Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Reality of reality

• June 17, 2012 
  • By Suparna Sharma

Reality of reality

I had a nice little plan. To get into Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 5 mood, I was going to watch Aasman Se Aage (Life OK), a show that throws sharp-sharp light on reality dance shows. Iss show ka concept bahut jana-pehchana hai. DC, or Dev Chopra, is the judge, producer and director of a telly dance competition. Only two things matter to DC: ek toh DC himself, and doosra, TRPs. Every decision he takes is either to satisfy his own ego, or it's an offering to the TRP God.

DC's dance show has two more judges — Sanam, a cross-dresser celebrity with a mind of her own, and item girl Mahua. There are also contestants, a screaming anchor, and nodding studio audience. There are big prizes and stardom to be won, dramatic long pauses before winners and losers are announced, rona-dhona and everything else that a dance show has. Except that Aasman Se Aage is not a reality dance show. This is a show that shows the real reality of reality dance shows. And it's not the mood for a spoof; it's more in expose mode.

Badi hi chalaki se the creators of Aasman Se Aage have mixed and matched the tension and excitement of reality shows and the tried and tested saazish-syappa scenarios of our daily soaps.

We get little on-stage dancing, but there are lots of candid, parda-faash moments. During the "breaks" in the dance competition, we listen in on the judges' creepy politics, watch pushy parents cursing other parents and rival contestants exchanging deadly glances. We are privy to off-camera bitching, snide remarks, killer looks, and kaun sa contestant kis judge ka favourite hain, aur kyun. We see how contestants, and TRPs, are manipulated by flogging stories of poverty and family tragedies.

But, just as I was getting in the mood, Kya Hua Tera Vada (Sony) mein Jatinji ne entry mari aur ek hi neat stroke mein sab ke tote-shote uda diye.

Oye hoye! Kya moment tha when Jatinji told Mona's in-laws, "If you don't mind, I'd like to marry your bahu." Hain! Everyone was giving priceless hakka-bakka expression and Mona's ex-husband Pradeep toh itni tension mein tha that he was swaying aage-peeche, as if trying to push out last bits of obstinate potty.

Mona, who was upset and muttering "how can I remarry... I'm not a piece of furniture that anyone can come and claim me", took me back to Salma Agha's famous line to Raj Babbar in Nikaah, "Mein tairti, tairti thak gayi hoon Haider, mujhe kinara chahiye." Monaji, a brief halt hi sahi, kuch der toh Jatinji ke dil ke bageeche mein tehel lo. Hai, bada maza aayega.

Magical_KaSh thumbnail

Mona's marriage proposal infuriates Pradeep

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 | 6:46:36 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    19 Comments
Mona's marriage proposal infuriates Pradeep

The lives of Mona, Pradeep and Jatin might take an interesting turn in Sony tv's show Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

The viewers of Sony tv popular show Kya Hua Teera Vaada will get to see an interesting track coming up soon, in which Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) will be getting jealous to see Mona (Mona Jaswir Singh) and Jatin coming closer to each other.

According to the current track of the show, Jatin, Mona and all the kids are having their dinner together which is intolerable for Pradeep. Mona realizes that Jatin is good human being and she takes note of his caring attitude towards her. Jatin then proposes Mona for marriage, which makes Pradeep envious.

In the upcoming track of the show, the viewers will get to see that Pradeep will call Mona's parents in jealousy and tell them to come soon as his parents are forcing Mona to get married to someone else.

Tellybuzz got in touch with Pawan, aka Pradeep of the show, who said, "Yes, he will get jealous after seeing Mona and Jatin together. It's very natural for any man to react like this who will see his wife, girlfriend with any other man and Pradeep is also in the same state of mind. As a result, he is trying this way to stop it."

swethasyam08 thumbnail

Once-popular actors back on TV

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Jun 21, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read More:Mohnish Bahl|Manish Goel|Manav Gohil|Juhi Parmar|Anuj Saxena
Once-popular actors back on TV
Mouli Ganguly More Pics
It seems to be a year of 'comebacks' on the small screen. Popular actors, who had once made their mark on television and then disappeared, are making a return. It was probably actor Sakshi Tanwar who triggered the trend by re-appearing in the serial Bade Achche Lagte Hain almost three years after her popular show Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki came to an end. 

Following her foot steps now, is Narayani Shastri who had impressed the audience with her charming face as Rimjhim of Piya Ka Gharwhich ended in the year 2006. She is now a part of the new show Phir Subah Hogi. "I used to receive a lot of fan mails and calls urging me to make a come back. But I wanted to do something different from my earlier roles and hence was waiting for the right opportunity. My role in Phir Subah Hogi where I play a young girl's mother, gives me lot of scope to explore different facets of being a mother." says Narayani talking about her comeback.

Actor Mouli Ganguli who had shot to fame as Shaina in the thriller Kahin Kisi Roz in the past, too has made a comeback in the serial Kya Hua Tera Vaada that premiered in January this year. This time around the actor has shed her simpleton image unlike earlier and is enjoying playing a dark character instead. "As an actor, I always wanted to experiment. I am very happy the way my role is shaping up in Kya Hua Tera Vaada."

His good looks had made actor Manav Gohil the heartthrob of many, when he first made an appearance on the small screen in the serial Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo. Actor Manav Gohil who is set to make a comeback soon in an upcoming project says, "I always to play my age and didn't want to make any compromises on that part. The concept of this new show really excited me and so I went ahead with it."

But does roping in these popular faces attract more eyeballs? "The audience is already convinced of the acting skills of these actors and can relate to them better than anybody who they haven't seen before. Their established fan base also is happy to see their favourite stars back on screen which keeps them glued to the show and eventually increase the TRPs," says producer Hemal Thakkar. But according to producer Sudhir Sharma, known faces attract a lot of eyeballs, but only in the initial phases. "A known face also has to fit into the requirement of the character. But sometimes when that does not happen, then the actors return may not work in his favour." he says.

While their return has benefitted some actors, not all have been so lucky. For instance, actor Apoorva Agnihotri recently made a return to television with the show Aasmaan Se Aage, but the show is going off air in few weeks. Actor Mohnish Bahl who made a comeback with Kuch Toh Log Kahenge parted ways with the serial because of creative differences.

Actors who disappeared:
Urvashi Dholakia
Anuj Saxena
Manish Goel
Cezanne Khan
Juhi Parmar
Hussain Kuwajerwala

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI:I want to inspire women, says Mona Singh

Vaada|Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi|David Dhawan|3 idiots
Mona Singh won hearts as an ugly, yet confident duckling in " Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi", and now as a strong woman who battles her husband's infidelity in "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada", she wants to inspire women across the country.

"As an actor, I am here to inspire women in whatever way I can," Mona told IANS.

"There are many women who aren't treated well, whose husbands have extra-marital affairs and yet there are women who accept them back. But here I want to tell them to stand up for themselves and not be dependent on their husband for every decision and for money," she added.

In the show, the actress plays Mona, a happily married woman with three kids. Their family life is perfect until her husband goes back to his college sweetheart.

The current track of the Sony show features Mona who steps out of her life as a homemaker to make a mark for herself and be financially independent for the sake of her kids.

"A women has to be independent, she has to be working. She has to go out and meet new people," says the 31-year-old.

While Mona's husband is essayed by actor Pawan Shankar, actress Mouli Ganguly plays his love interest.

The show's track has been compared with that of David Dhawan's 1999 hit film "Biwi No.1". But Mona says it isn't completely so.

"To a certain extent I agree, because the man did have an extra-marital affair and there was infidelity, but that was a three-hour movie. However, this is a serial and it will last for one year or two years at least, so it cannot be based on a movie," Mona said.

In the time that Mona was away from small screen's fictional content, she was seen on the big screen in films like " 3 idiots" and "Utt Patangg". Her association with TV was only limited with reality shows "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4", "Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega 4" and "Shaadi 3 Crore Ki".

Just when everybody thought she had shifted to the big screen, she came back to TV.

To this, Mona says movies are just a bonus and her heart lies with the idiot box.

"I was never going to quit television. You'll never read a single interview of mine where I have said that 'Okay, this is it! I have done enough, of television and now I am quitting.' Quitting was never my idea," Mona said.

"I started from television, I belong here and I will continue to do this. Movies will happen whenever they are supposed to happen. Movies will be bonus for me, television is my everyday bread, butter and jam and everything," she added
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI - Will Mona remain single in Kya Huaa?

Things have turned 360 degrees around in Balaji Telefilms' Kya Huaa Tera Vaada on Sony TV.

With Mona ( Mona Singh) requesting Jatin ( Hiten Tejwani) to reject her, Pradeep ( Pawan Shankar) is surely a happy man. Sources inform that now Pammi (Delnaz) will bring Mona and Pradeep closer together. Says Pawan, "Pammi will see what's going on in mine and Mona's heart. She will show us the mirror and also point out the reality. She will also show me that my relationship with Anushka (Mauli Ganguly) is not working out. I also begin to realize my mistake. Already with Jatin's entry I was beginning to feel jealous".

But this leaves so many questions unanswered. Firstly, will Jatin re return on the show? Secondly, if Mona and Pradeep (who still have feelings for each other) come closer together, will Anushka exit from Pradeep's life? But the most important question of all, will Mona accept Pradeep back into her life?

Sources inform that the track has been left open and Jatin (Hiten Tejwani) could make a comeback on the show. Talking about his exit, Hiten Says, "As of now I've exited from the show because I know Mona is still in love with Pradeep but I respect her decision and will always be her friend. But you never know what happens next. It depends on what the audiences like".

Furthermore, in the end, when Mona and Pradeep finally realize their feelings for each other, Mona could retract. She will realize that she's happy being single and is not interested in Pradeep anymore.

Things will come full circle for her as she will be an independent, self made woman who finds her identity. When she finally gets the husband she lost, she will realize that she doesn't want him anymore.

Power to you Mona!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Will-Mona-remain-single-in-Kya-Huaa/articleshow/14503483.cms
Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail

There is no need for any more boldness: Pawan Shankar

Gayatri Deshmukh, TNN | Jun 30, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read More:Shabana Azmi|Pawan Shankar|Kya Hua Tera Vaada|Anupam Kher
There is no need for any more boldness: Pawan Shankar
Pawan Shankar
Actor Pawan Shankar's film Mr Bhatti On Chutti with Anupam Kher went unnoticed but he's still enjoying the attention that comes with his daily soap.

Pawan has done serials like Siddhant and Vicky Ki Taxi in the past, but he shot to fame withKya Hua Tera Vaada, in which he plays the role of Pradeep Singh who cheats on his wife. "The other characters I've played in serials were very strong and defined. Pradeep's character is absolutely spineless but then such men exist. Throughout the serial, we intend to discourage the infidelity," he says. Lately serials have been going bold. "But not us," Pawan says, adding, "The subject of the serial itself is very bold. There is no need for any more boldness. Besides, the attempt of getting bold failed for Bade Achhe Lagte Hain so there definitely won't be any such attempt for our show." 

When asked why his last film didn't fare too well, the actor doesn't mince words. "Wasn't it obvious? The film was shelved for too long and let's be honest - nobody likes a stale product," he says. Pawan is now looking forward to Anubhav Sinha's film Rajdhani Express where he is cast opposite Nandana Sen. He says, "The subject of the film is interesting and it has an ensemble cast. It was great working with the likes of Shabana Azmi, Kulbhushan Kharbanda and Anupam Kher." Pawan is quite clued into the Marathi film industry. He is all praise for Marathi actress Priya Bapat.

"She is very beautiful and an excellent singer. Once while we were travelling, she sang Lata Mangeshkar's Lag Jaa Gale. I loved it so much that I recorded the song. This was quite sometime back but I still have the recording with me," he says with a smile.
Will his fans ever see him in a Marathi flick? "I will definitely do one Marathi film before I die and I will dedicate it to Raj Thackeray. I really admire and appreciate what he has done for Maharashtrians," he says. That Pawan has a political connection is known as his father Shyam Krishna Pande is a politician in Allahabad. Does Pawan too harbour any political ambitions? "Of course. Politics remains my first love and passion. Acting follows next," he says. 

swethasyam08 thumbnail

Love makes you blind: Mouli Ganguly

Ano Patel, TNN | Jun 30, 2012, 03.50PM IST

Read More:YES|Pradeep Mouli|Pawan Shankar|Mona Singh|Kya Huaa Tera Vaada
Love makes you blind: Mouli Ganguly
Mouli Ganguly in the still of a TV show

All's not well between Pradeep ( Pawan Shankar) and Anushka (Mouli Ganguly). 

The news of Mona ( Mona Singh) marrying Jatin (Hiten Tejwani) has not gone down well with Pradeep, thus creating trouble in his relationship with Anushka. And although Mona and Jatin are not going to get married anymore, the crack has been created in the relationship of Pradeep and Anushka.

Well, problems and turbulences generally follow a love track on our small screen. About the equation between Anushka and Pradeep, Mouli says, "Love makes you blind. Anushka is blindfolded by the whole relationship. YES, she is a practical girl, a go-getter; but she is not negative. She put in everything and made an effort to make the relationship work. She took care of his kids, tried to gel in the family; but life has challenges in itself. There always comes a time when you have to test your relationship to know its strength." She adds, "Mona's marriage to Jatin has triggered problems between Anushka and Pradeep because he feels that if he has another relationship, its ok. But he cannot see his ex-wife with another man! For the audience, it's time to wait and watch what happens next."

Well, someone has truly said - love conquers all. The audience is sure set to go through an emotional ride.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Pregnancy confusion in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

SONY TV|Priya Chauhan (Taani)|Mona Singh|Kya Huaa Tera Vaada|Balaji telefilms

Pregnancy confusion in Kya Huaa!
Mona SinghMore Pics
There's confusion galore in Balaji Telefilms' Kya Huaa Tera Vaada on SONY TV.

In the upcoming episode (5th July), Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) will be in a state of shock when Mona ( Mona Singh) admits that she is carrying Vineet's (Darshan Pandya) baby. Meanwhile, Pradeep's father will yell at him and hold him responsible for everything that is happening.

Taani (Priya Chauhan) confides in Gia about her pregnancy and when she breaks the news to Madhav (Karam Rajpal), he completely denies it. This leaves her angry and she slaps Madhav. But to her utter dismay, Madhav will push her and she will get hit on the stomach and will collapse on the floor. Further ahead, during the sangeet ceremony, Pradeep will get a call from the hospital saying that Mona has been admitted and due to an accident, she has had a miscarriage.

Pradeep's expression turns from shock to utter disbelief as he stares at Mona who is standing right in front of him. Sources also inform that Mona fakes her pregnancy in order to save Taani and avert the family's wrath towards Taani.

When contacted, Priya Chauhan aka Taani said, "Yes there is some pregnancy confusion on the show but I cannot reveal more or else it will spoil the suspense".

swethasyam08 thumbnail

Mouli Ganguly, a shopaholic

Mouli Ganguly|Kya Hua Tera Vaada

Mouli Ganguly, a shopaholic
Mouli Ganguly More Pics
Apart from her never-ending shoots, actress Mouli Ganguly loves to devote her time to shopping.

The actress, who plays Anushka in Sony's Kya Hua Tera Vaada, recently got a rare chance to wind up her shoot early, and the only thing she could think of was shopping.

After satiating her shopping binge, she was overjoyed with a new pair of shoes as well as some handbags and accessories, a source said.
Magical_KaSh thumbnail
Popular bahus' on TV-TOI
Popular bahus' on TV
Jiaa Manek More Pics

Telly soaps are supposed to be primarily about women, for women and of women. But very rarely do you have female reel characters that have a larger than life appeal about them and who stay with you once the 20 minute episode has ended for the evening.

In the last two decades since satellite television changed entertainment viewing, there are only a handful of female stars who've marked their attendance and made a somewhat lasting impact on viewers, even after the shows have gone off air.

Barki (played by Seema Bhargava) of Hum Log: The typical girl next door who came from a middleclass family in Delhi and had to fight to eke out a living, even as she battled her ordinary looks and continued to shower affection on a family that depended heavily on her. Television's first official soap, that aired for a year and became a integral part of everyone's lives during its airtime making Seema, a talented theatre actress from Delhi a recognized face on TV in the mid 80s.

Rajni (played by Priya Tendulkar) of Rajni: As the female crusader of the 80s in the garb of a sharp-tongued homemaker who fights the corrupt system in her own way and settles matters, Priya Tendulkar lived Rajni's role and made her the first iconic screen character who had a huge fanbase outside the telly screens too. And to think, the role of Rajni had first been offered to Padmini Kolhapure who didn't want to try television after which it was given to Priya who breathed life into Rajni and made her a much loved face.

Priya Kapoor (played by Neena Gupta) of Saans: Neena, directed and produced the show that revolved around a married woman whose life gets thrown out of gear when her husband falls in love with a younger woman and dumps his family. The show revolves around Priya's quest for her own identity and coping with the trauma of being cheated. A heartwrenching performance by Neena without any OTT histronics, made the show a channel-topper during its stint on small screen.

Dr Simran Mathur (played by Niki Aneja) of Astitva -Ek Prem Katha: A beautiful gynaecologist falls in love with a much younger man and becomes a social pariah. Simran and Abhi (played by Varun Badola)'s marital life had its share of ups and downs, but what made her special to many was the way in which she lived it, on her own terms, even walking out of the relationship with her dignity and self-respect intact.

Shanti (played by Mandira Bedi) of Shanti: Another firebrand female crusader, Shanti was a young journo clad in modest churidar kameez with a mission in mind. To find the man who wronged her mother. Her star turn as Shanti made Mandira the first telly super star followed by a small role in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge,

Tulsi (played by Smriti Z Irani) of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi: A slim but spirited young girl who found herself becoming the centre of attention in the family she married, Tulsi was TV's first 'Mother India' kind of character, especially when she shot her errant son dead to save her daughter-in-law. In this show that ran for seven long years, Smriti was the one woman who pulled it off on her shoulders almost singlehandedly, so much so that even after she was temporarily replaced by Gautami Kapoor, the storyline had to be altered to bring her back in 2007, shortly after which the show breathed its last.

Hansa (played by Supriya Pathak Kapoor) of Khichdi, Instant Khichdi:Plump, bumbling housewives don't normally get to play female leads in a show. But Hansa who could barely say two sentences without making a fool of herself and giving her lack of fluency in English away, always brought a smile by her sheer presence.

Jassi (played by Mona Singh) of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin: The office ugly duckling who turned into a beautiful swan and had her own fairytale ending with the Prince Charming completely smitten with her, the bespectacled, Jassi with braces and oily hair tied in a messy ponytail was the first screen character who gave the K-soap divas, Tulsi, Parvati and Prerna a run for the TRPs.

Anandi (played by Avika Gor) of Balika Vadhu: Some 10 year olds get lucky. Avika Gor was one of them. She played the female lead in a show about child marriage that shocked the nation with its content and shot Colors into a TRP-topping high making it a strong number 2 channel. The child Anandi was funny, spunky, bubbly and even child-like at times.

Gopi Bahu (played by Giaa Manek) of Saath Nibhana Saathiya: Giaa might be shaking her leg in a dance show today and Saath Nibhana... might have aquired a new Gopi Bahu, but it was the petite (then) 19 year old Giaa, who gave the character her identity and following that she enjoys.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Popular-bahus-on-TV/articleshow/14525653.cms