||KHTV Article Archives||No Comments - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
TB: Pawan shankar prefers to be centre of Attention

Actor Pawan Shankar has his priorities set and says he accepts only those TV shows in which he gets to play central character.

pawan shankar

Actor Pawan Shankar has his priorities set and says he accepts only those TV shows in which he gets to play central character.

"I choose the shows where I am the centre of attention. I choose the show that way. If the show revolves around me, I take up the show. If the attention is not paid on me, it is very difficult to accept such roles. In between, I did two-three shows which I did not enjoy very quickly," Pawan told IANS.

He played a lawyer in "Siddhant", a taxi driver in "Vicky Ki Taxi", and currently he is seen in Sony's "Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada" as Pradeep who is involved in an extra-marital affair.

Pawan agrees that it has grey shades, but viewers think otherwise.

"People are still not considering it negative because they are thinking that man has an affair but he has a good heart and that's because of the circumstance and other women, he got carried away. I have moved to the grey role," he said.

Asked if the track of "Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada" is moving towards a predictable plot by showing an extra-marital affair, Pawan said the idea was always to show the extra-marital affair in the show.

"Well, it was always on extra-marital affair but the bonding between the couple had to be shown so that audience can feel the pain of seeing Pradeep and Mona separate. So, that was the theme," he said.

"We are trying to be different than other shows, we are trying to stay close to reality. My character made it official that he has a girlfriend, but in many families people do not make it official, but the situations and the circumstances are the same," he added.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/12179-pawan-shankar-prefers-to-be-centre-of-attention.htm
Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago

Small Screen apes big; creativity down the tube

Saturday, July 07, 2012 | 12:54:07 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    

Where has all the creativity gone, wonder television viewers who find that an increasing number of soaps have annoyingly familiar stories, taken from one Bollywood blockbuster or the other.

Where has all the creativity gone, wonder television viewers who find that an increasing number of soaps have annoyingly familiar stories, taken from one Bollywood blockbuster or the other.

From "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada" to "Hitler Didi", many serials are taking a cue from the movies, whipping up storylines and adding some small screen flavour to keep the track going for as long as possible.

The twists and turns in "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada" are akin to Salman Khan's "Biwi No. 1"; the latest track in "Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki" reminds viewers of the wife selling the husband in the Anil Kapoor-Sridevi starrer "Judaai".

If in the 1997 "Judaai" Sridevi sells her husband to Urmila Matondkar to become rich, in "Main Lakshmi...", the protagonist Lakshmi sells her husband Arjun to his ex-flame Soumya to bail her in-laws out from a financial crunch.

In Ekta Kapoor's "Kya Hua Tera Vaada" about an extra marital affair, Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) decides to move in with his ex-flame Anushka (Mouli Ganguly) and divorce his wife Mona (Mona Singh). The way Mona is handling the situation bears uncanny resemblance to how the wronged wife (Karisma Kapoor) reacted in "Biwi No. 1".

"As a writer, when we keep writing stories and there are times when it comes to a point 'now what?' Then producers and writers take the decision that such a story can be incorporated and we tend to experiment with the storyline," said writer Rajesh Joshi, who has penned shows like "Kyunki S", "Kkusum" and "Pavitra Rishta".

"Though it might prove to be a TRP safety measure to some extent, one isn't sure how prominent will it be. The success depends upon the popularity of the show and its characters and how we incorporate it (new storyline) in the script," he added.

Mona admitted that the story of "Kya Hua..." and ""Biwi No. 1"were similar but said the treatment was different.

"To a certain extent I agree because the man did have an extra-marital affair and there was infidelity (in the film). But that was a three-hour movie and it got over, but this is a serial and it will last for one or two years at least."

The story of Life Ok's show "Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?" is close to "Daraar", which starred Juhi Chawla, Arbaaz Khan and Rishi Kapoor. In the serial, Karanvir Bohra plays the over-possessive and violent husband, Harshad Chopra is the saviour and Sriti Jha is the distressed wife.

Zee TV's "Hitler Didi" recently wrapped up a track, which was loosely based on the film "Khosla Ka Ghosla", where the protagonist Indira's father sells the family home to a builder without telling his family. And how she fools the builder to get the house back. The serial has lots of incidents similar to the hit film.

The trailers of the forthcoming "Rab Se Sohna Isshq", to be aired on the same channel, shows a guy trying to reunite with his newly wed wife with her lover, pretty much like Ajay Devgn wooing Aishwarya Rai in "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam".

If that is not enough, news is that TV czarina Ekta Kapoor is planning to make a show based on Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol starrer blockbuster movie "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge".

She is even planning to bring the epic romance of "Jodhaa-Akbar" on the tube.

There is therefore no fixed time to end a show and to keep the story going, makers have to introduce new tracks, says director Ravindra Gautam.

"In a film, you tell a story in three hours and wrap it up, but in television shows you don't know for how long would the show go on? How many tracks can you incorporate?

"There are very few combinations when it comes to making a TV show. The volume of television is much more than films. There are times when the stories go out of stream and then you think of different tracks."

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12197-small-screen-apes-big-creativity-down-the-tube.htm

Remarriage tracks in prime time shows

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jul 8, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read more:Shashi Mittal|Navi Bhangu|Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha|Mona Singh|Byah Hamari Bahoo Ka|Bollywood|balika vadhu|amitabh bachchan|Aanjjan Srivastav
Remarriage tracks in primetime shows
A still from Balika Vadhu More Pics
Winds of change are blowing in Tellytown as actors get remarried.

Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee) is being encouraged by her dadisa to remarry in Balika Vadhu - Kacchi Umar ke Pakke Rishte as her husband Jagya gets married to Gauri, Megha Vyas' (Aakanksha Singh) father-in-law wants to get her remarried in the show Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha as she is a widow, Aarti Scindia (Kratika Sengar) of Punar Vivah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara got remarried as her in-laws were keen on seeing her settled after her divorce, in Amrit Manthan, Princess Amrit (Adaa Khan) gets married to Navi Bhangu who was earlier married to her youngster sister Nimrit, in Byah Hamari Bahoo Ka; Rajnibala Vaishnav's (Shrenu Parikh) in-laws looked for a suitable match for her — their own son Krish, but now there are news that her in-laws might get her remarried to some other guy soon, while in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada; Jatin (Hiten Tejwani) proposed to divorcee Mona Pradeep Singh ( Mona Singh) and she agreed to marry Jatin after her father-in-law encouraged her for the same.

The remarriage concept did gain attention in the Bollywood flick Babul where amitabh bachchan who played a father-in-law, was keen on getting his screen daughter-in-law Rani Mukerji remarried after his son dies. Why has remarriage suddenly become such a popular track on television? Producer and writer Shashi Mittal of Punar Vivah says, "It is about trying to bring social awareness through entertainment. Indian viewers connect with television in a strong way and most of them identify with these characters, so what they endorse in our shows gets accepted."

Prashant Bhatt, fiction head of a GEC says, "Remarriage in balika vadhu was always on the cards. The story needed to move forward. Today, both on and off screen, a daughter-in-law has a different equation with her in-laws. Elders have understood that a girl can't be a widow or divorcee and lead a single life forever. Indian families are changing, so are their mindsets. Television soaps are just reflecting the trend. The tracks shown on television are not just fictional, they take inspiration from people and situations around us."

Actor Aanjjan Srivastav who's playing a supportive dad-in-law who encourages his screen bahu to remarry in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha says, "Widow remarriages were not acceptable in the past, but now society is more open about this. If reel father-in-law talks about remarriages, it will create awareness. The coming years will see more changes in our family structure. As our society has become more progressive, so have TV shows."

So how are the audiences reacting to something that they haven't seen much in the past? "The audiences are lapping up the remarriage tracks. In that way, it's a welcome change," says Shashi. Agrees Prashant. "Audiences are accepting such new-age tracks in soaps and seem to be enjoying them ."

In the end, if pulp-entertainment can also bring in fresh thinking and garners TRPs, it becomes a double whammy for everyone!

TB: Mona Singh loves rain!
Thursday, July 12, 2012 | 5:59:58 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    

Actress Mona Singh loves everything about Mumbai's monsoon - be it driving around in her car or eating roadside goodies with a hot cup of tea!

mona singh

Actress Mona Singh loves everything about Mumbai's monsoon - be it driving around in her car or eating roadside goodies with a hot cup of tea!

Mona, who is seen on Sony's "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada", finds monsoon the most romantic weather. It compels her to go out on a long drive.

For gastronomic delights, she loves to gorge on bhelpuri and chaat, with 'cutting chai'.

Mona also feels the perfect way to spend a monsoon evening at home would be by watching either a horror movie or a romantic film like "Kuch Kuch Hota Hain", said a source.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12240-mona-singh-loves-rain.htm

TOI: The new Showstealers
Ano Patel, TNN | Jul 15, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read more:Madhubala|Avatar
The new showstealers
Samir Kochhar
Dramatic twists, heaps of tearjerking melodrama and lots of misunderstandings — 18 new entries in daily soaps are responsible for all that and more!

Storylines on the small screen have their share of twists and turns, but what really keeps the audience hooked to a show is the entry of a new character, which takes the show to a different level altogether. That probably explains why, have been as many as 18 'new' entries in daily soaps in recent times! Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav? catapulted to new highs (read better TRPs)

after the entry of hottie Harshad Chopra; Siddharth Shukla's entry in Balika Vadhu followed by a new love track helped the show reach the No. 2 slot (June 20 - July 3) on the TRP charts. Some recent new entries include Harshad Chopra and Neha Mehta in Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhav?, Neha Sargam in Punar Vivaah — Zindagi Milegi Dobara, Samir Kochhar and Deepti Shrikant in Bade Achhe Laggte Hain, Neha Jhulka and Rubina Dilaik in Saas Bina Sasural, Seema Deshmukh in Saath Nibahana Saathiya, Aamir Dalvi in Chhal — Sheh Aur Maat, Vrinda Dawda in Dil Dosti Dance, Mayank Gandhi in Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyaar Hum, Khalid Siddiqui and Prinal Oberoi in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Manish Naggdev in Madhubala — Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, Mohan Kapur in Amrit Manthan, Varun Kapoor in Humse Hai Life and Hiten Tejwani in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada.
While there is an intrigue factor with their emphatic entry sequences in the show, which gets it due dose of dramatic twists, actors seem to be finding the role play exciting. Actor Neha Sargam says, "I'm glad that I'm doing a role that is a departure from what I've essayed so far. She has a mind of her own and will fight for what she believes in. That's what attracted me to the role."

Actor Khalid Siddiqui says, "Na Bole Tum... is a popular show with a nice concept that's treated differently. The current track is interesting and I'm cutting in and making things more interesting."

So what do regular actors feel about the entry of another actor and stealing a little time of their show(s)? Actor Aishwarya Sakhuja says, "Divya's (Neha Jhulka) entry has brought about an interesting track. A story always has its ups and downs and Toasty has always lived with challenges." New entrants also help reduce the burden of lead actors at times. Actor Mouli Ganguly seconds the thought, " I'm very happy with Hiten's entry in the show. A new character can certainly help to hype things. But after that, it is always the story and whether people are happy with the track or not."
With new actors entering daily soaps and bringing new twists the audience is all set to witness interesting drama sequences on the tube.

Neha Sargam Demure Neha Sargam is the runaway bride in Punar Vivaah, a character meant to act as a catalyst to start off the romance between the lead couple!

Samir Kochhar Samir Kochhar makes his fiction debut on TV with Bade Achhe... as a savvy biz tycoon who is Sakshi's new love interest.

Harshad Chopra Harshad Chopra is Raghav, the docile Sia/Jhanvi's saviour and possible love interest in Dil Se Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhav?. That he might eventually end up as the main male lead is being popularly believed of late!

Rubina Dilaik Rubina Dilaik in a new, revamped Avatar with curly locks and a warm smile is Smiley, touted to be an important character in Saas Bina Sasural.

Siddharth Shukla Siddharth Shukla as the new man in the female protagonist Anandi's (in Balika Vadhu) life. His entry has upped the popularity quotient of the show. The zillion buck question: will he be the new male lead?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/The-new-showstealers/articleshow/14902913.cms

Anushka plots against Mona in Kya Huaa!!
Purva Desai, TNN | Jul 17, 2012, 12.43PM IST

Read more:Mona Singh|Kya Huaa Tera Vaada|Balaji telefilms
Sony TV.

Mona ( Mona Singh) has a mammoth task before her as she has to complete the order of making 1000 t-shirts which has been assigned to her. In tonight's episode, Mallika (Ekta Saraiya) gets to know that Anu's (Mauli Ganguly ) mother is helping Mona and feeds her against Mona. That's when Anu calls her mom and tells her that Mona is trying to woo Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) back.

Anushka goes a step further by calling one of the women at her mom's organization: Naari Shakti and they halt the production of the shirt orders. This leaves Mona shocked.
But Vineet (Darshan Pandya) steps in to save Mona and clarifies the air with Debashri (Anu's Mom) and convinces her that it was him who forced Mona to work for him and join the company against her wishes. Debashri promises her that although she can't call the women back, she will get them to the factory unit the next morning. This leaves Mona very happy!

The next day, the Nari Shakti women are back in full force and Pradeep is happy with the turn of events and proudly tells Anu that Mona has done it and the 1000 t-shirts are ready!
Pradeep realises that his excitement is too obvious and Anu feels betrayed by her mother. She calls Mallika and tells her that she cannot let Mona win. She further adds that the order cannot reach the warehouse and she has to stop Mona!

In the upcoming episodes, Mona along with Pammi, Suri, Vineet and the Nari Shakti women cheer as the tempo moves out of the gate. But a wicked Anushka watches all this with Mallika and the two women grin at each other in the car that is parked at a distance from Mona and team.

But all of Mona's hard work goes down the drain as she later learns that the tempo carrying the t-shirts has been hijacked and has yet not reached the client. Anushka and Mallika are extremely happy with their plan. Will Mona lose her job?

When contacted, both Pawan and Mauli remained unavailable for comment.

TV heartthrobs recall Rajesh Khanna

Purva Desai, TNN | Jul 18, 2012, 04.47PM IST

Read More:Rajesh Khanna|Pawan Shankar|Karan Tacker|Hiten Tejwani|Anas Rashid

TV heartthrobs recall Rajesh Khanna

Anas Rashid, Pawan Shankar, Karan Tacker and Hiten TejwaniMore Pics

They play main leads on the small screen and are the heartthrobs of many! TV actors Karan Tacker, Anas Rashid, Pawan Shankar andHiten Tejwani remember legendary actor Rajesh Khanna aka kaka on the day of his sad demise.

Karan Tacker, "Kaka was the epitome of romance. It's a day for all of us because it's a huge loss! He'll truly be missed".

Hiten Tejwani, "It's sad. A heartthrob, superstar is no more. He rightly said, Yeh duniya ek rangmanch hai aur hum sab katputli jiski dor uparwale ke hath mai hai, kab kaunsi dor katt jaye koi nahi janta. RIP Kaka".

Anas Rashid, "To begin with, he brought a revolution to Indian cinema. Before he became a superstar, the Kapoors ruled the roost. But as a common man, he changed that trait. He became a superstar. He had the destiny to be one and a superstar always lives on his own terms and conditions. I think he has managed to be one and I respect him. Before him, stardom and Indian cinema were unapproachable, but once he came along, he made it accessible. I have heard so many stories from my dad. He gave several back to back hits and he was a true super star for me. Aradhna and Anand are my favourite films. May his soul rest in peace".

Pawan Shankar, "Few people are immortal as they can never die. Rajesh Khanna was one of them. He will remain alive in the hearts of people and also in the history".

Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada completes 100 episodes!

TNN | Jul 20, 2012, 03.59PM IST
Read More:Sony Entertainment Television|Pawan Shankar|Mona Singh|Mauli Ganguly|Kya Huaa Tera Vaada
Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada completes 100 episodes!
Kya Huaa Tera VadaaMore Pics
Sony Entertainment Television's popular show Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada adds another feather to its cap by completing 100 episodes. 

The show starring Mona Singh, Pawan Shankarand Mauli Ganguly in the lead has been creating waves especially after the male protagonist leaves his wife for the other woman.

Kya Huaa Tera Vaada has always managed to spice up its story line and add sudden twists and turns to the plot. Now reaching the milestone of a completing 100 episodes (yesterday), the cast and crew were in a celebratory mood as they had a small cake cutting ceremony to celebrate the achievement!

Here's congratulating the entire team. Keep it up!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Kyaa-Hua-Tera-Vaada-completes-100-episodes/articleshow/15055598.cms

Jassi gave me all the recognition and fame: Mona Singh

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Jul 22, 2012, 05.49PM IST

Jassi gave me all the recognition and fame: Mona Singh
Mona Singh
Mona Singh who currently plays a housewife in Kya Hua Tera Vaada feels that playing jassi was a dream role.

We saw her in loose fitted clothes, braces and flicked hair, with thick framed glasses, few years back, so when we asked her, was it difficult to shed that image? She came with a pat reply. "Oh, not at all, the image of bespectacled Jassi gave me all the recognition and fame in this industry and made me what I am today. I would be more than happy if people still address me as Jassi. It was a dream role."

"Acting was something which I always wanted to do. I am following my dreams and when you pursue what you like, it's not any burden for you," says she.

We saw her last in 3 idiots, where she played Kareena Kapoor's expectant sister. So would we see her on big screen anytime, "If something interesting comes my way, I would love to do it. I'd love to play Mother India someday," she quips.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Jassi-gave-me-all-the-recognition-and-fame-Mona-Singh/articleshow/15093444.cms
Mona Singh loves rain!
Friday, July 13, 2012 | 5:54:50 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)  

mona singhActress Mona Singh loves everything about Mumbai's monsoon - be it driving around in her car or eating roadside goodies with a hot cup of tea!

Mona, who is seen on Sony's "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada", finds monsoon the most romantic weather. It compels her to go out on a long drive.

For gastronomic delights, she loves to gorge on bhelpuri and chaat, with 'cutting chai'.

Mona also feels the perfect way to spend a monsoon evening at home would be by watching either a horror movie or a romantic film like "Kuch Kuch Hota Hain", said a source.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12249-mona-singh-loves-rain.htm