Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kiran. thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Anuj, the heartthrob of housewives!
Anuj Saxena, the protagonist of Sony's, Rishtoh Ki Dorr, is hardly visible in the plot these days. The show was earlier announced as the story of the only brother (Anuj) and his three sisters. On a hot afternoon, housewives, who are the target audience of the show, tune in to catch the cool Anuj Saxena. But with his melting appearance, ladies seem to be let down. On top of it, increased focus on Gaurav Chanana and Sampada Vaze, who have yet to connect with the audience, seems to be affecting the TRPs of Rishtoh Ki Dorr.

Anuj has been riding the success wave with Kumkum, Saara Aakash, Praatima and not to forget, Kkusum, which was flag ship show of Sony in those days till Jassi...happened. All these shows have contributed in making Anuj a heartthrob of women folk.

Coming back to Rishtoh Ki Dorr; the damage is not grave. Give us more of Anuj and see how he develops a strong rishta with the viewers. Are the producers of the show listening?

Courtesy: Manoj_Tina fan
Kiran. thumbnail
"Television is better than films"

She's been on the acting scene since 22 years and with Kasautii Zindagi Kay, Urvashi Dholakia shot to instant fame as the conniving vamp on the tube. These days she's busy with Gautam Adhikari's Risshton Ki Dorr, where she plays an overtly ambitious wife who's all out to get a good life. This striking lady shares a good rapport with every one in the unit which is quite evident from the fact that her colleague, Raza Murad, is teaching her Urdu.
Kavita Shyam
catches up with the down-to-earth actor on life beyond Kasautii…

Risshton Ki Dorr…
I play Anuj's wife, Noyonika, who is a scheming, manipulative, middle-class housewife. Her sole aim in life is to climb the social ladder by seducing a rich businessman. There is nothing moral about her. She's got a doting husband (Anuj Saxena), but she ends up having a lot of clashes with him. This character appeals to me tremendously.

Television vs Films…
I've been working for television for donkey's years now, since the Doordarshan days.Today, television has a lot of scope in terms of showcasing one's talent and portraying a wide array of emotions. It's better than films, where one has to prance around trees and change 15 clothes for a song! Television welcomes actors from all genres. Not to forget, we get all the luxuries of a film actor.

Working with Gautam Adhikari…
I've worked with him as a kid, say 14 years back, during the Doordarshan days. It was for a show, Waqt. When he approached me for Rishhton..., I had to give in as I trust and respect him totally. I was sure he'd have a good role for me and I'll

cherish my old memories.

And Kasauti...
Ekta has always offered me meaty roles and now its Gautamji's turn. Talking about Kasauti..., I have taken a six month break due to health reasons. I have played a vamp in a widely-watched show so it's logical that I won't loose my identity easily.

Stress buster...
Sleep, sleep and more sleep! I'm basically a homebird, I like to spend time with my family. I watch the sitcom, Will and Grace and cartoons like Tom and Jerry. Besides this, I try to catch on films on HBO and Star Movies.

Courtesy: Manoj_Tina fan
Kiran. thumbnail

Gaurav-Sampada at loggerheads?

After Hours Correspondent
Wednesday, June 21, 2006  19:40 IST

Apparently co-actors Gaurav Chanana (Rahul) and Samada Vaze (Tejaswini) cannot see eye to eye on the sets of Risshton Ki Dor.

Insiders reveal that they are not on talking terms and share no interaction. Reason? Sampada apparently finds the Delhi-boy too snooty!

Courtesy: Malashetty

Kiran. thumbnail

Anuj Saxena ventures into documentary films!

Anuj Saxena has added another feather to his already chequered cap - his production house Maverick productions has launched a documentary, directed by noted dircetor, Sahana Bhattacharya. The documentary is titled Fables of Birth.

Anuj Saxena

Bhattacharya, who has been awarded the "Brouillion d'un reve" by SCAM (Civil Society of Authors and Multimedia of France) has taken as long as seven years to complete the project which she refers to as 'her labour of love.'

Fables... is a story about the midwives of India and the documentary traces the lives of two such mid wives in the village of Hessady in West Bengal. It's a poignant tale about the art of midwives, which is an integral part of the rural life in India.The docu moves forward following the two women as they go about their daily chores.

"As a producer, I am always on the look out for interesting and good subjects. This was an excellent subject for us to present ourselves as serious documentary filmmakers and the subject appealed to me both as a producer and as a viewer. Documentaries especially ones like this, have huge scope internationally and our aim through this will be to project ourselves as serious people in this business. We will be presenting Fables...at major International festivals and exhibitions, starting with the documentary Exhibition/Festival, 'Sunny Side of the Doc' in France in the end of June 2006," says a visibly excited Anuj.

Stills from Fables of Birth

Bhattacharya on the other hand relied on her instincts for research to fuel her imagination to explore the subaltern lifestyle in the interior districts of Purulia in West Bengal where a large tribal population of Santhals resided. "I stayed with the community for months on end during my trips from France and closely interacted with the midwives of Hessady. Having established a comfort zone, I took my shooting crew to the villages. The tribal folk, skeptical of civilised people and their 'mean machines' opened up with spontaneity and allowed the camera crew to take an intimate peep into their lives," says the director.

Fables...seems to be an interesting piece of work and with this Maverick Productions seems to have made its first foray into thought provoking content in the industry.

Courtesy: Malashetty

Kiran. thumbnail

Niyati calling

Actor-turned-producer Anuj Saxena turns daily soap maker. He has just shot Niyati (working title), a saga about 'a modern-day happy-go-lucky girl whose life gets entrapped on the wrong side of fate'.
Though he features as Suhas in the Sony daily Risshton Ki Dor, Saxena had floated his production house, Maverick, in March last year to pursue new avenues in producing television shows, adfilms, docus as well as feature films.
Ensemble cast
Directed by Swapna Joshi with Prashant Bhatt as creative head, the cast includes newcomer Sudarshana in the title role with Mahesh Thakur, Kitu Gidwani, Amit Sadh, Sushmita Mukherjee, Aamarpali, Ila Oberoi, Manish Khanna, Shivani Gossain and Suchitra Bandekar.
Shot across various locales in Mumbai, Saxena describes Niyati as a saga of two families — The Darbars and the Chauhans — and how fate destroys these two families. "It is the story of a woman who must now live, not for herself; but for what she did not want to do or be."
Quality matters
Says Saxena, "I am looking forward my show going on air. For me, the most important thing is the quality, content and the look of the soap. Currently, the pilots we have shot, are based are either our own ideas or request from certain channels. I hope I can present viewers with shows that are better than the best."
Best remembered for his role as Abhay in Kkusum, Saxena's earlier venture was a game show, Khiladi No 1, for Zee Smile. He has also produced a documentary, Fables of Birth, directed by Sahana Bhattacharya, about the mid-wives of India.

Enlarge Image
aaj ke bigde hue bacche: Amit Sadh and Aamarpali

Contributed by Malashetty

Kiran. thumbnail
Mumbai=rude???

Mumbai……… the rudest city! Recently a survey held by Reader's Digest, one of the best-selling general interest magazine in the world, concluded Mumbai as the rudest city in the entire world. The survey was based on grounds like dropping papers to ascertain helpfulness, 'thank-you' responses from the customers and how often someone held a door open for others.

But then, we believe that's only one part of the story. Mumbai, the city that never sleeps, has people who struggle to make both ends meet - jam packed trains with people teeming out, dug up roads at every nook and corner. So when do they have the time to be sweet or polite? Rather what is their definition of being rude?

Riya V Anandwala quizzes television stars on what they think about the survey and whether they really think Mumbaikars are the rudest.

Gaurav Chanana

Gaurav Chanana-"People in Haryana are a little rude"

Though I am not from Mumbai, I have lived here enough to judge the city and its crowd. By no means, I think Mumbai is rude. It is a very subjective matter. There cannot be centralized or universal rules for cities, you see.. And the grounds on which the survey was conducted are not appealing enough. According to me, Haryana is a little rude, but then that's the way they talk, so no point generalizing!

Contributed by Manoj_Tina Fan
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Next

Not easy being a soap star...

She was born in a tiny city somewhere in Maharashtra. Daughter of an Army man, she went to schools across the country, finally settling for a college education in Pune, an MBA, and a job as a Human Resource consultant. The building she worked in happened to house an advertising agency though, and, one morning, she was coerced into doing a commercial for Pears soap. That was over four years ago. Today, far from her quiet, corporate past, Sampada Vaze is a face gaining recognition on the small screen. After playing lead character Minakshi Pillai in the unusual soap Pyar Ki Kashti Mein set aboard a cruise liner, she now tackles the part of Tejaswini in Sony Entertainment Television's family drama Rishton Ki Dorr. We knew it couldn't be easy, living the life of a soap star. What we weren't prepared for was how hard it really is. As Sampada gears up for what will definitely be a tiring day of shooting, we crouch behind her in the make-up room, recorder and camera in hand. Long hours, back-to-back shifts, poor medical facilities, the casting couch -- who would have thought these tales lay behind all that glitz and glamour? Interview: Patcy N | Photographs on set: Jewella C Miranda

Next

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
Kiran. thumbnail

Not without my…

We waylay some TV actors to find out what they simply must carry with them

Reena Thapar Kapoor

•  Urvashi Dholakia

I never leave home without checking myself out in the mirror. If I look perfect, there's no need to carry cosmetics. While make-up is optional, diet food is a must-have…for the times I need something to munch on. That, and an ice-box with water and energy drinks.

Contributed by: Manoj_Tina Fan

Kiran. thumbnail

Sampada Vaze (teju of RKD) : Beauty with brains!

To put it simply, Sampada Vaze is a beauty with brains. And this is how she would like to be known too. "I want to be known as an all-rounder, an intelligent and well-spoken girl, and not just an actor," she says.

This Pune girl — who is also a gold medallist in MBA — started off her career in a corporate firm. However, her stint with the glam world started, when she was spotted by an ad agency guy in a lift! "I was already being asked to try modelling, so I finally took the plunge," she smiles.

Soon, Sampada was flooded with assignments and she did 70-odd commercials along with music videos. Then, after turning down TV for a long time, she finally agreed to do Star One's Pyar Ki Kashti Mein, because it required shooting abroad on a cruise liner. "I couldn't relate to the roles I was being offered. I was very sure that I didn't want to do a serial in which my motherin-law was plotting to kill me and everyone was fighting all the time," she says.

The latest feather in Sampada's cap is Risshton Ki Dor, in which she plays a nurse. She says, "I can totally relate to this character, because she's a very muhphat Marathi girl, which I am in real life too, and she hails from a middle class background and has financial problems, which I have also gone through."

Unfazed by the idea of facing the camera with Anuj Saxena and Urvashi Dholakia, two biggies on the small screen, she says, "I have worked with big names like Shaan, Rajiv Menon and Vijay, who's the Hrithik Roshan of the South, so, it's not like I was over-awed by their presence. Many people tell me that I am pretty, but I think I look very normal, and I'm sure that big stars don't think any differently," she says.

Right now, Sampada wants to concentrate only on RKD and films are not something she is vying for, as her parents are sceptical about it given the infamy of casting couch and exposure, et al, attached to it. "One can expect good work on TV without shedding clothes, but it's just not possible on the big screen. I don't even go for filmi meetings, forget acting in one!" she says bluntly.

Contributed by: Kimi_dost (me😆)
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Rishton Ki Dor in dire straits

Who will bite the bait? Shilpa Saklani (left) or Narayani Shastri?

The current lead pair of Anuj Saxena and Urvashi Dholakia have failed to generate interest among viewers

Producers hunt for another lead actress to save the show from going downhill

Reena Thapar Kapoor

It was touted to be the biggest soap on Sony Television. However, it has been more than a month since the launch of Rishton Ki Dor and the serial has failed to strike a chord among viewers. In fact, it was after a lot of difficulty that Adhikari Brothers' Rishton Ki Dor finally managed to see the light of the day.

As for the lead actor, Anuj Saxena, Rishton… was his sole project after Kkusum, and he has been trying hard to cash in on his 'Abhay Kapoor' image. It's believed that the channel has hit the panic button and is trying hard to make the show work. According to insiders, Sony TV has asked the producers of the show to rope in another lead actress.

So far, Urvashi Dholakia has been playing Anuj Saxena's love interest but unfortunately their pairing has failed. The producers of the show are said to be negotiating with Shilpa Saklani and Narayani Shastri, and soon one of the actresses will be finalised.

The idea behind roping in either Shilpa or Narayani is to re-create the magic of Kkusum as both of them were Anuj's co-stars in Kkusum. "We'll make an official announcement once everything is in order," says Anupama Madloi, programming head, Sony Television.

At the same time, Madloi denies that the show has failed to garner positive reviews. "I think Rishton… is going steady. Sony has started its afternoon slot after a long time. We should give a show some time before writing it off completely. Rishton... is a prestigious serial and any decisions pertaining to it will be taken at the right time," adds Madloi. 

Meanwhile, Anuj Saxena hasn't been on the sets of the serial for long as he's overseas on some business. The actor's absence has put to an end whatever little chemistry he had with Urvashi Dholakia. Now, it only remains to be seen whether Narayani or Shilpa can rescue the show

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=7720061117531772006165390

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago