DOTW : New Ashni

daffodil81 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

Hi All,
Sorry for posting the DOTW late this week.
Now we have a new Actor Sharad Kelkar playing the role of Dr. Ashutosh in KTLK.
So this week's topic of discussion will be on New Ashu & New Ashni.
Would love to know your views on below:

1)Do you all think Sharad Kelkar is the best replacement for Mohnish?

2) To what extent do you think KTLK will be successful now that  Sharad  is playing the role of Ashu?

3) What was the one major change you have noticed with Sharad's entry in the show?

4) How do you want the story to proceed now ?

5) Do you think Ashni will soon be separated & Misunderstandings will be come between them ?

Looking forward to your views
Aarathi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhalobasa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ash_arti

1)Do you all think Sharad Kelkar is the best replacement for Mohnish?----- Yes, Yes , Yes...No one else but Sharad..👍🏼

2) To what extent do you think KTLK will be successful now that  Sharad  is playing the role of Ashu ? ---- DOes not depend on Sharad alone, The CVs need to write good script, good execution of the episodes are needed. The episodes must be gripping and audience should keep on thinking whats next, and have the urge to see the next episode 😊

3) What was the one major change you have noticed with Sharad's entry in the show? ------ No Touch Policy is scratched. Now natural expression of showing love, care is being shown like yesterday Nidhi hold Ashu to protect him from falling. And joint interviews in TV channels, Offscreen pics in social networking sites.

4) How do you want the story to proceed now ?----- Be the story whatever, I just want to see Nidhi working in the same Hospital where Ashu works.

5) Do you think Ashni will soon be separated & Misunderstandings will be come between them ? ----- Separation and misunderstanding bound to come in any lovestory, and here the chance is more since it is an forbidden age gap love story. But that should not be so long that audience feel frustrated and depressed and decides to leave the show

Krrish4You thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Ash_aarti: sharad is perfect replacement as new dr.ashu. He hs the right vibes that we cn see in sbs segment, where all characters were in joyfull mood as sharad is willing to do combo scenes & hs no coloumns on touchy scenes. His acting as dr.ashu is adrorable & hs a very mature voice that perfectly blends in when in emotional scenes, romantic scenes as well as when he shouted @ mallu in kotnis to allow nidhi let in his room. Since sharad in int. On screen india said that there major change in story. Me in totally confused what change it will be considering cvs like giving us suprises.. I wanted one change is that nidhi be brought back to kotnis which by now looks uncertain as in last epi dr.ashu said to nidhi he likes her as nidhi nt dr.nidhi..:( plus going mass viewers & trp's houses such ppl don't like lead female characters @ professional work bt like them @ household work.. Remember when nidhi got fired frm kotnis trp of ktlk saw jump.. So cvs might be having this in mind. Regading hw much sucessful will sharad entry will be only time & proper story or script will tell. Bt going by the positive welcome that SK hs got as dr.ashu, it looks winner..:) thanks leting us give DOTW review..ash_aarti.
ChicagoCarole1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
First of all I have always loved  Mohnish and wish him all the best. I do like Sharad as Ashu...I feel he is more comfortable with showing his affection for Nidhi like they are really a couple. I would like the show to take the track that Ashu and Nidhi are together...even marry...and then show the pros and cons of living with someone with an age difference...how they can help each in many respects or have misunderstandings because of generation differences.  I would like the over exaggerated family conflict to stop.  Ashu is a respected doctor.  For generations older men have married much younger women...in all cultures.  This is not something new.  I don't feel society would have that big a shock to their relationship...doesn't make a lot of sense that Nidhi's family is so adamant against them.  Also, could have some funny circumstances due to age difference to give the show a little more light hearted atmosphere ... not so much melodrama all the time...love is suppose to be fun...not painful all the time. 
white_lotus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I think SK is the best choice for Ashu's role after MB. Even now I am thinking that it could have been far better if SK playing Ashu's since beginning of the show.

2) To what extent do you think KTLK will be successful now that  Sharad  is playing the role of Ashu?
Its not entirely depend on the SK. No doubt he is good actor and will play Ashu in his own style. But success of any show is dependent on team work. All co-actors and every person related with production should do best job and more importantly script and story flow should be perfect and gripping.

3) What was the one major change you have noticed with Sharad's entry in the show?
First major change is end of NTP. In any love story its quite natural to hold hands or occasionally hug each other to show emotions, support etc. Another change is transformation of Ashu's character..he seems to be more strong, confident and using his own brain.

Its a story of love relation between two peoples with distant age gap. As title suggest 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge' story should be focused on the theme. It will be interesting to watch how age-gap lovers supports each other, face problems, cop with each-others habits or nature and live happy n satisfactory life.

5) Do you think Ashni will soon be separated & Misunderstandings will be come between them ?
its a vital part of any love story but it should not stretched too long. Its should not be illogical n unrealistic. 

Armu4eva thumbnail

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

---Honestly from story point of view, NO ...simply bcoz the core theme of this show is AGE GAP romance..! Hence someone more older wuld hv been appropriate.. i did say.. Ronit Roy / Ayub Khan/ Anup Soni

---If the story has logic and good execution, coupled with positive AshNi and romance ka tadka.. it will surely do better

-- THE TOUCH.. the MAGIC of TOUCH came.. finally..which is so so basic in any love story 😳 And also the HORRID .. n DISGUSTING Body Doubles and Separate Frames stopped 

---Want Nidhi in Kotnis.. a DDLJ type of theme with Ashu trying to woo Baba.. wuld b fab! 

---I dun think misunderstanding will come.. but yes Separation coz of Baba mite come! 

Looking forward to your views
Aarathi

Awesome Debate topic Aarati.. loveddd it 🤗

white_lotus thumbnail
DDLJ may not be suitable here. After all Ashu is matured and well-known reputed senior doctor. How can he do things to please Nidhi's baba?

And here I would like to mention that probably there will not be much resistance from Col. Varma. By next week end he will be okey with AshNI. May be its possible that he put some conditions to judge their relation before final green signal.

Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: muksonline18

DDLJ may not be suitable here. After all Ashu is matured and well-known reputed senior doctor. How can he do things to please Nidhi's baba?

And here I would like to mention that probably there will not be much resistance from Col. Varma. By next week end he will be okey with AshNI. May be its possible that he put some conditions to judge their relation before final green signal.

Why not... he can ask time from Baba to prove himself to b worthy of Nidhi in every way... age not withstanding 😳
white_lotus thumbnail
Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Why not... he can ask time from Baba to prove himself to b worthy of Nidhi in every way... age not withstanding 😳

Fine Lets see whats there in CVs brains?
rabzonedge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I Was Apprehensive Earlier...Not Now.SK is the Best Replacement...
I Have Always believed..success of a show depends on Good story,script and screenplay..Actor Par excellence will not be able to save a show to sink if it has lousy scropt...Sujoy Ghosh's Alladin Has AB in it.. it Tanked..And Well Sripted Sujoy's Kahaani is doing exteremely Well...
Sharad Is a Versatile Actor..Backed with Cnsistent,Grippy Logical script..KTLK will be sucessfull...As SK is Inhibition Free...NO BDs...Lotts of Single Frame Scenes..SK is promoting KTLK in Tweeter..Giving Joint Intvs...
Ashu Has Become ASHMAN,..Romantic..No More Momma's Boy..Script has become logical..consistent...
KTLK should stick to its Basic essence..i.e Hosp Romance...Nidhi Should start working now..Followed by family vs Ashu Altercation..House issue should be dealt and Mallu should be Exposed ASAP..

yes Maybe...Baba and DB will do Emotional Blackmailing to Ashu..And he may Back off...KTLK is a daily soap...Twists are inevitable...