TOI- I don't want to play a poor kid- sparsh

gohem123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

I don't want to play a poor kid:

Sparsh Khanchandani after rising to fame as chhoti Ichcha in a chat with Neha Maheshwri

After playing the role of poverty-stricken Ichcha in Uttaran, one expected little Sparsh Khanchandani to do similar roles. But she chose a family drama titled Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti kuchh Meethi on Sony TV, which features a crowd of kids instead.

And guess what? She's glad to play the role of Rashi in the show as it not only allows her to be her real self but also accommodates her school-timings and other extra curricular activities. It enables her to strike a perfect balance between work, fun and studies. But another reason why Sparsh is particularly thrilled about this role is that she gets to wear the choicest of dresses especially western outfits.

Sparsh says, "While I was playing Ichcha, my clothes were always shabby because the character was born in a poor family. There were times when people used to think that I am actually as poor as Ichcha in real life too. I also did a Hollywood movie, Meena - Half The Sky, which again had me don a similar getup as Ichcha's. That's when I told my parents that I don't want to play a poor kid again and luckily Rashi's role was offered to me. The first thought that struck me was 'Chalo, I will get to wear good clothes'." Ask her if she has taken any acting lessons, pat comes the reply, "How can one learn acting? Doesn't it come naturally?" Perfecting the art at an early age!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dpsite_Swati thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks for sharing. 😊