Gumrah

life after a scandal

kavyasam thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
In the first episode the life of arpit and anjali after the scandal was totally opposite to what they had planned. 

that they need not completely give up on life bcoz of this. the scandal is not bigger than life.

Arpit didnot have to change identity and all. it was juvinile crime, get counselling, check diff options and move on. he cld have still become a tennis player, but yes the scandal would be attached to his bio throughout, still when he is mature enuf he will learn to put it behind. now all he can do keep regretting his actions entire life.

anjali having kids at age 25 is not as bad as it sounds. she got something to keep her mind out of guilt, and they really need not suffer whole life for it, yes it closed several options for them but not totally. she can still become an aspiring writer.may be even write a book on her own life. about how mistakes happen and how to cope with it and overcome it.  

what I like in the episode is he got equal punishment and that is what is needed to boost a girl's confidence also. may be that is what saved her , knowing that she was not the only one punished. ppl who cannot deal with it wld have ended life, but she didnot , she is brave in my view since she stood in front of so many people and shouted what was the big deal and did not hesitate to slap arpit in front of the school.

I got a lot  more  to say in this regard.  meanwhile pls give your views on how else they could have overcome it. 
Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shibz thumbnail
agree with u.. i m confused as to why the boy worked at call center and why the girl had to marry early if that was not by choice? shifting places as not being able to face the society is fine but they could've still fulfilled their dreams elsewhere no? for the guy..wouldnt he have got a job better than working at a call center?
kavyasam thumbnail
exactly shibz changing places would have done it.  and I am more surprised at the reason her mom had to resign.  I understand that she wont be able to face the collegues but people coming to the bank to see how she looks?  what kind people could they be, sick.  effect on sister what they showed really happens,  siblings take the brunt most times. 
veds_6791 thumbnail
I completely agree with you Kavya..
Arpit didnt have to change his identity but the thing is even if he didnt want to, people would not have let him live in peace and at that point he was only 17 maybe it was not his decision to change his identity...

And about Anjali.. I agree she can still become a writer, she might not become a big writer but she should have not given up on it.. she should still think about it, she should give it a try..

This was not only a lesson for Arpit and Anjali but also for us.. we should not let our ego come in between anything, its not good always and like Karan had said our special moments should be between us, it should not be shared the way Arpit did..

And like you said they didnt give up on life.. thats the best thing. Normally people dont have mental strength to face people after scandal, they need support. For Arpit its not a very big deal, people dont tell much to the guys but the person who have to face is the girl and Anjali has really been very very brave and her husband must be a really nice guy that he married her after knowing all about her and gave her a new life.. I wish that some day her wish of becoming a writer comes true and also for Arpit, he might not become a tennis player but can still become a coach..
veds_6791 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kavyasam

exactly shibz changing places would have done it.  and I am more surprised at the reason her mom had to resign.  I understand that she wont be able to face the collegues but people coming to the bank to see how she looks?  what kind people could they be, sick.  effect on sister what they showed really happens,  siblings take the brunt most times. 

This is what people do, which is completely wrong.. they just like to enjoy.. its really sick!!
shibz thumbnail
Originally posted by: kavyasam

oh i totally forgot bout the sister..yeah thats sad..
n the sick ppl..i wonder if ppl really have that much a vehla time n interest to think on others than their own life?

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it might've been the best immediate thing to do for then hence the decisions

it is hard to get into any college w/ any kind of legal offense attached to your name..so i can understand their position on it..
and apparently anjali did continue to write? if that is the case then its great..you dont need any degree to publish a book just good work and a publisher that is willing... but i have to say 25 and having 2 kids would not be my option of a 'good' life either...both kids were ambitious and to have their life turning out like that is kinda sad :|

sakmhlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shibz

<font color="#CC3399" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">agree with u.. i m confused as to why the boy worked at call center and why the girl had to marry early if that was not by choice? shifting places as not being able to face the society is fine but they could've still fulfilled their dreams elsewhere no? for the guy..wouldnt he have got a job better than working at a call center?</font>

shibz leave abt society but these type of scandals affect their selfconfidence n will to achieve sumthing bigger.u remember kalyug movie in which due to this type of video even after getting narried bcame the cause of gal suicide.guy moved on in movie after taking revenge but in gumraah story the guy was at fault so may b his guilt bcame the obstacle in moving on.abt gal if all of this only affected her it would not b a big prob but her family suffered bcoz of her.her little sis had to suffer a lot bcoz of her.leave abt writing after such a issue ek ladki zinda laash ban kar reh jaati hain.no offence to anyone here.
shibz thumbnail
^^yeah true stories.. true Juvenile crimes.. 23? 59?

@Tanu..yeah i understand.. in fact after goin from here i saw it from another perspective why the guy had to end up working at a call center... i agree he may not hav been able to do well academically after that coz of wich he had to end up like dis..
kavyasam thumbnail
@tanu - ladki zinda laash banke reh jayegi <---  but she need not.  it was a mistake and that too not from her side,  from what they show she appeared to be a brave girl.  and writing is not the only career where she can flourish, everyone has dreams but few get to acheive and rest move on to different paths.  if she really has the passion then nothing can stop her she can still do it.  and uski life kharab nahi huyi, she got into a decent marraige has a family of her own, in a few years she will be done with raising kids and still at a prime age she will have ample time to persue what she wants to do.  tab tak kaafi maturity bhi aayi hogi to see life differently. 

it is arpit that ended badly, he was wrong he got punished.  still identity change I cant get.  counselling is what he needed.  hope it is not too late for him to rectify and start moving up.  a graph can only go up after hitting rockbottom.