TOI: My mind is my temple-Mouli

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT 
My mind is my temple and religion,my karma 

... says TV actress Mouli Ganguly,who doesnt believe in branding God with different names 

Ibelieve in God,but not particularly in idol worship or in a ritualistic way of connecting to God.I dont have a particular day or time for my prayers.The only prayer I have continued saying from childhood is Thank you God for everything. I dont believe in perfect lines,words,pronunciation or right or wrong way of a prayer.I only believe in its honesty,purity and intention.Also,I prefer having direct contact with god rather than having mediators like religious gurus to communicate with him.My philosophy in life is simple what you sow is what you reap.
I like searching myself internally and searching for truth,so I do like going for Vipassana.I meditate,chant,whatever makes me feel connected to my inner being.When the mind is free from conditioning,you feel free and happy and also learn to control your cravings.I dont understand the idea of forming groups in the name of God because I believe theres only one God.I dont believe in branding God.I dont follow any particular god or saint or deity.I dont visit any religious place regularly.For me,my mind is my temple and religion,my karma.I have been to Kanyakumari and love the serenity of the place,and would love to spend hours there completely alone.I do meditate especially in the morning or before going to bed,at least for 15 minutes to whatever time I have at hand.
Im not superstitious as it usually originates from insecurity and ignorance.I find it strange that people who have grown up in a community with certain ideology,a system of beliefs religious or otherwise may accept lot of things without questioning them,mostly out of fear of hell after death,blind faith or ignorance! 
I never believe in anything out of blind faith.My motto is to follow your heart,apply your mind and you will find the truth.Forgiveness (seeking and giving ) is another way which I do practice mentally many times a day,it makes me feel so much lighter.Choosing happy thoughts over bad ones.Its nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.Life is all about choices and one must take the responsibility for ones choices.

As told to Lisa Antao 

CLARITY OF THOUGHTS: Mouli Ganguly 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago