/+ DSDDSB Articles Corner +\ (No Comments) - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago

Here is a good news for all Harshad Chopra fans, the actor will soon make an entry in Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava, a daily sopa which is being aired on Life OK channel.

Harshad's last show on Imagine TV was 'Dharampatni that went off air mid-way because of the low TRP of the show.

Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? is about the struggle of Jahnvi, who is married to an over possessive and abusive guy, Viraj.

Harshad will make an entry in the show to rescue Jahnvi from her mentally ill husband

source:
http://news.urlremoved/tv/3454-harshad-chopra-to-enter-%E2%80%98dil-se-di-dua%E2%80%A6saubhagyavati-bhava%E2%80%99.html
Originally posted by -vandy-

Back in action After Imagine TV's Dharampatni ended, Harshad Chopra now will be seen in a new show. He will play the parallel lead in Life OK's Saubhagyavati Bhava. His role will
be of Jhanvi's saviour (Sriti Jha). Harshad is quite popular on TV and watching him fight with Viraj (Karanvir Bohra) will add to the TRPs.

Popular face: Harshad Chopra

Saubhagyavati Bhava for a cause

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Mar 9, 2012, 01.14PM IST
Read More:Women|Spread|Saubhagyavati Bhava|Life OK
Saubhagyavati Bhava for a cause
Still from the show

Life OK's Saubhagyavati Bhava highlights the plight of Women who experience domestic violence through the story of Jhanvi, a newly wed middle-class homemaker.

Her husband Viraj suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) and the character is surprisingly both, abusive and charming at once, leaving Jhanvi physically, mentally and emotionally tortured.

To get the message across and beyond the small screen and to help alleviate the pain of women suffering this torture in everyday life, the channel has tied up with Breakthrough's Bell Bajao initiative. The 360-degree campaign encourages men to be catalysts in bringing down cases of domestic violence.

As part of this tie-up, Life OK and Bell Bajao will jointly host 'awareness camps' to educate people about domestic violence and its impact on society. The channel will also train people from diverse backgrounds and communities to convey knowledge, share ideas and to reshape individuals. The footprint of this initiative is Spread across seven districts in Uttar Pradesh and five districts in Delhi and Karnataka.

MEANIES NEXT DOOR 

Negative characters in daily soaps are not as melodramatic as they used to be.Ahmedabad Times explores 

Ano Patel 

They came with an overture to a track that typified villainy to the hilt.The small screen would lit up with the kind of soap opera that these negative characters had to indulge in with their sly smiles,arched eyebrows,oodles of make-up and a not so subtle background music that would establish their credentials as the mean people.Until now the most remembered screen meanies were Komolika (Kasautii Zindagi Kay),Sindoora (Banoo Main Teri Dulhan),Jigyasa (Kasamh Se),Romola Sikand (Kahin Kisii Roz),Rishi Grewal (Kahin To Hoga),Ansh Gujral (Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi),who showed their spiteful side in their over-the-top way and were deluged with hate mails.The new age baddies have mellowed and are characters you can believe in,different from the scheming,wicked former baddies we had loved to hate.
Meet the current badmaash company from Tellytown Rucha Gujarathi (Kia in Saas Bina Sasural),Rucha Hasabnis (Rashi in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya),Rukhsar (Dr Mallika in Kuch Toh Log Kahenge) and Neha Sargam (Ishika in Haar Jeet),Abhaas Mehta (Shyam in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam D o o n ),M o u l i Ganguly (as Anushka in Kya Hua Tera Vaada) Karanvir Bohra (Viraj in Dil Se Di Dua ... Saubhagyavati Bhava),Adaa Khan (Amrit in Amrit Manthan) and Mahesh Shetty (Siddhant in Bade Achhe Lagte Hai),actors who are giving meanness a whole new definition by being ordinary.
Producer Nissar Parvez feels,the monotony associated with the characters has brought about this change.He says,Those dramatic evil characters worked wonderfully at some level and they still work.But now audiences want to be humoured after a tiring days work.So,playing just a bad guy/girl is not enough.It is all about how you add a funny aspect to the negative character to depict on screen. Rukhsar says,I try to keep it subtle.My character is shown falling in love with the hero,so I have to strike a balance between the romantic angle and the jealous angle. 
Some say,these characters are people next door and not too cardboard cutout variety.Says Neha,I am a simple girl who wants to give it back to people whove hurt her. Rucha agrees,My character is very well-sketched.Shes a victim of circumstances,so its easier to relate to her. 
Now whether underplaying negativity can create some TRP froth in near future,only time can tell.
[email protected]

LIFE OK

Dil Se Dua Saubhagyavati Bhav? maintains its no 1 position  with a AVG TRP of 1.80 followed by a mushy romantic Main Tulsi Tere Angan Ki  with an AVG TRP of 1.44

The misses of the month are Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and Tum Dena Saath Mera.With majestic and larger than life sets Mahadev fails to bring the audience closer to it.

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=401:show-stoppers-of-the-month&Itemid=543

Life OK to celebrate Holi with special show 'Rang Barse'

Section: TV Briefs Category: Media

Media News
Mumbai, March 2, 2012

Colour, energy and fun that define Holi will come alive on Life OK, as the channel that celebrates the essence of life rings in its first spring festival with dance, music and lots of drama.

The special Holi event, set in a village backdrop, will see enthralling performances by Karan Grover and Aditi Gupta aka Harmony, who will open the show with a spectacular performance of the season's most popular track, 'Ooh La La'. Kailash Kher will also enthral viewers with his performance.

TV's favorite soap stars Ali Asgar and Kavita Kaushik will be hosting the event that will see stars play Holi with flowers and partake of 'Bhang', the traditional drink. The show will see loads of drama in the form a 'family act' and a 'saas-bahu' act; And of course, no Holi is complete without a 'Rang Barse' performance, by actors Karanvir Bohra aka Viraj, Sudeep Sahir aka Arjun and Shraddha Arya aka Lakshmi.

Also championing a 'Safe Holi' initiative, Mouni Roy aka Sati and Sayantani Ghosh aka Pratibha play Holi the traditional way – with flowers, in their mythological dance performance on 'Mann Kyun Behka'. Adding to the 'Safe Holi', the entire event utilized only eco-friendly colours.
Ali Zafar & Aditi Rao Hydari also performed on numbers from their movie London Paris New York. Popular rock and sufi singer, Kailash Kher's enthralling performance added to the memorable evening.

Ajit Thakur, general manager at Life OK said, "Holi is celebration of happiness; it's about forgiving and forgetting, blurring differences and sharing the joys of life with one's family. That's the essence of Life OK, familial bond and sharing happiness with loved ones." 

Tune into the Holi Hai!! Life Ke Naye Rang, Life OK's pehli Holi on 8th March at 5.30PM.

I HAVE BEEN VERY CHOOSY 

KARANVIR BOHRA HAS HIS HANDS FULL WITH TELEVISION,MOVIES,THEATRE AND DANCE.PURNIMA GOSWAMI SHARMA REPORTS.

Related Articles 

Iam doing a television show after three years.I have been very choosy and wanted to do some interesting work and grow as an actor,that is why I chose the role of Viraj in Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava on Life Ok, states the well-known actor Karanvir Bohra.
Viraj is a complex and grey character;its a challenging role.I am happy with the overwhelming response that I have received adds Bohra who shot to fame with the serial Kasuti Zindagi ki.
Besides television Bohra is also doing two films,Chemistry (with Shreyas Talpade and Soha Ali Khan) and Mumbai 125km,a 3D film.He is also trying his hand at theatre and working on a play with Ila Arun called Mareechika.I am lucky that at the moment I am dabbling in all three mediums of entertainment : movies,TV and theater.I am excited with my work at the moment.God has been really kind. states Bohra.

BEING FIT 

The actor has been married to radio jockey and actor,Teejay Sidhu for the past five years. I married at a young age and life has changed for the better.I feel settled in life and can focus only on work now, he says.Both Karanvir Bohra and Teejay are very passionate about dance and for the last three years,they have been learning kathak from Pandit Biru Krishnan.After Teejay and I did Naach Baliye,Farah Khan,who appreciated my dancing skills,suggested that I should learn some classical dance.So,I attended classes for six days a week and we had each class of three hours.
He believes that dancing has helped him gain grace,stamina and stronger bones.Besides gymming,he also meditates every day to stay calm and relaxed.

MY LOKHANDWALA 

Bohra has been a Lokhandwala resident for the past three years after he moved from Bandra.Lokhandwala is the epicenter of the television industry and its easier for me to commute.I live in the back road which is a peaceful area and I am grateful that we have such a lovely home.But I have to admit,the traffic is maddening here, he says.Bohra,when not working,can be spotted at Sammy Sosa or Costa Coffee.

I married at a young age and life has changed for the better.I feel settled in life and can focus only on work now 

KARANVIR BOHRA,ACTOR 

Anshuman Sinha, needs no introduction in the Entertainment Industry because his huge volume of work speaks for himself. He has written the stories for some of the most popular shows on television like Kumkum on Star Plus, 12/24 Karol Bagh and Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo on Zee TV, Jaane Kya Baat Hui,Mukti BandhanBairi Piya and Bhagyavidhata on Colors. He is currently the master mind mind the most unconventional story for Life OK namedDil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava.

Anshuman Sinha, is a man with a visualisation power, a man with a concrete imagination, a man who surprises the viewers with his indepth sense of conviction and storytelling with the various shades he brings out in his characters.

Rangmunch.TV takes this opportunity to understand the writer's persepctive with regards to the story and the characters of Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava, since the show has managed to grip viewers' attention from the word go.

Meet the man who has taken Jhanvi and Viraj's story to a complete chilling level, and get ready to be exhilarated as he shares the tale behind the creation of the tale...!

Rangmunch: The irony of the story lies in the title itself - whose suggestion was it and how did you go about conceiving this story?

Anshuman: When the show started a lot of names were under discussion, including the name of two central leads. But after the channel's vision was locked, the picture and the pitch became clearer. It was suggesting the irony in everyone's lives, how we always crave and crib for things we don't have, and do not cherish what we have. If we stop cribbing, and just look at our life, we will find that our life is more than OK. I remember a poem that Lyricist Munna Dhiman wrote, which meant, "waiting for one bigger pleasure we stop cherishing many little pleasures that life offers to us; it's the small quota of pleasures that makes a life worthwhile, not the big ones, so we should stop using 'bahi-khataas' and stop being munims"' So as a whole team this title was finalized, which projected the irony of this drama, hinting at the irony we force ourselves to live in.

The show is adaptation of a popular south show "Shravanthi", whose rights are with UTV. But, we approached the whole show from a fresh and a bit different perspective, and for that a lot of changes was done at story as well as characterization level.

Rangmunch: How did you go about evolving the characters of Viraj and Jhanvi?

Anshuman: Since, the show is adaptation of a popular south show "Shravanthi", whose rights are with UTV. So we all had a basic characterization of Viraj and Jhanvi. But, we approached the whole show from a fresh and a bit different perspective, and for that a lot of changes was done at story as well as characterization level. In Shravanthi the husband's character was completely dark and commits a murder in initial few episode only. We have not defined Viraj as a dark character, and kept the suspense alive around him, if he has done any heinous acts that he will be accused of. And to create and sustain that doubt we have made him a bit vulnerable also, exploring his softer side. And to achieve that, we had to layer him more, make his character more complex and in complete contrast to the simplicity and innocence that Jhanvi offers. In Shravanthi, the wife's character, lost hope very early in the story, and didn't try much for the marriage to work in the first phase of the story. Here we made Jhanvi's character more optimistic, and having more of internal strength to be able to face the tyranny of Viraj for a longer period, and do efforts for this marriage to work. And we also made the character of Viraj smarter (than original) and brought in his manipulative nature strongly to emphasize on tactics the abusive husbands use to keep their wives in control. So you don't know when he is genuinelyexpressing love, or when he is just manipulating as a counter measure of torture. It was a tough task to shape this character in a way, that one would love to hate him. So that there is always a mixed opinion, whether Viraj is a dark or a grey character, and that gives rise to hope, that one day, Jhanvi can make this marriage work. My inspiration for Viraj's characterization actually came from Girish Karnad'splay Tughlaq, who always maintained the suspense and mystery around himself, that, whether he was an eccentric, tyrant, murdering ruler or a visionary king. On other hand in complete contrast we made Jhanvi's character more innocent, simplistic and optimistic, than original, so that, she in spite of all the tortures, attaches herself to every distant hope and continues to try and make the marriage work. This also helped us to explore their marriage completely. Most of the characters that we see today, rarely grow, but here, both these characters will grow with time, but whether that transformation is in the positive or negative direction, is something towatch for in this show.

Rangmunch: Considering, it is a show on a fairly new Channel whose identity was also under wraps, weren't you apprehensive about the promotions and coverage the show would get?

Anshuman: No, that was never the fear or apprehension. If the content is good, it might take time, but audience will eventually come. In fact being a new channel, the publicity was really good, and since the show was getting launched with the channel, we always had extra benefits. The concepts on domestic violence have been pitched to many Hindi-GEC's in past, but couldn't be made for various reasons. So personally, I am really thankful to Life OK, that they provided the opportunity to make a show on domestic abuse, a reality, which most of us choose to ignore or acknowledge in real life. And it's paying off for all of us, and we are much thankful to the audience for appreciating the show.

Rangmunch: What were your reactions when you learnt that the show had topped the TRP charts on the Channel for two consecutive weeks?

Anshuman: We were never looking at the TRP initially; we just concentrated to tell a good story. Though we were hoping for a very strong reaction from the audience, as the content is a bit volatile and very different from what is being offered everywhere else. But a good TRP was indeed a welcome, and raised our confidence and provided the required boost that we are on the right path, but also brought along lot of pressure and expectations.

Rangmunch: As a writer what kind of stories challenge you, and what about this show appealed to you?

Anshuman: All the stories offer their own unique challenge, and I love to write every genre. My only requirement is that the basic story should offer me the opportunity to explore and bring forth a deeper meaning and realities of life and people. I love to experiment with genres; for e.g. narrating a love story in a thriller manner; narrating a tragic story in a humorous way etc. But more than the story, it's always the characters that entice me, and I personally like multidimensional characters. Because its the characters that motivate and propel me to narrate the story in a particular manner.

I am really thankful that I was offered to write Saubhagyawati Bhava. It's the basic seed of domestic violence, which I wanted to work upon for a longer time, and the complex character of Viraj, which made me take up this show. Also the show offered a bigger challenge of narrating this dark story of a woman being tortured and abused, on almost a daily basis in such a manner so that the audience is not repelled, but glued to their seats. And we then devised a thriller narrative to this entire show, gave Viraj a dark humor; balanced the tortures of Viraj with his vulnerability and acts of love and care; balanced the pain of Jhanvi with her optimism and hope to make the marriage work; devised some of the tortures which are hooking rather than repulsive. So its one of the most challenging show I have done, and I am loving it.

Well we hope you liked the interview so far. But this is not the end, as part 2 of the interview is yet to come. So do come back next week to read Anshuman's take on Viraj, Jhanvi andSaubhagyavati Bhav - the show.

Direct Link:http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=345%3Avirajs-character-was-inspired-from-girish-karnads-play-tughlaq-anshuman-sinha&Itemid=530

Reccomendation

Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhav on Life OK with a TRP Rating of 1.40 has also scene a high point wherein Jhanvi finally takes a stand to get rid of all her life's miseries and leaves Viraat. 

Do tune in to watch your favourite shows EVERY time ON TIME on your television. Happy Viewing!!