monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Juhi ousted?

Juhi Parmar finds herself out of Anuj's home production after their split

Back to Section Stories

Sapana Patil Poojary

Juhi Parmar
Juhi Parmar and Anuj Saxena's love story was big news, their split even bigger. Now the two have also fallen out professionally. Juhi was set to act in Maverick Productions' serial, which also starred Anuj. The show also marked Nausheeen Ali Sardar's comeback. However, post-split, Juhi and Anuj's relationship seems to have soured. They have now stopped talking to each other. Aware of their obvious discomfort with each other, the production house decided  to replace her. 

This news comes as a surprise as Anuj is known for his professionalism. Anuj refuses to elaborate on the reasons for letting his personal life affect his work with a cool, "No comments," he says.   

Anuj Saxena
Juhi, on her part, says tersely, "I am not aware of any developments regarding the show."

The two were also paired together in Kumkum before Anuj's character died an untimely death. So would the break-up have any impact on their professional relationship? To this she replies firmly that she does not want to talk about the issue. 

Time constraints have always been an issue with Juhi and Anuj. It also played a role in their split.

Meanwhile, Juhi has been replaced by Manasi Salvi, last seen as Sati in the show of the same name. Manasi confirms the news, "It's true that I have been roped in to play the lead role in Anuj's show. It is a good role,  and comes from an equally good production house."

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

virgoqueen thumbnail
Now it's theatre production for Anuj

After venturing into production for films, television and documentaries, now its theatre for which, jack of all trades, Anuj Saxena will be pumping money into.

His Maverick Production has tied up with Nirav Parekh of Main Course Productions and their first baby will be a play titled, Psy-clone. To be staged on 18th February, this play is written and directed by Sanjay Srinivas stars Naved Aslam, Vida Samadzai (Miss Afganistan - 2003), Pratima Kazmi, Chinmai Kelkar, Monty Gill, Kavita Sharma and Raj Banerjee.

On stepping into theatre production, Anuj says, "It's an extension of my venture into the field of entertainment as I already have a production house. Also nowadays plays have their own market. It is a good business proposition. It's a co-production with Main Course Productions as they are into the field of plays since five years".

Nirav Parikh, producer, Main Course Production, who are also responsible for some good entertainers like See No Evil, Speak No Evil & Hear No Evil and Chanakyashastra adds, " As the theatre industry is growing very big all around the world, it was a viable idea to churn plays with a production house like Maverick. With this association we can create a bigger canvas and experiments more in theatre and also in the entertainment field."

We wish Anuj good luck for his new enterprise!

Edited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
N owadays, an actor is lucky to get a few days off to get married. But work compulsions in the tel- evision industry are such that going on a honeymoon remains a dream. Sam- pada Vaze, the recently-married lead of Risshton Ki Dor, is back on the set. Says she, "The last few weeks have been very hectic trying to wrap up work and make arrangements for the two wedding ceremonies." The petite model-turned-actress mar- ried her long-time fianc, Chris George, on January 26 at her hometown Pune. She first had a church wedding, and two days later, had a Hindu ceremo- ny. The day after, the couple held a recep- tion for their friends and collegues in Mumbai . Vaze had hoped to resume work on January 31 but was too exhausted after the festivities. Having postponed her honeymoon till March, she is back enacting the role of Tejaswini in the show. "It's been pretty crazy," admits Vaze, "We had an Arya Samaj wedding and then some typical Indian wedding fes- tivities. There was also a party for around 300 of our close friends and col- leagues. Now, my honeymoon just has to wait." The actor says she shot from 7 am till 2 am every day, till two days prior to the wedding to ensure that there would be a bank of her scenes till she returned to the sets. "I must be the only bride who put together her trousseau 24 hours before the wedding," she laughs. Her husband George, a half Malayali-and-half-Maharashtri- an runs his own business. He is not an avid follower of Risshton Ki Dor, but Vaze who met him at a par- ty, says he has watched her earlier show, Pyar Ki Kashti Mein, that aired on Star One. "He's not hooked onto TV soaps," she smiles. Vaze is keen to con- tinue acting, and adds, "On television, the marital status of a heroine does not make a difference to her career." Come March and she is off to Ireland for her honeymoon. "It is my dream destina- tion since my favourite book Scarlett, a sequel to Gone with the Wind, is based in that country," she ends.
monika.goel thumbnail
< id=selZoom = value=100 name=selZoom>
I s it a mere co-incidence that any project Anuj Saxena is part of, co-actor Amit Sarin also ends up being in it? Sarin first worked with Saxena in Kkusum. Then when Saxena took up Risshton Ki Dor, Sarin joined the cast as a replace- ment to Gourav Chanana. Well, it doesn't stop here, when Aroona Irani signed Saxena to play the role of a father to Barksh Bisht in Doli Saja Ke Rakhna, she got Sarin to play the role of Bisht's boyfriend. Apart from both having four letter names, their names begin with the same letter but they are very different from each other in personality and tem- parement. It will be interesting to see if Sarin ends up being featured in Saxena's next project.
monika.goel thumbnail
With love from LA!

Mr. Maverick, Anuj Saxena was in for a pleasant surprise on Valentine's Day, given by a crazy fan who hailed from saat samundar paar - Los Angeles.

The fan in question goes by the name Sheela Thakerar (in her late 50's) who travelled all the way to India to personally greet Anuj on the special day on 14th February. Here's what Sheela has to say about her charming man: "I can't pinpoint on just one reason to adore Anuj. He is handsome, successful and yet polite. I watch all his serials and also record them. In fact, I still watch Kkusum daily," she says with excitement. What's interesting is that Sheela has also landed in India before on Anuj's wedding.

Apparently, this time around it wasn't a planned trip at all. "Yes, it was impromptu. I just felt like meeting him and decided to come here," she says. Sheela gifted him flowers, a jumbo card and floating candles. "I want to give to gift him in person and took the opportunity to chat with him my heart's fill. Of course, I am not going to tell you what I spoke with him," she grins.

But unfortunately Sheela had to share this precious time of hers withan with an Indian fan of Anuj, Mala Shetty. The latter too wanted to greet Saxena personally on Valentine's. Mala says, "I like to interact with Anuj and also share with him my feedback on his shows. It will help him grow,"

So Anuj's quite a hit with the older bracket huh! So can we take the liberty of labeling him as the 'aunty's boy'!

monika.goel thumbnail
Finally, Risshton Ki Dor breaks!

After being injected with botox (read - extension of four months) in October 2006, Sony's dopahar dhamaka, Rishton Ki Dor has finally fizzled out. Today being the last day of shoot, the final episode will be televised on 29 March.

Launched with much fanfare and lots of promise a year back, this family drama, look quite a plum project with biggies like Anuj Saxena, Urvashi Dholakia and most importantly, the Adhikari Brothers backing it.

To start with the show faced a crisis when one of the leads, the light eyed Gaurav Chanana was ousted and replaced by Amir Sarin (who was last famous as Sahil of Kyunki') But what actually turned the tide against the show's TRPs was the inconsistent track flow which left the viewer confused. As quoted some time back by Anuj himself, "I think the soap has lost track from its original story. When you change the track so many times in six months, you're bound to lose audiences."

One of the leading ladies, Sampada Vaze quotes on an emotional note, "I have been informed today that the show is going off air. I am OK with it but I was quite attached to Rishton'..as we worked as a team for one and a half years." On being queried about new projects, she says, "Ideally I would like to play a modern girl, do shows like Saara Aakash, Hotel Kinston and Bombay Talkings."

The chirpy Monaz, one of the sisters of this lunch-time daily states, "I feel very sad as I had a real good time on the sets. Yes, I know this show wouldn't go on for a life-time, still it feels bad." On picking up her spirit she adds, "I suggest we should organize a farewell party. If nobody is willing, I'll take the initiative!"

With more axing in just week's time, (Anuj Saxena's Kulvaddhu being the first target), Sony seems to be hell bent to re-strategize it's programming agenda and surge ahead of its competitors - Star being the ruler of the game and Zee and Sahara One giving the channel a tough time.

So, now what's replacing Risshton ki dor? Watch this space for more

monika.goel thumbnail
Monaz, Pracheen go separate ways
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 16, 2007

The end: Monaz Mevawala and Pracheen Chauhan
Telly couple Monaz Mevawala and Pracheen Chauhan have parted ways. Of late, they have not been spotted together and onlookers insisted that something was amiss.

This was surprising as they were a much-in-love couple as reported 'Khaas Dost: Pracheen, Monaz' (HiTLIST, June 17, 2006).

Keeping quiet

Monaz features in the Zee drama Jab Love Hua and the soon-to-be axed Sony afternoon saga Risshton Ki Dor. When asked about the relationship going kaput, Monaz says, "I don't like talking about my personal life."

But goad her further and she admits that Pracheen and she are not  together. "It was a mutual decision as we realised we were not compatible."

As it is curtains for Risshton Ki Dor, Monaz has set herself a new agenda. "I am now only shooting for Jab Love Hua, so there is time on hand. I want to reinvent myself and change my look."

She is now only looking at only playing lead roles in shows. "It is time for me to think big. I don't want to play second fiddle any more."

Pracheen, who is currently seen in the Zee drama Sinndoor says, "There were certain issues and we are just giving each other time and space. It is not that we have technically split; we needed to be on our own for a while," he says.

monika.goel thumbnail

Advantage Ekta!

Sony snubs Sandiip Sikcand, invites Ekta Kapoor to take over the channel's afternoon slot

Back to Section Stories Posted On Sunday, March 18, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Subhash K Jha

The winner takes it all: Ekta Kapoor
The long list of actors, producers and directors who have languished and finally faded, after breaking away noisily from Ekta Kapoor, grows. Now, the biggest  buzz doing the rounds in  the TV industry is that Sandiip Sikcand's  astonishing  powers at Sony are now being cut to size.

And one of the master-stroke maneuvers by the Sony bosses is to bring Ekta Kapoor, the television tycoon whose company Sikcand left in the hope of greener pastures in Sony to take over the entire afternoon slab. Although Ekta  isn't talking about this massive deal, a well-paced source   from Sony says, "Ekta is currently  working on  four soaps for the afternoon   band. She has been handed over the entire afternoon slab which Sony now wants to build as a separate band. Ekta's first condition on being made the offer was that she won't have any interference from Sony personnel including Sikcand. In fact she
Sandiip Sikcand
offered to take over the afternoon slot and work on it. She has worked on various concepts and zeroed in on four dailies for Sony. Ekta's afternoon slot starts at the end of April of beginning of May."

While refusing to comment Ekta did say, "Right now I'm not at liberty to talk. Let me just say that wherever I go, I'm not out to threaten anyone."

Will Sandiip Sikcand be as sporting about the Ekta invasion on what he thought was his playing-field? Now one just has to wait and watch!

Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments
BACK TO SECTION STORIES
monika.goel thumbnail
Sampada Vaze, who plays Tejaswini in 'Rishton Ki Dor' (Sony) has these days got other interests as well. The actor is learning the German language. She says, "I had studied a bit of German in school. So, when I went to Switzerland and spoke the little I knew, I realised that I could communicate reasonably well.

Hence, I decided to learn the language fluently on return."

monika.goel thumbnail
Saas bahu aur Sampada

Saas Bahu and Saazish, Star News' daily tv gossip show is in for a rehaul ! Of late, the rumour mills have been buzzing that Riston Ki Dor's lead girl, Sampada Vaze has been approached to anchor the show.

Currently, the show is being anchored by a in-house new reader Atika Ahmed Kidwai

With similar shows being launched on rival news channels, Star News now wants to add a bit of glam quotient to the show.

A source revealed that talks are indeed on with Sampada but currently money issues have put the agreement on hold. Sampada is not happy with what she is being offered and is demanding more. She has supposedly given Star an ultimatum that either come to my terms or call it off. In fact, Saas Bahu was supposed to start shooting with the new anchor tomorrow, but somehow things haven't been fixed.