for being present there in the first place. Janhvi or the Baby may come to harm instead.

Regardig Jahnvi's Parents. They are a human case of ostriches burying their head in the sand to avoid the possible conflict between the reality and their made to believe imagination.
As for Siya, Firstly I would like to ask - Was there a desperate need for this character?
Siya is a young fool, who despite having had the reality of the truth slam into her face many a times, refuses to see beyond a fairy tale prince charming.
I disagree on her actions to call Viraj. She put a innocent man's life at risk.
Last night she declared Sanjay being her true love.. Well that is questionable for me - because if you love someone surely you would give their opinions and concerns some consideration and weight, I wouldn't expect her to take it as gospel, however she insultingly dismissed his pleas.

Can any good come out of this?
Maybe in time Dadi will double up on the number on her glasses and realise Viraj has a genuine problem. He's not lacking on any vitamin - but needs a whole set of strong drugs to fix him.

Viraj may also learn, How it feels like, when the comfort of your home and peace of your mind has been swept away from under your feet. He may realise being controlled against your will - degrades you. It is a lesson he needs to learn - Jahnvi should be free to lead a normal life, But Dadi is not the right person to teach him.

Carisma.. xx
Edited by carisma2 - 12 years ago
Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The smug expression of Dadi adds insult to the injury! 
carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: sarcozee

The smug expression of Dadi adds insult to the injury!

granma bond is not one fot whom I'd feel empathy. Infact I'm waiting for the day.return viraj has finished with her.