Risshton Ki Dor

Index of RKD articles (No Comments) - Page 3

ejaz_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Anuj Saxena
(Suhas in Risshton Ki Dor)
Favourite rain song: Aaj Rapat Jaye from Namak Halal. 
Favourite rain snack: Hot Samosas and Gulab Jamun.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kiran. thumbnail
Television's vamp, who is seeing music composer Sandeep Chowta, says her failed marriage has not disillusioned her.

Married at 16, twins Kshitij and Saga at 17, and divorce about a year and a half later. TV's popular vamp, Urvashi Dholakia has been single for a long time now, except for rumours of a link-up with co-star Cezanne Khan.

Now, 10 years after she has been divorced, Urvashi has admitted that she has found love again. "Yes, I am seeing Sandeep Chowta," she confirms. So, was it her failed marriage that drove her away from commitment all these years?

"Not at all! I live for the day. I've never mulled over the past nor do I think about the future. I've only seen a small part of life; some people have suffered much more than me. At least I had a very supportive family," she says emphatically.

Although her two sons are away in a boarding school, Urvashi has faith that they will be okay when she introduces them to the man in her life. "Both my sons are very understanding and they have no assumptions about me at all.

I'm sure they will be okay with whoever I'm seeing. My sons keep me going," she smiles. Interestingly, whenever she's been linked to one of her co-stars, her sons have kept cutting of such rumours.

"They keep each and every clipping of what's written about me and show them to me when they get home for vacations. Sometimes they do get a little upset and I have to make them understand that these are professional hazards, and they do understand," she says. So, when will we hear the wedding bells? "I haven't decided about any commitment yet," she says.

Recently, Urvashi had a tiff with actor Amrita Saluja when the latter said that her husband is her God and Urvashi rubbished such a thought. "I just put forth my opinion and Amrita didn't agree to it, so we had an argument.

But Amrita knows that it was my personal opinion about the issue and not about her. We have met after that and there's no problem between us. Amrita is a sweet girl, and I hope she thinks the same about me," she laughs
ejaz_lover thumbnail

Pracheen and Monaz love struck!

Another love story is blossoming in telly land! Their on screen love lives have seen a lot of heartburns, but for this couple, their off screen chemistry has sizzled in more ways than one! Sinndoor's Pracheen Chauhan (Antariksh) is madly and deeply in love with Monaz of Risshton Ki Dorr.

Monaaz and Pracheen : truely, deeply, madly
Pracheen has no intentions of hiding his steady relationship with the actress. He confirms, " It's been around 17 months that I am dating Monaz."
On being asked about their first meeting, he says, " Well, I have known her for five to six years now. I used to stay in the same complex as she did. We were very good friends and after which I lost touch with her for a while. When we met again, we realised that there is something more than friendship between us."

Talking about marriage, the actor instantly says, "We haven't thought about it yet!"
While Pracheen is all ga ga about it, Monaz chose to remain tight-lipped about her relationship........

Superstitious eh, Monaz????

Kiran. thumbnail
Chaitanya leads, finally!

After proving his prowess in the character role of Akshat in Balaji's Kahiin To

Hoga, Chaitanya Choudary finally hits bulls eye! For the very first time he will play a lead in Ankhiyon Ke Jharokon Se, a BAG Films presentation. The new soap is a one hour weekly and is slated for Star Plus.

The story revolves around three protagonists, one being Chaitanya Choudary, the other two are Muskaan Mehani (Mandy of Yeh Mari Life Hai) and Sachin Verma( of Pyaar Ki Kashti Main fame). Muskaan plays a blind girl, Roshni who is engaged to Jeet (Sachin Verma), a top ranked cop. Suraj (Chaitanya), the third angle to the love triangle, plays a small town simpleton.

"I play a school master's son, who is very naive but falls prey to bad luck."expatiates Chaitanya. He is very happy about doing a show outside Balaji, but at the same

time he clarifies, "Balaji has given me a lot I have literally experimented all shades, in their shows, which has worked in my favour."

Muskaan's comfort levels didn't permit her to disclose much about this new show. Same goes for the third lead, Sachin Verma, who was busy shooting for commercials in Mauritius and is finally back to take on television.

Rajesh Chadda, the supervising producer BAG films confirms the star cast and the channel.

"This was a telenovela given to us by Star, and from there on we developed the concept into a drama. The time slot has yet not been decided, so I can't comment on it." On being quizzed about the show's weekly status, Rajesh added, "Ankhiyon Ke ...has a concept which is radically different from our earlier shows like Kumkum, and this decision is in the best interest of the show."

The show is scheduled to hit silver screen by the end of July.

ejaz_lover thumbnail
Anuj goes green

Other than his acting, production house and pharmaceutical company, Anuj Saxena has taken another responsibility. On World Environment Day, June 5, Anuj took up a land next to his office to convert into a beautiful landscape. Along with his companions, he planted 40 saplings and has taken the responsibility of converting the land into a garden and making sure it gets good care every single day. Anuj says this is his way of giving back to the society.

Courstey:Malashetty

Kiran. thumbnail
All good things come in...multiples: Gourav

By: Divya Verma

June 9, 2006

In Sony Television's Rishton Ki Dor, Chanana plays businessman Rahul Raichand
After playing a double role and romancing two women in Yehi To Hai Woh on Star One, wooing three women is not going to be a difficult task for Gourav Chanana. His new serial Rishton Ki Dor on Sony, just a fortnight old, has this Yari Road resident doing precisely that. 

Talking about his character in his latest serial, Gourav says, "As the name suggests, the story is about human emotions and relationships. I play the role of businessman Rahul Raichand who is not the typical good guy. He has come up the hard way and after achieving success, he is used to the good life."

Gourav says that he is in seventh heaven because his new role has shades of grey. "The character of Rahul allows me to enact various emotions — he has to be mean, ruthless and savvy in his business dealings. Yet, he is totally clueless when it comes to relationships.

He is wooing three women at the same time; his boss' daughter, who is also his fianc, the second lady is a married woman and the third is a self-righteous nurse, whom he is love with," he explains.

From SAB TV's Love Mein Kabhi Kabhi to acting in the film Woh Tera Naam Tha, today Gourav is comfortable acting across the medium, be it serials, theatre or films. "I had actually never intended to be an actor.

I had always been good academically and was doing my chartered accountancy. In Air force Bal Bharti School, where I was studying, drama was a part of the Class 11 curriculum. That's what got me interested in acting. Today, I am ready to play any role as long as it's challenging," he says

Courtesy: Apurva
Kiran. thumbnail
Stairway to fright
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   June 10, 2006

I'll take the lift: Monaz Mevawalla
Monaz Mevawalla has a peculiar problem while shooting for Risshton Ki Dor. She can't bring herself to climb a flight of stairs in the studio where this Sony afternoon drama is shot.

"I don't even step foot on these steps," she says. "Due to my problem, the producers (Shri Adhikari Bros) were kind enough to shift my make-up room to the same level the shoot," she claims.

Scary seedi

The daily is shot at Mona Kapoor's Future Studios, Goregaon (E). Monaz, who features as the rebel sister Mansi in the daily, says this fear is a result of a bad fall from the staircase. "Most of the scenes are canned on the second level of the studio. This staircase connects the floor to the make-up rooms. It is narrow and steep."

Though the incident happened two months ago, Monaz still has cold feet when it comes to clambering on them. It was evening time and we had taken a break from shoot. I was in high heels and I was coming down the steps. I slipped and came crashing down. It was really painful as my tailbone was hurting badly.

I had hurt myself on my head and had a wound. The unit folks rushed towards me and were making me lie down. But, accidentally, one of the assistants let go of my head, so my head just banged against the floor leading to my black out. I realised that as a result I even had a bump on my head."

Cooperative unit

The actress says that director Gautam Adhikari and actress Urvashi Dholakia were extremely sweet to her. "He called up my father and told him what had happened. Urvashi even applied Dettol on the wound. I had only shot with her for a day. All the rest of the unit was also very co-operative."

After the incident, Monaz's make-up room was shifted to the same level and she has never stepped forth on the staircase.

"The pain remained for several days and the tailbone area was badly affected. Now, however, I am absolutely fine but still wary of that staircase which caused me so much pain," says Monaz who is also seen as Ameesha in Chuupke Chuupke on SAB.

Monaz facts

Made her acting debut as Mili in Kittie Party (Zee).
Featured as Ameesha in Astitva (Zee), Cheshta in Jassi (Sony), Rashmi in Zindagi Terri Merri Kahaani (SaharaOne).
Did her schooling at the Gujarat Law Society at Ahmedabad and college at Jaihind, Mumbai.
Courtesy: Manoj_Tina fan
Kiran. thumbnail
Monaz

Rishtoh Ki Dorr is- threads of a fun loving emotional story

Friends first or lovers? If a friend becomes a lover, I would be very lucky

My boyfriends always try to change . . .I don't have any

My worst habit is . .to be genuine and blunt

People are always surprised when . . I tell them I am a Parsi

Women can't say no when...the opposite person is totally sincere

At a party, I can't wait to . . .dance

The last time I cried was . . .Yesterday

My mother always told me to..
clean my room

My father always told me to..think

Every guy should . . . be faithful

When I look in the mirror I feel I need to go to the gym and loose a few kilos

I'll get married when...the right man walks into my life

If you heard that you'd been selected as the Sexiest woman Alive….I would first go and look at myself in the mirror

What I want to change about myself….my over sensitiveness and height

Anuj Saxena is…
very friendly

Urvashi Dholakia is…..extremely sweet and treats me like a baby

Courtesy: adee_ahsan
Kiran. thumbnail
Muskaan: Time for birthday tunes
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   June 12, 2006

Birthday gal:
Muskaan Mihani

Muskaan Mihani, best remembered as Mandy of Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony), celebrates her birthday on June 26.

Apart from planning for a bash on that day, it is introspection time for the spunky television actress.

"I really feel like celebrating this time in a big way. I want to have a good time," she says.

How old will she be? "One year older," she laughs. She sounds extremely gung-ho and there is a new-found determination in her voice, as she prepares to start anew.

Que sera sera

"Whatever happens occurs for the best," she says. "This is God's desire. His will, and I accept it. Certain things are not just meant to happen in your life and they are for your own good. There is a message for you in it. In the last one year, I have learnt a lot and emerged more stronger."

She has finally shed her jinx. Muskaan was to play the lead role of Sia in the SAB show Dor that was stalled after a month of shoot. After her track disappeared in Ye Meri Life Hai, she was pencilled in for Zee's Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa but the drama was yanked off the air even before she could be seen in it.

As both these productions never worked for her, Muskaan became wary about talking about her projects before they went on air. Now she's playing the rich brat Tara in Sony's Risshton
Ki Dor.

Gul mole

Dor producer Aroona Irani even requested her to get rid the mole from her face and she had it removed. "Yes, things did not work out but I have left all that behind me. Aroonaji did offer me a role in her new Sony show Vaidehi, but by that time I had already taken on Risshton Ki Dor. Now, I want to start afresh. Besides, Risshton Ki Dor, my commercials
keep me busy."

Mandy chali South

What about films? "There are offers from South films, I just have to balance my TV schedule to take on a film shoot. And there are offers for serials but it is a question of whether I really want to do those roles.

Playing Tara in Risshton Ki Dor is in stark contrast to my Mandy image. Raza Murad and Anju Mahendru play my parents in the show and there is so much to learn from them. In fact, I call him Raza papa!"

Courtesty: Manoj_Tina fan
Kiran. thumbnail
Urvashi gives back
Komolika' says she is comfortable playing the vamp "On a day off, I sleep till 3 pm. I don't
get much time to watch TV but when I do it's HBO, Star Movies, Will And Grace or cartoons
like Tom & Jerry"

S he still rules the prime time TV roost as the catty Komolika in Kasauti Zindagi Kay and now she's wreak ing havoc in a middle class family in the afternoons too. Urvashi Dholakia, now seen as Nayonika Abhyankar in Gautam Adhikari's Risshton Ki Dor (Sony), has been in the TV industry for a little over two decades and acted in a number of shows (Ghar Ek Mandir, Mehndi Tere Naam Ki, Kahani Teri Meri, Kabhie Souten Kabhie Saheli, Kahiin To Hoga).
Dressed in a shimmering turquoise green dress, Dholakia looked fetching even as costar for the day, yesteryear actor Raza Murad mildly flirted with her. Interestingly, Murad says, that over 14 years ago Dholakia had played the young Poonam Dhillon in Palay Khan "in which I played her father. And today, she plays a woman who flirts with me and even uses all my lines against me!" Dholakia says, "Today women are pretty vocal and I think it's time they flirted with men too. We have been at the receiving end for too long." She says Nayonika is a middle class girl who has gone through several ups and downs. "She marries Suhas, a middle class boy. They both have had their hardships and decide to marry thinking they would understand each other" In the meanwhile, she is also attracted to a man who later marries her sister-in-law.
So how different is Nayonika from Komolika? "I think Nayonika is grey compared to Komolika who is negative. Nayonika is a woman who you could identify with. In fact, I feel the story of Suhas and his three sisters in a middle class house and their problems is a commoner's story that anybody can with." Considering she's already hit the highs with Komolika, wouldn't Dholakia have preferred taking on a positive role? "I am not here to break images. If Komolika gave me the title of a vamp, so be it. I liked the character of Nayonika — she is very interesting. She reminds me of this young girl I played in a serial called Mehndi Tere Naam Ki who gets swayed by ambition." When not working, Dholakia loves to catch up on her sleep. "On a day off, I sleep till 3 in the afternoon." She doesn't get time to watch TV "but when I do it's HBO, Star Movies, Will And Grace or cartoons for me. I love Tom & Jerry. Watching them reminds me of my friend who I think is Tom while I am Jerry." She says that very few interesting roles come her way considering "they all still see me as Komolika. I had taken a break from work recently when the offer to work in Risshton Ki Dor came along. I worked in my first daily soap called Waqt Ki Raftaar about 12-14 years ago with Gautambhai (Adhikari) so I couldn't have refused him." Ask her if she nurses a desire to become a film star like her peers and she says candidly, "Unlike TV, which accepts all kind of actors from theatre, films, modelling, wannabes, has-beens everybody, films still look down upon a TV actor. And I don't like that. Today TV has enough talent and is mainly for the masses. In terms of reach, recognition, even money we are not very far behind."
Courtesty:  Malashetty