Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

TOI: Sargun makes birthday boy Ravi feel special!

By Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Dec 23, 2012, 07.12 PM IST
READ MORE Sargun Mehta|Ravi Dubey|Nach Baliye|Kyaa Hua Tera Waada
Sargun makes birthday boy Ravi feel special!
Ravi Dubey & Sargun Mehta

TV actor Ravi Dubey turns a year older today and his girlfriend Sargun Mehta made his 'special' day memorable.

The very much in love couple Ravi Dubey and Sargun Mehta will soon be seen shaking a leg in the fifth season of Nach Baliye. Though Ravi's working schedule does not permit him to celebrate his birthday lavishly, but all thanks to his girlfriend Sargun, Ravi's birthday became a day to remember.

Ravi's 'special' day usually starts with a visit to temple where he prayed to God for the betterment of his family and himself.

Ravi also intends to visit an orphanage besides going out for dinner with lady love Sargun Mehta. Sargun is busy with her current daily soap Kyaa Hua Tera Waada shoot but she still managed to take time out to make birthday boy feel special.

Sargun says, "Last night we went to Merlins with a few friends to bring in his birthday.He loves to sing hindi songs at the karaoke. His favourite song is Oochi hai building lift lift teri band hai" and we had a blast.

When asked what did she gift Ravi this year, she says, "I got him a Samsung Galaxy note 800 and I made a card for him. If you see it you shall die laughing and I have suddenly started feeling like a teenager. But still its Ravi's special day and I make one every year".

Well, Sargun it is the feeling and the intention of love that counts. Ravi is lucky to have a girlfriend like you and we must say you both make a good pair.

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: Sargun Mehta's co-incidence

By Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Dec 26, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

Sargun Mehta's co-incidence
Sargun Mehta

Sargun Mehta who was last seen in the title role of Phulwa and is currently doing Comedy Circus as well as the role of a grown up Bulbulin Ekta Kapoor's show Kya Hua Tera Vaada, which took a leap. 

The show will have a mix of existing and new characters with Sargun as the main lead now. On being asked how she got the role she said, "I got a call and on hearing the role I liked it and I took it up. I am playing a journalist. It's a strange co-incidence because Kya Hua Tera Vaada has been my favourite show since the last four months and I had been watching all the episodes. And the ones which I used to miss I used to record and see them later. It's ironical that I met Pawan Shankar on the first day of my shoot and I came to know he used to like my work in Phulwa. I told him that I have been watching the show regularly and I had never imagined that I will be a part of it." Sargun further added, "I suddenly got a call for this role and things fell into place."

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: Jatin and Mona's paths cross again

TNN | Dec 27, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
Jatin and Mona's paths cross again
Hiten Tejwani
Mona and Jatin's paths will cross once again in Sony Entertainment Television's Kya Huaa Tera Vaada. Two more characters —Jatin and Vihan — will soon enter the show.

After Pradeep's untimely death, his wife Mona single-handedly raises their children. With time, old wounds have healed and the family has moved on. It is at this point that an old friend, Jatin, returns to Mona's life.

Jatin, played by Hiten Tejwani, is a business tycoon heading a news channel. In fact, he will be the owner of the channel where Mona's daughter Bulbul works. On the other hand, Vihan, played by Mohit Malhotra, will be smitten with Anika (Anushka Sarkar's daughter).

Before the time leap, Jatin was introduced to Mona by her in-laws in an attempt to get them hitched. Though Jatin was a good person, Mona had refused the proposal. About his comeback, Hiten says, "I had a good experience when I was part of the show last time. It will be good to play a different shade this time around. Now, with Pradeep not being a part of Mona's life, you may see romance brewing between us. Jatin also has a nephew, Vihan, who is in love with Anika."

Mohit says, "Vihan belongs to a very affluent family and is madly in love with Anika. He has an intense personality, but also has a soft side to him. As an actor, I'm very happy to play a character with so many different shades." Will love blossom between Jatin and Mona? Will Mona accept Jatin in her life?
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: TV stars New Year resolutions

By Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Dec 31, 2012, 07.08 PM IST
TV stars New Year resolutions
Sargun MehtaMore Pics

It's New Year's Eve and it's time to say good bye to year 2012. When the entire nation is in high spirits and busy making resolutions how can our favourite TV stars be left behind? 

However, making resolutions is easy but sticking to them takes determination and accountability. We spoke to some popular TV stars to find out if they really believe in following resolutions.

Sargun Mehta aka Bulbul of Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada says, "I haven't thought of any resolutions. May be I will think on making one by the end of the day or tomorrow and that too for kicks.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: I don't believe in hiding behind the 'Just Friends' tag: Sargun
By Ano Patel, TNN | Jan 3, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

I don't believe in hiding behind the 'Just Friends' tag: Sargun
Sargun Mehta

She is the one to take on to challenges easily. Although acting was not on her mind at all,Sargun Mehta landed in the world of showbiz and has now made a name for herself in the industry. Having acted in 12/24 Karol Bagh and Phulwa and an episodic of Teri Meri Love Stories, this Delhi girl is now juggling between daily soap Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, and reality shows Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe and Nach Baliye 5. TOI chatted with Sargun on her different small screen outings and more

Acting chops

I never had any plans to become an actor. I was ready to go to the UKto pursue masters in marketing. Since I was involved in a theatre group in college, I got the offer for my first show there. My mother told me that I should give it a try and if I don't like it, I can carry on with my education. The best part of my first show was that it was shot in Delhi (my hometown) and I did not have to move to Mumbai for it. 

Lot on the platter

With so many things happening, I have a crazy schedule running from one set to another. For the last two weeks I could manage to sleep for only two hours, that too between shots on the sets. I decided to do comedy (in Comedy Circus) because I wanted to prove to myself whether I have it in me. Whenever I saw stand-up comedy, I used to wonder how they did it. I was always intrigued by their work. So I decided to go for it. 

Mush mush hota hai

Ravi (Dubey) and I met on the sets of our first show and became friends. We gradually fell in love. I have never hidden my relationship from my family or even the media. I don't believe in hiding behind the 'Just Friends' tag. It was my decision to be with Ravi. We were never in the phase where we thought 'let's just date'. We are totally committed to each other and that is why we also decided to do Nach Baliye

Episodic vs Soap

I played the lead in an episodic of TMLS. We really enjoyed shooting in Kashmir. The series worked well with the audience, but I feel how long can somebody watch the episodics. Viewers cannot connect to characters in such shows. If every story and actors have to be different for each episode, what will be the difference between TV and movies? 

I, me, myself

I am quite balanced in life — very bubbly on one hand and fierce with my work on the other hand. I love watching movies, not for the sake of watching, but for eating lots of popcorn and nachos and sipping cold drink! I am a huge foodie and love eating out with friends. I don't do workouts at all. I also enjoy reading during my spare time.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-dont-believe-in-hiding-behind-the-Just-Friends-tag-Sargun/articleshow/17857875.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: "I would'nt mind playing a negative role": Neelam Sivia

Monday, January 14, 2013 | 12:01:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Neelam Sivia currently seen in Sony TV's Kya Huaa Tera Vaada in talk with Tellybuzz...

How did you bag the role of Anika in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada?

I was asked to come an audition for the role, I gave a look test and got finalized for the show.

How has your journey been so far in the industry?

My journey has been pretty interesting and good. I moved to Mumbai 3 years ago and in the beginning it was very difficult since I was new to the city and did not know anyone. However, now everything has become smoother for me. 

You are working with big stars like Mona Jaswir Singh, Mouli Ganguly amongst others. How is the experience?

I haven't had any scenes with Mona yet but she is very sweet.  Mouli is great and very co-operative. This is my first show and she has been very supportive. I learn a lot by watching her.

How is the real Neelam Sivia?
Neelam is very sweet and chilled out. I like traveling and watching movies which is my biggest time pass.

The type of role you wish to play in the future?

I want to play anything which is exciting, like Anika is a character with a lot of shades. I wouldn't mind doing a negative role or a typical Bollywood kind of role or that of a psychotic person. Actually, anything that appeals to me.

What do you do in your free time? 

In my free time I just want to relax but when I am not shooting I spend a lot time doing domestic chores. Also, I make sure I go to gym, like this week I only went to the gym once. I also go learn Kathak and whenever I get I call my teacher and learn from her. Apart from that I hang out with friends and as I stay with my sister in Mumbai I spend some time with her too

Your favourite food?

Right now I am eating a sandwich but I love anything made from potatoes.  My favourite cuisine is Thai and apart from that I live Mexican food too. I hail from Punjab and so I love to eat Noth Indian food. It reminds me of my mom's cooking.

Favourite holiday destination?

Of all the places I have been to, Spain would be one of them and Turkey was amazing. There are many other places that I want to visit. I am more of an exotic person, so anything with beaches is something I like. 

Favourite TV show at the moment?

Kya Hua Tera Vaada (laughs).

Favourite TV actor/actress?

Right now, all my support and love is for Mouli Ganguly.

What do you have to say to your fans who are watching you in the show?

Well, if they relate to me, they will like me and because of their support, I get the courage to do better and bigger.

Reporter and Author: Nadia Malik

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/13729-i-wouldnt-mind-playing-a-negative-role-neelam-sivia.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: Wedding bells will ring soon: Ravi Dubey

By Vinita Chaturvedi, TNN | Jan 16, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

READ MORE Sushant Singh|Sania Mirza|Fun.|Sushant Singh Rajput|Shilpa Shetty
Wedding bells will ring soon: Ravi Dubey

Serials like '12/24 Karol Bagh' and 'Saas Bina Sasural' saw Ravi Dubey carving a niche for himself as an actor, who stands by all things subtle. Hence, it is really interesting to see him competing in dance reality show 'Nach Baliye', which is all about flaunting your expressions and attitude with a vengeance. Ask him how difficult it is, and the soft-spoken lad says, "It is tough, but I'm enjoying it because I love challenges." With this, he settled down to a relaxed chitchat with TOI on his maiden visit to the city:

Dance reality shows generally tend to bring out the worst in a couple because of crazy rehearsal hours and frayed nerves. So, how are you and your girlfriend Sargun Mehta coping with it?

Of course, we have our own share of fights, but that is because I tend to argue about each dance step. Sargun, on the other hand, is very accommodating. But, I feel it is better to disagree than disrespect your partner. While gruelling rehearsals tend to tire us out, we are loving the time we get to spend together.

You and Sargun have been together for two years now. When are the wedding bells likely to ring?

They will ring soon, very soon! Our families will meet and take a call at the right time, which is not far off now.

Doesn't your girlfriend get little jealous, when Shilpa Shetty compliments you in her bindaas manner? Shilpa Shetty is gorgeous, but I have a stunner of my own. So, my girl need not be any more jealous than she already is!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Wedding-bells-will-ring-soon-Ravi-Dubey/articleshow/18043597.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: One thing at a time for Mona

Monday, January 14, 2013 | 7:54:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Mona Singh has maintained a healthy balance between her anchoring projects, films and television. But right now she is totally focussed on her show "Kyaa Huaa Tera Vaada".

Mona Singh

Mona Jaswir Singh has maintained a healthy balance between her anchoring projects, films and television. But right now she is totally focussed on her show "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada".

"I have always given my hundred percent to one thing at a time. At the moment, I am only concentrating on my show 'Kya Huaa Tera Vaada'," Mona, seen in films like "3 Idiots" and "Utt Pataang" told IANS.

Last month, the story of "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada" took a 10-year leap.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13741-one-thing-at-a-time-for-mona.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: One thing at a time for Mona
IANS | Jan 15, 2013, 06.56 PM IST

One thing at a time for Mona
Mona Singh

Mona Singh has maintained a healthy balancebetween her anchoring projects, films and television. But right now she is totally focused on her show "Kyaa Huaa Tera Vaada". 

"I have always given my hundred percent to one thing at a time. At the moment, I am only concentrating on my show 'Kya Huaa Tera Vaada'," Mona, seen in films like " 3 Idiots" and"Utt Pataang" told IANS. 

Last month, the story of "Kyaa Huaa..." took a 10-year leap.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/One-thing-at-a-time-for-Mona/articleshow/18034914.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: Government needs to do a reality check on humour: Sargun

By Vinita Chaturvedi, TNN | Jan 18, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

READ MORE Sargun Mehta|Nach Baliye|Comedy Circus|Entertainment|Kya Hua Tera Vada
Government needs to do a reality check on humour: Sargun
Sargun Mehta

Telly actress Sargun Mehta told NT on her visit to Nagpur that it's high time humour is taken with a pinch of salt

Whether it was her middle-class defiance in12/24 Karol Bagh, her stark innocence inPhulwa, her tough-as-nails attitude in Kya Hua Tera Vada or her twinkle toes moves in Nach Baliye, Sargun Mehta has held her own in almost every genre on telly.

But, this versatile actress surprised almost everyone when she matched wits with Kapil Sharma in Comedy Circus with aplomb. And even though she has taken a short sabbatical from the show to focus on Nach..., Sargun says, "I love to dance, but I feel when you are competing in a dance show, most of the fun goes out. So, I plan to go back to comedy as soon as I'm through with the dance reality show." She got up, close with TOI on her visit to Nagpur...

Ask her as a newbie comic actress, what does she feel about the notice sent by the government's Broadcasting Content Complaint Council (BCCC), warning the Entertainment channels not to carry 'crass, abusive, vulgar and double-meaning language with sexual overtones in the name of humour' and Sargun says without much ado: "I feel the government needs to do a reality check on humour! Youngsters are not taking all their lessons in life from TV or films. They are exposed to all kinds of content on their phones, computers etc., thanks to Internet. And today, a fifth class student is more aware about certain aspects of life than most of us. So, we need to take a mature look at these comic shows on telly. It's time we stopped being hypocritical in our approach; and we should look at humour in a more broad-minded way. It doesn't mean that we start endorsing cheap humour, but a dash of double meaning jokes is unavoidable in comedy shows today."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Government-needs-to-do-a-reality-check-on-humour-Sargun/articleshow/18062474.cms