Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Dalisay. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

No Bollywood for me, can't handle stardom: Adaa Khan.

Bollywood doesn't interest her
Her caller tune greets one with the song Ada Aay Hay Ada (from Garam Masala), which is enough to pep up the chat with perky telly actress Adaa Khan.

Much like her on screen avatar, Adaa's real personality reflects a speak up front attitude. "I am bold and strong in real life too. I'm very out spoken and can't stand any wrong doings. I give it back when required. Recently, I slapped someone for eve teasing," shares Adaa.

Adaa has played strong characters in shows Behenien and Amrit Manthan. Ask her if those were conscious efforts to prove a point to producers and she says, "I like different kinds of roles that are challenging. I like to put in 100% in whatever I do. I don't prefer characters that are too sweet or quiet. I like different shades in my character. I've done romantic sequences, but my role needs to stand out." Adaa further adds, "Though I am shown making certain sacrifices for my family in my current show, it's not depicted as the usual run of the mill storyline."

Adaa says she is not "very ambitious" and takes "life as it comes. I let god decide for me. I consider myself lucky - I was offered a role in the TV show Havan, but Rajan (Shahi) sir told me to wait and gave me this lead role which has grey shades - unusual compared to the other lead roles."

Adaa has so far done shows that have focused on sisters. Is that a coincidence? Does she have a sister in real life too? She says with a laugh, "I have two brothers. I feel God wants me to experience a complete life, so I am getting to do shows where my character has many sisters."

Adaa feels the regressive way in which women characters are portrayed on TV is passe. "Today most bahus share a great rapport with their saas, and girls are encouraged to study and work. Audience is also educated and modern, and they no more like to watch regressive shows. Society is progressing and so is television. I am very happy with the way the content of TV shows are changing," she avers.

And like most of her contemporaries, she doesn't surprise us when she confesses acting was never on her priority list. "I never thought about acting, as I always believed I was too pleasantly plump to be an actor. Once a friend spotted me in a restaurant and asked me to try my hand in print commercials. That's when my journey in showbiz started. If I wasn't acting, I guess I might have done something in fashion designing as I was doing a course in it," says Adaa.

As of now, Adaa doesn't want to graduate to films from telly. "I love doing television shows as I get space and time to enjoy my social life - I am happy that I get to enjoy pani puri on the streets. Life is sorted out for you when you are just doing television. It changes completely when one moves to films. I don't think I will be able to handle stardom!" says Adaa. Famous last words, until B'wood beckons!

-----------------------------------------------------
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/No-Bollywood-for-me-cant-handle-stardom-Adaa-Khan/articleshow/12748415.cms
Mrs.KimJongin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
action sequence in amrit manthan ...

Interesting track coming up in Rajan Shahi's ongoing daily soap Amrit Manthan on Life OK, to entertain the audience with its crisp story line.

We have seen in the show that Nirmit (Ankita Sharma) loses her memory and goes back to her childhood days after Agam's (Navi Bhangu) death in the show. Our source says that ,"Now in the forthcoming episode of the show we will see that Amrit (Adaa Khan) will help Nimrit and will take care of Nimrit and her kids henceforth.

High on drama after Agam's death, yet another interesting track will be shown where Amrit will rescue Nimrit. There will be an action sequence involved whereby Amrit will save Nimrit who will loose her balance while roaming on the terrace. She will be shown hanging on the rooftop and Amrit will do an action packed sequence to save her."

On the same we tried contacting Amrit a.k.a Adaa Khan to tell us about her experience shooting for this action sequence but she remained unavailable to answer.

Well will Amrit be able to save Nimrit? To know more don't miss to watch Amrit Manthan.

Krishma Solanki.
Mrs.KimJongin thumbnail
Happy Birthday Angad Hasija 

The very smashing television actor and model Angad Hasija who became famous as Alekh from Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaaiwas last seen in Savitri on Life OK.  Currently seen as Karan Chabra in Amrit Manthan, Angad has recently started shooting and is happy to be back with Director's Kut Productions who had given him a break with Bidaai

The Punjabi munda who is blessed with good looks, demeanour and talent celebrates his birthday today!

Birthday plans for today: Well, recently I've bagged a role in Life OK's Amrit Manthan, and since it's not been that long that I've joined this show getting a leave today seemed to be difficult. So it is a working day today. But as soon as everybody came to know about my Birthday, I was asked to pack-up, go home and enjoy!

A perfect Birthday according to me is: I think not just for me, but every individual would want to celebrate their birthday with their family and dear friends. And I really feel blessed to have such good people around me who make me feel special and loved. So this year my perfect birthday is going to be with my wife Pari and Daughter Angel. I'll spend the rest of my day with them and also go out for a special dinner!

Gifts that I'm getting on my birthday: I'm very fond of perfumes. And luckily I always get my favourite perfumes as a gift. Even today, I've been getting lot many gifts since morning. And the most desired gift I've got is my favourite perfume 'Gucci' from my best friend Raj.

My childhood birthday memories: Whenever I recall my childhood birthday memories, I feel so nostalgic. I must say, those were the real birthday celebrations, full of joy and masti. As a child, I used to be so excited about getting new clothes, the cake -cutting, all friends coming together for the birthday party. I miss those days.

Plan to treat co-stars on the sets: Well, Rajan Shahi Sir knows that I'm a big time chocolate cake lover! And like I said, as soon as my co-stars came to know about my birthday on the sets, they surprised me with a big yummy chocolate cake.  As far as the treat is concerned, I've decided to take my team for a dinner, not today, but soon.

My birthday ritual: There is no particular birthday ritual as such, but because my Mumma is not staying here with me, the very first thing I did in the morning is I called her up. And just like every day, even today, I had been to the mandir, as I always keep a fast on Fridays.

I would like to thank all my fans for their wishes: To be loved and followed by so my people is a nice feeling. I would like to thank each and everyone who have wished me. You won't believe but I'm flooded with lots of messages, e-mails and gifts since yesterday. However, I try to reply to as many as I can. 

To all my fans: My birthday is for you, by you and with you!

We at TellyBuzz wish Angad a very Happy Birthday and a wonderful year ahead!

Mrs.KimJongin thumbnail
Nimrit to regain her memory and karan to fall in love with Nimrit 

Director's Kut Production's Amrit Manthanon Life OK witnessed Agam's (Navi Bhangu) death and the killer Karan is currently staying with Nimrit (Ankita Sharma). Nimrit who is in state of shock has gone insane and is behaving like a five years old kid.

Our source informs us that the upcoming episodes show, "The hate and angry relationship between Karan (Anjad Hasija) and Nimrit will turn positive. They will also become best of friends as Karan will realize the hidden grief of Nimrit after she has lost her husband."

Furthermore, "Karan will fall in love with Nimrit who is five years elder to him but Nimrit will be unaware about Karan's love. However, she will consider him a good companion. Eventually, Nimrit will regain her memory and soon she will also fall in love with Karan."

When contacted Ankita Sharma she said, "As of now Karan and Nimrit are friends and while Nimrit is unaware of the feeling but may be eventually Karan and Nimrit will fall in love."

Mrs.KimJongin thumbnail
Story of a great Bonding .. Ankita .. Ananya 

Apart from the on-screen relations, what matters a lot for the actors is their off-screen relations with their co-actors. Rajan Shahi'sAmrit Manthan has formed a very good off-screen relation between two actors. We are talking about Ankita Sharma aka Nimrit andAnanya Agarwal aka Bani whose relation has grown far more beyond friendship.

Our source from the sets informed us, "Ankita and Ananya have become very close friends. They do everything together right from sharing their food to playing pranks on the sets."

TellyBuzz spoke to Ankita to know more about their friendship story. She said, "Both of us share a very good bonding with each other. She is very sweet and very friendly and this is how our friendship happened. She is so cute and she keeps on saying, "Mumma I love you" to me."

Talking about the offset masti they do, she told us, "We do a lot of masti together. We stick tails on everybody's back, we call anyone by his/her names and then run away, we say 1,2,3 then shout 'Spot Dada Paani' whenever we need water and if someone scolds Ananya then both of us make a plan as how to trouble that person (laughs). These kinds of masti both of us keep doing on the sets."

Our source also said, "Ankita and Ananya are big foodies and they can always be seen sharing their lunch together."

Speaking on the same, she said, "We share out lunch together. Both of us love litchis a lot so both of us like to eat them together. We also like to have Kinder Joy together."

Sharing about some of the fondest memories with her, Ankita told us, "We teach each other poems and play games together. She has a box of clips of her own and whichever matches the color of my clothes she keeps on giving that to me. She wears my slippers and keeps on roaming here and there. We do a lot of mimicry. Even though we don't share the same make-up room she always stays in my room with me. I am learning to play guitar these days and I give her the lessons too."

"Bani is very good and an intelligent girl and she catches things quickly. I myself feel like a 5 year old kid when I am with her," concludes Ankita.

We hope this sweet friendship grows with time! 

Mrs.KimJongin thumbnail
Angad attempts to Kill Nimrit ..

Director's Kut Productions' Amrit Manthan is going to have some more twist and turns for its viewers in its upcoming episodes and soon will be revealing a big truth.

Our source informs us that, "In the upcoming tracks of the show, a big drama awaits for the viewers as Angad (Angad Hasija) will attempt to kill Nimrit (Ankita Sharma). The incident will be happening in the party of Mahi and Sunita's wedding anniversary celebration. A big truth will also be revealed before the audiences about the person who is behind all the life threats that Nimrit was getting. The big twist in tale is that Angad was the person who was threatening Nimrit."

It will be interesting to watch as how the drama unfolds and how the story will move forward after the truth will be revelaved.

We tried contacting Angad Hasija but he remained unavailable for comment. 

Anwesha Kamal