'Morally incorrect' - Bravo!!!

kavyasam thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
A big round of applause for Karan, VG, the team, concept, script, actors.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Karan rocked as a host.  I always wanted to see him do a talk show since he has that perfectly modulating voice,  but this is better than that.  to be frank I would have not watched this if Karan wasnt a part of it, lol.  

coming to the topic the point where he says it is morally incorrect to watch someone's private moment was the highlight and was most sensitive approach by the team to the raging mms issues.  they could have easily made it more spicy by showing teenagers indulging in their experiments but they decided to take this as a perfect moment to tell the viewers that is incorrect and against one's conscience to watch it.  bravo for that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.  

Adolosence is a tricky phase,  some have a grip on their emotions some dont, some experiment but are careful about how they do it and some are naive enough to fall prey.  Arpit may not have initial intention to leak the video but he did do a mistake of sharing his girlfriend's innocence in front of his friends which was crime even if he wasnt gonna be caught.  They might have indulged in intimate moments before but never had recorded it. Anjali was naive enough to let it happen.  If she were aware that no matter how much a girl tursts a boy or boy trusts a girl, once something is on visual media it hardly takes seconds to publish it world wide.

I like the use of 'world wide web'  here,  stressing on its abuse in these cases. 

I like one answer from the teen about how they came to know about sex, 'science book'  that is true,  it is from the lessons of reproduction that the questions start to arise and if they have access to more material they will know more.  Sex education should be imparted to let the growing kids know why the bodily changes and the urges happen.  There is nothing wrong in it.  In India thought the social set up is such that even with this education kids get the wrong picture.  experimentation is part of growing up.  here it was not about all that, it was mainly peer pressure,  a big problem for mankind in every wake of life. 

what arpit did was mainly coz of what his friend teased and he was not mature enough to realise it was wrong to share and the extension of that immaturity was the egoistic move of forwarding the mms.  another good line here 'bacchon ki nadani',  they may be in teens but they are still kids. 

I loved, it .  wonderful work again karan ๐Ÿ‘.  

Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shibz thumbnail
to be frank I would have not watched this if Karan wasnt a part of it, lol.  <----ditto to this kavz๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ

i dont even switch to this channel otherwise..
good job by the Gumrah team.. i like the presentation..

another good line here 'bacchon ki nadani',  they may be in teens but they are still kids<----exactly!!  its a sensitive issue.. Arpit had to pay for the wrong move and there it was the end of innocence of both Arpit and Anjali..

Sex education is not the only solution or not the solution at all in some cases.. i think it should b more on the moral education line..what say?

wonderful post kavzโญ๏ธ

Edited by shibz - 12 years ago
AmnaIsh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Brillaint Post Kavs..๐Ÿ‘
I completely agree to everything you said..I found it remarkable with the kind of maturity and sensitivity they handled the issue and presented it...those little details that you pointed out, the careful choice of words, hinted at the thoughtful approach to the show...

And i also second you that i wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't for Karan in it but now that i watched the first epi cuz of him, i think i'll watch the show for it's content as well..i had goosebumps while watching it and i felt as if we are all at fault thanks to our ignorant nature of letting things pass only because it's not happenign wid ur or to ppl we know...it's sad how we turna blind eye and then pretend to be shocked when faced wid it eventually...

i'm so thrilled that they've decided to do this show because first step to defeat ignorance is to educate and inform..!!! I respect karan for being a part of it..!!!
shibz thumbnail
^^in that case they chose the right lead to gather attention of ppl hu otherwise dont tune into such programs๐Ÿ˜ณ
kavyasam thumbnail

thanks shibz, amna.

shibz exactly it showed the end of innocence after they
got arrested and he is shown reminiscing the events that
brought him there. it was a mistake. that is what happens
when people let their ego overcome their senses.  I am glad
they showed all three arrested so teens can have a visual impact
of how serious it can get. more than these two am glad that the
dude who wanted to make money out of such videos arrested.  
ditto it is not much about sex education here but about moral
education, knowing what is right and what is wrong. Parents
should make it a point they discuss moral values, not as a lesson but
as a discussion, as kids are growing up.

Amna true that I too will watch now for the content.  The presentation
was gr8, not to mention Karan's presence increased the value.  yep
in a way society, which includes us, is responsible for letting such
things happen around us. I usually avoid watching crime shows coz of
the graphic contents, this I will watch. best part was they did not show
anjali and arpit ending up together still. if it was tv drama they wld have done that.

shibz thumbnail
^^it was a real story na..where the two hadnt got married to each other..
it was heart wrencing to see how a aspiring writer n a sports champ had their dreams crushed for life... i hope every person who can relate to this show learns a lesson from others' mistake..
moonkmh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awsome post di. Ditto to evry wrd. D cncept of d show is really a major issue. I love d way d whole team presenting it. Kudos to VG, Karan n d directr. Its really hurt whn we c dat one part of our nxt gen is spoilng their lyf wid own hand.
Anupa28 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
What a brilliant post Kavya...

As a lawyer I have always had a kind of mixed feelings regarding this  kind of programmes..as I have often seen that although meant to spread awareness but often they become a bigger weapon to instigate more violence than resolve ..highlighting more on the "masaledar" aspect of the issues...younger mind often fail to realise the hidden meaning and get more attracted to the crimes after viewing them so explicitly...but thought about watching GUMRAH only because of Karan and I am so glad that I did it...

Before saying about karan I would sincerely like to thank the team to bring such a show into perspective...it is not a new concept but what I liked about is the moral treatment they have given to a crime show...just loved the way how the scene was edited with Karan 's saying it is "immoral to be wanting to be a part of ones private moment" and a big thanks to the developers of the show for that...and this simply sentence has given a new meaning to the representation of such shows...and I sincerely hope that they will abide by this and actually highlight on the core of the issues in each and every episode...

Now coming to Mr Kundra...well he has nailed another role with utmost class and aura. His screen presence was throughly felt and thanks to ediitng the way he was merged in with the flow of the story it was really praiseworthy. His apt voice modulation added an extra pleasure for the viewers...It was really a treat for his fans...

Edited by Anupa28 - 12 years ago
khushnoodmir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ditto kavya I just lvd the show they brought up evrythng so nicely karan was amazing(n ya i too alws wishd to c him as a host)n it is gd that they choosd him bcoz he is young n popular so many youngsters will watch the show for him n in the mean time the message will b conveyd to them. I hope this show brings sm awareness n future of many youngsters gets saved
Aizatmir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I lvd the way they presentd the case they didnt call arpit n anjali as criminals bt laid stress on the fact that hw a single mistake can destroy ur future n how innocent kids go on wrong path whch leads to end of thr innocence title is justified n karan was mindblowng as a host