Being married for a decade ..

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Or at the most 5 years...

Many a times people go through a lot when they are married for a good duration and can know their spouses extremely well in all aspects, I guess this is the norm of  a married life.

Incase of Mona and Pradeep the duration of marriage is a decade and with kids and responsibilities no room for individual attention between the spouses but to bring that need is quite important otherwise with all the bundles of joy one carries in terms of children during that journey , one does to tend apart.

I donno if many members here are married for that long or seen families that way , but the show caters to such families and the way the spouse make room for themselves is what we are made to see.

Do share your thoughts!
Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lovely post Shanti!

its been 4 yrs since i'm married. and i agree with u that as time passes we get to know what our spouse think or vice versa.

its like 2 humans and one soul. i think i can say that. though there will be few differences and but still it will be a wonderful journey. 

reg. kids i don't have idea yet. but i saw my mom and dad and i know their thoughts change according to the situation. i have seen them compromising for us and they get to know each other well. 

couples views may differ but their final point will be the same. don't know exact things but they say in hindi something like : Sochne ka tareeka alag hai par matlab ek hi hai

i'm not good at hindi but that saying is correct and it proves in my point. 😊
kavyasam thumbnail
Well said Shanti.  couples need to take some  time apart for themselves.  apart from all the hustle bustle of a busy life a few minutes of togetherness without anyone else is very essential.  btw m married for 9 yrs now. :).    Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Shanti, I have been married for close to16 years with 2 wonderful daughters. From my experience the initial phase os marriage before kids are born, is the time when spouses come close to each other and try to understand each other. That time period is very crucial to become soul mate because once kids are there, it gets harder to find that me-time. And we have to no matter what find that me-time with spouse. We have to remain connected to our spouse and for that you do not have to always talk, sometimes even being together and silent helps a lot.
As 2 different human beings, there are going to be difference in views, opinions and this difference brings couple closer and then as time passes you know in and out of your spouse. As somebody wrote earlier - "bhale raaste alag alag hon par manzil ek hi hai". The goal of a couple is same regardless of what path they chose.Edited by anjubala - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
For me I sail in the same boat as Mona, I can so relate to what she is doing, and know my husband pretty well , all the minor things,  and drifting apart happens unknowingly, but yes those moments which  we wish to share comes up now and then its very much needed,  when we think the way time flimes  and the days go by so fast, the saying of time and tide waits for none happens with the spouses also, with kids growing up  and their intellectual property strengthening we have to give adverse time to them and  team to loose the touch

A good way is to give ourselves the occasional breaks and mend the ends which have loosened between the spouses

The end of the day  cherishing that moment counts for teh n number of times next such time occurs
rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
lovely post shanti di...though i cant say much on this as i am happily single..😃
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely post Shanti..to each his own. There is no right or wrong way of marriage . One thing that is vital for any marriage...is one needs to keep working on it. One can never take / or should take the spouse for granted.

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely post👍🏼

Although I am not married yet I do relate to the show in many aspects by looking at my parents, lol my parents are like my real life Mona-Pradeep😳

Monday's episode for example was an amazing one to show the bond that these two share. The way Pradeep handled the boss drama and the way they positively looked forward to handling their family, it's a great way to showcase the understanding these two have
Edited by Tani91 - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Being married for a decade phew time flies and when I think about the way one goes through with where the priorities lies yes they change big time and to collect all the pieces and bring in some moments to cherish is a good approach and its not easy but do able when the spouses can keep aside those moments which gives happiness

For Mona she  has it in some corner but binging it infront  will take a while when ups and downs are infront and then with other norms of life to make it for her and Pradeep will be the way the show travels through.
prepal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have been married for 18 years and before that we courted for four years. I can assure you that inspite of many disagreements we have continued to love each other more and more each day. Now it has come to stage where being apart for even a day is painful. And yes we can read each other's minds :) 
And as for getting bored with life, time just flies. Both of us can recollect each event in our lives clearly. It was just yesterday that we giggled our way through the engagement ceremony, or set up our home far away from our home town among strangers and strange culture, had our now 17 year old daughter, watched her grow, shared our dreams for her...We both know that when she goes out to find her own life we will still have each other to share and do the things that we love.