Harry Potter

New GOF set report

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago
from mugglenet.com

A day as an extra on HP4!
by Tekken

This is a wonderful little report from a young boy who spent the day filming with the entire guy's on HP4. It contains no real spoilers but it does give you a great insight as to the process of filming and descriptions of the action.
My day started by being taken to Leavesden studios at 8am in the morning for my first day of filming. Id been to Leavesden before to visit, but never to be in a film, I was so excited. The scene I was going to be filming was shot right at the far end of the huge grounds of the Harry Potter studios and was the same building that was used to film some of the underwater scenes.
To get there we had to drive through security, drive all the way up a massive runway, passing a Quidditch stand, a huge Privet drive and the Nightbus to name just a few things. Once at the far end there were all sorts of studio items outside. The Basilisk heads from the Chamber of Secrets, some knights from The Philosophers stone, so many great things, I wish I could have had one of these in my garden!
Once on set I was taken to the dressing rooms where I had my own named peg waiting for me and an area for my things to go, this felt great being in the film. Then it was onto make-up and costume departments. This was awesome; I was to be in the Quidditch World cup.
The scene we were filming that day was for the opening scenes of the match between Ireland and Bulgaria. We were doing close ups of the stand in the World cup stadium. I
was to be seated next to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Mr. Weasley, Ginny, the twins and lots of others and we were all to cheer on our teams. Some of us were really dressed up in cool gear. Jesters hats, faces painted and Bulgarian and Irish Quidditch tops. Ginny who is so cool wore a huge hat, Fred had his face painted, while some of us had flags to wave and cheer at the top of our voices on our teams. I don't remember seeing ANY of the Malfoys and I didn't see an empty seat for Winky? maybe it will be different once the film is produced.
What really amazed me during filming was the use of only one camera?! Or so it seemed. I learnt there were many more but to make sure all of us 'extra's didn't look at them during filming they are hidden while we cheered on our teams. I had to follow a very small light darting around on a blue screen in front of me which represented one of my Quidditch team players. It's weird but great to act knowing all the really cool backgrounds will be added in and it will look so different on film.
The stand itself we filmed on was 2 stories and about 30ft high. It was around 50ft wide. At the back of the 2 rows (one above another) there was a
ladder type thing which you will be able to see. We were all on the top
level and there were other 'fans' coming up and down the steps during
filming. I don't know what will be added to the front of the rows as it was
all blue screen too. Although it was a full day of filming we actually only
shot less than an hour of film but that is a really good day I was told and
it means about 10 minutes of possible footage they might use - I hope so !!

I hope you all like my report, id love to be an actor AND if you ever get
the chance to be in a Warner Bros. film - TAKE IT! You may not do much
filming but the food and people are lovely!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PixieDust91 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
thanx 4 the article misha!
AnGeLeYeZz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thnkyou for posting that article!