||KHTV Article Archives||No Comments - Page 9

Posted: 11 years ago
TOI: Ten Talising Faces of TV

Youve seen them all through the year and loved watching them saunter in your living rooms every evening.In Tellylands numerous outings in the year 2012 some faces took their shows to new TRP highs,grabbed eyeballs and in the process scaled their own popularity quotient

Mona Singh

Right from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi,Mona Singh has been go getter who pulled of the show on her own.Similar is her spell this time with Kya Huaa Tera Vaada where she plays the lead Mona.As supermom and wife Monas found a connect with the audiences.Now that three of her co-actors (Pawan Shanker,Mouli Ganguly and Darshan Pandya) have decided to call it quits,the dwindling storyline and the show rests on her broad shoulders (no pun intended ).

TOI: Sargun and Neelam to play grown-up Bulbul and Anika

By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Dec 10, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

READ MORE Tera|Fun.|Entertainment|Sony Entertainment Television|Rano
Sargun and Neelam to play grown-up Bulbul and Anika
Kya Hua Tera Vaada
Post the 10-year leap, 'Kya Huaa Tera Vaada' will see new faces playing Mona Singh and Anoushka Sarkar's grown-up daughters, Bulbul and Anika. While Mona's (Mona Singh) eldest daughter Bulbul will be played by Sargun Mehta, newbie Neelam Sivia will be seen as Anoushka's (Mouli Ganguly) daughter.
Siddhi Karwa and Yatin will play Rano andRajbir, Mona's younger children. Sargun says, "My character has different shades. I haven't done this kind of a role before. Bulbul is a modern girl, whose focus is on her career. I will be shown feeling bitter about my father, because he cheated on my mother. The storyline is very realistic and depicts relationships sensitively."
Neelam is also excited about her role. She says, "Anika is gorgeous and innocent. This is my first daily soap and I hope to have a lot of Fun. It would be a great learning experience." Watch Kya Huaa Tera Vaada as new characters are unveiled and new stories begin to unfold, starting tonight at 10 on Sony Entertainment Television.

TOI: Post leap, children take over in Kya Huaa!

TNN | Dec 10, 2012, 04.40 PM IST
READ MORE Tera|Entertainment
Post leap, children take over in Kya Huaa!
Sargun MehtaMore Pics

Every generation holds a story within itself, waiting to be told. As each era passes by, every generation must pass on this torch to the next so that their own story may be written in the sands of time. And it is no different with SonyEntertainment Television's Kya Huaa TeraVaada, which is poised to take a ten year leap.

Post the untimely death of her husband Pradeep (Pawan Shankar), Mona single-handedly raises her children. A pillar of strength and their only support system, she has never let the tragic event weaken her and mar the upbringing of her children. With the passing of time, even the lives of this shattered family has healed and moved on. Bulbul (Sargun Mehta), Mona's eldest daughter is now a charming young woman who is doing well for herself, working with an established news channel. Her siblings Rano (Siddi Karwa) and Rajbir (Yatin Mehta) are still pursuing their studies.

Bulbul eases out her mother's worries by being the responsible sister and taking care of them. She dotes on them and can do anything to see a smile on their face. Meanwhile, Anushka's daughter Anika (Neelam Sivia) who is similar in age to Bulbul is leading a life of her own and she's happily in love. But fate has a strange way of tossing lives back into the tempest.

Will the paths of this new generation cross? Will the past that Mona so dreaded haunt her and her children? Will Anika and Rano (it should be Bulbul) carry forward their family's enmity?

TB: Kya Huaa Tera Vaada takes a 10 year leap

Monday, December 10, 2012 | 12:19:14 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

The show will now see new faces with all new twists...

Sony TV's Kya Huaa Tera Vaada will witness a 10 year leap from the episode to be telecast tonight.
This leap with bring with itself many new faces as the children of Mona (Mona Jaswir Singh) and Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) now gain importance in the plot of the show. Also Anushka's (Mouli Ganguly) will be seen in the show.

Mona's daughter Bulbul will be played by actress Sargun Mehta who was last seen on Colors' Phulwa, while newcomers Siddi Karwa will play Rano and Rajbeer will be played by Yatin Mehta. Anushka's daughter Anika will be played by Neelam Sivia.

It will be seen that Bulbul grows up to be the responsible daughter, almost a reflection of her mother while Rano, the younger daughter is a spoilt child.

Anushka gets out of jail and still hates Mona as she feels she is responsible for Pradeep's death. Anika will promise her mother that she will help her destroying Mona. The leap will continue to show the fight between Mona and Anushka.

The promos of the leap are already on air. Do watch the show to see the all new twists in the show.

Reporter and Author: Nadia Malik

TOI: Looks matter the most in TV: Darshan Pandya

By Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Dec 14, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

READ MORE The River|The Clash|Tera|Mona Singh|Ekta Kapoor
Looks matter the most in TV: Darshan Pandya
Darshan Pandya

Looking dapper in the cool denims and hooded jacket, actor Darshan Pandya managed to turn quite a few heads as he struck poses at The RiverFront during his recent trip to Ahmedabad. The actor, who came into the limelight for hisimpressive performance in his debut TV show 'Aapki Antara' has been in the news for his recent endeavour in 'Kya Huaa Tera Vaada' where he played Vineet until recently. In town for a personal visit, Darshan says, "I have come here for few days as my parents and sister live here. I watched a film and enjoyed some lovely food in various restaurants in the city."

On work front, Darshan's role in Kya Huaa.., just came to an end. "I am glad my stint ended on a good note. I'd like to thank my colleagues and Ekta (Kapoor) who gave me such a good opportunity. It was a short, but beautiful journey. I enjoyed working with Mona (Singh). She is now a dear friend," says the actor. Quiz him about his equation withEkta Kapoor and he says, "I haven't had the chance to meet Ekta because of The Clash of timings of my shooting schedule. We are going to to meet next week."

On his acting itinerary, Darshan says, "I decide something and god has some other plans for me in store. I rather go with the flow." Darshan, who has done several off beat Gujarati plays in Mumbai, adds, "I want to do a Gujarati film. I am already in talks for a film with writer Rahul Patel. I'm happy with the way Kevi Rite Jaish makers were appreciated. I hope the Gujarati film industry undergoes changes and becomes popular like other regional film industries."

Quiz him on what matters the most on TV ' looks or talent and Darshan says only "looks matter the most. You have to look good as the audiences watch you everyday." Darshan feels, today "television lacks talent ' very few can act on TV. One hardly gets to see different expressions. Everyone in the industry only wants to make quick money and earn instant fame." He adds, "To sustain in TV, attitude, luck and hard work matter."

Darshan is quiet upset with the way the TV industry is functioning these days. "Today TV shows are only about characters. While making a show everyone wants everything instantly and that is where the quality suffers. Producers, writers to actors want things to done in a single take without worrying about quality. Whoever does things fast is considered the best in the industry."

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago

TB: Ekta wanted me to be 'cool mom' post leap: Mona Singh

Saturday, December 15, 2012 | 11:42:10 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)
An Ekta Kapoor TV show post a leap would typically age a mother by adding a few streaks of white hair, a pair of spectacles and a dash of conservative dressing. But she has broken her own mould by giving actress Mona Jaswir Singh a more

Mona Singh

An Ekta Kapoor TV show post a leap would typically age a mother by adding a few streaks of white hair, a pair of spectacles and a dash of conservative dressing. But she has broken her own mould by giving actress Mona Jaswir Singh a more contemporary and cool look in "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada", which has recently gone ahead by 10 years.

Before the leap, which set in just last week, Mona was seen in traditional suits and saris. Post leap, she is seen in kurtis and pants. It was a conscious decision by Ekta, says the actress, who plays a single, independent mother of three in the show.

"I asked Ekta about it - whether she would want me to wear saris in sober colours or what changes would be made to the look. But she said, 'I want you to look like today's mothers. They are much cooler.' So she wanted to bring in the change we are all seeing in our mothers and wanted to portray me as a cool mom," Mona told IANS over the phone amid a hectic shooting schedule for the show.

"Of course, she said we could add in the spectacles while my character reads or something, but in the overall get up, there isn't much dramatic change," she added.

"Kya Huaa Tera Vaada", aired on Sony, started as a simple family show, narrating the ups and downs of a middle class family in Mumbai. It took a crucial turn when the man of the house falls back upon a former flame, and trouble ensues for the family.

The story was pushed ahead by a decade after Mona's on screen husband Pradeep, played by Pawan Shankar, was shown dead. Now, her character is shown as a strong lady, who is happy running a restaurant and bringing up her three children, albeit not as a strict mother.

"I think mothers make great friends. Personally, my mother is my best friend and I share all my secrets with her. Moms are so amazing. I see a lot of children have started treating their moms like their friends. That is what we have tried to reflect through our show, and I hope lots of mothers imbibe this attitude too," Mona said.

She also hopes the show and its turns manage to inspire women in more than one way.

"Such serials are inspiring. It gives a message that no matter what happens, it is important to get a grip on life and get going," she said.

The show has worked wonders for Mona, who for years, was caught in the image trap of the geeky Jassi of "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin". Though she took up reality shows, both as a contestant and anchor, it is with "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada" that she has been able to set a new image.

TOI: Anika will help me evolve: Neelam Sivia
By Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Dec 15, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

Anika will help me evolve: Neelam Sivia
Neelam Sivia

Punjabi kudi Neelam Sivia, who has landed the coveted role of Anushka Sarkar's daughter, Anika, in Kya Hua Tera Vaada talks to CT about life, career and more... 

What is Anika like? 

Anika has many shades to her. She is an extremely glamorous girl who is based abroad, but she carries a lot of baggage. I won't say she's a grey character, but she has a lot of hatred in her for some people and there's always a reason behind it. 

Do you have anything in common with your character? 

Anika and I have a similar sense of style. But I don't connect with all the negativity in her, like all the jealousy and hatred. I'm much the opposite. 

Buzz is that the character is so negative that many actors refused the role before it came to you... 

I did not really think of it. My career has just begun and I'm trying to get into the drill. Eventually, Anika will change, but I love her. I'm getting to portray so many shades to a person. The character will help me evolve as an actor. 

Tell us about your early life... 

I was born and brought up in Copenhagen, Denmark, and I started modelling since I was 15. I had come to India during a vacation to meet my sister, who was working here. I stayed here for a month and went back home. But phir mera mann nahi lag raha tha, so I convinced my dad that I wanted to go and take up modelling in India. Initially, he was sceptical, but then he agreed. I came to India and started auditioning and then, Anika happened to me. 

Are you excited about your first soap? What is the reaction of your family? 

I'm totally excited, but nervous too. My parents back in Denmark are super excited to see me. 

What is your favourite pastime? 

I like watching crime thrillers on TV. My favourite actors are Karan Singh Grover and Mohit Raina. I like adventure sports, swimming and gymming. And I'm learning Kathak now.

TOI: Mouli and Mazher to act together again
By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Dec 14, 2012, 07.45 PM IST

Mouli and Mazher to act together again
Mazher Syed and Mouli Ganguly

They were seen together as sister and brother-in-law in Kaahin Kissii Roz almost eight years back. And now actress Mouli Ganguly, currently seen in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, is gearing up to act with her husband Mazher Syed all over again, but this time for a play. 

The play is titled Pritam Pyare Pappuji, which is remake of a superhit Gujarati play and also features Raakesh Bedi. Says she, 'It's an out-an-out feel-good comedy. I can't reveal the twist of play. I have done plays in the past and it requires lot of patience and practise as an actor. You are live in front of a large audience and there is no scope for errors. Plays give a different kind of high to an actor. It's fun to act with Mazher and Raakeshji." We couldn't agree more. 

TOI: TV baddies take their shows to new heights in 2012
By Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Dec 19, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
Prime time television's baddies comfortably flaunted their grey stripes and took their mean streak to newer TRP highs as they happily created trouble for the protagonists in 2012.

Abhaas Mehta: As Shyam Manohar Jha in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Abhaas Mehta was easily one of creepiest telly baddies ever! He was probably the only baddie who was given a dramatic entry in a show, saved the heroine from ruffians and addressed even his enemies with respect (Saale Sahab, Khushiji). Everytime he'd come on screen for a face off with Barun Sobti, the protagonist, Abhaas showed off his acting chops with finesse.

Kiran Karmarkar: Sometimes actors love to don a character that has negative shades, just to break the monotony of playing positive roles and doing something creatively more challenging. Kiran Karmarkar who was best known as the agyaakari beta Om in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, is currently topping the hate-list of audience as Tej Singh Bundela in Uttaran. He's mean, nasty, manipulative, greedy and lusts for money and women sending shivers down the audiences' spine.

Varun Badola: As Thakur Vikram Singh in Phir Subah Hogi, Varun Badola proves his versatility once again as an actor. He started off as a good guy and his role has metamorphosed from the love struckzamindar to a cold-blooded baddie who'll pull any strings required to win his love Sugni (Gulki Joshi). The versatile Varun merely smirks as he devises new plans to make the protagonists' lives miserable. He doesn't need verbose dialogues or eye lifts to drive home the point that he's pure evil.

Adaa khan: As a rich and spoilt young woman — Amrit (played by Adaa Khan) is very convincing as the vamp in Amrit Manthan. She could go to any lengths to get her sister (Nimrit) out of her way even to the extent of planning the almost perfect murder. So overpowering is her screen presence that Adaa totally steals the thunder from her other co-actors as she shows off her grey shades.

Ashish Sharma: He knows the art of playing grey character in a smart way despite the fact that this is his first show where he plays baddie as Ranbeer in Rab Se Sona Ishq. As the childhood sweetheart of Sahiba (Ekta Kaul), Ranbeer acts selfish right from the time he runs away to London on his wedding day. And currently, he is making it tougher for her because he doesn't want to lose Sahiba to Daljeet (Kanan Malhotra). In his newly acquired shade of grey, Ashish seems to be making quite an impact.

Mouli Ganguly: Mouli Ganguly convincingly portrays a character with negative shades as an old flame, Anushka Sarkar seduces Pradeep (Pawan Shanker) and makes him give up on his marriage in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada. She did her best to make life miserable for the good bahu and wife Mona ( Mona Singh), shots the protagonist accidentally. Undoubtedly, Mouli took the role of vamp to a level of perfection — she's sexy, stylish and the sort of bad girl every one's wary of Her charming smile is deceptive. She's plain mean through and through.

Karanvir Bohra: Whosoever said a daily soap is only full of female antagonists hasn't seen,Karanvir Bohra in action. As Viraj in Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav?, he redefined the rules of how to play the small screen baddie. As the sadistic husband who delighted in making his wife shed copious tears, Karanvir carried the show on his shoulder despite the presence of a star like Harshad Chopra. It's a pity however to see the loathsome Viraj suddenly has a change of heart as he's metamorphose into a good guy overnight. We're hoping it's a temporary phase, since we want the baddie back!

Seema Mishra: A relative newcomer in the grey hued world inhabited by the reel bad guys and gals of TV, Seema Mishra shines as Deepali in Madhubala — Ek Ishq Ek Junoon. She's well turned out, mean, manipulative and can smirk at the camera which makes her an instant hit with her audience.

Hema Singh: She marked the return of the manipulative reel MIL as Imarti Devi (Hema Singh) in Kairi... Rishta Khatta Meetha. Every young bahu would hate to have a saas like her who survives on taunts, verbal abuses and only thinks of ways to create unhappiness for her sons' wives.
TOI: Hiten Tejwani re-enters Kya Huaa Tera Vaada!
By Purva Desai, TNN | Dec 20, 2012, 12.33 PM IST

Hiten Tejwani re-enters Kya Huaa Tera Vaada!
Hiten Tejwani

With the leap in Balaji Telefilms' Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, characters are being re introduced in a bid to boost the story and take it to new heights.

As Mona settles in with her three grown up children, an old friend is set to return. After Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) and Vineet's (Darshan Pandya) exit, Jatin ( Hiten Tejwani) makes his entry for a second time on the show.

If viewers are aware, Hiten was introduced to Mona by her in laws in an attempt to set the two up, after Pradeep leaves her for Anushka (Mauli Ganguly).

In spite of Jatin's efforts, Mona refuses his marriage proposal and they part ways. Now with his re entry on the show, a lot of questions are being raised. The real intention of bringing back Hiten on the show, though obvious in some ways, remains to be seen.

Sources inform that shooting for the same has begun and Hiten makes his appearance on the show tonight.

Confirms Hiten, "A lot of twists and turns are expected. You never know what happens in a daily".