Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Karnvir Bohra to be a special guest on Roadies!

As Roadies prepares for its next season, the actor comes on board...

http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/11033-karnvir-bohra-to-be-a-special-guest-on-roadies.htm 
SunShine_A thumbnail

Karanvir returns

Karanvir returns

On disappearing from the small screen after Nach Baliye 4, Karanvir Bohra has resurfaced. He will appear on Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava on the new channel Life Ok. The actor has been giving unique reasons for his absence from the small screen. He starts off by saying: "I was very choosy about my projects. After the generation leap in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, I was not keen to play a 40-year-old so I decided to quit the show."

Apparently after Kasautii... the actor was getting a lot of offers for similar roles. "I did Aziz Mirza's film Kismat Konnection but I was getting roles with five other parallel leads which I didn't want to do," says Karan. Pushed to a corner, Karan made a startling decision: "When I was doing Nach..., Farah Khan, who was the judge, told me that I am a good dancer and advised me to learn classical forms of dance as well. You won't believe it, but for two years my wife (Teejay Sidhu) and I didn't face the camera because we were busy learning classical dance and Kathak. We would practise almost all week and today it's paying off," confesses Karan."Now, by God's grace, I have two films coming up — Chemistry (with Shreyas, Tanisha Mukherjee, Soha Ali Khan) and director Anjum Rizvi's 3D venture with Veena Malik," he adds.

Talking about his new avatar in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava, "I got greedy when I was offered this role. I was informed that 75-80 people from the TV and film industry auditioned but I got selected in just two days. Viraj, the character I play is completely opposite to me. It's a very different kind of love that Viraj feels for his wife. Playing this role did take a toll as initially I found it difficult to portray the character. I watched movies like Agnisakshi, Sleeping With The Enemy and Silence Of The Lambs to get into the character's skin. Now I am quite comfortable with it.

SunShine_A thumbnail

There's someone watching what you're watching. The Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC), a body formed by the Indian Broadcasting Foundation in June last year, has received 3441 complaints against Indian TV programmes in a period of just six months.

Of these, 479 complaints have been considered seriously and action taken on them. "GhazabDesh Ki Ajab Kahani", a show hosted by Rakhi Sawant, which got into trouble after a participant committed suicide, got the highest number of complaints - 58. Sunny Leone's participation got "Bigg Boss 5" the second highest number of complaints at 36.

Wajahat Habibullah, chairperson of the National Commission for Minorities and a member of BCCC, said, "A majority of these complaints have been made by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. There are many which are not substantive. These complaints not only raise an objection to the content of the show, but also the impact these shows can leave on kids if not aired during restricted hours. Hence, we have had discussions with the TV companies along these lines. BCCC has also taken strong action on complaints filed against the victimization of women and the graphic depiction of violence against them. The issue is that when a crime is aired on TV, women shouldn't be shown as victims. If it has to be shown, then it should be done with some degree of sensitivity. Graphic descriptions detailing how her arm was twisted or how she was attacked by a dagger or even burnt, should be avoided. These matters were also taken up by representatives of the National Commission of Women (NCW) in the meeting."

According to Anoop Soni, who has been hosting "Crime Patrol" for close to two years, the crime-based show's main motive is to make people aware of violent crimes. Hence, it is important for the director to ensure the stories get a real portrayal. ""Crime Patrol" is based on factual stories of crime. If we dramatize real-life crime, it is to make people aware of what's happening in society. And to ensure these stories are kept real, the representation, at times, has to be intense, if not graphic. We have reduced the bloodshed shown on the show because we don't want to sensationalize things. We want to sensitize people instead," he says, adding, "The response from viewers has been so positive that we have been requested to air the show in the primetime slot." BP Singh, director, "CID", tells us he is, at times, told by the viewers that the show teaches people how to commit crimes. "I don't understand this viewpoint. How can one create awareness without showing crimes? Aur jisko jo seekhna hai, woh wohi seekhega. In our show, we make it a point that no woman is ill-treated by the cops. We avoid showing blood-splattered floors or bodies in a pool of blood. Agar zyaada blood hota hai toh usko bhi hum edit kar dete hain," he says.

For actor Karanvir Bohra, who plays an over-possessive and abusive husband and physically attacks his wife in "Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava", stringent legal action against real life criminals is more important. "There are several women in India who are subjected to domestic violence and abuse. Don't you think we should pay more attention to real life cases? Why is there a spurt in such instances? Because those who are guilty are never punished. We can change this by making women aware of their rights and the legal help they can seek. Through our show, we have tried to tell viewers that a man who suffers from bipolar disorder needs medical help. So we portray violence - by using shadows or silhouette - to spread the message. I may be playing a violent husband, but that's to help women understand what they can do if placed in a similar situation."

BCCC can scrutinize complaints filed against any non-news and current affairs content programme broadcast that:
Works against national interest
Has slanderous content
Disrupts racial and religious harmony
Promotes kissing, sex/nudity
n Endorses violence/crime, gambling, horror/occult
Besides viewers, NGOs, RWAs, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, etc also have the right to file a complaint.
Action taken by the BCCC
Gazab Desh Ki Ajab Kahaniyaan: The BCCC said that the content of the episode telecast on August 5, 2011, is not suitable for children and young viewers, and so the channel should exercise discretion in future while selecting the content of the programme.
Bigg Boss 5: The BCCC called the channel for a hearing on December 23, 2011. On Sunny's entry in the show and the alleged promotion of po*nography, it directed Colors to exercise caution while selecting participants for such shows in the future. But it agreed with the channel's position that content of the show by itself is not violative of self-regulatory guidelines and also that there is no evidence to suggest that there is a link between Colors and cross promotion of Bigg Boss 5 being done on Leone's websites.

"In a meeting that was held on Friday, it was decided that victimization of women shouldn't be encouraged on the small screen. The tendency on TV is to deal with violence against women in a graphic way. So we have discussed the same with some channels. In some cases, we have issued a warning and in others, we have asked them not to repeat the programmes. Besides Colors, we also asked Sony not to repeat "Prayshchit Gunahon Ka". We also considered "Crime Patrol" for the way violence in general and against women specifically was treated on the show. We also passed an order against a show called "Keya Patar Nouko" on Zee Bangla, in which the male lead brutally beats up every woman. We have decided to issue a general advisory to all channels to avoid the same in future. As for restricted hours, they begin from 11pm and go on till 5am. We have also issued an advisory to ensure controversial promos of the shows are not aired during afternoons.
Justice AP Shah, chairperson, BCCC

source:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Show-no-violence-in-shows-says-BCCC/articleshow/11423299.cms

SunShine_A thumbnail
Karanvir gets inspired by Salman Khan 

Saadia S Dhailey 

Karanvir Bohra is not only back on the telly tube with Saubhagyavati Bhava,hes also rekindling his childhood passion for art.The actor as a little boy would sketch often and the passion was rekindled when he visited Salman Khans house recently.He says,In fact,Salman even gave me some tips and told me that to get better,all I have to do is keep practising. 
The actor says that it was almost two months ago when he got to drawing stills of Tin Tin on the walls of his make-up room.A sketchbook wasnt around and I really wanted to draw,so I took to the wall.And when I got a hang of it,I sketched Jim Morris and then Charlie Chaplin. Initially his friends and colleagues didnt believe that he was the man behind the wall art.Says he,I had to take a video of myself while doing it as a proof. And now,he says he has two offers from his friends to do up their walls.
How about walls at his home Well,that wont be a good idea.Teejay will then paint me black and blue! he quips.Rather,he intends to finally start sketching on a drawing paper.

TALENT SPEAKS: Karanvir Bohra 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

SunShine_A thumbnail

Karanvir's darker side

• January 21, 2012 
  • By AL Chougule
Karanvir's darker side

Karanvir Bohra is back in serials after four long years. Last seen on TV as Prerna's mischievous and notorious son Prem in Kasauti Zindagi Kay that he quit when the show went for a 20-year generation leap in 2007, Karanvir has gone through an image makeover in his comeback show Dil Se Di Dua…Saubhagyavati Bhavo. In the show he plays Viraj, a business tycoon with a difference. Viraj is an obsessive husband who tortures his wife physically and mentally. He is a paranoid lover who is irrationally dominating. But Karan says he is enjoying the character.

"It's very easy to play a chocolate boy or a romantic hero. Most of the actors do only that. But I wanted to play a very challenging and unconventional character. I am happy with my choice of character and the shades it requires me to portray," he elaborates. He doesn't think the character is negative. "Viraj is an obsessive lover but the character seems negative because he portrays excess love. And he is not a wife beater but he tortures her mentally. In fact, there is bit of Viraj in everyone. We all play subtle mind games. But in fiction, things are overdone for dramatic effect," he defends.

The show, according to him, is not a usual family soap but a romantic thriller which has caught the viewers' fancy within three weeks. "The first week rating was 1.1, which went up to 1.5 in the second week and the third week rating was 2.1. It means viewers are relating to the character and hence watching it in large numbers," he adds. Elaborating further he says, "Viraj had a deprived childhood which had led him to be a paranoid human being. He is a complicated person. The show is really dramatic and powerful."

As for Viraj's wife Janvi, Karanvir says she loves her husband a lot. "She is a typical loving Indian wife who is obviously disgusted and shocked to see wild mood swings and irrational behaviour of her husband as he is sweet and polite one minute and utterly dominating the next," he adds. While he says expect the unexpected as the story unfolds, it is not hard to guess that Viraj will undergo gradual change. What will change him is Janvi's love. "Well, I can't talk about what will happen next but the outcome will be interesting," he says tongue-in-cheek.

*****^*****
SunShine_A thumbnail

I've no time for love: Sriti Jha

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Jan 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Vikrant Massey|Sriti Jha|Rakhtsambandh|Dhoom Machao Dhoom
Sriti Jha
With an uncanny charm and her innocent looks, actor Sriti Jha wowed many telly viewers' hearts in daily soaps like Jiya Jale, Jyoti and Rakhtsambandh. 

The pretty woman is gearing up for another impactful screen presence with her current innings in the small screen with the show Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav?. 

Sriti sounds quite excited about her role in the show. "This role is quite different to the ones I've done so far. This deals with how the life of a young Jhanvi takes a different turn owing to the domestic rigors post marriage. A happy go lucky girl who finds herself engulfed in domestic turmoil because of her husband's unpredictable behaviour. I am glad to have been doing such a challenging role," says Sriti. 

The actor considers herself lucky to have become the part of telly-land as she feels, "I'm part of a great job where I get paid to learn. My first brush with the world of showbiz happened when I got selected while I auditioned for Dhoom Machao Dhoom at my college in Delhi." Since then offers came pouring in for this pretty young gun. "I really don't have any struggle story to tell about my stint in Tellytown," says the actor who sums up her journey so far as "amazing". 

"I hail from a small town. My parents were never apprehensive about my decision to take up acting - they've been a constant support to me," says Sriti who believes in putting the best of her caliber while doing a show. 

This hard-working actress was shuttling between two soaps simultaneously - Shaurya Aur Suhani and Jyoti. Quiz her about handling work pressure with such an ease and Sriti says, "I didn't mind the continuous working hours without a break. Since the two shows were from the same production house, the shooting itinerary was being taken care of by the production crew. This made my life easier." 

Sriti, who also took part in a reality show Meethi Choori No. 1 feels more reality show stints can wait. "I don't think I'm popular enough for audience to relate to me on a reality shows. I'm content with my acting endeavors and want to continue taking up more of acting projects," confesses Sriti. 

Sriti, who describes herself, "happy-go-lucky" feels, "I'm comfortable in most extreme situations in life and that keeps me going." 

Probe her on her rumoured link up with actor Vikrant Massey and she says, "Vikrant and I are just good friends. We were working together in Dhoom Machao Dhoom and Jiya Jale. We share a good rapport. People just blew things out of proportion, leading to the rumours that we are seeing each other - which was never the case." 

So, is there someone special in her life? "It might sound very cliched, but I've no time for love. Work keeps me so busy, that I hardly get time for myself." On this note, she signs off.
SunShine_A thumbnail
Dadi finds another way to stay at Jahnvi and Viraj's home. She gives a Krishna idol to Jahnvi and tells her that it will protect her from all kinds of trouble. Viraj is seeing all this through a secret camera that he has installed in Dadi's room. Viraj does not like what he sees and is clearly thinking of another sinister plan.

In the upcoming episode, Dadi will be seen walking towards the secret room that Viraj always keeps under lock and key. She is wondering what could be behind the closed door and wants to somehow open it. Suddenly, Dadi gets startled by something coming from behind.

Who or what takes her by surprise? Is Dadi's life at risk?
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
DSDDSB - Articles Archive

Hello :)

Just wanted to let you know we already have an Articles Archive. Can you please continue uploading any articles in that post?

Thanks!
Naina

PS: Welcome to the forum!
SunShine_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naina2127

DSDDSB - Articles Archive

Hello :)

Just wanted to let you know we already have an Articles Archive. Can you please continue uploading any articles in that post?

Thanks!
Naina

PS: Welcome to the forum!

Heya Naina

Yes I just saw , I searched the forum couldn't get so made this one
Even I thought of adding there but  that one has not been used from ages while I have almost updated this so thinking of continuing here only.
Have pmd the mods if she will close this then will post others new there henceforth.

Thanks😊
SunShine_A thumbnail

Harshad Chopra enters as Jhanvi's savior in Life OK Dil Se Di Dua