Index of RKD articles (No Comments) - Page 7

Posted: 17 years ago

Star of the week: By Sneha Hazarika

Monaz Mevawala has recently entered the popular Zee serial Jab Love Hua as the new Isha. The daughter of famous comedian Rahul Mevawala, Monaz has been seen around the TV circuit for a while with serials like Astitva, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, Zindagi Teri Meri Kahaani, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Chupke Chupke and the more recent Rishton ki Dorr.

"I have had very interesting roles in most of my serials, especially Astitva. In Rishton Ki Dorr too, I love my role where I play a young rebel," says Monaz. "As for Jab Love Hua, it's very special since it gave me a chance to play a very interesting character."  But what about the controversy surrounding Shoma Madhur Manglani's (original Isha)'s exit from the show? Didn't you feel bad for her?

"I know that Madhur walked out because of date issues. I didn't feel guilty or bad because she is not a friend," Monaz is quite upbeat about her stand on the issue.  Talking about her character in the serial, Monaz says that her role is nothing less than that of the main lead Anya. "It's almost a parallel role which will follow her travails in the city where she goes alongside Bhola, Raghu and Anya. Isha likes Bhola, but hates many things about him too.

That way it makes a very sweet love-hate kind of relationship. In the past, Isha (read Madhur) was part of the scenes with nothing much to do. Tony and Deeya wanted to flesh out the character, but couldn't do so because of Madhur's date issues. When they approached me and found that I had the required dates, we were on," exclaims Monaz.

Ask her about her second stint with Tony and Deeya and her eyes beam with excitement. "In Jassi too, I had a very interesting character where I was playing a Gujarati girl. So for Jab Love Hua, it's like coming back home. They are my kind or people. I have just shot for a few days and I am already enjoying it all''.

On screen they look just perfect. But how is the equation with actress Priya Badlani in real life? "As I said, they are all my kind of people and Priya is no different. We both like to go to parties and chill out. I share her home food on the sets and she does the same when I get something nice from home."

There were reports that actors were not happy about shooting at Wai (remember Sudeep Sahir's tantrums), which is very far off from Mumbai. "No, there is no problem as such since they shoot at Essel Studio, Trombay," informs the actress.  Has she worked hard to get her look right in the show?

"Isha is a very glamorous character. She wears long frilly skirts and spaghetti tops, which is low neck and shows a bit of cleavage." That brings us to another important topic-her look in Rishton ki Dorr is quite talked about too! "In Rishton ki Dorr, I play a 17-year-old college kid who wears short skirts, takes a bag and maybe two/ three books in her hand. It's a really cute look."

Monaz indeed is rocking as far as her shows goes. And why not! She gets guidance from home. "My dad is my biggest critic. He keeps telling what I should have emoted in one scene and what I was lacking in another. If my father guides me in my performance,  my mum provides inputs on my look.

Talking about her future plans she says, "I have done enough of comedy and wouldn't want to be known only as a comic actress. I want to do all kinds of roles now. "And I definitely want to do films. But I wouldn't want to do some very typical character roles. I would love to do a main lead role. I guess I can play a college going character quite well," signs off Monaz.

"I save 50 per cent of my income"

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know how well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.

It was her childhood fantasy to be another Umrao Jaan that drove her to the city of dreams Mumbai. Aditi Pratap instead landed up on television playing roles in series like Twinkle Beauty Parlour, and Rishton Ki Dorr. While her tryst with fame came as Aditi (Saloni's sister-in-law) of Saath Phere on Zee TV, a character who swings between being Miss Goody Two Shoes to being downright mean.

In real life, Aditi is pragmatic and rational - especially as far as her finances are concerned. She believes that her hard earned money should be stored away for a sound future. Sameera Kapoor probes this actor and gets her to share with us her perspective on how she manages her moolah. Read on....

"Money can impart only economic security and independence..."

How crucial is money for you?
Very important! Money gives you financial security and independence. It makes luxuries affordable, which we actors are used to and cannot let go.

So you mean money can buy happines?
Money can impart only economic security and independence but it cannot give the happiness attributed to the substance that we buy with the money. You may have a palatial house to stay but it requires the love and bonding of a family to make into a home. So, money has only the buying power and nothing else.

Who looks after your finances?
It is jointly done by me and my CA alongwith the prompt advice of my dad.

How secure are you financially?
Luckily, I am from a very well to do family. So if in the future I am in dire need of money, I will have someone to fall back on. But since the past six years ever since I came to Mumbai to pursue my dreams I have never taken a single penny from them. This has happened because I make sure that my hard earned money is managed properly. I am very cautious about financial dealings. I make it a point that I put aside fifty percent of what I earn into saving accounts. I believe in the phrase "Make hay while the sun shines."

What kind of investments have you done till date?
I have invested in shares, mutual funds, and medical policies.

Are you not afaird of dealing in stocks?
No, As I said before I am very calculative about the steps that I take while dealing with money. I follow the same principle even while dealing in shares. I invest only 10 per cent to 20 per cent of my income in shares. Besides this I have a very trustworthy portfolio manager who has been managing my family's share investments. All this ensures that the downside is low.

"I cherish the shares of blue chip companies which my grandma willed..."

What about investing in real estate?
Certainly that is the next step I am looking forward to take. Having a roof over your head gives you the greatest security while living in a city like Mumbai, for a large part of my expenditure is on paying the rent.

Where does most of your income go?
I end up spending a lot on furnishing my home, buying decorative items for my car. I am heavily into antiques so I spend a lot on them too.

Are you an impulsive buyer?
Yes, absolutely. But here too if something is overpriced then I always think twice before I spend. If my need supercedes the price then I save the required amount and purchase it later.

So approximately how much do you end up spending on yourself, by the end of the month?
I spend anything around Rs.60,000.

Any other thing which you are very particular about when it comes to your finances?
As it is not possible for me to keep a manual tab on how much I spend, I have followed a unique plan wherein I deposit my savings into an account for which I have no ATM, or Debit cards. This means that I have no means to withdraw from that account. I withdraw money for spending only from my Current account. .

How much money do you carry on yourself daily?
On shoots I do not carry large amount of cash for the fear of being robbed. My wallet will contain only Rs.200. However, when I am not shooting then I carry anything around Rs 2500.

What was the first thing you got hold of when you started earning?
My very first personal TV set. The day I got my first pay check I bought a LG 21" television set.

What is the costeliest thing you have bought?
It's an uncut emerald diamond set which cost me Rs 3 lakh.

Any thing particular which you cherish and hold close to your heart.
I cherish the shares of blue chip companies which my grandma willed as part of my inheriance. Blue chip shares are no longer available easily, and if at all you manage to get your hands on them then they are extremely expensive. If I were to sell them today then I will have enough money to buy a spacious house at prime locations like Andheri. But I can never do that for she had bought these when I was born. Now that she has passed away there is a huge emotional attachment which outwieghs the monetary benefit.

"I possess more than 20 pairs of Gucci and Versace glares "

Mention hazel green intense eyes in tellydom and what comes to one's mind is Gourav Chanana. Blessed with stunning looks and talent, this actor has come a long way from his Sanjeevani days.

Gourav who has recently moved out of Rishton Ki Dorr on Sony is busy re-inventing himself in real life.This hip and happening actor tells Tellychakkar.com's Sameera Kapoor that he loves Rohit Bal's designer wear, freaks on Gucci glares, and loves to paint landscapes and portraits when not shooting.

"Shaving was always a very tedious job, and hated doing it"

Being in vogue......
Fashion is an extension of your personality. It should accentuate one's individuality. It's more to do with what looks good on you. If you are vivacious then your dressing sense too will fall in that line. Besides if you are innovative then you can mix and match your attire which gives you a new look every time.

My inspiration....
I have a very vibrant personality. But the situations around me prompt me to dress up. So, if I am surrounded by jovial people then you'll find me in bright clothes!

Brand dropping........
I am brand conscious to a certain extent. Sometimes, I do buy stuff that need not be branded but once worn by me it looks branded!

Let's go shopping .....

I am an impulsive shopper. If I spot something nice, I pick it up. But I am very careful that whatever I buy is worth every penny.

Designer digs.......
Rohit Bal and Rajesh Pratap Singh. Their creations are one of its kind. Their designs and fabrics are absolutely marvelous.

"I have a very vibrant personality..."

Denim dose......
I am not that fond of denim. In fact, I avoid wearing them, especially in Mumbai, as the climate is really hot. So, you can say that I don't live up to the term, 'I live in denim'. However, that doesn't mean that you won't find me wearing one. It's just a matter of choice.

On a normal day......
You will find Gourav wearing something in linen or boxers teamed with a nice pair of chappals. I do not prefer shoes. Besides these, I love wearing vests.

Wardrobe essentials...
Linenwear, boxers, jackets, chappals, kolhapuris, sandals, cool shades, ganjees, polos and designer suits by Rohit Bal and Rakesh Gupta.

Secret behind my stubble......
I hate shaving. It's a very tedious job. Besides, I do not like my clean shaven look. I guess it's the unkempt look that suits me. So, I use a trimmer to make sure that I sport the right look.

My fetish....
It has to be bracelets and shades. I stock around 50 to 60 types of bracelets and around 20 glares from the house of Versace, Gucci

"I have a fetish for Bracelets and shades."

Me and organised?
It's a good thing as it would reduce many hassles. At the end of every month, I go around arranging my wardrobe. But then it still goes haywire after a week. It becomes a replica of a battleground! So I have to resort to a lot of digging to find something.

My Hi-Five

Time needed to garb up - generally five minutes

Cheapest buy - a copper ring (10 bucks)

Costliest buy - a Hugo Boss suit (85000/-)

Most stylish person on TV - Ekta Kapoor (can't miss that trademark tikka)

What thing people don't now about me - I paint (landscapes and portrait are my forte)

i'm so lonely: Anuj Saxena

Anuj turns a year older
Anuj Saxena, who is currently seen as Suhas in Risshton ki Dor, turns a year older on July 31. He will bring in his birthday on Sunday night at a private bash with select friends at a nightspot in Andheri. Coincidentally, his mother Sneh Saxena's birthday is also on the same date, so it will be a double celebration. Besides his acting, there's also his production house Maverick and his pharma business that's keeping the actor busy. The only thing missing in his life at the moment is a woman. All that we can say is that there is still someone waiting for you and she could spread fragrance in your life. No points for guessing who that mystery woman is.

Shital Thakkar

Friends first or lovers? - friendly lovers

My worst habit is - not to be revealed

People are surprised when - they see how different I look in real life

Women can't say no when -they want to say yes

The fruit I resemble the most - grapes (sweet & sour)

At a party, I can't wait to - start drinking (diet coke)

I feel most comfortable when - people I dislike are uncomfortable

The last time I cried was - when my dog was ill

My mother always advised me to - become a doctor

My father always advised me - listen to my mother

Every guy should - go to a finishing school

When I look in the mirror, I see - what I am not

The sexiest actor on TV is - Bobby Darling

Urvashi Dholakia is - fultoo time pass

Rishton Ki Dor is - great fun shooting

God is - the good within us

Life is - not to be taken too seriously

Love is - a gift by God to the fortunate few

Lust is - what I feel for Brad Pitt

The last desire before I die- to always keep my loved ones happy

Star of the week: By Sneha Hazarika

Monaz Mevawala has recently entered the popular Zee serial Jab Love Hua as the new Isha. The daughter of famous comedian Rahul Mevawala, Monaz has been seen around the TV circuit for a while with serials like Astitva, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, Zindagi Teri Meri Kahaani, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Chupke Chupke and the more recent Rishton ki Dorr.

"I have had very interesting roles in most of my serials, especially Astitva. In Rishton Ki Dorr too, I love my role where I play a young rebel," says Monaz. "As for Jab Love Hua, it's very special since it gave me a chance to play a very interesting character."  But what about the controversy surrounding Shoma Madhur Manglani's (original Isha)'s exit from the show? Didn't you feel bad for her?

"I know that Madhur walked out because of date issues. I didn't feel guilty or bad because she is not a friend," Monaz is quite upbeat about her stand on the issue.  Talking about her character in the serial, Monaz says that her role is nothing less than that of the main lead Anya. "It's almost a parallel role which will follow her travails in the city where she goes alongside Bhola, Raghu and Anya. Isha likes Bhola, but hates many things about him too.

That way it makes a very sweet love-hate kind of relationship. In the past, Isha (read Madhur) was part of the scenes with nothing much to do. Tony and Deeya wanted to flesh out the character, but couldn't do so because of Madhur's date issues. When they approached me and found that I had the required dates, we were on," exclaims Monaz.

Ask her about her second stint with Tony and Deeya and her eyes beam with excitement. "In Jassi too, I had a very interesting character where I was playing a Gujarati girl. So for Jab Love Hua, it's like coming back home. They are my kind or people. I have just shot for a few days and I am already enjoying it all''.

On screen they look just perfect. But how is the equation with actress Priya Badlani in real life? "As I said, they are all my kind of people and Priya is no different. We both like to go to parties and chill out. I share her home food on the sets and she does the same when I get something nice from home."

There were reports that actors were not happy about shooting at Wai (remember Sudeep Sahir's tantrums), which is very far off from Mumbai. "No, there is no problem as such since they shoot at Essel Studio, Trombay," informs the actress.  Has she worked hard to get her look right in the show?

"Isha is a very glamorous character. She wears long frilly skirts and spaghetti tops, which is low neck and shows a bit of cleavage." That brings us to another important topic-her look in Rishton ki Dorr is quite talked about too! "In Rishton ki Dorr, I play a 17-year-old college kid who wears short skirts, takes a bag and maybe two/ three books in her hand. It's a really cute look."

Monaz indeed is rocking as far as her shows goes. And why not! She gets guidance from home. "My dad is my biggest critic. He keeps telling what I should have emoted in one scene and what I was lacking in another. If my father guides me in my performance,  my mum provides inputs on my look.

Talking about her future plans she says, "I have done enough of comedy and wouldn't want to be known only as a comic actress. I want to do all kinds of roles now. "And I definitely want to do films. But I wouldn't want to do some very typical character roles. I would love to do a main lead role. I guess I can play a college going character quite well," signs off Monaz.

< =text/> Contributed  by reepz < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>

Maverick Anuj turns restaurateur

Dr busyBee: Anuj Saxena is a qualified doctor, apart from being an actor

The doctor-turned-actor-turned-producer has added another feather to his already overworked cap!
Shaheen Parkar
[email protected]
Anuj Saxena turns a year older today. Last night, the actor ushered in his birthday at Papillon Park on Link Road. But what struck us as odd was why he'd selected the Andheri restaurant as the venue, instead of the usual suburban nightspots that are the domain of most TV stars. But as with all things related to Anuj, there was a very good reason.
Saxena, who currently plays Suhas in the Sony afternoon show Risshton Ki Dor, loves to spring surprises. So even as he cut his cake, Anuj announced that that he has taken over Papillon Park and renamed it Blue Waters.
Opportunity knocks
This marks Saxena's foray into another off-screen role — that of a restaurateur. Last year, Saxena had announced Maverick Productions, his own production house. Anuj is also a doctor (he has done his MBBS from Grant Medical College) and looks after the family's pharma business (Elder Pharmaceuticals), besides his acting commitments. Anuj says he's got a constant need to diversify. "That is what being a maverick is all about — the reason why I named my production house, Maverick. When one wants to grow, one always looks at various opportunities. I have the means to expand and turn my dreams into reality, so why not?"
Team player
The restaurant business is highly competitive — a good enough reason for him to be part of it. "I saw several places and zeroed in on Papillon Park because of its size and location. It is close to three major multiplexes in Andheri. I intend to close it for renovation and re-open it during Diwali as a fine dining restaurant."
The actor says that he will be 100 per cent involved in the project. "Although it seems impossible for one person to be part of various activities simultaneously, I have a good team working with me. At the end of the day, team work is what counts."
Saxena, best remembered as Abhay in Kkusum, was also seen in Kumkum, Saara Aakash and Prratima on the small screen.

newest conquest: The interiors of Papillon Park in Andheri

article contributed by manoj_tina fan

Anuj's birthday bash!

Anuj Saxena turned a year younger... celebrated his birthday on 30 July along with his mother. The party was held in a restaurant in suburban Mumbai and to add surprise and spice to the party an announcement was made as the clock struck 12, ( when the cake was cut) that he is venturing into restaurant business

Gift as a puppy for Anuj

and he unveiled the new name of the restaurant Papillon Park as Blue Waters.

The party was well attended by the whose who of the television industry who came in their finery to wish the birthday boy (Anuj was seen sporting a black suit and a little pony) and needless to say Anuj played a perfect host to the T.

The party place was done up well , what with the likes of tarot reader, fortune teller, palmist and mehndi walis which seemed to be the added attraction and drew families and actors alike to them like bee to honey.

First few to arrive were Siddharth Kak, Rakesh Bedi and Amit Behl who dashed off as early as they came in and so was the case with Gourav Chanana, Mansi

Anuj with Nausheen Ali Sardar and Mahesh Thakur

Joshi Roy and Rohit Roy. Rucha Gujrathi walked in looking pretty in a black halter dress while Tassnim Nerurkar came dressed in a blue sphagetti top with jeans along with co-star Arundhati and was seen making a beeline at the tarot readers corner. Surprisingly Nausheen Ali Sardar walked in along with her ex-boyfriend Vikas Kalantri and preferred his company for the rest of the evening.

Rajesh Kumar along with his pretty wife Madhavi hung around with Sai(looking plump in a black tube top and skirt) and Shakti Anand while Kanchi Kaul looked ravishing in a beige dress,she made an appearance along with her parents.
Manish Goyal came in minus his wife Poonam Narula and headed for the bar as soon as he walked into the party (incidentally he came though he had refused initially to make it to the party).

Anuj with Ronit Roy and his mother

The Kumkum gang stuck together while Ramona post motherhood looked slimmer and happier and was busy chatting up a rather oddly dressed Juhi Parmar (who was seen in a feather white short dress looking a wee bit uncomfortable in the attire).

Channel representation was by Sony's Gursheel Walia who came in an ankle length brown gown was looking splendid. From the movie fraternity came in Sharbani Mukherjee and Maushami Udeshi along with their respective boyfriends in tow. Monaz, Shital Thakkar, Sampada, Usha Bacchani and Mahesh Thakur were seen hobnobbing with Manish Goswami and Gautam Adhikari.Narayani Shastri came dressed in a black gown with Gaurav Chopraa and went early without making it to the dance floor.

The best birthday gift Anuj received was from his Maverick productions staff which

Belly dancer from Russia

was a cute little puppy, which later became a center of attraction for everyone in the party.

The highlight of the evening was a performance by belly dancers flown in from Russia who seemed to enthrall the crowd by their dance and later Anuj joined in to shake a leg or two with them. Ronit Roy seemed to make a guest appearance at the dance floor and post which he was only seen with the tarot reader perhaps getting a tip or two for the future.

The party rocked till the wee hours of the morning and Anuj continued to be in high spirits attending to the guests and making them feel comfortable.

Article contributed by Malashetty
Urvashi versus Geetanjali

Urvashi Dholakia aka Komalika is making a comeback on Star Plus' Kasauti Zindagi Kay post the time leap. And while one on-screen vamp is ready for her return, her partner-incrime, on screen of course,
Geetanjali Tikekar
has no clue about her role in the show. In fact, she has no inclination if she will be a part of the show at all. Well, maybe the show doesn't need two vamps this time around or is it because of the alleged cold vibes over Cezanne Khan that the two shared on the sets that has kept the production house from casting the two again?

article contributed by manoj_Tina Fan