Ask Your Recipe ! - Page 7

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by usgal

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. Can anybody please give me recipe of white rice ( the one available in restaurants) with some orange/yellow grains in between, mixed with some veggies and each grain of rice should be seperate. Thanks.

PERFECT WHITE RICE

Rice is a staple of Latin cuisines, and growing up in a Cuban family, I probably took it for granted. It was only when I left home that I realized how important well-cooked rice can be, both for the soul and other foods on the plate! I always try to impress on people that it's a sin to use converted or instant rice. It's got to be "real" rice, and preferably long-grain. Avoid flavoring rice, for that will detract from the flavors of the foods you're serving the rice with.

2 cups long-grain rice
2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 quart water

Rinse the rice in a colander under sold, running water until the water runs clear. Drain. Place the rice, oil, salt, and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow the rice to boil, uncovered, until almost all of the water has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir the rice, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.

Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork just before serving.

Makes approximately 4 cups

_____White rice ^^^

Iam sorry...
i could find the one you want...
Hope thats ^ enough 😊

Pia

Originally posted by SADIYAH

does anyone hav recipes of hot puddings/desserts..preferably chocolate...if im not mistaken sanjeev kapoor made a steamed choc cake/puddin a couple of wks back...but if ne1 has a recipe plz let me knw...thnx

Hey ...
Sanjeev Kapoor ?
I dont know...
Please check the annoucment by - Belle1989
Here some recipes -:

-----------------------------

Chocolate Pudding

2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
(1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
(1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large whole eggs
3 large egg yolks
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon cornstarch

In a medium sized saucepan, bring milk to a boil.
    Meanwhile, in the top of a double boiler combine the bittersweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate with the butter and melt slowly until mixture is smooth. (Alternately this can be done carefully in a microwave.)
    In a large heatproof bowl, whisk the whole eggs and yolks with the sugar beating well until the sugar is well blended the mixture is a lighter yellow color. Add vanilla. Gradually add warm milk to egg mixture and whisk while combining. Return mixture to heat and cook over medium heat, constantly stirring until the liquid thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Immediately strain mixture into a large bowl.
    Gradually whisk in melted chocolate mixture and sifted cocoa mixture until fully incorporated.
    In a small saucepan using a whisk, combine the cream and cornstarch and bring to a boil, stirring over moderately high heat. Cook until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Vigorously whisk the cream into the chocolate custard until blended.
  1. Let the pudding cool slightly, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming, about 10 minutes. Pour the mixture into parfait glasses or ramekins. Refrigerate 4 hours or more before serving.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Recipe can be doubled or tripled.

-----------------------------------

Easy Chocolate Mousse
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 large fresh egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream, heated
Sweetened whipped cream for garnish
    Place chocolate chips, egg and vanilla into the container of electric blender and blend for 30 seconds.
    Remove center of blender lid and while machine is running, slowly pour heated cream into the chocolate mixture. Blend until well mixed and chocolate chips are melted.
    Pour into parfait or wine glasses. Refrigerate until set.
  1. Serve garnished with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.

Makes 4 servings.

--------------------

Originally posted by puliyogare

can any one post a good receipe of chocolate cake and if possible falafel   i really need these receipes for a party which i'm hosting

Chocolate cake :

Ingredients

3 cups flour (680 grams) 2 cups sugar (450 grams) 6 tablespoons cocoa (100 grams) 2 teaspoons baking soda (10 cc's = 10 ml) 1 teaspoon salt (5 cc's = 5 ml) 3/4 cup vegetable oil (200 cc's) 2 tablespoon vinegar (30 cc's) 2 teaspoon vanilla (10 cc's)
  • 2 cup cold water (480 cc's)

Directions

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes two layers of a two-layer 9-inch or 8-inch round cake, or one small sheet cake. When cool, frost it.

Eat.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Basic Method

Soak some dried chickpeas overnight (NEVER used tinned unless you like sludge at the bottom of your frier). Drain and grind up in a processor or robust blender until about the consistency of breadcrumbs. Mix in finely chopped onion and garlic. Add roasted ground cumin and coriander (seed), salt & pepper to taste. Roll into small patties. Deep fry in hot oil for a few minutes until golden brown. EAT!

I'm sure there are lots of variations, so don't take this as the canonical falafel recipe - it's just the way I like it.

------------

Falafel ^^^^^^^^^^

Pia

Edited by Miss.Netherland - 17 years ago

Originally posted by deep27

can anyone give receipe for punjabi palak chicken?

Here you go :

Ingredients:
Chicken 1/2 kg
Spinach (Palak) 1 bunch
Onions (medium size) 3
Garlic 12 pods
Green Chillies 6-8
Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) Handful
Cloves 4
Cinnamon 1 stick
Bay Leaf 1
Curd / Plain Yogurt 1/2 cup
Oil for frying  
Salt to taste  

Method:
1. Finely chop the onions, garlic and green chillies.
2. Boil the spinach on low heat in a vessel till it is soft. Switch off and set aside
3. Heat oil in a wok/pan.
4. Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf. Fry for a minute.
5. Add onions till they turn pink.
6. Add finely chopped garlic, green chillies and coriander.
7. Add spinach to this mixture.
8. Fry this mixture for a couple of minutes
9. Take the mixture off the heat.
10. Use the blender to grind the spinach mixture to paste.
11. Heat some more oil in pan. Add the paste from blender.
12. Add curd / plain yogurt.
13. Once the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan, add chicken and salt.
14. Cook on low heat till the chicken is done.

Serve with hot rotis or rice.

Originally posted by sinha_neha

can anyone post a recipe for gajar ka halwa.
thanks.

Ingredients:
Grated carrot 1 kg
Milk 1 litre
Whole dried milk (mawa) 200 grams
Sugar 2 cups
Ghee 2 tbsp.
Dry fruits (sliced almond and cashew nuts, raisin ) 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp.

Method:
1. Put milk and grated carrots in a heavy base kadhai / deep saucepan and bring it to boil. Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up. You should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
2. Add sugar, cardamom powder, 1/4 cup dry fruits and continuously stir for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add ghee and mawa. Stir well and fry on low heat until ghee starts separating.
4. Decorate with remaining dry fruits and serve hot. (Optional- decorate with silver leaf)
5. Add lemon juice and paneer pieces. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces gets properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.

hi friends,
    I amin US.Last week here sanjeev had tipped instant gajjar halwa on his show. It is donr in the pressure cooker, if anyone has noted the recipe ples send it tome or post it here,thank you

Originally posted by sweetoo73

hi friends,
    I amin US.Last week here sanjeev had tipped instant gajjar halwa on his show. It is donr in the pressure cooker, if anyone has noted the recipe ples send it tome or post it here,thank you

Check here :

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/265007

Pia

--------

gajar ka halwa :

Ingredients:
Grated carrot 1 kg
Milk 1 litre
Whole dried milk (mawa) 200 grams
Sugar 2 cups
Ghee 2 tbsp.
Dry fruits (sliced almond and cashew nuts, raisin ) 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp.

Method:
1. Put milk and grated carrots in a heavy base kadhai / deep saucepan and bring it to boil. Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up. You should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
2. Add sugar, cardamom powder, 1/4 cup dry fruits and continuously stir for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add ghee and mawa. Stir well and fry on low heat until ghee starts separating.
4. Decorate with remaining dry fruits and serve hot. (Optional- decorate with silver leaf)
5. Add lemon juice and paneer pieces. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces gets properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.

Edited by Miss.Netherland - 17 years ago
hello friends,
    I m in UK. In last week's episode here sanjeev had tipped instant kesaria halwa on d show. It is done very quickly, if anyone has noted the recipe plz send it to me or post it here wid exact measurements.

thnx in advance......

Originally posted by puliyogare

thanks. it works 😛 😛 😉

You are welcome

Originally posted by princezna

hello friends,
    I m in UK. In last week's episode here sanjeev had tipped instant kesaria halwa on d show. It is done very quickly, if anyone has noted the recipe plz send it to me or post it here wid exact measurements.

thnx in advance......

Hi dear princezna
We dont have the video yet 😊
Please check everytime the annoucment by Belle1989 Video Archive
iam sure you will find it in few weeks 😊
I will PM u if it is there 😊

Pia