Lalita's take : Episode for 19th March

Posted: 12 years ago

(This starts from when Ram & Priya are locked in a fierce embrace; their first one after their declaration of love to each other)

Ram  felt  like  he  was  on  the  top  of  the  world.  A  feeling  of  exhilaration,  elation  …  emotions  which  he  had  not  experienced  in  his  long  life  of  forty  plus  years  engulfed  him.  He  could  not  even  imagine  life  without  her  now;  how  had  he  survived  all  these  years?

A  wave  of  sadness  washed  over  him;  he  shuddered  when  he  remembered  his  bleak  and  barren  life;  dedicated  to  work  and  keeping  his  family  happy.  No  one  had  seen  his  unshed  tears  nor  felt  his  loneliness.  There  was  no  one  for  whom  his  heart  skipped  a  beat.  He  had  been  alone;  totally  alone;  and  devoid  of  any  sincere  love  and  affection  for  as  long  as  he  could  recollect.

Priya  felt  it.  She  felt  him  shudder  even  in  her  intoxicated  state.  Ram  was  so  deeply  entrenched  into  her  system,  into  her  whole  being  that  she  realized  that  there  was  something  troubling  him;  causing  him  sadness.  She  looked  up  and  saw  his  eyes.  Inspite  of  the  love  for  her  glowing  in  his  eyes,  she  could  still  make  out  the  tiny  vestiges  of  sadness.  She  did  not  even  look  here  and  there  to  notice  if  anyone  was  looking.  She  just  held  his  face  in  both  her  hands  and  looked  deep  into  his  eyes.

At  that  moment  Ram  knew  …  knew  that  this  was  the  last  time  he  would  feel  sad  or  lonely  in  his  life.  His  wife  ….  his  darling  talli  wife  was  now  his  entire  life.  To  cherish  and  love  for  ever.  And  in  return;  to  be  loved  and  cherished  by  her.  To  be  made  to  feel  like  "The  King  of  the  Universe".  My  God,  he  was  getting  filmy  now  …  as  he  recollected  the  dialogue  from  Om  Shanti  Om.  He  knew  Priya  would  never  let  him  be  desolate  again.  And  that  she  existed  only  because  he  existed.  There  was  no  pride  in  between  them,  no  complexity.

He  strengthened  his  hold  around  her  once  more  and  led  her  back  into  the  house.  No  other  woman  in  the  world  would  have  understood  his  sadness  and  tried  to  dispel  it  in  an  intoxicated  state.  What  had  he  done  to  deserve  someone  like  her?  He  remembered  the  track  from  one  of  his  favourite  movies  ..the  "Sound  of  Music"

"So  here    you  are  standing  there

Loving  me

Whether  or  not,  you  should

So  somewhere  in  my  youth  or  childhood

I  must  have  done  something  good"

He  made  Priya  lie  down  on  the  bed;  and  as  per  his  prior  experiences,  he  smiled  as  she  rolled  over  and  went  off  to  sleep  immediately.  He  settled  down  beside  her;  afraid  to  sleep;  in  case  she  woke  up  and  walked  off  somewhere  again  in  that  state.  He  was  also  dead  tired  after  the  last  few  emotionally  exhausting  days.    That  night  before  Priya's  breast  cancer  report  when  he  had  been  terrified  and  then  the  next  night  when  he'd  finally  opened  up  his  chocolate  box  and  shared  his  innermost  secrets  with  her.  Even  that  night  he  hadn't  been  able  to  sleep;  still  unable  to  believe  that  there  could  be  someone  in  his  life  with  whom  he'd  shared  the  terribly  sweet  and  sad  story  of  his  "Gudiya".  And  then  followed  by  the  urgent  US  trip,  realization  of  his  love,  and  the  equally  urgent  return.    And  the  party,  and  awakening  of  an  unknown  jealous  streak  in  his  body,  the  ugly  fight,  the  fashion  show  and  then  last  night.  And  this  morning,  he'd  hurt  his  back  after  bending  over  and  cleaning  the  left  over  candles  throughout  the  room.  But  it  had  been  worth  it.  The  most  grueling  and  emotionally  exhausting  week  had  been  worth  it.

He  held  her  close;  wanting  to  see  her  expression  when  she  woke  up  in  his  arms.  He  knew  he'd  behaved  badly  that  morning.  Last  night  had  been  such  an  unforgettable  experience.  More  so  because  they  had  unknowingly  waited  so  long  for  that  day.  They  had  progressed  to  the  final  stage  of  their  relationship  and  become  one  only  after  admitting  their  love.  Priya  had  been  amazing. 

He  had  been  hesitant  even  last  night  to  proceed  to  the  next  stage  for  a  secret  fear.  He  knew  that  Priya  loved  him  very  much  but  he  also  knew  from  his  friends  that  women  had  certain  expectations  from  their  special  night.  He  was  a  40  year  old  unfit  man,  unhealthy  and  fat.  That  had  been  the  main  reason  for  his  hesitation  the  previous  night.  But  Priya  had  overcome  all  his  inhibitions  and  reassured  him,  in  ways  only  which  she  could  have.  He  knew  one  day  that  he  would  share  that  night's  experience  and  fear  with  her  some  day.  He  wasn't  afraid  to  open  up  with  her  or  spill  out  his  fears.  He  closed  his  eyes  once  again  as  he  remembered  how  she'd  walked  to  him  when  he'd  pulled  her  slowly  towards  him  by  the  hold  on  the  pallu  of  her  sari. 

But  in  the  morning,  in  the  light  of  the  day,  with  the  candles  long  extinguished;  again  his  fear  had  come  back  to  haunt  him.  Had  he  really  been  able  to  make  Priya  happy  the  previous  night?  To  hide  his  fear,  he  had  pretended  to  be  gruff;  so  as  not  to  allow  her  to  read  his  emotions.  But  his  wife  was  too  smart.  He  recollected  an  earlier  conversation  when  after  he'd  deliberately  shouted  at  her  without  reason;    she  had  realized  that  it  was  just  a  blind;    to  keep  her  from  questioning  him  about  his  relationship  with  Apeksha. 

But  today;  after  they'd  applied  colors  on  each  other  and  had  embraced  in  that  final  hug,  he  had  realized  ;  finally;  that  there  was  no  cause  for  any  fear.  Like  she  was  the  whole  world  for  him  and  could  never  disappoint  him  in  anything;  similarly  so;  he  was  the  same  for  him.  She  would  never  be  disappointed  with  him  for  anything.   

He  could  not  wait  any  longer  and  woke  her  up.  She  took  a  lot  of  time  to  finally  get 
up  and  understand  where  she  was  and  how.  She  could  not  remember  who  had  given  her  the  bhang  but  just  remembered  that  she  had  been  very  very  thirsty. 

After  a  lot  of  teasing  on  both  sides,  Priya  fell  silent  and  looked  at  Ram  intently.  Her  eyes  were  seeking  some  answer.  Ram  knew  what  she  was  asking  but  he  wanted  her  to  speak  out  too.  Finally  Priya  asked  him  about  the  morning.  About  why  he  had  seemed  so  withdrawn.  About  why  he  had  said  "kal  raat  ki  baat  kuch  aur  thi".  That  had  hurt  her,  he  knew.

Why?  Asked  Priya  again.  What  was  the  difference?  Why  had  they  woken  up  as  strangers  yet  again?

Ram  finally  played  his  trump  card.

Ram  :  Tumhaare  liye  bhi  toh  kal  raat  aur  aaj  mein  farak  hai.

Priya  :  Nahin  toh.

Ram  :  Are  you  sure?

Priya  :  Haan

Ram,  softly  :  Phir  kal  raat  tumne  mujhe  itni  baar  "Ram"  kehke  pukaara  tha…tumhe  yaad  hai?  Phir  aaj  subah  se  "Mr.Kapoor"  pe  kyon  wapas  aa  gayee?

End

awesome lalita...mostly ur update is similar to balh episode.i iwsh this time also...we will see priya to call ram by his name.
Ahaaa... hope ram makes her calling ram in the serial too. 
Oh! wow.. beautiful thoughts, such a Lovely update Lalita, too good. Please continue,waiting for more,😍 Kash Balh team checks this forum, Cvs will get so many ideas, there are so many talented writers here. 👏 superb update.

Oh! and loved Priya calling Ram "Ram" aren't we all waiting for that moment. I am sure CVs have planned that too. I really wish soon😊
Edited by fanraya - 12 years ago
wow awesome post ,what an idea ,just loved it ,Thank u sooo much 4 this lovely update,
Thank u lalita ji for such a sweet update.
You really made my day oops! Night.
Now i think that Cvs should really hire u and many other writer from this forum:-*
so that we get all the rayacilious moments from mon to sun. ;-)
once again thank u. :-)
Awesome!!!!
👏
So you were as unhappy as me bout tues n wed! But y'day did it for me! And now ur take! yay!!
But.. Don't stop plz! I want to know Priya's reaction now!! Plz! **puppy face**
Lalita - Love your take on their emotional journey. Awesome.

Waiting for the transition from Mr.Kapoor to Ram. Can't wait for the next chapter..

You rock!!
i m engrossed madly into ur story.. Hoping next one soon.
i love ur post ican,t wait for the next part piya reaction...😳😳😳