~SSK 12th March 2012 WU~

Yaminibandi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hooked thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Such a boring episode...no talk of anything except food, food and food and lack of food and hungry people !!!

Is the director of this show on leave or has that person gone on a crash diet and hence can only obsess about food all the time ??

Honestly - all I see is Simar-Roli putting up flowers, and SR cooking and SR entertaining and SR serving and SR cooking all over again. How much cooking do they have to do all day long ? And even for massive parties - they have to cook ? No extra help ? They really expect us to believe that ?

What will they show next ? Them washing the jhooti plates too ? Coz I don't see any help in this household - even from Sujata !! 
sheenug thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@hooked…
Some people are like that only….even in this century it happens….

In fact it happened to me last year….my husband's aunt called me to her place to celebrate her son's (my brother in law's) birthday. I was happy as my brother in law is a little kid of 9-10 year old only and very cute. When my husband's aunt called me for extra help in cooking to her place…i was quite excited about it. But when i reached there she made me cook 5-6 main course dishes with snacks and sweet dish and that too for 30-40 people. She never helped me in the kitchen and being a new daughter in law …i cant even utter a word. i was glad that my husband helped me in frying bhatura's and samosa's otherwise i would have never completed that food on time. I did my job happily but that time also i thought that she didn't help me in anything. I just did it as i wanted to build a good relationship with her and for my husband's sake as he was happy.

Second time she called me again to stay with her in my holidays. I thought that she is calling me out of love for daughter in law. I was supposed to stay there for at least 10-15 days. She was ok when my husband was there but when he went her attitude changed towards me. She actually called me for baby sitting as here in the U.S baby sitting is expensive and not out of love for daughter in law. I came to know about this thing as due to some urgent work in college i had to leave early from her place. At first she didn't allow me to go and when i insisted she said that i can go but i have to come back in a day as i don't have any baby sitter for all these days when ur supposed to stay here. When i was about to leave her place, last day she said that her sister is coming so she wants me to cook rajma, chole-bhature, matar paneer for 10-15 people, which i did, without even uttering the word. But i was initially hurt.
 I would be more than happy to help her if she would have told me directly that she needs help but she tricked me for babysitting and cooking. 
hooked thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Sheenug - Am sorry about your experience. This was not done.

But am glad this has wisened you up to her tricks for ever now ! Next time she calls you, you'll be pre-warned and all u have to do is think of a good excuse why your trip can't be very long - or just plain don't go sometimes.

Sometimes one will have to pitch in - I don't have a MIL so everytime I visit my FIL - obviously I end up doing most things and the entire cooking of course as it provides a change of taste too. I honestly don't resent it coz he's an old man and deserves good care.

But the thing is that some people consider a DIL as free labor - just like Mataji - and so - just like Mataji  -they will eventually lose respect too 😈.
sagark thumbnail
Hey sorry to hear about your experencies but what mathaji is doing with simar and roli is really wrong thats what i feel. I was just wondering that why is that ramu kaka in the house for then if roli and simar have to do all the cooking, washing of vessels etc. I cant understand that inspite of having a servant the bahus have to do all the cleaning and cooking in the house and they dont even get time with their husbands except when they go to bed. What nonsense is this. Cant ramu kaka wash the vessels and do the cleaning and dusting of the house and the cooking or he is just being paid without doing anything. And secondly when simar and roli were not married in this house i think uma and pari were the ones who used to do everything and suddenly now they cant manage things, dont tell me that now they even forgot to cook. And what is that chachi doing in the house, cant she cook. She is only shown when she needs to criticise roli or simar. Imagine even on a occasion simar and roli have to be 24/7 in the kitchen slogging and the others enjoy. Cvs pls show some sense in the show, we viewers are not dumb to believe all this.
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sheenug

@hooked'

Some people are like that only'.even in this century it happens'.

In fact it happened to me last year'.my husband's aunt called me to her place to celebrate her son's (my brother in law's) birthday. I was happy as my brother in law is a little kid of 9-10 year old only and very cute. When my husband's aunt called me for extra help in cooking to her place'i was quite excited about it. But when i reached there she made me cook 5-6 main course dishes with snacks and sweet dish and that too for 30-40 people. She never helped me in the kitchen and being a new daughter in law 'i cant even utter a word. i was glad that my husband helped me in frying bhatura's and samosa's otherwise i would have never completed that food on time. I did my job happily but that time also i thought that she didn't help me in anything. I just did it as i wanted to build a good relationship with her and for my husband's sake as he was happy.

Second time she called me again to stay with her in my holidays. I thought that she is calling me out of love for daughter in law. I was supposed to stay there for at least 10-15 days. She was ok when my husband was there but when he went her attitude changed towards me. She actually called me for baby sitting as here in the U.S baby sitting is expensive and not out of love for daughter in law. I came to know about this thing as due to some urgent work in college i had to leave early from her place. At first she didn't allow me to go and when i insisted she said that i can go but i have to come back in a day as i don't have any baby sitter for all these days when ur supposed to stay here. When i was about to leave her place, last day she said that her sister is coming so she wants me to cook rajma, chole-bhature, matar paneer for 10-15 people, which i did, without even uttering the word. But i was initially hurt.
 I would be more than happy to help her if she would have told me directly that she needs help but she tricked me for babysitting and cooking. 

Sorry to hear about ur exp...from nowonwards dont visit tht aunt and when u do prepare really bad food so tht she never calls u again :)
dont worry abt spoiling relationship these kind of relatives are parasites they'll never help u but expect everything in return.So its necessary to show them their correct places in the beginning itself else they'll always harass u
Edited by niharika_n - 12 years ago
sheenug thumbnail
Thanks to all for supporting me….
After that incident when i reached home i told everything to my husband. I also told my husband that i don't want to go there, as she told me that i have reach there (aunt's home) by next morning. At first my husband ignored the situation as he thought that his aunt will feel bad if i don't go. 

But then he supported me, he called his aunt and told her that my college work is not over, so i can't go. After that incident we didn't go to her place.

I don't want to break my husband's relation with his aunt so i keep on insisting him to meet her. But my husband always say he don't need such relation who are evil from inside. 

sheenug thumbnail
i know most of the girls cook in their in-laws house completely. But in my case i felt bad because she compared me with her baby sitter. Also tricked me for her kitty party that her sister is coming but later she said that her sister didn't came so she arranged kitty party with that food. Also my husband later on told me that she is not in talking terms to her sister. 
Whenever i go to her place she made me cook, wash utensils, clean house and also babysitting for my brother in law and if thats not enough she also arrange some party and made me cook for the entire day for the party. 
She is a character like mataji in SSK, who believes that bahu's are just servant not more that.

Edited by sheenug - 12 years ago