DOTW: 6th Feb - MIL, Kids & Friends

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Discussion of the Week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

I'm Swetha. I'm here with Discussion of the Week for 6th Feb to 12th Feb, 2012.😊

As we know the show is new and yet lots much to come for us to discuss. This week I'm here to know ur views on the following topics based on the last week's episodes.

We got to know from Mona's MIL that her co sister is a working woman and her MIL will take care of the house and the kids too.

Here are my questions

1. Is it correct to leave the kids with elders? I mean they deserve rest at that age.
  2. If u were to work, and also look after to ur kid, and u don't want to trouble ur elders too who are not in a position to look after ur kids, how will u handle the situation? Will u quit the job? Or will u take a Work From Home option? Or will u leave ur kid in a care center?
  3. Along with kid, if u were to take care of ur MIL too what will be ur take? How will u handle this situation?
  4. Can ur MIL become ur mom?
  5. What will be ur reaction if ur housemaid fails to come without informing?
  6. How will u handle with boss like Kukreja? πŸ˜†
  7. Ur views on Suri n Pummy? Is Suri a good friend, supportive etc.?

I hope I didn't confuse u with my questions. 😳

I know there are many questions in one post but as we don't have any one strong point to discuss so thought of adding few more. so that we have plenty of time to discuss for the whole week 😳

I'm hoping a positive and healthy discussion here. no bashing please. all are free to give their Point of Views. Have a happy Week a head. 😊

Edited by vss08 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
77 views and no reply??? and so is with GOTW thread too.  😲

are the topics that very boring πŸ˜”

i thought will comment after few members comments. but... none has replied or posted their views. need not discuss on all topics at once. u can discuss on any of the above points ri8 😳 

hope will get to see this thread active with atleast few comments πŸ˜›
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice topic for discussion

I have answered.😊
Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Is it correct to leave the kids with elders? I mean they deserve rest at that age.

Elders must deserve rest at this age, but with the helper they can manage the house, I don't think it is too difficult to take care of one or two children, and if  kids are school going , then the things are much easier. One more thing to mention here is elderly people are experienced, so they solve problems calmly, where as i have seen some young mom being hyper at the time of the crisis.

If u were to work, and also look after to ur kid, and u don't want to trouble ur elders too who are not in a position to look after ur kids, how will u handle the situation? Will u quit the job? Or will u take a Work From Home option? Or will u leave ur kid in a care center?

I'll choose work from home option, but neither i left my child in the hand of care taker as no one to keep vigil on them nor in day care center

Along with kid, if u were to take care of ur MIL too what will be ur take? How will u handle this situation?

Hmmm, itn't this situation is like taking care of more than one children at a time, because elderly people do behave like children specially when they are not well. No doubt the situation is tricky, one has to balance the situation, with the help of maids, hubby, neighbours, relatives.

Can ur MIL become ur mom?

What is criteria to be a mom, I'll behave in same manner in which manner i'm behaving with my mother, i'll respect her, love her , take care of her, go out with her, give her company and i'll be diagree with her in a same manner i used to be with my mom. Personality and nature of every human being is different, she may not be same as my mother, but i'm going to be the same person what i'm. so in this context, my MIL certainly be my mom.😊

What will be ur reaction if ur housemaid fails to come without informing?

Nightmare turns into reality πŸ˜†, I'll be handicapped for that day and my shedule surely upsets

How will u handle with boss like Kukreja? πŸ˜†

Ur views on Suri n Pummy? Is Suri a good friend, supportive etc.?
No idea, i haven't watched all the episode😳

Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Fragrance--

Nice topic for discussion

I have answered.😊

hi good to see ur views. and i second u in all the points. nightmare πŸ˜† def. it is if the maid isn't there. πŸ˜•
kavyasam thumbnail
res

great questions btw. :)

Is it correct to leave the kids with elders? I mean they deserve rest at that age.

They certainly deserve rest,  after going through all the life's hassles one needs a peace and quiet time in the later years.  However it is out of majboori that some couple have to leave the kids with elders.   Sometimes both husband and wife have to work to meet the ends and they wouldnot be able to afford day care or they may not trust their kids in a stranger's hands, then their elders are the reliable and trustworthy people whom they can depend on.   and the plus point the little kids get to experience the timeless wisdom/values the elders can instill in them.   That is only if the elders are capable of it, or else it is best to choose an alternative.

If u were to work, and also look after to ur kid, and u don't want to trouble ur elders too who are not in a position to look after ur kids, how will u handle the situation? Will u quit the job? Or will u take a Work From Home option? Or will u leave ur kid in a care center?
If there is a work from home option then I would take that.   If not then I would find a reliable day care center where the kid will be able to learn not only social skills but also to live independently,  if that doesnt work out then I would quit the job until the little one starts going to school.  I did the last two since there was no option of work from home for me.

Along with kid, if u were to take care of ur MIL too what will be ur take? How will u handle this situation?

I would love to do that.  Yes the elders need to be taken care of when it is their turn.  It is not a responsibility or an obligation but it is for one's own conscience and sense of how do you say,  apnapan.   
No but she can be like our mom if a mutual understanding is established.   Recently I was restricted to minimum activity for a week, and my MIL made sure I get enough rest and ate on time and didnot let me do any work, just like how my mum would have done.

πŸ˜† I would panic first then the multitasking skills of a woman, which are there by default, kicks in.  and the bai would get an earful, if the reason is not very genuine to skip work) ,  which m sure will be a waste of time.   

How will u handle with boss like Kukreja? πŸ˜† 

This I can answer after watching the rest of the episodes, I have seen only the first one.

Will answer after watching the epis.

Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nice post dear here is my share of answers

Partly I would say yes , incase you are a working couple, they are the ones who can protect your kids after yourself. Leaving them with a nanny means a lot of trust on them and your heart should accept it as that needs the biggest assurance, but grandparents are basically your own parents and what more than apney ki Chatrachaya, And the other part do they deserve at that age depends on teh duration, I personally feel a working mother should  do minimum work interms of doing a part time job or do something which you can give just n number of hours and teh remaining should be your caretaking which leaves teh grand parents at ease and rest. Also somtimes its good to compensate their hard work(grand parents) by giving them some beautiful surprises and relaxation therpy 😊

I would love to do work from home option , Flexibility should be there when you are given an opportunity to work , this will be when the child is infant, as they start growing and they are at an age where they can either be left with extended care in school or a day care center would go ahead with that.. Grandparents are always drawn to being with their grand kids but IF and only IF they are not in a position to look after them otherwise I know grandparents love to get that time with the grandkids and if age is a factor  then  somewhere still they always feel teh closeness😊

Would love it take care, If u have a good rappo with her its more the merrier...😊

Mother in law  is like a mother afterall if you are treated as the daughter of the house in your sasuraal then she will be  also showing the same love as your mom... A MIL is nice when you are in her good books and even if she dislikes you somewhere, DIL's always try to spread happiness  in most cases so she will take care of it😊

Well Like Mona Chal Bhai Shuru ho jaoo, now a days maids are of high demands and sometime due to circumstances they fail to come magar if it repeats take action otherwise one or two days adjust kar lethei hai πŸ˜‰

How will u handle with boss like Kukreja? LOL
I will tell Boss Toda Dhyaan say Dekho  and tell me who made the presentation  and teh specfication, I am sure he will not have an answer and doodh ka doodh aur pani ka pani ho jayega !!πŸ˜†

Suri is a good friend but he tends to mislead Pradeep at times, Hope he is mostly for his favour and not deviate from his friendly advises..πŸ˜†

Pammy MOna should be her adviser to stop eating nahi tho she will be Ram kapoors clone very soon !!
πŸ˜†

I hope I gave my set  of answers 😊

Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail
loved ur views Shanti. thanks for sharing πŸ˜³