Tumhari Disha

Concept/ Characters/ Articles-NO COMMENTS

*Guli* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

INDER AND DISHA

Tumhari disha is the story of a girl named disha who is suddenly caught up in difficult circumstances. Disha and ranu are two sisters brought up with a lot of love in an affluent family. However there seems to be a secret in disha's childhood.Disha and rano both are in love with inder who is thier family friend's son. inder is crazily in love with disha and intends to marry her.

When rano and disha's mother realizes that both her daughters are in love with the same person, she lets out the cat from the bag.Disha is not her real daughter but the daughter of Dev who was thier servant and who had killed thier son years ago. Disha is taken aback. The circumstances are made worse by disha's father's death and DK(person suspected of killing her father) , who seems to be dead bent on destroying the family(all because disha refuses to model for him and humiliates him).

To save the family from impending bankruptcy and pay her debts towards her foster family, disha strikes a deal with DK. she will marry him for a period of six months and model for his next jewelery collection campaign bordering on being indecent. She hopes that this will buy her family some time to reverse thier fortunes and bring heartbroken inder and rano together. Her family however fails to understand her sacrifice and she is shunned from the family . The only person who still believes in her is rano ,her foster sister. Dk on the other hand keeps adding to her woes by flaunting his extra marital relationships, taunting her and making her life as his wife as difficult as possible. It is a countinous battle of wits between disha and DK (dushyant kumar).

will inder ever marry rano?, will disha succeed in her attempt to protect her foster family. How will disha and Dk fare? will her family ever forgive her? what about her real parents?

Here is a brief summary of character sketches....

DISHA

Disha is a curious mix of maturity and innocence. She is responsible, traditional and strong. she is the beauty in this saga . Her loyalty and sense of devotion to her foster family is admirable. She hates her real father with equal intensity. The sacrifice she makes by making the deal with dushyant to protect her family without any hope or desire of appreciation is heart wrenching. She hates dushyant, blames him for killing her father , wants revenge yet there are times when you can see her empathising with him, caring for him.She is a little different from all the other protagonists in other shows by being more human , more unsure of herself and more scared of her future. In short she is one of the women we see all around us caught in a bad situation, forced to grow and make difficult decisions at an age when most girls dream of prince charming.

DUSHYANT  KUMAR SEHGAL

Dushyant is a leading businessman dubbed as diamond king because of his diamond empire. He is an illegimate child who has tried to win the approval of his now deceased father all his life. This painful childhood and his handicap(he has problem with one of the legs) has made him a very cynical  and ruthless person. Inspite of his appaling behaviour towards disha, you cannot bring yourself to hate this person.there is a constant reserve and sorrow in his eyes that makes you pity and fall in love with him. He is the beast in this modern adaptation of beauty and the beast(with all the desi twists ofcourse). There are times when you can see him fighting attraction and the care, he feels towards his new ,unwanted wife, he is trying to destroy.

INDER

Inder was the love of disha's life. inder loves disha madly and wanted to marry her before she ends up marrying dushyant.He still intended to wait for her until she convinces him to marry her sister ranu( inder does not know that ranu has loved him since childhood). Inder is kind,understanding and forgiving.He is a family guy who is an open book. He comes across as a very simple and almost kiddish person when compared to complex character of dushyant. He is having a hard time forgetting disha and ends up acting on his feelings many times albeit a little foolishly. 

SANYA

Sanya is dushyant's close friend/mistress. She is an ambitious model who believes that she loves dushyant and understands him.She is the first person who senses dushyant's growing facination and admiration for his wife disha. She understands that it is love for disha that dushyant tries to hide under his arrogance and hatred.She is determined to win over dushyant at any cost and disha makes her very insecure.She unfortunately does not hold any clout over dushyant ,who is used to treating people like pawns on chess board.

SUHASINI

Suhasini is disha's foster mother brilliantly played by zarina wahab. She has neither forgotten nor forgiven disha's father for his carelessness that resulted in her son's death.She is very bitter and disha is a constant reminder of that accident.She tries to neglect/mistreat/hate disha in her own way.When she realises that inder wants to marry disha while ranu, her own daughter loves him....she decides she has had enough....she makes a public announcement of ranu and inder's engagement(without telling inder or disha first) and tells disha of her true shameful parentage. Her husband's death and disha 's indirect contribution to it(dk's obsession with disha is the reason of all thier financial woes) brings her venom to surface. she blames disha for everything that went wrong with her life. after disha marries dk...she thinks disha did so for money and uses this as a reason to shun her from the family 

VIJENDRA

Brilliantly played by kawaljeet singh , vijendra is the ideal father figure.He is smart, responsible, forgiving, loving, loyal, understanding and caring. He is the head of bhosle business. He seems to have forgiven disha's father for the accident with his son. He has transferred all that love to disha instead who was left helpless when her father ran away leaving her at the mercy of bhosle family after the accident. He does not differentiate between ranu and disha much to the dismay of suhasini. He actually treats disha as his dead son. He even gives her a place in his business when he transfers responsibilities to younger generation.When he comes to know of dushyant's obsession with disha, he supports her and tries his level best to protect her , even at the cost of his family and business. Unfortunately he dies in a car accident leaving his family bankrupt and owing huge amounts of money to dk and mehta(another loan shark) and disha helpless in the clutches of dushyant. 

DK is a guy called ashish nayyar.this is his first major foray in shows. i have heard he has done some advertisements(lg,....) and a small cameo role in kuch kehna hai mujhe show.he is a great actor and manages to hold his own in front on seasoned cast like kawaljeet singh, zarina wahab, nitin raaj etc. somehow he reminds me of ashish vidyarthi from show dastaan(probably it is his french cut beard and the limp) and aryan from jjkn( he has a very evil smirk, glittering eyes, caustic tongue and is unrepentant of his deeds).

Disha and Dushyant Feud

It all started with dushyant searching for a new model for his new jewellery line. His staff zeroes in on ranu(they discover her at a mall).while looking through ranu's photos, dushyant sees disha in background and decides that disha is going to be the model. He tries to convince disha in his usual blustery and arrogant way but disha refuses(probably because the theme is too bold). dushyant does not give up and keeps pressuring her into it. At a party , he again tries to convince her but disha walks off. Then she feels somebody pulling at her sari(it is stuck in the nook of a furniture piece), she mistakenly assumes that it is dushyant and slaps him.She then walks off leaving dushyant publically humiliated and furious. He resolves that now he will get disha to model for him...whatever the cost.

When dushyant realises that disha's father has applied for a contract with dushyant's company "kanaka", he tries to ruin them financially hoping that disha will agree to model to get out of financial woes.Unfortunately disha's foster father vijendra takes the impending bankruptcy very badly and starts running sick...eventually he dies in an accident(probably he was under so much stress that he lost his concentration driving). suhasini who is disha's foster mother blames disha for all troubles(she lost her son because of disha's father,Her daughter ranu cannot marry her love inder because inder wants to marry disha and dushyant ruined the bhonsale family and caused vijendra's death (indirectly)because of his obsession with disha).

Now basically dushyant is looking for revenge and payback by humilliating disha and getting her to model for him on his terms(though the price he payed was that he had to marry her to do that) and disha blames him for her father's death and her family's hatred towards her. She got married to him so that she can destroy him and get him off her family's case(the price she payed was she had to agree to model for him).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Guli* thumbnail

Kasautii's Indraneil's triple jump into film
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 9, 2005

Triple leap: Indraneil (Sikkandar) from Kasautii bags multiple films, but will remain part of the Kausatii team
Sikkandar who plays the 'rapchik' Indraneil – Komolika's  (Urvashi Dholakia) comic sidekick in Kasautii Zindagii Kay (Star Plus), has just recovered from an accident he had a few days ago at Film City.
"I was shooting at Film City for a Bhojpuri movie with Nagma, when it happened. I fell off my bike and hurt my shoulder and back. I have completely recovered now. In fact I had to report for a shoot the very next day."

The actor whose most popular role is of the goofy Indraneil, who tails Komolika and provides much needed comic relief to an other wise sedate show says, "I am the only comedian in the Balaji stable."

Apart from Kasautii the actor is also seen in a negative role on Zee's Tumhari Disha. Along with doing television, the actor has also grabbed some films offers."I am doing some interesting roles in these movies.

There's Partho Ghosh's Meri Life Mein Uski Wife, a romantic comedy Time Pass, Tarun Kumar's Love Ke Chakkar Mein and a Bhojpuri film with Nagma."

However, will Indraneil find a place in the post leap scenario on Kasautii ? "Of course, he is a very popular character, he will still be around. I recently shot for my entry in the leap.

Indraneil is very much single after the 20-year jump, and is shown praying at a temple in an attempt to find a life-partner.

My character though, doesn't have any grey hair. I have coloured it golden, so it's still a new look."

Indraneil in Kasautii shares maximum screen presence with the vampish Komolika Sikkandar, however insists that off screen both of them share a more amicable rapport than shown on screen. He says, "Most of my scenes are with her, and our timing is perfect.

In fact, I share a great rapport with Urvashi off screen I am constantly pulling her leg on the sets. She's an amazing person to work with."

Gearing up for a new show on Zee Smile, a comedy channel, he says, "The show is called 50-50, a comedy about two guys.

However my character is not as stupid as Indraneil." Sikkandar was last seen in Abbas-Mastan's Tarzan The WonderCar

*Guli* thumbnail

Take Ten: Ashish Nayyar
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 23, 2005

Ashish Nayyar
He plays the unpredictable guy in Disha's life who could wreak havoc on her any moment.

Ashish Nayyar, who plays DK in Tumhari Disha (Zee), is quite unlike his on screen persona. "My character on the show has a lot of passion in him.

He is very attached to everything he does." Is Nayyar the same in real life? Read on to find out…

What is your star sign?
I am a Pisces.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
No. I don't believe in any of them.

Where were you born, and which school did you go to?
I was born in Delhi and did my schooling from Army Public School.

For what did you get your first pay cheque and how much?
I got Rs 1,000 for my very first modeling assignment.

What one thing are you really bad at doing?
I am terrible at remembering names and numbers.

What do you wear at home?
Nothing.

What is your romantic status?
No comments.

What's your favourite smell?
The scent of a woman.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be staying?
I stay at Oshiwara, and am very happy to be there. 

How often do you say, "I love you"?
Very rarely.

*Guli* thumbnail

Disha finds her soulmate!

They met on the sets of Yes or No, fell in love, and are now getting engaged---a picture perfect love story in the making.

Chhavi - love's in the air

Chhavi Mittal, the lead protagonist of Zee's Tumhari Disha, is having a great start to the year. First, her show was rated the topmost among Zee's top 10 shows last week in the TRP stakes, and now her life seems to have found the disha it wanted. Chhavi will shortly get engaged to Mohit Hussain, one of the directors of Rooh, a serial based on the supernatural aired on Zee TV.

Although the point of convergence here appears to be Zee, the fact is that the two met on the sets of a telefilm Yes or No, that has been aired on the Cinema Ghar slot on Sahara One. Chhavi played the lead in the film that was directed by Mohit, says the actress with a blush.

It is worth mentioning here that since Chhavi's character Disha has taken on a more aggressive avatar in Disha, the popularity of the serial has been slowly but steadily on the upswing. A far cry from the submissive good girl image, Chhavi has emerged as a woman who can hold her own in any situation.

When asked about the other projects that she is working on, she says, "With a shooting schedule of 28 days a month, ….Disha takes up most of my time, I want to keep what is left of it for my personal life". Marriage though is not on the cards so soon, she affirms.

So what about her plans for Valentine's Day, we wonder - but this busy lady seems to have no time for fun, so her beau may have to be satisfied with a quiet romantic dinner!

By ANANYA SENGUPTA Posted on 14 February 2005
*Guli* thumbnail

My Birthday - 3 November

I am - an extrovert who loves to talk all the time

My character "Krishna" in Kahani Ghar Ghatr Ki - has lost everything

Mumbai is - a place for crazy people; not for sensible men

When fans recognize me - I feel like hugging and kissing them

I am looking out for - a girlfriend

I am scared of - producers of my show

My idea of romance - candlelight dinner near a lake filled with crocodiles

The woman of my dreams - Priyanka Chopra

My car - is a black Accent that's inseparable from me

I am pursuing - M.B.A. in finance from Symbiosis Pune by correspondence

Sexiest man on television - me, of course

Sexiest actress on television - Rakshanda Khan

The program I love to watch -"Goodness gracious me" on Star World

Favourite designer - Rocky S.

First crush - Preity Zinta

I hate - cricket because it wastes my time

Favourite co-star -
"Parvati" aka Saakshi Tanwar

I am superstitious about - nothing

Love is - my biggest nightmare

Marriage is - something, which kills a man

Sunday means - watching movies and playing basket ball

*Guli* thumbnail

OMG.......If this guy gets any hotter, I think I will have to immigrate to the North Pole to chill off!

Kahiye Toh showed a special feature on Ashish today shot at his residence.......and man, all those who missed it, what can I, something's are just seen to be believed. He looked so dashing, so attractive, if you guys think he rocks as DK, u should have just seen him in today's episode, with a casual Tee and Jeans.......seriously, I just felt like flying down to Mumbai and planting a kiss on his cheeks.....hey, nothing sexual about it, what I mean is, that he was absolutely adorable, the kinds you would like to pull cheeks and give a warm hug to!

He came across as warm, intelligent, droll, charming, candid, passionate and so full of life! I am not saying this because we are friends or something, but objectively speaking, when compared to some of the other actor's who's interviews were shown, this guy stood out so remarkably, the difference was there to see for all eyes!

Ok, enough rambling, back to the Interview. Chhavi Mittal (sitting in the studio) introuduced the viewers to Ashish by stating, ''Yeh who kalakaar hain, jinhone zee tv ke saare darshokon ke dil aur dimag par apni acting & style ke anokhe andaaz se apni amit chaap chod di hai, aur phihal sabke dil par chaye huain hai. Ji haan mein baat kar rahin hoon Tumhari Disha ke DK ki, jinka naam, Ashish Nayyar. Chaliye Ashish se milte hain unhi ke ghar par aur jaante hain unke kirdaar ke peeche chupe insaan ko!'' (Translation – I am talking about the actor who has left an indelible impression upon the minds and hearts of numerous Zee TV viewers through his unique acting and style. I am talking about Tumhari Disha's DK, who's name is Ashish Nayyar. Lets meet Ashish, in his own house, and let us discover the person behind the character. – (Hey Chhavi, India-Forums discovered the person behind him yesterday, you are a day late Babe!)

The Camera shifts to Ashish smiling brightly for the audience, he is wearing an Off-white Tee shirt (the types you get in Goa, the funky, gypsy Tee's with some funny modern prints on them!) and blue jeans. His house looked just like him, warm, cosy and so inviting…..and pretty spacious too (considering its Mumbai!). He stays in the 3rd floor of his building, and the episode showed his living room, a glimpse of his bedroom and the kitchen (that's what I could make out!) They showed in him various cuts, one in which he is wearing a check shirt and jeans, one with the above mentioned Tee and Jeans. Then they showed him driving a jeep (yes, he has just brought one! Imagine, as if he is so sexy, on top of that if he drives a jeep in Mumbai……I can only imagine the state of his neighbors, the girls I mean!) and then they show him driving a Bike (Don't ask me, too much!) inside the premises of his building!

Ashish then introduces himself to the audience (he speaks for most part in English and switches to Hinglish in the later part of the interview) in his sexy baritone voice. I really can't transcribe the entire interview as it was shot in a very MTV style with a lots of cuts and editing, but I will give you the gist of it!

Ashish talks about how he got into acting by stating that he had realized it quite early in life (when in Delhi) that he wants to pursue a career in acting and for that he took his Mom's advice and guidance to move to Mumbai. Ashish then says that if he had not been in the showbiz line, then he would have been a businessman (hmmm, do we see the resemblance to someone!) and that he would have been a garment exporter as he was always very interested in fashion and style, but anyhow things did worked out differently and here he is playing DK in Tumhari Disha. Ashish then says that he is a very focused person by nature, extremely passionate and serious about everything he does and feels. He hates leaving things in-between and always achieves what he sets out for. Ashish feels that he connects to DK on many levels, especially DK's rage, passion, intensity and love and that he has in some or the other point in his life, undergone the same turmoil that DK has, but on a different platform!

Ashish then says that what differentiates him from DK's character is that Ashish while sharing the qualities of passion and intensity with DK, is also a fun person and loves enjoying life to the full. He is basically very chilled out, doesn't lose his cool very often and enjoys life thoroughly as it comes. Ashish is an out and out outdoors person and given an opportunity, he drives out of Mumbai (which he doesn't seem to like too much, I think!) to the wilderness with a pitch tent of his which he has recently purchased.

Ashish like to read, but is not all that into books, and does catch up on some good books whenever he gets the time. But his real hobby and favorite pastime is watching Movies and his favourite actor is Al Pacino, is favourite movie is Scent of a Woman and his favourite Director is Martin Sorcerice (Can't get his spelling, but this guy is the Director of ''Gangs of New York'') He speaks about Al Pacino, Robert Di Niro and Martin Scorceresi (All American Italians!!!) and says that he really admires their work because they put across their inner thoughts and feelings on screen with amazing fluidity!

Ashish then speaks about his likes and dislikes and says that (note this girls….) he cannot tolerate stupidity and that he is found of intelligent conversation and intelligent people (:ahem: I think this was an indirect compliment to all of us from hottie!) around him!

ATTENTION ALL LADIES : Ashish then grins in his endearing way and speaks on his Single Status in Life and says that he really enjoys being single, but its not as if he is against Marriage in anyway! He says that  there are both pros and cons of being single and since he has experience only one side of it, he finds it very liberating and relaxing (Oh, that's why the dude is not hooked up till now, he thinks of having a wife as being shackled and unrelaxing???) and that he has not really given much thought to his Single Status.

Ashish then talks about Anuj (he did not mention the connection, but I assume he must be his close friend or cousin) and says that when they were both in Delhi, they had brought similar bikes together and used to go cruising around in the city (causing flutter to many a hearts…..I wonder how Ashish & I never bumped into each other in Delhi…considering our respective schools very so close by??? Destiny, damn it!) And that Ashish misses the old times (awwwwwwww, come back to Delhi buddy, I can't ride a bike, but can always be a pillion rider and we can both cruise around Delhi like old times…..)

Then they show Ashish in his bedroom (again this is my assumption, but it did look like his bedroom) where he is sitting on his Computer Table and Surfing (hey, hey, flirting with DKaddict on India-forums!) and then they show him in his Kitchen! Meanwhile

Ashish is preparing a dish, he calls, ''Taxi Mutton Curry'' (This is the same one that he talked about in Khana Khazana) and says that he is a complete foodie and that he enjoys cooking as much as he enjoys eating good food! He talks about the history of this Dish, and says that when he was in Delhi (he keeps referring to Delhi, must be missing it hell of a lot!) he had purchased a second-hand Car, a Nissan, it drove well for quite some time, but later it started giving a lot of trouble and Ashish had to take the Car regularly to the local Garage for getting it repaired. During the course of this, he became quite friendly with all the mechanics and largely found himself hanging around with them more and more. He used to notice them cooking some kind of a delicious, hot Mutton Curry and they all seemed to enjoy it a lot. One day, one of the Mechanics offered a bite of his Lunch and Ashish completely fell in love with this recipe and till this date, its his favorite one! (Oh, guys he is so down-to earth….and he wonders about his ever expanding fan base!) Then they show that the Dish is cooked, looking sumptuous (hey, that is a compliment, considering I am a pure Vegetarian and don't even take Egg & Garlic!) and Ashish takes a piece out of the Pan, and tastes it, then rolls his eyes in his adorable manner and says, ''Ummm, heavenly.'' (Er, excuse me, dear Ash, but let this ''Ummm heavenly'' be said by someone else!)

I guess that was about it, I might have missed some snippet of his conversations, he did talk a lot about DK's character, he seems to be as fascinated by him, as all of us here are! All in all, he looked very guy-next-door but at the same time, very attractive, especially when they showed a shot of him lying down casually on his Mattress with one leg ontop of the other! Very impressive interview, but at times he seemed to be speaking a bit too rapidly (he always does that, btw!) and I really could not make sense of what he was trying to convey. Need to go a bit slow while talking, I think!

Hope you guys found the transcription interesting, of course, watching on screen is a different ball game altogether, but as I am aware that Kahiye Toh is not aired anywhere except India and is most definitely not repeated, I wanted to share this with all of you! It was a smashing interview!

Cheerios,

Disha

PS : Hey Ashu, if you happen to read this, please don't get taken aback by my comments, or think otherwise, I only comment upon you being sexy, desirable, etc, etc, to spice up the update!
*Guli* thumbnail
Take Ten: Kruttika Desai
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   January 17, 2005

Kruttika Desai
Kruttika Desai appears as Maya in Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony), Gargi in Tumhari Disha (Zee) and as Meenal in ADA (SaharaOne).

Besides her TV assignments, she also takes time off to do theatre. Here are 10 things you would like to know about her.

What is your star sign?
I'm a Gemini-Cancer cusp.

Not really, but it's fun.

I was born in Mumbai. I attended Bai Avabai Petit School (Bandra).

For what did you get your first paycheque and how much?
During my student days, I acted in a Gujarati play as a polio-affected girl. I would be paid Rs 50 per show. It was my uncle's production.

What is the one thing you are really bad at doing?
Seeing my faults.

Tracks, T-shirts.

What mobile phone do you use?
It's a Nokia, I can't remember which model number.

What's your favourite fragrance?
Glamorous by Ralph Lauren.

Where I am presently staying… at Pali Hill.

How often do you say "I love you"?
About 10 times, to my daughter Ayesha and five times to my husband Imtiaz Khan.

*Guli* thumbnail

Her father's daughter

Tumhari Disha is topping the charts
Tumhari Disha is topping the charts

Back in the early 1990s Basu Chatterjee made waves on television with Rajni starring the indomitable Priya Tendulkar. Years later daughter Rupali Guha is creating her own space with Tumhari Disha, a tele-story with a female protagonist.

The serial revolves around a young girl Disha whose life is a paradox — she spreads happiness wherever she goes but her own life is submerged in sorrow. She is deserted by her biological father but succeeds in winning her foster family's heart.

Tumhari Disha has emerged the top programme on Zee TV. While that is no easy feat, Rupali has set her sights on the show reinforcing the position of channel leader.

Says Rupali, "I worked on the intricacies, twists and turns of the script and was getting regular viewer feedback. I knew Tumhari Disha would be the top draw one day. I now have to work to retain the top position."

For all those who do not know the great Basu Chatterjee, who made some excellent movies , chitchor a very simple sweet film had Zarina Wahab, if I am not mistaken it likely was her first movie (excellent music and songs Gori Tera Gaon bara pyara, Tu  jo mera sur me sur mila le, Aj se pehlay).

May be some of you have watched the serial Rajni (Priya Tendulkar). I recall meeting Priya Tendulkar on  a flight from New Delhi to Kathmandu sometime around Dec 1999, do not remain the exact date, got a chance to interact with her during the flight as she was sitting next to me, she was going to Kathmandu for some woman rally, she was very pleasant during the flight and very friendly and made my journey very interesting, though her image has been very aggressive . Sadly few years later she passed away . Reading about Rupali Guha took me down memory lane and I just wanted to share with all of  you.

*Guli* thumbnail
Take Ten: Kavita Kaushik
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 1, 2005

Kavita Kaushik
Model-turned-actress Kavita Kaushik, who plays Annie in Optimystix's Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony) and Manya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Star Plus), will also feature as Pallavi in Remix (Star One).

"Pallavi is a lawyer by profession who will be shown in love with the business tycoon Sumit (Vinay Jain)," says Kaushik, who was earlier seen as Monica in Kutumb and Sonali in Kahani Terri Meri.

She was featured on the big screen in Ek Hasina Thi, playing Saif Ali Khan's girlfriend Sonia. "It was a small role," she adds. Here are 10 things about her…

What is your star sign?
Aquarius.

Not at all.

I was born in New Delhi and attended All Saints College, Nainital.

What did you get your first paycheque for and how much?
I did a ramp show for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in New Delhi. I was paid Rs 1,000 for it.

What is the one thing you are really bad at doing?
Keeping things neat, tidy and clean. I am really clumsy on this front.

T-shirts, shorts.

What mobile phone do you use?
A Nokia 6230.

What's your favourite fragrance?
The smell of onions fried in ghee.

I stay at Four Bungalows but I'd rather be staying at Juhu.

How often do you say "I love you"?
I say it to my close friends, and to my parents in Delhi, especially to my mom.

*Guli* thumbnail
Party Line Up: The cast of Tumhari Disha Kruttika Desai, Chhavi Mittal, Zarina Wahab, alongwith Karishma Randeva and Akashdeep Saigal at the Tumhari Disha bash. Pic: Pradeep Bandekar

Sonali Bendre, now in the family way, wore a radiant glow as she waded through the crowded bash co-hosted by producers Pintoo and Rupali Guha to mark the sixth anniversary of their production house and the telecast of 100 episodes of the serial Tumhari Disha (Zee). Bendre was accompanied by her sister-in-law, TV producer Srishti Behl (of Remix, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Guns & Roses).

Unlike the current TV trend where actors prefer their co-stars as spouses, anchor-actress Chhavi Mittal, who plays the title-role of Disha fell in love instead with Mohit Hussein the director of her first ever debut romantic tele-film called Yes Or No.

"And now that marriage is on the cards — guess I am heading towards the right disha," smiled Chhavi. The celeb turn-out comprised of directors Farhan Akhtar, Rohan Sippy, model-actor Milind Soman ('stag' entry) and TV personalities like Gaurav 'Nandu' Gera, Akashdeep 'Ansh' Saigal and Manasi Joshi Roy (Kkusum), Karishma 'Dollie' Randeva. 

Source: www.mid-day.com