Frequent Posters

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
What I wore last night

Chhavi Hussein Television actor

Your Life caught up with Chhavi on her birthday at a Juhu eatery

Foundation:
I had applied MAC's Studio Fix foundation.

Eye make-up:
I applied L'Oreal's Gold Dust Powder on my eye lids, and accentuated my lashes with L'Oreal's Double Extension mascara.

Blush on:
My cheeks were highlighted with L'Oreal's Skin Illuminating Powder.

Lip gloss:
I topped my light pink Bobbi Brown lipstick with a see-through Body Shop lip gloss.

Perfume:
I was wearing Jennifer Lopez's Glow.

As told to Kanika Parab

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Poonam Joshi: 'bond'ing gal

Though TV stars work together for long hours on serials, not everyone bonds. Competition and jealousy is the order of the day. But the low-profile Poonam Joshi who played Mahek in Kahiin Toh Hoga (Star Plus) is good friends with Aamna Shariff (Kashish) and Dimple Hirji (Sanjana). Poonam was the only KTH co-star present at Aamna's private birthday gathering recently, besides Rajeev Khandelwal. We are sure Rajeev won't be jealous of at least this friend of Aamna's, and he must be happy bonding with Poonam. After all, she too walked out of Kahiin Toh Hoga, just like he did some time back.

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Poonam joins the Rajshri camp

Ekta Kapoor's discovery, Poonam Joshi ruffled a few feathers when she walked out of Balaji's Kahiin Toh Hoga for a lead role on Zee's Tumhari Disha. But the latter show soon went off air leaving Poonam on a lookout for roles. And finally her wait has paid off! She has been roped in by Rajshri Productions for Woh Rehne Wali Mahlo Ki on Sahara One.

She plays Sanjana, the love interest of Aamir Ali who has already been shown married to Pari (played by Reena Kapoor). 'I was looking out for a suitable role where I could do something different from what I did in Tumhari Disha or Kahiin To Hoga. The character of Sanjana is quite interesting and it's a role of a young lover, "says the elated actor who is working with the Barjatya's for the first time.

To give some gyaan, there are three Poonam's in the telly industry; Poonam Narula, Poonam Dhillon and Poonam Joshi, who is the youngest of all. Also, what is amusing is that actor Manish Rai Sighania played Miss Joshi's husband in Kahiin Toh Hoga, while in Tumhari Disha he was her son! How uncanny can such a situation be? "It's acting at the end of the day and one is playing only a character. It makes no difference," smiles Poonam.

And what if Balaji offers her a new show? "I am very much open to the idea of working with them, provided the offer is interesting. All is well between me and Balaji," signs off Poonam.
iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Poonam opts for negative role

Snippets

Poonam Joshi, who shot to fame as Mahek of Balaji's Kahiin To Hoga, will now be seen in Rajshri Production's Woh Rahne Wali Mahlo Ki which airs on Sahara. She will enter the show as the love interest of Aamir Ali who gets married to Pari played by Reena Kapoor, the protagonist of the show.

"It's an interesting character which will definitely add value to my career portfolio. After Tumhari Disha and Kahiin To Hoga, this role will be a good change. I am playing a character of my age and will sport a Western look," says Poonam. Poonam who was last seen in the serial Tumhari Disha on Zee, was a Balaji discovery. Till date her biggest claim to fame was her role in Kahiin Toh Hoga.

She had walked out of the show by choice. Sources say that her character in Woh Rahne Wali Mahlo Ki will add spice to the show. She will create the suspense element and the character will turn negative and create trouble for Pari. Recently, it was shown that Pari had married Aamir Ali. Sources say that it will not turn out to be a love triangle.

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
From maid to main lead!
Siddi from Tumhari Disha

In the world of television, the scenario can change anytime for the better or for the worse. For actress Kshiti Jog, it's definitely for the better. Not very long ago, the actress was playing a maid in the popular Zee daily Tumhari Disha. But now in Zee TV's ambitious Ghar Ki Laksmi — Betiyaan, she is playing one of the sisters around whom the story revolves. Kshiti is playing the eldest sister Saraswati in the serial who kickstarts the story.

Neeta Shetty and newcomer Twinkle who was a participant in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa — Ek Main aur Ek Tu are playing the other sisters. Betiyaan, a story of four sisters reminds us of Amanat which too was a story of six sisters and was aired on Zee TV a few years back. Now whether this serial gets Kshiti stardom or not like it did to the stars of Amaanat, remains to be seen.

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Why did you quit Kahiin To Hoga?
(Laughs) I've been doing it for over three years and the feeling of saturation had begun to set in. I also felt that there wasn't much for me to do. So I decided to move on.

Was there a problem regarding you quitting the show?
Not at all. It was a very amicable parting. I have no problems with Balaji at all. I'd still take up another serial with them if they have something interesting to offer me. My character, Mehak, was important but it was getting monotonous. My role had stopped giving me satisfaction. So I felt it's best to quit it rather than do a show I didn't want to be a part of. Besides, I was offered Tumhari Disha in which I was to play the lead role. It was a tempting offer I couldn't resist.

What role are you playing in Tumhari Disha?
The serial has taken a leap and I'm playing Kaamna. The show is winding up soon as it hasn't been given an extension. Now I'm looking for fresh projects. Something new will be finalised soon. I'm looking for substantial meaty roles. They don't necessarily have to be lead roles. What's important is that the character has to make a difference to the show.

How does it feel being a Balaji discovery?
It feels great and I'm very happy that I was a part of Kahiin... That was the best thing to have happened to me just after I arrived from Pune. The show gave me a lot of popularity.

Usually, Balaji actors don't go in for outside projects!
I felt I should try something different. Today, I feel that there are several good shows which are being made. My priority is the role not the production house.

You've had a change of husband in Kahiin ...
(Laughs) It didn't really affect my acting because the camaraderie on the sets is very good. I got along with both Eijaz and Manish. Manish and I shared a good chemistry so it wasn't difficult to relate to him. Besides, he's playing my son in Tumhari Disha so it didn't really matter.

How did you get into acting?
I've always wanted to be an actress. Television was really happening then. I'd also done theatre for a while. I was looking out for work. I got a call to audition for Mehak's role and got selected. I've also done a couple of other shows for Balaji. My track in each lasted for 2-3 months.

How about films?
It's not like I don't want to do films but I won't go looking for work in films. I'm more interested in television. I'm more comfortable with this medium.

Do the stories about Bollywood put you off?
Not really, I feel it's all about how you conduct yourself. I guess I'm just plain lazy.

Any other plans?
I'd love to continue acting on television but would also like to try my hand at something else. I've not yet decided what it will be. I want to do different things to see what else I'm capable of.

Your co-star in Kahiin..., Dimple Hirji also happens to be your best friend in real life!
(Laughs) Yeah, we hit it off pretty well on the sets. Although I share a good rapport with all my co-stars, I don't share that kind of friendship with anyone else. Dimple and I have been friends for almost a year. We hang out together, think alike and find many similar things funny. The best part is that I get along very well with her mother too.

Do you miss your family a lot, you keep going to Pune very often?
My parents have shifted to Pune. I go there at the end of the month to meet them. But for most of the time, I regard Mumbai as my home. I've grown up here.

Do you have a boyfriend?
No, I haven't met anyone I'd want to be with. I don't think the concept of Mr. Right exists and so I don't have illusions of Mr. Right. But I'd like someone honest, self-made, decent
looking, and with a good sense of humour.

How would you like to see yourself five years from now?
A success story on television (laughs) and also doing something else besides acting.