Lalita's take : Episode for Sat 18th Feb UPDATED

Posted: 12 years ago

Update for Friday 17/02 ' (starts  from  where  yesterday's  episode  ends)

Ram and Priya  finish  their  kala  khatta.  Priya  keeps  looking  at  Ram.

Ram  :  Kya  hua?  Aise  kya  dekh  rahe  ho?

Priya  :  Mujhe  dikh  raha  hai,  Mr.  Kapoor,  ki  aapko  yeh  accha  nahin  lag  raha  hai.  Phir  bhi,  zabardasti  yeh  khaane  ke  liye,  thank  you.

Ram  :  Arre,  thank  you  kis  liye?  Haan,  thik  hai,  utna   accha  nahin  laga'..par..mazaa  zaroor  aaya.  Shayad,  I'll  like  it  more  the  next  time  I  have  it.

Priya,  smiles.

Ram  :  Ek  baat  batao,  tum  aaj  ka  class  bunk  nahin  kar  sakte?

Priya  :  Kya?  Mr.  Kapoor,  students  bunk  classes ,  not  teachers  !

Ram  :  Toh  aaj  mat  jao..  take  a  holiday  '   I'm  feeling  so  light  hearted..with  no  tension..  upar  se  tumne  itna  accha  breakfast  karva  diya'..after  such  a  long  time'that  now  I  don't  feel  like  working  any  more  !

Priya  :  Sahii  mein?  Koi  kaam  nahin  hai?  You  can  take  a  holiday?

Ram ,  thinks  for  a  while  and  replies  :  Honestly,  no.  Tomorrow   is  Saturday  so  I definitely  need  to  finish  some  work  today.  But  I  can  wrap  up  my  work  in  2  -3  hours.  Tum  chhutti  le  lo!

Priya  :  Accha?  Toh  jab  tak  aap  apna  kaam  khatam  karenge,  main  kya  karungi?

Ram  :  Tum  mere  cabin  mein  baithe  rehna  !

Priya  remembers  the  last  time  she'd  tried  to  sit  in  Ram's  cabin.  At  that  time,  she  was  working  for  Kapoor  Industries  and  really  required  some  space  to  complete  her  notes  for  the  lecture.  Then,  he  had  asked  her  to  sit  someplace  else  as  he  was  getting  disturbed.  And  today,  ''  Priya  smiles.

Ram  :  Kya  hua?  Why  are  you  smiling?

Priya  :  Kuch  nahin.  Aur  mein  bilkul  chhutti  nahin  le  sakti.  And  I'm  going  to  meet  Papa  after  my  classes. 

Ram, grumbles  :  Thik  hai,  I'll  pick  you  up  from  there. 

Ram  leaves.  Priya  enters  her classes.

Ram  cannot  concentrate  on  his  work  the  whole  day.  He's  very  distracted  and  after  every  few  minutes,  his  thoughts  turn  to  Priya.  He  cannot  help  thanking  God  that  his  Priya  was  safe,  out  of  danger.  He  thinks  he  should  share  this  news  with  Vikram  also  and  picks  up  the  phone  to  make  a  call.  Automatically,  on  remembering  Vikram,   his  eyes  turn  to  look  at  the  cup  and  he  looks  blankly!  The  cup  is  not  there  !  He  looks  throughout  the  room  but  cannot  see  it  anywhere.  He  gets  agitated  and  calls  his  secretary.

Ram  :  There  used  to  be  an  upturned  cup  on  my  table.  Where  is  it?

Secy  :  Sir,  I'm  sorry  but  I  don't  know.  I'll  just  speak  to  the  peon  and  find  out.

She  leaves  the  room.  Ram  paces  the  room,  suddenly  very  disturbed.  He  still  doesn't  believe  in  Vikram's  theory  but  somehow  that  cup  had  come  to  represent  Priya  to  him;  in  his  office. 

His  secretary  returns.

Ram  :  Did  you  find  out?

Secy  :  Sorry  Sir,  the  peon  was  dusting  the  room  when  it  fell  and  broke.

Ram  is  about  to  ask  about  the  coin  but  stops.  He  asks  her  to  leave.

Ram  checks  the  time.  It's  a  liitle  past  3.30.  He  does  a  quick  mental  calculation.  Priya  would  have  finished  with  her  classes  at  3,  reached  her  parents'  home  by  3.30,  and  would  finish  talking  to  them  by  4. 

He  decides  to  go  immediately  and  pick  her  up.

He  cancels  a  meeting  scheduled  for  5.30  and  leaves.

Outside  Sharma  House

It's  just  after  4.  Ram  stops  the  car  outside  and  decides  to  call  up  Priya.  He  doesn't  really  want  to  meet  any  of  her  family  members  now.  Nor  does  he  want  to  meet  the  tall  lady  who'd  made  him  carry  her  shopping  bags  one  day.

Priya  :  Hi

Ram  :  Tum  niche  aa  jayo.  I've  reached.

Priya  :  Kahan?

Ram  :  Tumhare  papa  ke  ghar.  Aur  kahan?

Priya  :  Itna  jaldi?  Ab  toh  mein  class  se  bhi  nikli!

Ram  :  Kya!  But  your  classes  are  over  by  3.

Priya  :  Yes,  but  I  was  preparing  my  lecture  for  tomorrow. 

Ram  :  Tumne  yeh  thodi  bataya  tha  subah  !

Priya  :  Mr.  Kapoor,  even  if  I'd  left  right  after  my  classes,  it  would  have  taken  me  at  least  an  hour  to  get  an  auto  and  reach  home.  Phir  Papa  se  baat  karne  ke  liye  2-3  hours toh  chahiye !

Ram  :  Hadh  hoti  hai.  Tum  itni  der  kya  baat  karogi?  Milne  jaa  rahe  ho  ..  bas  mil  lo  !  Baaki  baat  toh  tum  phone  pe  bhi  kar  sakte  ho  na  !

Priya  is  silent.

After  some  time  she  replies  :  Main  kitne  din  baad  jaa  rahi  hoon..  at  least  do  ghanta  toh  baithungi  na..

Ram  is  not  happy  :  Ok  '  then  I'll  meet  you  at  home.

Priya  :  Ok.

Ram  decides  not  to  go  back  home  alone  and  instead  calls  back  his  client  and  reschedules  his  5.30  meeting  for  6  and  drives  back  to  office.  He's  wondering  how  women  can  spend  so  much  time  talking  !

Priya  reaches  Sharma  House.  Sudhir  &  Shipra  are  very  happy  to  see  her.  On  Sudhir's  advice,  Shipra  decides  not  to  tell  anything  about  Natasha  to  Priya  so  that  she  is  not  worried  unnecessarily.

Shipra  goes  in  to  make  tea  for  Priya.

Priya  sits  chatting  with  her  father  and  explains  that  she  has  to  leave  very  soon.

Sudhir  :  Beta,  you've  just  come.  Why  do  you  have  to  go  so  soon?

Priya  :  Nahin,  woh  Mr.  Kapoor  ghar  pe  wait  kar  rahe  hai.

Sudhir  smiles  :  Priya,  ab  tum  comfortable  ho  na  waha  pe?  Ram  bahut  accha  insaan  hai.  I'm  sure  he  takes  full  care  of  you.

Priya  nods  shyly  :  Haan  Papa.

Sudhir  :  You  are  comfortable  in  your  relationship,  right? 

Priya  :  Haan  Papa.

Sudhir  asks  slowly  :  I  know  my  daughter  has  fallen  in  love,  Priya.  And  I'm  very  happy  for  you.  I  was  so  worried  about  you  for  all  these  years  but  now  I  wait  why  God  made  us  wait  till  now.  You  couldn't  have  got  a  better  person  than  Ram  as  your  husband.

Priya  ,  smiles  :  Haan  Papa  woh  bahut  accha  insaan  hain.  Pata  nahin  Papa  ..  ki  hamara  rishta  kya  hai..  pyar  ka  hai,  ya  dosti  ka  hai .. ya  kuch  aur  hai..  par  jo  bhi  hai,  bahut  khoobsurat  hai.

Shipra   also   overhears   this.  She  comes  and  hugs  her  daughter  with  tears  in  her  eyes  :  Bas,  tu  khush  reh  beta .. hum  sirf  itna  chahte  hai.

Priya  finishes  her  tea  and  leaves  for  Kapoor  Mansion.  Shipra  however  makes  her  promise  that  she  will  come  back  soon  and  spend  at  least  two  nights  with  them.

Kapoor  Mansion 

Priya  reaches  home  and  runs  to  her  room.  But  Mr.  Kapoor  is  not  there.  She  calls  up  Bansi  Kaka  who  affirms  that    Mr.  Kapoor  has  not  yet  returned  home.  Priya  wonders  where  Ram  is  but  is  too  shy  to  call  up  and  ask.  She  decides  to  go  and  spend  time  with  Daadi  and  Rishabh.

She's  just  about  to  enter  Daadi's  room  when  she  meets  Niharika.

Nih  :  Hello  Priya,  how  was  your  day?

Priya  :  Thik  tha..  aur  aapka?

Nih  :  Very  good.  She  gives  a  big  smile.

Nih  :  Aur  Ram  kahan  hai?

Priya  :  Pata  nahin.  Shayad  office  mein  honge'..  mein  Daadi  se  milke  aati  hoon.

Nih  :  Woh  toh  hai  nahin.

Priya  :  Daadi  nahin  hai?  Kahan  gayee?

Nih  :  Ram's  first  cousin,  Arjun  is  very  unwell.  Unke  ghar  se  phone  aaya  tha.  Toh  Daadi  Punjab  wapas  chalee  gayee.  Rishabh  has  also  gone  with  her.  They've  just  left  '.  Around  10  minutes  back.

Priya  :  Ohh..  mujhe  pata  nahin  tha.  Rishabh  ne  bhi  call  nahin  kiya.

Niharika  :  Rishabh  ne  Ram  ko  bata  diya  hoga.

She  smiles  and  leaves.

Priya  goes  back  to  her  room  slowly.

She  sits  on  the  sofa  and  tries  to  read  a  book. 

It's  after  8   when  Ram  returns.

Ram  :  Hi  !  kab  aayee?

Priya  :  Long  back.  She  pouts.

Ram  :  Bahut  pehle  kaise?  I  don't  understand.  Tum  mujhe  poora  hisaab  do.  Kitne  baje  kahan  gayee.

Priya  :  Woh  maine  auto  ke  liye  wait  nahin  kiya .. taxi  le  liya..  and  papa  ke  paas  bhi  sirf  half  an  hour  hi  baithi. 

Ram  smiles  :  Yeh  baat  jab  maine  bola,  toh  tumne  mujhe  daant  diya  !

Priya  also  smiles  :  Par  Mummy  ne  promise  karvaya  hai  ki  I  have  to  go  and  stay  for  2  days  with  them,  very  soon.

Ram  :  What????  Why?????

Priya  :  Mr.  Kapoor,  woh  mera  ghar  hai.  Main  nahin  jaa  sakti?

Ram  :  Ja  sakto  ho .. par  '  he  scrateches  his  forehead  and  wonders  what  to  say.  He  knows  he  doesn't  have  any  logical  explanation  for  this.

Priya  waits  for  some  time  and  continues.:  Aur  phir  ghar  aake  Daadi  bhi  nahin  mili.  Pata  nahin  kitne  din  baad  milungi '.. mujhe  phone  bhi  nahin  kiya  kisine.  Main  Rishabh  se  bahut  gussa  hoon.

Niharika   enters  the  room  suddenly,  with  Mamaji.  She  has  some  papers  which  she  wants  Ram  to  sign.

Ram  sits  down  and  starts  signing  the  documents.  He  looks  towards  Priya  and  continues  their  conversation.

Ram  :  Yeh  kitne  din  baad  matlab?  They'll  come  back  in  2  days  !

Priya  :  Punjab  se  itni  jaldi  aa  jayenge ?

Ram  :  Punjab ..?  Who's  gone  to  Punjab ? 

Niharika  :  Ram,  woh  kisika  phone  aaya  tha.  Shayad  Bansi  Kaka  ne  uthaya  tha.  Arjun  is  very  unwell  and  wanted  to  meet  Daadi.

Ram  :  Haan,  par  Arjun  shifted  to  Pune  2  years  back  !  Daadi  aur  Rishabh  toh  Pune  gaye  hai.  Daadi  ne  mere  se  baat  ki  hai.  She'll  come  back  in  2  days.

Niharika  is  zapped.  She  quickly  takes  the  papers  and  leaves  the  room,  followed  by  her  brother.

Shiney  :  Sweety,  tera  planning  kuch  kamzor  ho  gaya  hai.  Itna  mehnet  karke  sirf  Pune  tak  bheja?

Niharika  is  furious  and  resorts  to  her  time  tested  methods  of  controlling  her  pressure  and  anger.

Crashhh'goes  one  expensive  vase.  Crashhh  'goes  another.

Shiney  hurriedly  leaves  the  room.

Ram  gets  up  to  change  his  clothes.  Priya  is  smiling,  very  happy  now.  Ram  is  also  back  and  Daadi  and  Rishabh  will  also  be  back  soon.

Ram  comes  back  from  the  changing  room.

Priya  :  Aapne  change  nahin  kiya?

Ram  :  Kal  tumhara  chhutti  hai  ya  kal  bhi  lecture  dena  hai?

Priya  :  Nahin,  kal  toh  Saturday  hai.  Holiday.

Ram  :  Chalo  phir,  jaldi  chalo.

Priya  :  Kahan?

Ram  :  Pune.  It's  just  a  2  and  half  hour  drive  from  here.  You'll  get  to  meet  Arjun.  We  can  stay  till  Sunday  and  drive  back  in  the  evening  with  Daadi  and  Rishabh.

Priya  gets  up  immediately,  happy  :  Haan.  Par  samaan  kya  pack  karu?

Ram  :  I  always  have  a  suitcase  packed  with  2  sets  of  clothes.  You  should  also  be  prepared  and  organized  like  me.

Priya  :  Mr.  Kapoor,  aap  office  ke  kaam  se  jaate  rehte  hain.  Main  kahan  jaati  hoon?

Ram  :  Kyon,  ab  mere  saath  chalogi  na?

Priya  :  Haan.  woh  toh'

Ram ,  interrupts  :  Chalo,  ab  kuch  bhi  pack  kar  lo.  I'll  arrange  for  some  packed  food.  Meet  me  in  the  car  in  10  minutes.

Priya,  excited,  hurriedly  stuff  some  clothes  in  a  small  suitcase.  She's  down  in  15  minutes.

Ram  is  already  in  the  car,  all  set.  He's  selecting  some  CDs  to  play.

Priya  gets  in. 

Ram  :  Not  bad.  You  were  down  in  15  minutes.  Chalo,  ab  seat  belt  laga  lo.

Priya  :  Abhi  nahin  please.  When  we  reach  the  highway,  tab  laga  loongi.

Ram  :  No,  now.

Priya  shakes  her  head  and  doesn't  listen.

Ram  reaches  across  her  and  pulls  the  seat  belt.  His   right  hand  softly  brushes  past  her  shoulder,  her  left  hand,  her stomach.

Priya   closes  her  eyes  and  shivers  at  the  contact.  Ram's  face  is  also  very  close  and  she  can  feel  his  warm  breadth.

Ram   fastens   the   seat   belt   slowly  and  then  starts  the  car.

The  car  makes  its  way  towards  Pune.

Priya   opens  her  eyes  after  some  time  and  stares  at  her  husband  in the  darkness.  She  realises,  in  embarassment,  that  she  has to  learn to control  her  emotions.

End  of  chapter  1

Edited by lolita_lahiri - 12 years ago
Wonderful Lalitha..

Our boring Weekends without BALH depends on your update dear...

Pls continue soon..
very nice waiting for tomorrow
wen is the next part ji..  romantic  end  πŸ˜‰
Lalita

Amazing update!! Everytime I read urs, I feel that CV's should utlitize from ur written Os!
kaash.. aise hota!!

Loved it!! Thanks for making the weekends better!

Thanks alot lolita ji for ur update r the weekend busters continue soon
i loved it Lolitha..will wait for next chapter..😳
thanks for this wonderful FF..πŸ˜ƒ
awesome...very beautiful...

hi lalitha every time i read ur update in fb page really u r da saviour for weekends very well written plz update it soon
hellozzz lalitaji!!!!😳

honestly speaking i was desperately waiting for ur update...nd 4 tht i kept on checking the forum d whole day...i read ur update at d very moment u updated through my cellfone...just got an opportunity to comment...

ur updates our really out of the worldπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...life -savers for the craziest fans like me...plz update the next 1 asap...eagerly waiting for it!!!!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
thanks

shraddha

😳