First week highs and lows?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
so we have finished a week of KHTV and I must say a pretty great start especially for a BT show, I swear if I hadnt known prior to watching the show that it was an Ekta show I would have never believed it was. BT and Ekta are on a roll this year lets hope they stay that way๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

The High's

- Mona and Pradeep- usually I don't warm up to characters instantly but the second Mona came on screen and lightly scolded Pradeep for dreaming, I just fell in love with her. Her character is brilliantly written and also enacted by Mona, I must say BT's trend of picking the perfect actor for their character continues. I love how understanding, compassionate and simple she is. Compared to past BT leads I can definitely say that after Priya from BALH, Mona is my fave just because her character is very relatable to the audience the show is catering to๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I just hope they don't butcher her as "sati savitri" as the show goes on๐Ÿคข. As for Pradeep, I love how goofy and adorable he is, the perfect character foil to Mona, and I love how he isn't that jhoru ka gulaam as his friends make him out to be and that he understands the importance of his wife and family.

These two are not perfect in any way but together they are perfection. I also appreciate BT for NOT going their conventional way and making them the "ideal" couple with everything about them being perfect and them goody two shoes about everything. The fact that Pradeep smokes and the fact that Mona didn't create a hullabaloo with the boss's son engagement thing just shows how different these two are from other BT leads๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ their imperfections make them more intriguing and I am looking forward to see more of their relationship

The kids- we haven't seen much of them but I like how they haven't made the kids like in other shows where they're on borderline annoying with their childishness. My favorite is Rajbeer, the kid is SO cute๐Ÿ˜ณ and like I said in another thread his chemistry with Mona is just so adorable. The two daughters are good too but as someone mentioned before the older one does NOT look 9 at all๐Ÿ˜• but whatever the girl is cute and lets hope we see character development in the kids too rather than making them spoiled brats

Pradeep's mom- we've only seen her once but I just love the relationship she shares with Mona, not the typical saas-bahu interaction we expect in desi shows๐Ÿ˜†, it's a refreshing change and I'm glad they havent made her to be a caricature of the good hearted yet dopey saas๐Ÿ˜†  I hope to see more of her later on

-The pacing- usually TV shows (especially BT shows) have a tendency to drag their stories out like no tomorrow and I was half expecting this show to be the same as BALH in the beginning but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much the story has unfolded and only in 5 episodes. I hope future tracks are kept this way as well, this show I've noticed is more character driven rather than plot driven and its a great thing to see especially from BT

The lows

-Kukrejha
- couldnt stand this guy in PKYEK and cant stand him here either๐Ÿ˜ก but I like how they made Pradeep his boss๐Ÿ˜† that was hysterical, I hope he doesnt turn out to be the typical "I'm gonna make your life hell" type villain

-Niharika drama- I knew right from the terrace scene between Mona-Niharika that whoever Niharika's fiance is, is going to be trouble...I almost expected to see Kukrejha on that photo๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† but then they showed the boss's son and I was like "AHA". Anyways so far they've managed that drama wonderfully, again without going the unconventional BT way and I hope they bring a good conclusion to that track and by the looks๐Ÿ˜Š

anyways that's all I could think of, any thoughts on this๐Ÿ˜ณ feel free to share yours
Edited by Tani91 - 12 years ago
awesome and superb analysis Tani! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

i second u and exactly same i too feel about the first week episodes. 

just loved the way they introduced Mona in the show. and loving to see her on screen again after JJKN. ๐Ÿ˜ the way her character was shaped is just superb as a understanding and caring wife, mom, DIL and a good friend. in total very good woman by heart. 

Pradeep's character was also neatly and carefully shaped as a smoker, a bit under-confident  person with few -ve things in him. ๐Ÿ‘

the kids especially the small one he is so very cute. i don't know why they changed the middle kid Rano from second episode. ๐Ÿ˜’

the elder one would have been better if taken a younger girl as she is elder than what she is portraying. 

Apara ji's character was also too good though saw her for one episode but the bond btw the MIL n DIL was just awesome. loved their bonding and caring for each other.

the bond btw the friends Mona n Niharika was shown very well too.

still need to know more about Suri n Pummy. but seems they are supportive too but didn't yet come to a decision.

Kukreja's character was irritating but good to see him now under Pradeep.

Pradeep's boss proved to be a real business man after that engagement scene. hope he won't trouble Pradeep here after. but it will be too early to talk now more. hope we will get more clear picture of the show in next week. 
^agreed...I like that Mona is very very real...she isnt like Tulsi/Parvati/Prerna who are the epitome of good and what not, she is balanced and she is human after all

yeah the whole boss ka drama thing was unfolded quite well and I am SO glad that they didnt make Pradeep defend his boss after the whole conversation, I almost expected Pradeep to defend his boss in front of Mona for promoting him, lets see how this track unfolds

yeah I also loved how they shoed Niharika and Mona's friendship and can I also mention how funny that Beeji honeymoon scene was๐Ÿคฃ
Originally posted by Tani91

^agreed...I like that Mona is very very real...she isnt like Tulsi/Parvati/Prerna who are the epitome of good and what not, she is balanced and she is human after all

yeah the whole boss ka drama thing was unfolded quite well and I am SO glad that they didnt make Pradeep defend his boss after the whole conversation, I almost expected Pradeep to defend his boss in front of Mona for promoting him, lets see how this track unfolds

yeah I also loved how they shoed Niharika and Mona's friendship and can I also mention how funny that Beeji honeymoon scene was๐Ÿคฃ

@Bold: ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

i took the screen shots of the entire scene of that and while doing that i was literally ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

that was really funny. bitto n beeji were ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

and poor Mona n Niharika were ๐Ÿ˜ฒ they were scared of seeing both. ๐Ÿ˜†
Nice Analysis for the week.
I enjoyed Mona the most she just  lights up the screen

Her interaction with her MIL and her mom was really sweet.

Her main concern always was happiness for a family and  at the end of the day keeping the family together and teh vaada she and pradeep share.
Ups and downs is what this relastionship wants to weave through being a middle class family and a women married for 10 years and how priorites change  from just being with husband to husband with 3 kids so the bourdary of imprtance take precidece and somewhere one needs to balance it but looks like Mona will be engrossed in the kids a lot which the show wants to show and pradeep also trying to mke ends meet to give teh best for teh kids

So how ths couple cope with it is what tehy showed in small portions in teh first week

I would have liked if Pradeep has  told about the presentation was  quite a bit of his work  , at needed point one needs to speak up as it is required for him and his family to get the promotion,

But now it will fall in his plate due to Niharika's pblm with bosses son , but will have to see what happens Monday

Nice week Ekta is giving some focus to reallistic touch to life I hope it stays consistant

The kids as I thought the older one seems  older for 9 year old , maybe as teh story moved will know if she is 9 or older
dude that would've made me fall (seeing kukreja as niharika's lover-boy)   when i saw him on the phone + at the event i was like what are u thinking.. EWW!!! but hey, everyone has their choice..lol

high: how they didn't stretch it.. u no after the party and pradeep goes balistic on mona. they didn't stretch it like a typical balaji think.. nor when pradeep attempts-to-flirt with the bar girl... mona-pradeep nok jhok was sweet and simple...  

ow: Kukreja.. dude apni kaun itni tareef karta hai! 
he was in pkyek? wow, then  i did miss a lot!lol  

edit: o i remember him... ya thats when i stopped watching..lol
Edited by brainychild92 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by shanti05

Nice Analysis for the week.
I enjoyed Mona the most she just  lights up the screen

Her interaction with her MIL and her mom was really sweet.

Her main concern always was happiness for a family and  at the end of the day keeping the family together and teh vaada she and pradeep share.
Ups and downs is what this relastionship wants to weave through being a middle class family and a women married for 10 years and how priorites change  from just being with husband to husband with 3 kids so the bourdary of imprtance take precidece and somewhere one needs to balance it but looks like Mona will be engrossed in the kids a lot which the show wants to show and pradeep also trying to mke ends meet to give teh best for teh kids

So how ths couple cope with it is what tehy showed in small portions in teh first week

I would have liked if Pradeep has  told about the presentation was  quite a bit of his work  , at needed point one needs to speak up as it is required for him and his family to get the promotion,

But now it will fall in his plate due to Niharika's pblm with bosses son , but will have to see what happens Monday

Nice week Ekta is giving some focus to reallistic touch to life I hope it stays consistant

The kids as I thought the older one seems  older for 9 year old , maybe as teh story moved will know if she is 9 or older

agreed...I love how they have made the show as realistic as possible๐Ÿ‘

I agree with you about Pradeep coming clean to his boss, but I guess they had  to pave the way for the whole his son getting engaged to someone else drama so maybe thats why? But it also shows an insight into Pradeep's character that he is somewhat of a coward when it comes to authority

Originally posted by brainychild92

dude that would've made me fall (seeing kukreja as niharika's lover-boy)   when i saw him on the phone + at the event i was like what are u thinking.. EWW!!! but hey, everyone has their choice..lol

high: how they didn't stretch it.. u no after the party and pradeep goes balistic on mona. they didn't stretch it like a typical balaji think.. nor when pradeep attempts-to-flirt with the bar girl... mona-pradeep nok jhok was sweet and simple...  

ow: Kukreja.. dude apni kaun itni tareef karta hai! 
he was in pkyek? wow, then  i did miss a lot!lol  

edit: o i remember him... ya thats when i stopped watching..lol
hahaha I almost was like "Its Kukrejha, Its Kukrejha and then it was the other guy and I was Still like this guy is still trouble๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

I swear Kukrejha gets on my nerves...even in PKYEK he was such a whiny loser๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ก