DC: Dimple, Adaa play sisters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Dimple, adaa play sisters

Dimple Jhangiani and Adaa Khan
Dimple Jhangiani and Adaa Khan

When pride and greed seep into family relationships, it can ruin the bond between two sisters. That's the essence of the new show Amrit Manthan. Playing the two sisters, Amrit and Nimrit who go from being best friends to the worst enemies, are Adaa Khan and Dimple Jhangiani. Both are a couple of serials old and coincidentally, started their careers in modeling before debuting on TV.

Dimple began with Ekta Kapoor's show Kuch Iss Tara. She hasn't done badly in her career but could have done better had she not decided to quit acting after playing leads in Hum Dono Hain Alag Alag and Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat. "I was signed forRam Milayi Jodi to replace Priyal Gor. But because of personal reasons I decided to leave showbiz for good and the role went to Sara Khan," she recalls. So, how and why did she change her mind? "I started getting bored at home. Since I was not in touch with the industry for more than a year I lost all contacts. Then suddenly I got a call from Rajan Shahi's office for Amrit Manthan. But I said no because I wasn't sure about coming back," she says.

Dimple is lucky that the producer didn't find the right actress for almost six months. "They called me again and this time I went for a look test. Rajanji insisted that he wanted me to play Nimrit and I didn't want to say no a second time," she adds. Speaking about her role she says, "Nimrit is a humble and down to earth girl. Though she is a rajkumarishe doesn't behave like one. She places more importance on values and principles than on money and pride."

But Amrit played by Adaa is the opposite. "For her, money talks," says Adaa who was the producer's only choice for the role. "Actually, I had auditioned for an important role in Havan. But Rajanji told me that he wanted me for another show. I waited for six months and turned down quite a few serials." Adaa admits that her character has grey shades. "She loves her mother and sister but she can go to any length, even murder to protect her own interests," she adds. Incidentally in her last show Behenein Adaa had killed her husband.

However, the character was very popular and Adaa is hoping that Amrit will get a similar response. As for Dimple, she is hoping that her comeback will not go unnoticed.