and like the on air promo, the track
sheds light on how with Raghav in
Sia's life, Viraaj can never succeed in
his ways, in getting Jhanvi back. 
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

[Recap] 1000 Agents of Change

Last week, we were in Lucknow to hold our final workshop as part of the 1000 Agents of Change campaign in partnership with LifeOk TV. Over the past four months, we've worked together to hold a series of workshops and create a thousand agents of change acting against domestic violence! These trainings promote sensitivity towards domestic violence through popular culture, games and activities, and a concluding pledge – this particular training was attended by 59 participants along with Ajit Thakur, head of LifeOK, and Harshad Chopra, who plays the role of Raghav on LifeOK's popular Saubhagyawati Bhava – a serial that takes on the issue of domestic violence.

Rights Advocates Sunil and Ashish launched Thursday's training workshop and usedSaubhagyawati Bhava as the base from which to launch the activities. They also discussed the role and voice a girl has (or doesn't have) in society, and how this does not even pose much benefit for the men in a society!

One of our memorable activities from the workshop had Sunil using a volunteer from among the participants to pose as his (fictional) sister, 'Savita'. He then narrated a story about Savita, and how she was constantly being shuttled between her in-laws – who she wanted to escape because they were torturing her – and her own parents' home – who kept convincing her to go back. The participants were asked to provide reasons as to why Savita kept leaving her in-laws and what her parents' reasons must have been for sending her back. The participants wrote the answers on Post-It notes that they then stuck on the model Savita:

The second half of the day marked the arrival of the LifeOK team. Channel head Ajit Thakur and actor Harshad Chopra (who plays Raghav on Saubhagyawati Bhava)  spent some time with the participants at the workshop. Harshad led the participants in their pledge against domestic violence. Many thanks to our participants for attending as well as Harshad Chopra and Ajit Thakur for their support!

Harshad Chopra talking about Bell Bajao

http://www.bellbajao.org/?p=6575#comment-2869
SunShine_A thumbnail

TV actors disappointed over service tax

TV actors disappointed over service tax

Harshad Chopra | actor
Until recently service tax was part of our pay and production houses deducted it from our cheques, so we weren't concerned. We have to remember that the consumer-buyer relationship is symbiotic and everyone is affected when there's a sudden hike in taxes.

Karanvir Bohra | actor
It's not fair. This tax shouldn't have been levied. There's got to be some reasons on why it is done now. At this rate, government might even levy tax on our breathing tomorrow. I've got full faith that producers and channel honchos will work on something which will be good for us actors
SunShine_A thumbnail
2) Dil
Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava!

Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava
had a rocking week and Harshad
Chopra sure left everybody stunned
with his amazing portrayal of
Raghavendra Singh uff Raghav. So
zaahir si baat hai ki this its one of his
scene that would make it to the list
this week. We viewers love the rain
and everything about it, we would
love to see our favorite stars and jodi
perform in the rain, and its Harshad
aka Ragahv's emotional breakdown in
the rain after his conversation with
Sia. In front of Sia he gives an
excellent performance by convincing
her that the announcement of the
engagement came as a shocker for
him as well. He keeps aside his
feelings for her, and gives a new
dimension to the entire thing. It
suddenly starts to rain and Jhanvi
goes inside leaving Raghav who
behind who tells her that he would
come inside shortly. There is a belief
that the Rain washes away every
pain, every sorrow. Raghav too gets
drenched in the rain and cries his
heart out. He is reminded of his
every moment spent with Sia but the
last one where she tells him that she
cannot mary him pierces him like a
stake and he continues to cry. We
love Harshad for this Dhamakedaar
scene. Kudos to this brilliant actor for
making this scene come alive on our
screens.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Vaquar Shaikh in Dil se di Dua. Saubhagyavati Bhava?Vaquar Shaikh in Dil se di Dua. Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Vaquar Shaikh to star in Life OK show and to play a negative character..

SunShine_A thumbnail

The new showstealers

Dramatic twists, heaps of tearjerking melodrama and lots of misunderstandings — 18 new entries in daily soaps are responsible for all that and more! 

Storylines on the small screen have their share of twists and turns, but what really keeps the audience hooked to a show is the entry of a new character, which takes the show to a different level altogether. That probably explains why, have been as many as 18 'new' entries in daily soaps in recent times! Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav? catapulted to new highs (read better TRPs) 

after the entry of hottie Harshad Chopra; 

Harshad Chopra Harshad Chopra is Raghav, the docile Sia/Jhanvi's saviour and possible love interest in Dil Se Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhav?. That he might eventually end up as the main male lead is being popularly believed of late! 
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Karanvir Bohra meets his favourite cricketer

Neha Maheshwri, TNN May 20, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Karanvir Bohra with Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Karanvir Bohra, an ardent cricket buff, recently got the chance to meet his favourite cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni during a match.

He recalls, "Meeting Dhoni, Suresh Raina and the team was such a high. They were just like college students, pulling each others' legs. I connected more with Raina and we are still in touch with each other regularly. And MSD is the most humble person I've met. He even knighted me with my skull stick that I use on the show. I was so thrilled about it." The picture clearly shows that the actor had a whale of a time.

Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 11 years ago
Karanvir Bohra scores for Isha & Salman

Karanvir Bohra

With neck to neck competition every week, the dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' on Colors' is becoming tougher for the contestants but this doesn't seem to bother Isha Sharvani and his partner Salman YYusuff Khan who scored 30 for the fifth time in a row. 

To make the competition even tougher, judges Madhuri Dixit, Karan Johar and Remo threw challenges before the contestants. Isha and Salman were asked to perform with television heartthrob Karanvir Bohra.

Nevertheless Isha along with her partner Salman and the teen ka tadka Karanvir Bohra managed to impress the judges yet another time. They surpassed all the expectations and Salman was praised for his choreography. 

Sources also inform that Isha and Karanvir Bohra were down with viral but in spite of that they managed to put up a brilliant act together. They performed on 'Aa zara kareeb se' from the film 'Murder 2' and scored 30 for the fifth time.

SunShine_A thumbnail

When Karanvir slapped a fan

TNN | Jul 25, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Suits|Karanvir Bohra|Guess|Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhava
Tweet
When Karanvir slapped a fan
Karanvir Bohra with a fan
Before you jump onto any conclusion, we would like you to know that Karanvir Bohraaka Viraj Dobriyal of Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhava fake slapped an ardent fan at his insistence for a picture. 

Apparently, his fans request him to sport his angry look for the camera rather than smiling for the picture. Says Karanvir, "I get these strange requests from my fans who ask me to pose as if I am hitting them while they click a picture with me. Initially, I was a little surprised as I would always give a warm smile and pose for pictures but people wanted to see Viraj's attitude in the pictures. I Guess they know they have been bad and a need a little punishment." Must say the attitude Suits you!

Aruna Irani bowed by Karanvir Bohra's dance!

Purva Desai, TNN | Jul 28, 2012, 04.43PM IST
Read More:Parichay|Karanvir Bohra|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa|Isha And Salman|Aruna Irani
Aruna Irani bowed by Karanvir Bohra's dance!
Aruna Irani
Karanvir Bohra's appearance on Colors TV'sJhalak Dikhhla Jaa has caused quite a stir!

Female fans loved Karan's performance including veteran actress Aruna Irani, who is currently very busy shooting for Parichay. However, the senior actress managed to catch Karan's performance on Jhalak and was bowled over, "I dint expect him to do so well! He was amazing. I was just watching him as he was paired against Salman and Isha, who are bothfabulous dancers. But on that day, Karan held his own! I felt like calling him and congratulating him."

Aruna Irani is herself a dancer to reckon with but when asked if she would like to be a part ofJhalak, "No. I've danced enough", she says smilingly.