Concept/ Characters/ Articles-NO COMMENTS - Page 5

Posted: 17 years ago
Sachin out of CID Special Bureau
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   December 1, 2005

Sachin Sharma
Many actors have jumped into Sony's CID Special Bureau bandwagon, butnow they are voicing their dissatisfaction and a few are even contemplating about quitting the show.

The first to call it off is Sachin Sharma, aka sub-inspector Samar, who joined the crime series after walking out of two Balaji shows — Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and K Street Pali Hill. Says the actor, "My character wasn't going anywhere. There was no scope for exploring my histrionic skills, so I left the show."

However, a member from Fireworks Production says, "B P Singh doesn't take any interference from the cast. Sachin  had his set of differences,  so they parted amicably."

No scope for characters

The actor pointed out the pattern of the show as his primary concern for quitting. He says, "Being a thriller, the emphasis is more on the story and not on the characters. I felt the characters should be established in the course of the story. Unfortunately, the production house couldn't do much about it."

When quizzed about the reaction of the production house the actor says, "The reaction was obvious — 'stay back' — but I couldn't convince myself. As an actor, I always want to give my audience something from my side. Even if my character is taken out of the script, there's not going to be much of a difference. I couldn't see myself playing such a character."

Growing differences

The production house confirms the development. Says supervising producer, Yash Patnaik, "It was a mutual decision. There were issues that couldn't be sorted out, and we decided to amicably part ways. There are no hard feelings. We are not looking for any replacement and have decided to drop the character."

Balaji bane?

Adds a source, "There were growing differences, and Sachin had walked off the sets on one occasion. He is a humble guy who expressed his concerns, but unfortunately, nothing was done about it, forcing him to opt out."

However, Patnaik denied this. "Nothing like that happened. I don't know who is spreading all these rumours." Added Sharma, "I wasn't well that day, and had informed my producers about it. It has nothing to do with my opting out." Another source from the production house added, "Different production houses have their own ways of working and dealing with situations. Most actors who have joined us from the Balaji camp are having problems."

Knack for family drama

Does Sharma regret leaving the Balaji shows? "Whatever happens, happens for good," he says. "Leaving those shows was the right decision then, and quitting CID Special Bureau now is also right."

The actor promises to be back in action soon, "There are few offers but nothing has materialised as of now. I prefer doing a family drama any day, as it involves a lot of emotions and you can prove your worth as an actor at the same time."

[email protected]

Kohinoor on SaharaOne will have two new entrants on the show. The thriller on

SaharaOne is getting Zarina Wahab and Rahul Singh entering the show.
Zarina plays Iravati Bai and Irawati's long lost mother.
"I play this blind mother who belongs to the Pandava's generation.Its a very nice role. And you have to watch me in this avatar,"smiles the lovely Zarina.

The members of Purple Flower kill Iravatibai's husband and son and they leave her wounded and also kidnap her daughter Chandini (Iravati).Although she was left frail and blind she gathers herself and starts an ashram for women.

Rahul Singh plays Prince Abhimanyu in Kohinoor.
"My character falls for Irawati while Samar (played by Ankur) is my old friend and both of them try to fool me and use me to get Kohinoor. Even though he feels cheated he still gets back to them" chuckles Rahul.
The show might not have done too well nevertheless it is getting talented actors into the show to perhaps improve its TRP ratings.
So catch the two talent pots on SaharaOne from Monday to Thursday at 10pm.

Zarina Wahab unaffected by rumours
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   December 5, 2005

Zarina Wahab
Aditya Panscholi
Bollywood's actress of yesteryears, Zarina Wahab, who has entered Kohinoor (SaharaOne) says she is not perturbed when she reads or hears about her husband, Aditya Panscholi's, romantic link-ups.

Compromise formula

Speaking to hitList from Panchgani, where she is shooting for a Bhojpuri film, starring Ravi Kissen, she says she is not interested in what happens outside her home.

"When he comes home, I only see how he behaves with me, my son Suraj, and my daghter Sana. The moment he enters the house, he is very good to me and the kids. Whatever he does outside, is his business. I am not going to interfere," she says, pragmatically.

"I am extremely happy. I know I married an actor, and rumours, affairs and link-ups are a part of show business. I have been in the entertainment industry for more than 25 years; I understand," she adds.

Gem of a role

Like she plays the protagonist Disha's (Chhavi Mittal) mother in Tumhari Disha (Zee), she will play protagonist Iravati's (Kulraj Randhawa) mom in Kohinoor. "I play a blind woman, and found it very challenging to portray that. I particularly liked the fact that I am the one who knows where the Kohinoor is."

Zarina's role in Kohinoor is limited to only a few episodes, but a SaharaOne official offers, "She will keep appearing in flashback scenes, which will be shown repeatedly." Unlike other actresses, Zarina says she has no plans of starting a production house. "I know only acting, and will continue to act, as and when I feel like it."

[email protected]

Another new entrant…

Another new entrant in Kohinoor is Rahul Singh, playing Prince Abhimanyu. Singh explains his character, "Abhimanyu has a lot of knowledge about antiques and heritage. The Kohinoor search gang reaches me, and I join them in the hunt."

Singh made his debut in Zubeida, followed by Bas Itna Khwab Hai, Darna Mana Hai and Netaji — The Forgotten Hero. He also wrote dalogues for Sanjay Gupta's Kaante.

"Plus, I am doing Sanjay Singh's Kachi Sadak, which I have written, and Shyam Benegal's next with Urmila Matondkar and Jimmy Shergill," he says. Kohinoor is his first full-fledged serial

Weaving technicoloured dreams
Riva Bubber, Juhi Chawla, Shreyas Talpade and Shweta Prasad with Kruttika and the Akanksha kids
For the third consecutive year, Akanksha, the NGO's children bring to the city of Mumbai another musical, Kabir and the Rangeen Kurta.

With 150 underprivileged children participating and many more working on its production, this musical sends out another simple message… the power of dreams and the courage it takes to make them come true…Exciting things about this year's show? Shiamak Davar's Troupe is choreographing all the dances.

Kruttika Desai, TV actress and Director, has been working with the children all year on their acting. The Numan Choir will be singing with our children.

Mumbai's most eminent set designer, Fali Unwala, has designed the sets and work on them with the NGO's Art Class children. Highlight Films is making a Kabir and the Rangeen Kurta short film which will be interwoven into the play.

Gopi Vaid has designed the costumes for children. A special line of 'Rangeen' products will be on sale at the show  including Rangeen Kurtas to take home. Chief Dreamers will be Iqbal's brother-sister duo of Shreyas Talpade and Shweta Prasad.

Debutante on Tumhari Disha

Prashant Chawla

Ex model Prashant Chawla makes the sitcom his launching pad

It looks like a stint with Zee's primetime soap, Tumhari Disha, has become a rite of passage for TV actors or TV aspirants. First there was Sudha Chandran as Vasudha the vamp, then Raju Shreshtha came along as Johnny the taxi driver, and tonight's episode has Prashant Chawla, a debutante, playing a character called Satya.

Producer Rupali Guha says, "Satya is the owner of a TV channel. This is the place where Disha (played by Chavi Mittal) will come to seek a job as a means to end her troubles. It is yet another of her attempts to start life afresh."

A channel source says, "Satya is a happy-go-lucky young guy, who instantly likes Disha for her naive, innocent nature. Satya introduces himself as one of the employees of the company and gets friendly with Disha. He also helps her get the job she desperately wants."

Prashant Chawla was a model before an actor, with a couple of print ads and commercials to his credit. He won the 2004 Grasim Best Smile runner-up title. And Tumhari Disha marks his debut on television. Interestingly, the actor is also a chartered accountant. He says, "Completing my studies was a priority. It was a formality that I wanted to fulfill so that I could then turn to my creative interests. I have done a lot of ads and print campaigns. With Tumhari Disha I expect my work to be noticed. Getting oneself noticed is the first step to getting work in the industry, is his opinion.

Kavita Kaushik to play tomboy on Dil Kya Chahta Hai

Kavita Kaushik, who recently quit Tumhari Disha, has some interesting roles in her kitty. The

New boy on the block: Kavita Kaushik
actress who has already entered the track of Kesar, and is all ready to leave for Hrishikesh to shoot for Sony's Paisa Bhari Padega, has now been inducted on to Star One's Dil Kya Chahta Hai. The show enters its last month of broadcast with the new reality act, Nach baliye going on air in the same slot from October onwards.

Speaking about her new character Kavita says, "Well I'm doing something that's completely opposite my real life personality. On the show I play the part of Nira, Nitin's girlfriend. She is a very presumptuous girl who is very bindaas and is seen around in dungarees and cargo clothes. She's just like the boys and loves to hangout with them."

"Comedy is always a refreshing change to the usual saas- bahu sagas. I don't have to have a lot of make up, I'm just one of the boys on the show, you see. Its all so hassle free and fun," says a visibly excited Kavita.

Well, after Samir Soni's exit from this show on metro sexual men, Kavita seems to have had it easy, blending in with the boys. "I've already become part of their pranks. They think they're too smart and are always up to some mischief, but these days it's like I'm the one who's pulling a fast one on them each time," she laughs. "I feel like I'm in school again actually, after being treated like such a child on the sets."

Kavita's track on the show goes on air from Thursday. She replaces Samir Soni, who after repeated calls spoke to Telly Chakkar. "The deal is that my contract on the show expired, so I've moved on. It was a good experience and now its time to bid adieu," sighs Samir.

By SURAJ WANVARI
Posted on 8 September 2005
7:30 pm
Kavita Kaushik enters CID

Come 23 December and CID on Sony will see Kavita Kaushik playing a cop in the show.

"I play Anushka, an investigative cop working for the central intelligence in the show. I am working with such senior actors and it is such a pleasant experience shooting for the show. I play this young courageous cop who is very enthusiastic, ready to learn and take on any difficulty that comes her way. The serial is shot like a film and I think I am growing as an actor ," says the lovely lady who has Kesar in hand currently.

Kavita has a neat look and will have jeans; shirts and high boots look in the show.

Kavita Kaushik was seen as Porineeta in Tumhari Disha, as Pallavi(lawyer) in Remix,as an anchor in Kahiye To,as Annie in Yeh Meri Life Hai,as Monica in Kutumb,Sonali in Kahani Teri Meri besides she was the tomboy in Dil Kya Chahta Hai.

By KAVITA SHYAM
Posted on 20 December 2005 6:30 pm
TellyChakkar.com-300th Party Bash!

ttp://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k5/dec/22dec/slideshow_disha.p hp
Chavvi Hussein
Disha on a song

You have seen her play Disha in Zee's Tumhari Disha. But not many know that Chavvi Hussein is also a trained singer.

Tonight's episode will have Chavvi singing a ghazal — Ek na ek shamma. She has a Masters in music, and has performed in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.

Krutika Desai hurt

Gargi of Tumhari Disha injured herself while working-out to prepare for the upcoming Mumbai Marathon

Sapana Patil

Actress Krutika Desai, presently seen as Gargi Sehgal in Zee's Tumhari Disha has been limping since the last few days. The lady hurt herself when she was working out in her gym. "I was preparing for the upcoming Mumbai Marathon (to be held on January 15). I had not worked out for a long time. But I thought that if I worked out for a month, I would be able to make it for the dream run," she says.

"I guess I strained myself too much. My left ankle began to pain. I thought it was the result of my attempt to run after a long time. Also, because of my shooting schedules, my work-out had become erratic. My doctor told me that I have pulled the ligament in my foot and that it was at a risk of tearing. He prescribed me a week's rest but that was impossible as I had to report for a shoot the next day. So, I couldn't rest my foot. And at the rate at which I have been working and partying, I wonder when the pain will subside and my foot will get better."    

However, nothing can dampen her spirits and dedication to her commitments. She is upbeat about a play called Kabeer Ka Rangeen Kurta that she is directing for the children of the NGO Akanksha and is looking forward to its launch next month. "But I don't know if I will be able to run for the marathon now. If I feel better by the first week of January, then I think I can make an attempt still. I have promised the children from Akanksha that I will run for them. I hope I can live up to the promise I made to them," she says.