Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

::DOTW-Financial Dependance /Emotional Dependance:

chocobear thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
In Parvarish we can see both the women(sweetyG and PinkyG) are Financially as well as emotionally dependant on their hubbies. So i would like to know your views on it. I think i should elaborate a bit more.😳

Financially, in both the houses the husband is the one who goes out and earns for their family whereas the women of the house are seen looking after the house and kids. Which is fine-atleast in sweetyG's case as we have seen her husband has a flourishing business and they are financially well settled. whereas in Pinky's case the husband is the sole earner and the family income is not too good. There are five members to eat and only one of them is earning. I feel in this situation both the husband and wife should be working. Even if they can manage with Jeet's income I feel if Pinky too works will make them financially more secure and they their kids future too. Else the whole burden right now is on Jeet. Personally I feel a girl should be financially independant first and then get married. But some years back this was not the case. A girl would first be married and then her prospects of working/not working would arise. And Pinky and SweetyG belonged to that time plus leaving your job so that you can be for your kids 24*7 too seems to be a good idea. But then if your leaving the job can leave you financially unstable is not a good idea too. So it depends on the situation But overall I would say if both the husband and wife are working, financially they would be more stable and would be able to secure their kid's future financially more. They won't have to cut down their own expenses so as to meet their kids.

Emotionally I would say we all are dependent on someone or the other. Whether we accept it or not but we need someone or the other emotionally. Someone who would listen to us, would guide us, would lend their shoulders to cry. We all need someone on whom we can be emotionally dependant. Be it your spouse or parents or friends. We all are dependent on someone or the other emotionally. And which fine. We need to be emotionally dependent. 

I feel being emotionally dependent is normal and fine but financially one should be independent. Even if your husband is okay to fulfill all your desires and needs I feel the added income would always be helpful for the house.

Would like to know your views as well. Will edit my post whenever I remember to add something. Wrote it in a hurry so excuse the mistakes please and i think i couln't explain it in a proper way😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrinmoye thumbnail

Yeah... Very true.

I totally agree with you.  ðŸ˜Š

Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Very Well explained Sweety! Totally Agree with u! 
chocobear thumbnail
I thought this was a discussion thread i guess i couldnt write it properly. 
jeet. thumbnail
yes dear..ur views are vry accurate..

a typical indian wife is totally dependent on her husband financially..and emotionally ,well,not totally ,but won't say not at all..
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If it is a case of choice then it is up 2 d wife if she wants 2 earn or not. But if it is d case of necassity then it becomes inevitable 4 d wife 2 earn. Also whn I say it depends on d wife nd not d husband tht's coz d wife actaully does hv a full-time job of being a home-maker nd so if it interests her 2 be financially independent then she should go 4 it.

Tht is d case wid me. Though b4 marraige I was working, but after marraige nd motherhoood I don't find it feasible 2 go nd do a 9 to 5 job, though I do hv an independent streak. So wat I'm doing is working frm home which gives me a lot of flexibility nd allows me 2 be my own boss, at d same time giving me financial freedom. Dis wayI can indulge myself nd my kids wid little things, nd don't hv 2 run 2 my husband 4 d smallest of expenses.😊