Concept/ Characters/ Articles-NO COMMENTS - Page 2

*Guli* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Take Ten: Tasneem Khan
   By: Haem Roy
   May 4, 2005

Tasneem Khan
She plays Rano in Tumhari Disha. Besides that, Tasneem Khan has also done various ad films and serials like Gul Aksha, Dehlees, Kisse Apna Kahen and Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand.

She debuted on TV with Kabhi Sauten Kabhi Saheli. Here are ten things about her…

When is your birthday and what is your star sign?
May 21. I am a Taurean.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
I do.

Where were you born and which school did you go to?
I was born in Abu Dhabi, UAE and went to Abu Dhabi Indian High School. I came to Bombay when I was in the fourth and then studies at Marol Education Academies High School.

What was your first job? And how much was your first paycheque?
I was also a child artist and started working when I was 15. I did an ad for Ariel and got Rs 600 for it.

One thing you are really bad at doing?
Being rude to somebody.

What is your favourite smell?
My favourite perfume — Jazz for men.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be staying?
Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri.

What handset do you use?
Nokia 3220.

What car do you drive?
I drive a Daewoo Matiz.

What has been your most embarrassing moment?
Once, a guy married to a friend of mine came up to me and said he was in love with me.

How often do you say, "I love you"?
Occasionally… to the person I love.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Guli* thumbnail

SO IN LOVE!
Mohit and Chavi
On-screen, Disha (Chavi Mittal) struggles to find true love in Tumhari Disha. Off-screen, however, her story is quite different.

On April 29, Chavi Mittal will tie the knot with tele serial director, Mohit Hussein, who has directed tele serials like Yes or No (SaharaOne), and is currently directing Rooh (Zee TV). Considering both Chavi and Mohit have a sweet tooth, we set them up at Deliciae Dessert Caf in Bandra.

Here's the first take on their love story…

On their first meeting

Hussein recalls meeting Mittal a year ago during the auditions for his tele serial Yes or No. "Chavi came to me with her portfolio. She was relatively new in the industry then. I still remember how nervous she was."

Mittal adds, "I was totally scared of him. He kept rejecting my pictures and I thought I had no hopes of getting his show." Finally, she got a call from the producers a few days later.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!
On falling in love

Even though Mohit proposed to Chavi first, he admits it wasn't an easy thing to do. He says, "We had a schedule in Goa where I realised I was more than friends with Chavi. I fell for her during that time.

When we returned, I told her that I love her and can't live without her." Chavi says she loved making him wait for her approval. "I was new in Mumbai, and a bit skeptical. I was also afraid of him. I didn't know if I should say yes or no, but I knew I had started liking him."

On popping the question

SWEET NOTHINGS: Mohit Hussein and Chavi Mittal
Being a director, Mohit chose a very creative way to propose to Chavi. She recalls, "He came to my house and started talking to me. He was playing with a thread which he tied around my finger and I didn't know what he was upto.

He kept extending the thread and it was almost three feet long. Then it happened. From the other hand, he slid this lovely ring onto my finger and asked me to marry him. I was speechless!"

The wedding

"It will be a small private court marriage," explains Mohit. Since both of them are pressed for time, they will throw a reception on May 14 for friends and family in Mumbai.

Chavi, who has been shopping in Delhi between breaks from her show, says, "I work for a daily and he also has rigorous shoot schedules which makes it difficult for both to give lot of time to the wedding." Mohit says he has already fixed his honeymoon locale. "I want to go to Leh in Ladakh!"

*Guli* thumbnail
Disha's off on her honeymoon

Mohit and chhavi
Almost a month after getting married to Mohit Hussein, Chhavi Mittal, who plays Disha on Zee's Tumhari Disha, has got some time off to go off on her eagerly anticipated honeymoon.

The actress, who got married on April 29, still hasn't found time for her honeymoon.

The delay, says the lovely lass, was caused because, "Both me and Mohit had loads of work, but now we have decided to finally go on our honeymoon." Mittal plans to go to Goa — the place where she fell in love with Mohit.

"Goa has a lot of emotional value for me. Both of us couldn't think of any other place to go to." Mittal will leave today for a 10-day break. Better late than never, we say. 
*Guli* thumbnail

Zee gets its own parivaar?

This is a gimmick that has been a trademark of the Star family - cross promotion of shows aired on the same channel. Now, Zee too joins the fray. Protagonists of different serials will now play cameos on Tumhari Disha and the sizzle will be provided by a hot item number.

Chavvi Mittal: second time lucky?

Tumhari Disha on Zee TV is fast approaching a stage when the protagonist will be at a crossroads in her life. She will have to decide whether she wants to marry for love or for friendship. It is at this time that she decides to marry Vedant, and her marriage will be the occasion when Kareena (Kulraj Kaur in Kareena Kareena), Kavita ( Tanvi Azmi in Sinndoor) and Urvashi (Tisca Chopra in Sarrkkar) along with an item number choreographed by Rekha Chinni Prakash, on the song tauba tauba from Kaal, will appear on the show.

What makes these special appearances unique is the fact that the characters play pivotal roles in the plot that will carry over for four episodes. "We did not want these characters to come in just smile and say hello and namaste and go. We wanted them to be part of the show. They are more than just guests who arrive on the occasion of Disha's marriage to Vedant," says Rupali Guha, producer of the show.

Tanvi Azmi: words of advice

This is a style that has been adopted lately on Sony and Star --- remember the track where the characters in Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand and Kasautii Zindagi Kay married among themselves?

Kulraj Kaur: no more lies please

So is Zee trying to make a parivaar for its own clan, we ask --- "It was the channel's concept and we implemented it. It is unique and we are trying to promote Zee as one big family," says Rupali.

Kareena will come on the show as Vedant's friend and she will be seen telling Disha not to marry someone, she does not love. Tanvi too will try to persuade Zareena Wahab, Disha's mother to try and change her mind about marrying Vedant. Tisca will come in as DK's friend.

Meanwhile, in the show Disha prepares to marry Vedant because of problems with DK and also because she is pressurised by her mother to do so. Since the earlier marriage to DK was on a contractual basis, Disha's marriage to Vedant seems a logical conclusion. The cameos are important as they make Disha think twice about marrying Vedant.

Will the Zee parivaar be competition to the very popular Star family?

By ANANYA SENGUPTA
Tanvi Azm's pic by VICKY AHUJA
*Guli* thumbnail

Article taken from mid-day.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/june/110619.htm

After reading the article I think that the marriage is slated for next week thursday...i guess next thurs episode with end with Dish shooting someone and the monday after that we will realize if its a dream (LOL) or if she really shot someone !!!

Swathi

Kareena gives advise to Disha
   By: Haem Roy
   June 1, 2005

Kareena
Tumhari Disha is trying to give its audiences a break from the show's normally dramatic track. In yet another serial crossover, Kulraj Randhawa (Kareena of Kareena Kareena) will be making an appearance in Tumhari Disha on June 2.

The bubbly character will enter in the serious drama to give Disha some tips. Says Kulraj, "It's a special appearance. I come as my character Kareena for one episode only. I play Vedaant's friend and am there to talk to Disha regarding her marriage. It's a crossover for promoting my show I guess."

Disha is at a crossroads in her life where she has to choose whether she wants to marry for love or friendship.

And Kareena will help her to make a decision by advising her not to marry Vedaant, as she does not love him.

Interestingly, even Kareena is faced with the same dilemma as she has to choose between Prem and Tushar on her show on Zee TV.

Says Ashvini Yardi, programming head, Zee TV, "The atmosphere in Tumhari Disha is currently very sombre. We want someone as vivacious as Kareena to come and lighten the mood."

Tumhari Disha will also have another guest appearance on June 6 in the form of Tanvi Azmi, who plays Kavita Raizada in Sinndoor — Tere Naam Ka. Kavita has committed a similar mistake of getting her son Dhruv married to the woman he does not love, thus making him unhappy.

Hence, she will be asking Suhasini not to commit the same error, since it will make both Disha and Vedaant unhappy.

And following the new TV trend, there will also be an item number by Brinda Parekh on June 8. She will dance to the spirited Tauba Tauba from Kaal choreographed by Rekha Chinni Prakash.

And what about the show Kareena Kareena? "Lots of twists and turns will be happening there, of course.

Tushar hates her for what she has done and she is desperately trying to convince him to forgive her. Also, she can't stop lying so there more lies. But that won't be for long. The laughter and jokes will be back soon," Kulraj says.

[email protected]
*Guli* thumbnail
Wednesday May 25, 04:54 PM

By Chaitanya Padukone

TV actor Sachin Sharma (Krishna of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) is all set to make a dramatic entry as Dr Vansh in K Street Pali Hill. And he is thrilled to bits about his new character.

"But it is not a negative character. Instead, Dr Vansh helps Smriti (Jassi) to overcome negative elements and situations. A little later in the track, there are lots of surprise twists and even a romantic undercurrent," discloses Sharma.

Was it true that his character Krishna in Kahaani... was being phased out because he was too busy shooting for Tumhari Disha (he plays one of the male leads  — Virat?

"My role in Kahaani was not phased out because i was too busy with Disha. That's untrue. Yes, I have been shooting regularly for Disha, which is not a Balaji serial. But my track in Kahaani is  very much alive and kicking. My track will be returning with a bang very soon," promises Sachin.
*Guli* thumbnail

Read the following:

Television actors in Black Market
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   June 15, 2005

Making Sweet Music On The Stage: Mayuri Kango, Vinod Singh and Shweta Bhonsale in Black Market
A bunch of telly actors have been doing the rounds of the Black Market. Besides learning the ropes, they are also getting their deals right. Sampreet Theatre's play, called Black Market, opens in the city this weekend.

The cast of this musical comedy includes familiar faces of the small screen like Mayuri Kango (Kittie Party), Vinod Singh (Ayushmaan), Shweta Bhonsale (Tumhari Disha, Kkaanch, Kumkum), Sandip Bhansali (Ayushmaan), Aneesha Verma (Dekho Magar Pyar Se, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa) and Kamal Luthre.

Written and directed by debutant Sameer Satish, it is about a group of close-knit friends who are actors by profession. Their mentor disappears overnight, leaving them in the lurch. Unmoved, one of the friends plans to spice things up as a gameplan is devised which ends up being an emotional trip.

The erstwhile Ayushmaan, Vinod Singh, makes his debut in the theatre world with Black Market. "I began as a model, then did television. Theatre is a new medium for me but memorising lines comes easy to me," he says.

The actor has found the rehearsals smooth sailing, "but I will get the real experience only when I am on stage in front of the audience. That's when I will have to make on-the-spot improvisations."

Produced by Gurpreet Kaur, the play also has a medley of songs and instrumental pieces performed by the actors. "We break into a song which is situational so there are a lot of light moments," adds Singh, who finds doing theatre "amusing."

Shweta Bhonsale, who plays Kanchan in Tumhari Disha, has done a drama earlier called Just Mohabbat. "I would love to do more of theatre. It is great fun but on account of my television assignments there is not much time left."

Says director Sameer Satish, "The reason why I selected TV actors for this venture was because they are all good actors and have been wanting to do theatre for a long time. More importantly, the script is such that it involves actors, their aspirations and plight. Some thing which they could identify with easily."
*Guli* thumbnail
ore twists and turns....Ved turns negative..for details read on !!!

Swathi

Source of the article mid-day (http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/june/112646.htm) Thank you.

DK is bumped off in Tumhari Disha
   By: Tushar Joshi
   June 29, 2005

Tumhari Disha's D K (Ashish Nayyar) is in deep trouble. He has not one, but three people out to kill him. Friday's episode of Tumhari Disha (Zee) will have D K being fired at and falling off a cliff.

Producer for the show, Rupali Guha says, "Yes, Tumhari Disha will have one of the biggest highpoints, drama-wise, on the show this week. But for me, Vedant (Sachin Sharma) doing a volte-face is a much bigger shock than Disha (Chhavi Hussein) killing D K."

As per the track, it will be shown that Vedant turns negative because he does not want D K in Disha's life any more. He wants to put an end to the love-hate relationship between them.

Guha says, "Gargi (Kruttika Desai) is anyway shown negative on the show and has her own intentions of killing D K. He is waiting at the temple to meet Disha who, gets bail. However the interesting bit is that Shikha (Usha Bachani) informs Disha that her bail has been rejected."

Without giving away too much of the plot, Guha says, "DK's death is a plot to take the story of the show ahead. It also exposes the intentions of the other characters in the drama."

However, like in every other show, don't be surprised if you see D K coming alive in the episode next week, and find out that the killer is not Disha!

[email protected]

*Guli* thumbnail

Kavita Kaushik is fed up her role in Tumhari Disha (Zee). She wants producer Rupali Guha to terminate her character (Porinita) if it continues in the current vein. Says Kaushik, "Porinita was a negative character with lots of style and panache. Now, she's gone cheap."

Cheap?

Kaushik explains, "I've had to put my foot down on several scenes. Once, they wanted me to do a bed scene with Sachin Sharma (Vedant). I was asked to pull Sachin towards me. When I argued that I wouldn't do that, Guha agreed to change it a bit.

They said that we would put our arms around each other and the lights would be switched off. Somehow, it got too late that day and the shot was not taken. Next day, I was supposed to go to Bangalore for a holiday. When I came back, thankfully, they did not mention that scene."

Another time they wanted her to wear a raunchy saree and seduce Sachin. "I put my foot down again. If I wanted to do such stuff, I might as well be doing music videos," she says.

Kaushik feels that her character is being made to do things that defy logic. "Porinita, a strong character, is suddenly being made to do weak things. I was the one who was responsible for Krutika Desai (Gargi) going to jail, and then, they wanted me to touch her feet and apologise for it. I refused," she says.

No dummy for me!

According to sources, Kaushik is very uncomfortable with the fact she has to adjust her time with Sachin Sharma's availability. Sachin is doing three shows and to adjust with his busy schedule, the production house (Film Farm) wants Kaushik to shoot at odd hours, at times till 2 am.

Kaushik is also peeved that she has to shoot with Sachin's dummy in his absence. "My role has gone haywire. I am not enjoying Porinita anymore," says Kaushik.

Porinita has always been ambitious: Guha

Producer Rupali Guha reacts, "The name of my show is Tumhari Disha and not Tumhari Porinita; Porinita will continue to do scenes connected to Disha's (Chhavi Mittal) track.

As for the scenes Kaushik is complaining about, I'm surprised. Porinita was always an ambitious girl; she went to bed with DK (Ashish Nayyar), so she was not a sati Savitri. She even wore a backless outfit. She never had a problem on that front earlier, so why now?"

As for the problem with Sachin's timing, Guha says this issue has come to her twice before.

"Kaushik used to adjust earlier, but has stopped doing that since the last one month. She has not yet intimated me that she wants me to terminate her role if it continues this way. If she does, I will take it up with Zee and see what we can do about it," she says.

Kaushik's TV repertoire

1. Kutumb (Sony)
2. Kahani Terri Meri (Sony)
3. Piya Ka Ghar (Zee)
4. Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus)
5. Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony)
6. Remix (Star One)
7. Kahiye To (Zee)
*Guli* thumbnail

Article from Indiantelevision:

I'm not the reason behind Sachin leaving Tumhari Disha," Porinita"

Kavita Kaushik denies speculation that she caused the replacement of Sachin Sharma.

I'm innocent:Kavita Kaushik

After pouring out that she is "fed up with her role" in Zee's Tumhari Disha, Kavita Kap obviously raised speculation that she was having issues with the serial's unit. Also going out and saying that she was unhappy about the shooting schedules which were by and large set to the convenience of her co-star Sachin Sharma, it was clear that this lady meant business. Now, a few days subsequent to her protests, Sachin Sharma who played Vedant in the serial has been replaced. The replacement occurring after only a few days of her proclaiming that she was having trouble has definitely made us ask the question, "Was she the reason behind Sachin being replaced?"

"No. I and Sachin are buddies and I did not have any problems with him personally. I did have an issue with the shooting schedules which were awfully taxing for me, but besides that me and Sachin are still very much friends, if not working on the same show." she clarified.

Hmm: Sachin Sharma

So, given her discrepancies, is a move out of the show on the cards for her too? "I have communicated my grievances to the producer, Rupali Guha. She is a mature woman and I think she understands my problem. If not, then I think I will have to seriously consider," she reasoned. On further probing as to why exactly Sachin left the show, "Ask Sachin!" was her reply.

"Rumors are doing their rounds but no, Kavita was not the reason behind me quitting. I am busy with my other shows and was finding it difficult giving sufficient time to Tumhari Disha. So I and Guha reasoned and came to the mutual conclusion that it would be better if I opted out," clarified Sachin. "It's a chilled out, reasonable decision and I am looking forward to future projects with them as I have left the show with no hang-ups whatsoever" he added.

"As a matter of fact when Sachin was going to be replaced, he even came and jokingly told me that now I would have no problems with shooting schedules at least," exclaims Kavita on a lighter note. With Sachin Tyagi as the new man in Sharma's boots, let's see what happens next!