Posted: 12 years ago
Hey!
Was thinking from a long time to post this suggestion.

Almost all newbies start their journey on IF with a wrong post.😆 They either start a help topic, or an introduction thread, or they post pictures in a new topic, etc. Basically, their first post is mostly one which is not allowed🤔.
So, why don't we have a small tutorial kind thing for newbies. As soon as they validate their email, or maybe even before that, the newbies are shown a video/flash file which takes them on a journey through IF. Tells them the basic things like where to post questions, where to post pictures, where to introduce themselves.. and ofcourse certain basic things IF offers. They can also be given the link to the FAQ section.

Similarly, a default PM system can be introduced. All newbies get a PM from the IF server (similar to what we get when we create a new email) which leads then to the FAQ section, so that most of their doubts are cleared.

This would greatly reduce the number of unnecessary topics which are created on a daily basis.

I hope that made sense😳

Regards,
Stuti
Fab idea...It would greatly reduce the clutter.
It's definitely a great idea , Stutz 🤗 And that FAQ thread is really useful! But as Newbies don't know about it , they face problems! The best example is - me 🤣
That's a great idea Stuti, I hope higher DT takes it into consideration :)
Stuti,
have talked to Vijay about it and he said he may consider it:)

Originally posted by Aahaana

Stuti,
have talked to Vijay about it and he said he may consider it:)

Thanks meli di😊
Okay, we will get to know if he does consider it.
that's a great idea ðŸ˜Š
fab idea stutz...yeah everyone'sfacing this problem...its really needed
Posted: 11 years ago
Great idea dear ..its very much needed for the newbies
Posted: 11 years ago
ur idea is good... i totally agree with u, stutz.😊 we'll make newbies understand a lot...