Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meenakshi_munja thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
cn ne1 tel me hw to make cake-ne type remembering dat i hav a grill oven nt a convection 1.pls hlp .regards
pls hlp
CAKE reciepe needed for grill oven

Dragonfly thumbnail
Can anyone tell me how to make jalebis.
mayona thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dragonfly

Can anyone tell me how to make jalebis.

Jalebi

INGREDIENTS

cup maida
cup dahi (yogurt) preferably sour
ghee for deep frying
a strong polythene bag for piping out the jalebis
1 cups sugar
1 cups water

Mix flour and dahi, to form a paste of dropping consistency, adding water if necessary. Cover and leave to ferment for 6-7 hours.

Dissolve sugar in the water, over low heat, then cook over high heat till slightly thick---one thread consistency. Keep aside, warm, till you fry the jalebis.

Heat the ghee and fill the bag with the batter. Twist the opening to seal the bag. Snip a corner to make a small hole

Hold the bag over the hot ghee and pipe out swirls (like whirlpools), straight into it. Lower the heat to medium and turn the jalebis over and fry till a light brown on both sides.

Lift out of the ghee and put into the syrup, leave thus for a minute or so, and lift out again and serve.

mayona thumbnail

Originally posted by: meenakshi_munja

cn ne1 tel me hw to make cake-ne type remembering dat i hav a grill oven nt a convection 1.pls hlp .regards
pls hlp
CAKE reciepe needed for grill oven

Cranberry Apple Cake

The warm baked scent of this fruit-studded cake is the stuff memories are made of.

3/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks, beaten
3 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 ounces milk
3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
Powdered sugar (optional)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Whip sugar and egg yolks until creamy; add lemon juice and mix well. Fold in flour and baking powder; add milk and mix to make a smooth batter. Grease an 8 x 8 x 1-3/4-inch heavy-duty aluminum pan (or fireproof casserole, or 9-inch springform pan).

Place apples and cranberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; toss to coat.

In baking pan, layer half of the batter, half of the fruit mixture, remaining half of batter, then the remaining fruit mixture.

Place an empty baking pan upside down in the center of the cooking grate. Place cake on inverted baking pan. Grill for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife tip inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from grill and let rest for about 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.

Makes 6 servings.

Note: Cake can be made with pears, peaches, or plums instead of apples, and blackberries in place of cranberries. 

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
plain rice kaise banao jab bhi banati hun alag alag nahi banty:( aur mom se sune ko milta hai k
aik chawal banane ko kehti hun wo bhi nahi banasaktiiii 😭
MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
arre i asked recipe per nobdy replieddddddddddd 😭
MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
lagta hai sab k rice aise hi banty hain jaise mere 😃
Miss.Netherland thumbnail

Originally posted by: MS.ATTITUDE

plain rice kaise banao jab bhi banati hun alag alag nahi banty:( aur mom se sune ko milta hai k
aik chawal banane ko kehti hun wo bhi nahi banasaktiiii 😭

Here you go sweetheart :

PLAIN BOILED RICE  
2 - 2 1/2 c. water (according to how fluffy you want the rice)
1 tsp. salt
1 c. rice (Comet or UNCLE BEN'S)

Use a saucepan with a tight cover. Bring the salted water to a brisk boil, stir in the rice, cover the pan and immediately reduce the heat to very low. (If you are cursed with an electric stove, you may have to use 2 burners to accomplish the reduction.) Let the rice simmer until it absorbs the water (about 20 to 25 minutes). When you think it is about done, remove the cover and let the rice dry out a bit over lowest possible heat.

PLAIN RICE  
1 c. rice
2 c. cold water

Combine in a 2 quart pan. Cover with a tight lid. Bring to a vigorous boil, then turn heat to low. Continue to cook the rice for 14 minutes. Do not remove or lift the lid in this time. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.

PLAIN RICE  
5 c. rice (Basmati)
3 tsp. salt
1/4 c. ghee (butter can be used)
1/2 stick cinnamon stick (optional)
5 whole cloves (optional)
4 shelled cardamoms (optional)
5-6 c. hot water
1/2 tsp. turmeric (if you wish to have yellow rice)

Wash rice and soak in hot water (cooks faster). Heat ghee of butter in pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and cook for few seconds. Rinse the water from rice and add to ghee and stir very gently not to break the rice. Add the hot water and bring to boil then reduce heat, close lid and cook slowly; add water if necessary.

Ghee is clarified butter. Throughout India much of the finest food preparation is done with ghee or clarified butter. It does not burn at higher temperatures as ordinary butter does. This is because the milk particles which ordinarily blacken when regular butter is heated are removed.

Sweeheart iam very very very sorry....
No no my rice is good😛😆

BTW - Thank You manoya for helping...

princezna thumbnail
Anybody plz tell me hw to make Paneer at home... i tried bt its not as gud... plz help me...
Miss.Netherland thumbnail

Originally posted by: cesky

Anybody plz tell me hw to make Paneer at home... i tried bt its not as gud... plz help me...

Hello Cesky ..
Paneer at home ?
Oke here !
Try Try Tryy !
And ceksy made it !
A home made paneer !

Paneer

Paneer
Description

Paneer is a fresh and delicate cottage cheese or milky cheese rich in nutrients made from low fat milk in Nepal and India. Making it involves long and complicated procedures. Paneer is made by curdling milk, tying the residence in cloth and placing under pressure to solidify. Paneer is versatile dairy product in its usage because it can be used to make sweets, snacks or vegetables. Paneer is a.

Even though making paneer is difficult, with experience, one gets better with it. If the first time results are not good, do not give up, please try again.

Paneer is also spelled as Panir or paner.

Ingredient

1 liter Milk 
teaspoon citric acid or lemon (juice)
2 tablespoon Water
Preparation
    Dissolve the citric acid in water. Bring milk to boil, stirring continuously. Add the acid solution gradually, while stirring. When the milk curdles fully, switch off the heat. Cover for 3-4 minutes. Drain into a muslin cloth. Hold pouch under running water.
  1. Press out excess water. Shape and place cloth under heavy weight required (stone slab) for 2-3 hours before using as
  2. required.

Here ..
And Try oke !
You will get the best paneer !

Priya