Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Mona enjoys the upper hand in Kya Huaa!
Purva Desai, TNN | Jul 25, 2012, 02.33PM IST

Mona and Anushka are on a war path in Balaji Telefilms' Kya Huaa Tera Vaada.

In tonight's episode, as Mona ( Mona Singh) is basking in the glory of her success, she surprises everyone with her decision to move to the Colaba guest house that is provided to her by the company. She informs everyone that she will have full custody of the kids who are equally excited to shift out.

But Pradeep ( Pawan Shankar) is angered by Mona's decision and decides to fight for their kids' custody. Talking about his character at this point on the show, Pawan aka Pradeep says, "Pradeep realises internally that he is making a mistake and somewhere he feels rejected by Mona. He's a confused character who has gone through a major transformation. He realises he misses Mona and that he has made a huge mistake".

Meanwhile, Mona finds full support in Alok and Suhasi. Mona also seems to be enjoying the upper hand in office. As Bhatia withdraws his investments from the project, an argument ensues between Mona and Anushka ( Mauli Ganguly). Johnson is hell bent on results and tells the two that he wants results, whether with Mona's plan or Anushka's.

But things take an ugly turn of events when Anushka notices that her shoes are lying in a puddle. She screams at Mona and rushes towards them. As Mona tries to stop her, Anushka suddenly collapses on the floor. Mona realises that Anu is unwell and is trying to rush her to the hospital when she has a minor accident in the hospital's car park. She suddenly gets a call from a Mr Burman who yells at her for her carelessness. And co-incidentally, he turns out to be Vineet's (Darshan Pandya) father!

As Vineet comes to the scene of the accident, both he and Mona are shocked to see each other there.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Mona-enjoys-the-upper-hand-in-Kya-Huaa/articleshow/15140362.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail

Pawan Shankar the entrepreneur!

Purva Desai, TNN | Jul 26, 2012, 02.37PM IST

Read More:Pawan Shankar|Kya Huaa Tera Vada|Fashionista

Pawan Shankar the entrepreneur!
Pawan ShankarMore Pics
Many actors from the world of television are successful businessmen who invest their money wisely.

And one such name is Pawan Shankar aka Pradeep from Kya Huaa Tera Vada, who is an entrepreneur himself. Not many know that this talented actor has varied interests and being a successful businessman comes quite naturally to Pawan. Like his contemporary KaranVir Bohra, who recently launched his fashion line Pegasus, Pawan too has a venture called Fashionista that brings the best designer lifestyle products for people from all corners of India and even internationally!

So what defines his brand Fashionista? Says Pawan, "Fashionista's exhibitions provide the biggest shopping platform for today's lifestyle needs. My company has conducted exhibitions over 17 cities. We recently held exhibitions in Nashik, Rajkot, Jabalpur, Jamshedpur and Coimbatore and the response was phenomenal".

Way to go Pawan! What's next in line?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Pawan-Shankar-the-entrepreneur/articleshow/15161781.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail

KYA HUA TERA VAADA: Ekta Kapoor, Mona Singh, take a bow!

ASHA MAHADEVAN7.00 PM IST 07.26.2012
Tags:
Ekta Kapoor, Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada On Sony TV,Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Mona Singh, Mona Singh Kya Hua Tera Vaada
KYA HUA TERA VAADA: Ekta Kapoor, Mona Singh, take a bow!
Yogen Shah
Tweetcomments 0

The duo finally did what we've been waiting for since the show's launch in January

We are now big fans of Kya Hua Tera Vaada. If you had watched the last two episodes, you will agree with us. Mona Singh, the character, has finally grown a spine! Yes the lady has shown that she is a strong person who can face any kind of trouble with courage. And she doesn't need a man – even the handsome Vinith – to protect her.

This is what happened: Bhatia, a lecher, lures Mona to his hotel room to have his way with her. He accuses her of having slept her way through to her promotion. An angry Mona yells at him. When she finds the door locked and realises she is cornered, she takes her slipper and almost attacks him with it. "I am a Sikhni," she says. "Try to touch me and see what I will do." She manages to unlock the door and open it, only to find Vinith on the other side. He, and not Mona, is the one who slaps Bhatia, but the point has been made. Mona is one helluva capable woman. When she meets Pradeep later, she tells him she now has a job and identity of her own. "I am no longer only Mrs Pradeep Singh." There is nothing he can say to that.

Yes, the show still has several clichs, but it will be interesting to see how Ekta Kapoor and her team further develop Mona's character. Don't you think so?

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: Mona's voice dubbed

Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Aug 6, 2012, 11.33AM IST

Read More:Touch|Mona Singh|Kya Hua Tera Vaada

Mona's voice dubbed
Mona Singh
In Friday's episode of " Kya Hua Tera Vaada," if you thought Mona Singh's voice was not sounding right, you were right. The thin, melodious voice wasn't Mona's. 

The actor is down with a bad throat infection. Says Chloe Ferns, the creative head of the show, "Mona has been advised complete rest by the doctor. But we could not leave her as the story is completely centred around her at the moment. So we went ahead with the shoot, but her voice was so inaudible that we had to get it dubbed by someone else." But the audience wasn't fooled. Mona's voice — with the husky, Punjabi tone — was clearly missed. When TOI got in Touch with Mona, she messaged, "Can't talk right now as I am not well. My voice had to be dubbed for that show because it was not fit for telecast."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Monas-voice-dubbed/articleshow/15372446.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Pyumori Mehta & Bhuvan Chopra in Sony TV's next
Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Aug 7, 2012, 08.55PM IST

Read more:SONY TV|Shashi-Sumeet Mittal|Sargun Mehta|Rohit Khurana|Pyumori Mehta|Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon|Bhuvan Chopra|Abhishek Mallik

Pyumori Mehta & Bhuvan Chopra in Sony TV's next

Shashi-Sumeet Mittal the makers of the current hit shows like 'Diya Aur Baati Hum', 'Punar Vivah', 'Mein Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki' are all set to launch their new show on SONY TV.

TOI has been exclusively reporting about this upcoming show which is based on the popular fantasy tale of 'The Beauty and the Beast'.
After finalizing Sargun Mehta, Rohit Khurana, Abhishek Mallik as the leads, the production house has now roped in Pyumori Mehta and Bhuvan Chopra for the show.
Pyumori Mehta, who is currently seen in 'Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon' has been signed to play the role of the female lead Sargun Mehta's mother on the show. Her character will be a positive and typical Punjabi mother, who loves her daughter and is always concerned about her.

Furthermore, Bhuvan Chopra, who essays the role of Pawan Shankar's father in 'Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada' will play the role of Pyumori's husband on the show. '
When contacted, Pyumori Mehta said, "Yes, I am doing the project and I am very happy to be a part of this show. I worked with Shashi-Sumeet Mittal before in 'Punar Vivah' and they are really brilliant people to work with. I am really looking forward to the show."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Pyumori-Mehta-Bhuvan-Chopra-in-Sony-TVs-next/articleshow/15392179.cms

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: TV wedding and TRPs
Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Aug 10, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read more:under one roof|Subtle|Rishtoon Ke Bahwar Mein Uljhi Niyati|Rab Se Sohna Isshq|Pavitra Rishta|Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha|Madhubala — Ek Ishq Ek Junoon|Madhubala|Amrit Manthan

TV wedding and TRPs

How can there be a happily ever after on a soap? After all, the rifts, twists and misunderstandings fetch more TRPs! Showmakers are now coming up with shaadi mein twist formula to rake in more eyeballs.

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Amrit Manthan, Madhubala — Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, Rab Se Sohna Isshq, Pavitra Rishta, Rishtoon Ke Bahwar Mein Uljhi Niyati, Ruk Jaana Nahin, Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke, Pyar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, Kairee: Rishta Khatta Meetha, Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki, have tracks running with complicated twists.

When the sympathy factor associated with the tribulations of the protagonist lets the viewer relate to the show, the makers feel it's worth the effort. "Engagements and marriages are such occasions which get maximum eyeballs and Indian audience loves drama. Nothing can be better than creating complications during these important days," says director Ravindra Gautam.

Producer Sumeet Mittal, says, "Complications are present in real life successfully, you need to hook the audience, and that is why writers are bringing out the finer details of relationships — simple as well as complicated." Prashant Bhatt, fiction head of a GEC says, "The intensity of drama differs from real and reel life. Colors, cultures, expectations, emotions, all come under one roof during these occasions. Everyone wants to have the perfect moments, and both families that are involved make sure nothing goes wrong on such prestigious days. But with ego clashes sometimes situations change. TV shows are eye openers for those who are in love, but sacrifice their relationships for their families."

TV show makers always say that they take inspiration from real life for their shows, but does one have so many complications in real life as shown in the show? Producer Hemal Thakkar says, "Fiction has to make sense. We add more drama because a TV show is a progression of moods and feelings. Complicated relationships always make the story interesting and take it forward. The story has to be told in a way which makes the audience's desire to watch the soap, connect with it and follow it regularly." Actor Adaa Khan says, "Complications in relationships sell on TV as the viewer gets a momentary pause from their own problems and see extreme possibilities in a dramatic way."

Actor Pawan Shankar says, "Content on TV is more Subtle than reality. Real life is too complicated. There are so many issues that one can't show on screen. The canvas of life is far more varied and filled with more turns and twists."

As to how much these 'complicated' twists can impact viewers, only TRP ratings will tell.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Farida Dadi in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada!
Purva Desai, TNN Aug 21, 2012, 12.47PM IST

Tags:
  • Mona Singh|
  • Kyaa Huaa Tera Vaada|
  • Farida Dadi|
  • Darshan Pandya (Vineet)|
  • Balaji Telefilms'

With the hunt on for Vineet's (Darshan Pandya) bride in Balaji Telefilms' Kyaa Huaa Tera Vaada on Sony TV, there is one person who will ensure this happens.

And it's not Mona ( Mona Singh) although she has been extremely helpful and truly wishes Vineet settles down, as seen on last night's episode. Sources inform that the person in question is Farida Dadi who will make her entry on the show as Vineet's grandmother. Her aim is to see her grandson married and is on a mission to find a bride for him. Sources further inform that Farida Dadi's character will be that of a grandmother who is very unusual from the other dadis seen on TV. She will be modern in her outlook and thinking.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-08-21/tv/33302552_1_vineet-mona-singh-kya-huaa-tera-vaada

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work

Saturday, August 18, 2012 | 4:21:57 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Mumbai, Aug 18 (IANS) Delnaaz Paul has made a mark for herself on both the big as well as small screen, but the actress is still open to trying something new and innovative.

Delnaaz Paul has made a mark for herself on both the big as well as small screen, but the actress is still open to trying something new and innovative.

"I want to do new stuff which is innovative and is different from what I normally do. I am open to doing other television shows as well," Delnaaz, who is currently seen in Sony's "Kya Hua Tera Vaada", told IANS.

The actress reveals she is also open to doing reality shows, especially which involves dance and is eager to be a part of popular show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa".

"I have done a lot of dance reality shows, but I wish I was a part of "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". I have always been wanting to do it. I enjoy dance reality shows and I am always open to it," said Delnaaz, who was seen in dance-based shows like "Zara Nach Ke Dikha' and "Nach Baliye".

As far as her big screen career is concerned, Delnaaz has got the opportunity to work with the creme da la creme of Bollywood like Preity Zinta, Kareena Kapoor and Salman Khan but says Shah Rukh Khan holds a special place in her heart.

"The working experience with all of them was superb. There is a special place for Shah Rukh because I have done three films with him. The first one was 'Kal Ho Naa Ho', then 'Bhoothnath' and then a cameo in 'RA.One'. It feels good," she said.

"All of them are superstars in their own way. The working atmosphere is professional. It's a great feeling to work with them. I have worked with Rishiji (Kapoor), Dimpleji(Kapadia), Jaya Bachchanji, Preity Zinta, Kareena and Salman Khan.

"I think I am really blessed to have worked with these people. It's been a boon to work with such big stars and have a good rapport with them," she added.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12563-delnaaz-paul-wants-to-do-innovative-work.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Don't want to change my bubbly image: Delnaaz Irani
TNN | Sep 7, 2012, 07.28PM IST

Read more:Yes Boss|RA.One|Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum|Kal Ho Naa Ho|Delnaaz Irani

Don't want to change my bubbly image: Delnaaz Irani

She makes people laugh. Delnaaz Irani's cute and adorable image on screen has won her a huge fan following.

As an actor she would like to experiment with other genres, but not at the cost of her happy-go-lucky image.

"If the audience has put me in a bracket where I am bubbly, happy, positive and sweet looking, I am happy about it. Very few people fit into that bracket. Why would I want to change it," she asked while speaking to IANS.

Best remembered for her role as Sweetu in the film " Kal Ho Naa Ho", she worked in SAB TV's hit comedy show " Yes Boss" and currently she is seen in popular daily soap "Kya Hua Tera Vaada" on Sony.

The only thing the actress would like to change about herself is her weight and said: "I would just want to change my physical appearance because every day you are growing older and you don't want to have health problems. If you see me a few kilos down, it would only for health reasons."

Talking about her idols in Hindi cinema, she said that "very few actresses can do comedy" and she idealises "Srideviji, Archana Puran Singh and Juhi Chawala."

Comedy is not easy and Delnaaz is happy that it comes naturally to her.

"Comedy comes very easily to me. Acting is very natural for me. I am very spontaneous. On an impulse, I will have a reaction and it will be liked by the audience. I know it is a tough job to make people laugh. It's about your interaction with your co-actor. It's about how you react to the lines. It's a tough genre but for me it comes easily. Once the camera is rolling, it's an easy job for me," she said.

Every actor wants to be versatile, so does Delnaaz.

"As an actor I would like to do a lot of other stuff besides comedy. But I am happy to do comedy because my audiences like me like that. It's nice to know that people appreciate you. Very few actresses can do good comedy and if you are one of them, it feels great," she said.

Having done special appearances in films like " RA.One" and " Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum", Delnaaz has no hang-ups about the roles she plays.

"I am not very aspirational as far as career is concerned. When I get a call, I think more from the heart than the mind. I just want my experience to be good in everything that I do. You will only be able to do something if something is meant for you. Nothing is big or small," she said.