Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Guli* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Guhas seem to be promoting TD and the new Ved very well. After articles in Indiantelevision.com and mumbaimirror here's one from mid-day. As of now what is being claimed is (U never know there mite be a complete turnaround due to a twist) that Ved is completely negative. We wud get to see more Ved in the future. AS this is Sachin's only serial as of now. Apna prev Ved was quite busy with lots of other stuff(K serials and Balaji prod house).

Btw what is this with mid-day that there seems to be a new article on TD every other week. Cameo performances, DK's death, Pori's discomfort and now this.

The article has been reproduced below completely. Thanks mid-day.

Article Source: http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/july/113398.htm

Swathi 

Tumhari Disha gets new Vedant
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   July 8, 2005

Zee's Tumhari Disha is all set to have a new Vedant. Earlier played by Sachin Sharma, the character will now be essayed by Family Business's (Star One) Sachin Tyagi.

Amicable parting

Confirming the replacement, producer Rupali Guha said, "We have replaced Sachin Sharma as he couldn't handle three dailies (Sharma also appears in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and K Street Pali Hill) with ease, so we had an amicable parting."

Guha said she prefers having someone who can devote his full time to the show. "The character of Vedant is quite important. He has been developed with lot of effort and care and has a great track lined up for the future.

Hence there was a need to rope in an actor who could devote time and do justice to the role. The production house and other actors also had concerns about his (Sharma's) date issues."

Tyagi fits in perfectly

On the decision to cast Sachin Tyagi, Guha said, " Sachin is ready to shoot with us for 30 days and I have seen his work in Family Business.

He fits perfectly into the transformation, which Vedant is going through in coming episodes."

Guha said there are chances that the character may turn completely negative. "His involvement in DK's (Ashish Nayyar) accident, and coming under the influence of Gargi (Kruttika Desai) are the initial steps.

Both Sharma and Tyagi were unavailable for any comment.

[email protected]
*Guli* thumbnail

Actresses too set their foot on social activism. Veteran actress Sukanya Kulkarni, last seen in Tumhari Disha on Zee TV runs a personality development workshop for small children and middle aged women in Mumbai. "I guide the small children to become responsible human beings. Today, one comes across professionally successful people, but civilized and sensitive people are becoming rare species."

She tries to imbibe culture in the children through drama and theatre. Her workshops have proved to be of help to make the children realise their responsibilities. Having worked with children, she developed the desire to help the home makers and started 'Samvadini'. "There are some women who feel lonely and neglected during their middle age. I extended the personality development workshop for the benefit of such women." The confidence that these women have developed has motivated her to consider holding this workshop for the corporate sector and suggests introduction in the school curriculum as well.

*Guli* thumbnail

Disha goes corporate, Satvik is DK clone
   By: Tushar Joshi
   July 13, 2005

Disha's corporate attire
After the high point of last week's episode in Tumhari Disha (Zee), where Porinita (Kavita Kaushik) bumped off DK (Ashish Nayyar) dressed up in Disha's (Chhavi Hussein) attire, the show has given its protagonist a makeover.

Earlier shown draped in chiffon saris, Disha will now wear business suits. Explaining the need for this, producer Rupali Guha says, "It isn't exactly a makeover.

Since Disha has taken on new responsibilities after DK's death, she needs to change her look. You can call it a transformation of sorts."

Who is Satvik

Satvik as a DK
lookalike
Another interesting angle is the entry of Satvik (played by Ashish Nayyar) who is a DK lookalike. Says Guha, "Satvik is a family man with kids. He has nothing to do with Disha's family.

His personality is different from DK's — while DK was flamboyant and had loads of attitude, Satvik is humble and down to earth." But does this mean that DK and Satvik are the same guy? "No, they aren't," she says.

Different look

In terms of appearance, Satvik looks quite different than DK. The locks and beard are missing, and so is the limp. "Satvik is clean-shaven and looks the way Ashish does in real life." 

In coming weeks, the show will focus on Satvik and how Vedant (Sachin Tyagi) and Gargi (Kruttika Desai) try to rope him in for their own evil purposes.

Disha's transformation happens tonight, while Satvik enters the show in Thursday's episode.

[email protected]

Ashish changes homes

Ashish Nayyar, who plays the character of DK in Tumhari Disha, recently changed his residence as his fans kept mobbing him.

"I was absent from the show for quite a while, so people kept asking when DK would return. Now that he's back as Satvik, everyone should relax." Is he quitting the show? "I have been hearing the same, but it's all untrue. I am very much a part of Tumhari Disha."

*Guli* thumbnail

Dimple Inamdar

Tumhari Disha, in a new disha

Dimple Inamdar to play Mahika

Sapana Patil

There is no end to twists in serials these days. With entries and exits being the order of the day, Zee TV's Tumhari Disha will see the entry of a new character. It comes shortly after the grand entry of Satvik and it takes nothing to guess that it may have something to do with him. So stepping into the threshold is the man's better half, Mahika."We have given her a simple look. She is a simple housewife with kids. As her husband is a football player, she wears capris on the court and is casually dressed at home too," says Rupali Guha, producer of the show. "My character is expected to shape up well. I have been told by the producers that my character is here to stay for six months," says Dimple who began shooting on Sunday and will appear this Friday. She has acted previously in Sony's Sambhav Asambhav, Sahara One's Prratima and Star Plus's Kaalchakra. She is currently seen in Star One's Remix. There is another highpoint which is that the serial completes one year of being on air this week ."We have come a long way and are actually proud of Tumhari Disha,' says producer Pintu Guha. The producers aren't planning any celebration but have introduced a new element in the serial to mark the event.
*Guli* thumbnail
New face for Kahaani's Krishna
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   August 11, 2005

IN:
Samir Sharma
Krishna of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii has a brand new face — a case of one Sharma replacing another. From tonight, Samir Sharma will play Krishna in the Star Plus daily, after Sachin Sharma decided to quit the Balaji show, as reported by hitList last week.

Samir also plays Nitin in the Star One weekly, Dil Kya Chahta Hai. "I made my acting debut with Dil Kya Chhata Hai; Kahaani is my second show," says Samir. "I went through the usual process of leaving photographs and auditioning, as I wanted to work with Balaji – now, it's finally happened."

OUT:
Sachin Sharma
Like the simple and loving Nitin of the weekly Dil Kya Chahta Hain, Samir will continue to play the caring son of Kamal (Ali Asgar) in Kahaani. "I have just started shooting for Kahaani. A year ago, I was not into acting at all. Dil Kya Chhata Hai happened, and now Kahaani," says Samir.

Says Sandeep Sikcand, creative director, Kahaani, "We were looking for a new Krishna ever since Sachin left Kahaani. He had his own issues — he wanted a fee hike; even after being given one, he thought he deserved much more. His behaviour was terrible despite the fact that Balaji had given him a break," adds Sikcand.

Meanwhile, the drama in Kahaani will reach a high point soon with the death of Om (Kiran Karmarkar) in the show. "We begin shooting the track in the next couple of days.

Viewers will get to see Parvati (Saaksi Tanwar) in new light after Om's death." As for Sachin, post his exit from Kahaani and K Street Pali Hill, he makes an entry into crime drama with CID — Special Bureau, from August 22.

Who is Samir Sharma?

Delhi-based Sharma arrived in Mumbai 10 months ago to pursue a career in acting. Before that, he worked in an ad agency and an IT company in Bangalore. Made his acting debut with the weekly, Dil Kya Chahta Hai, on Star One. Now, he also models.

[email protected]

*Guli* thumbnail

Tumhari Disha's Porineeta out

Kunal M Shah

Kavita Kaushik, who is better known as the protagonist Porineeta on Tumhari Disha will no more be around on the Zee show. Sources claim there were differences between the producer and the actor that led to Kaushik leaving the show.
However Kaushik informs, "Yes it's true that I won't be a part of Tumhari Disha anymore, and that yesterday was my last day of shoot. But this was bound to happen in any case. My role was supposed to be a cameo for just three months, but it got extended to eight months, as the character got popular. I was also not enjoying doing the programme anymore, as the narrative was dragging. There was no definite storyline. So the producer, Roopali Guha and I had a discussion, and we settled it amicably."
Kaushik denies having any problems whatsoever with Guha: "I agree that I was not comfortable with some of the scenes and I had my own inhibitions. I explained that to Roopali and she was kind enough to agree. I am thankful to her that she understood my point of view. For me the project is over, and I am now doing Kesar, where my character has just been introduced as a princess."
On the other hand producer Guha says, "Kavita's track on Tumhari Disha has come to an end for the moment, but you never know about the future. If her track is needed sometime later, she might make a comeback on the show."
Even Guha denies having had any differences with Kaushik: "I agree that she was dissatisfied with certain scenes but she expressed that to me and we made changes accordingly. I don't see any controversies here". It may be recalled that Kaushik had publicly expressed her displeasure over enacting portions on the programme. She had refused to shoot for certain sequences. Guha had threatened then about seriously considering to speak to Zee and getting her thrown out.
* "I agree that she was dissatisfied with certain scenes but she expressed that to me and we made changes accordingly. I don't see any controversies here"Producer Roopali Guha

Print this article

View Comments

Kavita Kaushik

*Guli* thumbnail

Hi

Article from Midday:

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/september/119043.htm

Tumhari Disha completes a year
   September 19, 2005

(L to R) Director Yash Chavan, Ashish Nayyar, Dimple Inamdar, Chhavi Hussein, Krutika Desai and Sachin Tyagi
The cast and crew of Zee's drama Tumhari Disha recently completed one year on the channel.

The show that deals with the ups and downs of the protagonist Disha (Chhavi Hussein) has been having its fair share of off screen drama.

Acknowledging this, producer Rupali Guha says, "As we go into the next year, I hope I don't have to do any more replacements. I hate changing the faces of the characters in my show. First it was Sachin Sharma who had to be replaced with Sachin Tyagi. Now Tasneem Khan who plays Rano has gone missing."

On a positive note

Chhavi Hussein feeding the cake to Ashish Nayyar as Dimple Inamdar looks on
Recalling some of the high points of the last year Rupali says, "Recently the introduction of Satvik (Ashish Nayyar) in the storyline has turned out really well.

After building up DK (also played by Nayyar) with his whole look and creating an impact it was a challenge to set the stage for Satvik.

But the credit entirely goes to Ashish for pulling it off amazingly." Referring to the twist where Disha leaves Vedant she says, "I think Disha leaving Vedant came out beautifully. We didn't want to turn her into a vamp, as it is a very emotional thing which she does."

Future track

When asked where the story of Disha was heading, Rupali says, "I definitely want the show to go on as long as it can.

With characters like Disha, Vedant and Satvik, there is a lot to build on." Revealing what's likely to happen in the near future, she says, "Gargi will lose her legs and realize that everything that goes around comes around. After ridiculing DK about his crutches, now she will also have to use them. It will be a huge blow to her."

On the Disha – DK front Rupali says, " We will finally see them both share some really intimate moments just before they get married."

[email protected]

*Guli* thumbnail

Zarina Wahab is another actress who keeps making flying visits. No not to Pune but to Hyderabad. And it isn't because she's being courted by a nawab or has a taste for Hyderabadi biryani. The Chit Chor chokri like Tabu is a Hyderabadi girl and despite all the years she's spent in Mumbai Hyderabad's still home for her. That's where her sisters have settled and what's more, that's where she can catch up with the latest Telugu flicks.

< name=1>

*Guli* thumbnail
Article from Mid-day:

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/september/119941.htm

Take Ten: Dimple Ghosh
   September 30, 2005

Dimple Ghosh who plays Sania in Zee's Tumhari Disha says she's having a great time shooting for the show. Not only is she best friends with Disha (Chhavi Hussein) but also is the jaan of the unit.

"I am an extrovert and love making friends," she says. Here are 10 things you would like to know about Dimple…

When is your birthday and what is your star sign?
I was born on February 27 and am a Piscean.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
I believe in both.

Where were you born and which school did you go to?
I was born in Kolkata and went to St Theresa's High School.

What was your first job? And how much was your first paycheque?
After school I worked as a PRO and earned 900 bucks a month. 

One thing you are really bad at doing?
I am terrible at saying no.

What is your favourite smell?
I love the smell of earth after the first rains.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be living?
I stay at Yari Road, but would love to be at Malabar Hill or Bandra Bandstand.

What cell phone do you use?
Nokia 3230.

What car do you use?
Blue Hyundai Accent.

Who do you regret losing touch with?
Sushmita Sen. We were really close friends, but we have lost touch since the last two years.

*Guli* thumbnail

Evil dead: Sudha Chandran turns saintly
   October 11, 2005

Sudha Chandran
Sudha Chandran, who plays the scheming Gayatri Kaul (GK) of K Street Pali Hill, is all set to appear in a de-glamourised avatar as Vasudha, in Zee's Tumhari Disha.

Without any make-up, Chandran will play the role of a simple woman who is adopted by DK (Ashish Nayyar) and Disha (Chhavi Hussein). This will be a "good break" for the actress, after her continuing streak of negative roles.

Positively excited

Says Sudha, "What excited me was the prospect of playing a positive role. I have been doing grey roles to the hilt in the last few shows, so this is like a welcome change."

Producer Rupali Guha states her reasons for choosing Chandran. "She always does her extra bit, like a value addition to the character. It's wonderful having her on board.

Vasudha is a widow, lonely and with no one to take care of her. DK and Disha have themselves come from backgrounds where they didn't have real parents, so there is a natural instinct for them to get Vasudha home."

Funny gal

Apart from Tumhari Disha, Sudha is also excited about her role as the dead wife in Balaji's Hum Paanch. "I have already started shooting on that and the look is exactly like that of Priya's (Tendulkar). I have the same blue sari and bindi. I was dying to do comedy, and with Hum Paanch, I get an amazing platform to have fun."

She says audiences will now see her in different avatars throughout the day. "I will make them laugh in Hum Paanch, cry in Tumhari Disha, and show my evil side in K Street Pali Hill."

[email protected]