The Vampire Diaries

Elena-Positive Or Negative?

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Yesterday's episode from my point of view was pretty amazing but Elena-even though she was barely shown really bothered me.

I just realized that Elena could be perceived as a negative character.
Katherine was supposedly the grey character but i think she was better than Elena. She was outright about what she had to say, and she wasn't overly emotional about everything. 

Only because of Elena Bonnie's mother has to become a vampire and because of Elena, Jeremy had to be sent away and that hurt Bonnie. Even worse? The Stefan-Elena scene in the last episode. She is SO judgmental and makes such hasty decisions. And then she thinks she has every right to boss everyone around. She needs to know everything. "what are you 2 doing?"...like, what happened to being upset with either of them since her best friend's mother was transforming because of them? I've never really thought of Elena as selfish before but now, i'm just frustrated with her and her behaviour.

From the flashbacks, the relationship Stefan and Damon shared was not about some girl, it was just them. Two brothers. Now, if they ever talk to each other, it's because of Elena or about her. It's just so unfair. Those 2 should be able to share a good brotherly bond but can't because Elena keeps coming in between them. Or one of them has to act like a saint and "sacrifice his love". ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Near the end of this season or whenever, i actually want to see Elena show some self-less-ness [if thats a word] by letting others make their own decisions instead of taking over because she just screws it up everytime. I'm sick and tired of her crying because Stefan or Damon acted like vampires for once or her apologizing when something terrible happens to someone. A sorry doesn't change anything. -__-

..so, that was my little rant. ๐Ÿ˜† bash me, agree with me. =]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey
Nice post
I'd have to agree with you there. I do think that Elena is at times annoying and wants to know everything but with the Jeremy issue- she had every right to send him away- she's his guardian and he's her only family so obviously she doesn't want to loose him which is sweet. I do think that she should have spoken to him first rather than compel him.

About Bonnie- i agree she always ends up hurt but is Elena to blame for thiss???? If it was her choice, she'd rather die and we all know that from season 2.
I definately agree with her letting others make the decisions.She is at times selfish like when she gave Ester her blood to kill the Klaus but instead was going to kill all of them and then is apologising to Elijah (you shouldn't  have given the blood in the first place). I too wish they show her a bit more selfless rather than selfish and judgemental- choose one of the brothers and keep a safe distance from the other so they can move on! Personally I feel she deserves neither but that's just my opinion.

I loved Stefan and Damon yestoday-finally a proper brothers scene that was about them being there for each other and didn't involve a girl๐Ÿ˜ณ it was cute!
I'm more of a salvatore/original siblings fan- it truly shows the strong bonds that siblings have, that despite all, you end up forgiving each other. I prefer this much more and enjoy watching it compared to the love for the same girl stuff.

Putting all this in context, As much as I'm not a fan of hers, I don't feel Elena is a negative charecter. I'd say she's an extremely confused one for sure. I prefer the other charecters more (Klaus๐Ÿ˜ณ, Elijah, Damon, Stefan, Caroline...). 
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I agree with you haan๐Ÿ˜†

Elena is very bossy. On one hand she says that she loves Stefan, but on the other hand she comes to a conclusion that he is killing people ruthlessly. Fine, he was a ripper, but then she should be the last one to think like that about him, if she really loves him.

And more than anything, I love the StAmon bond. Both the brothers make the show worth watching with their enigmatic screen presence and chemistry. Elena for once should stop interfering in their lives because if she doesn't like people taking decisions for her, then she should respect other people's decisions also. She for once should stop interfering in StAmon's matters so that we get good brotherly bonding scenes.๐Ÿ˜ณ
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
will elaborate...but later...***need to rush***
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well...for me Elena was always the selfish one...its just that the 3rd season has made it more obvious...there was a time I hated Katherine...n Elena...well I was neutral to her...if I didn't like I didnt hate her either...but as the seasons progressed...I m starting to sort of like Katherine...n loath Elena...she's just a bitch playing around with every1's emotions...which is not right at all
cupid-struck thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
 im sick and tired of elena from a long time now...stopped watching TVD cause of that  i hate it how she strings along both the brothers 
fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: cupid-struck

im sick and tired of elena from a long time now...stopped watching TVD cause of that  i hate it how she strings along both the brothers 

I agree with you on Elena but don't stop watching TVD because pf her. There's lots of other reasons to watch the show... first the salvatores (their bromance is rocking!!!! right now).. Klaus is awesome... Caroline, Bonnie and all. Seriously, I doubt Elena will be able to string the brothers along much now as the last epi indicated Stefan is Damons priority now- no-one else so we won't see much of Damon trying to win Elena back now!!!
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Firstly my answer to this topic on whether is Elena a positive or negative character, i would like to say, she is indeed positive. Maybe confused at times but certainly not negative.

I mean, come on. Two guys at the same time giving her different feelings, how does she reacts to it or accepts it? I know she is easily confused and its usual for girls to be uncertain of a certain things. But just because of that, they are known as negative? And as for the brothers, i mean like two people likes me and start having cold war and i'm to be blamed? Firstly i would say that the brothers need to sort their differences first and Elena should not be blamed in anyway.

On a final note, i would say that she is certainly not a negative character. Sorry for my rant, just a POV of mine.๐Ÿ˜Š
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I still pine for Stelena badly, tbh, but yes, for me, this show is about Stamon. Whether in fact or in fiction, I have never seen such an intense, intriguing and complicated relationship shared by two BROTHERS. I have always been of the opinion that sisters are more warmly bonded to each other as compared to brothers and I still feel so to an extent. But Stamon show me another dimension to the kind of relationship two brothers can share. And of course, when it comes to portraying brotherhood, Ian and Paul are made for each other. They just put chaar chand on Stamon so it is kind of disheartening to see that they have nothing except Elena to talk about. Nevertheless, ONE scene was enough to remind me why I love them so much:

Damon: Whenever you go too far, I will be there to pull you back. I will be there every second, every day till you don't need me.
Stefan: Why?
Damon: Because right now, you're all I got.

^^Enough said! :D

Despite not having many share this opinion with me, Elena was one female lead I admired and admired till very recently despite her flaws (we all have them!). But in the past few episodes (more specifically, ever since TVD returned on March15), she has disappointed me. She claims to support her loved ones who are in this dark world they never chose but like many others, I too feel that she acts bossy instead of actually helping them. They do everything they can to protect her but she never seems satisfied with anything. She wishes the world should revolve around her little finger. It is not about her interference, it is about how she always wants everything to be about her, her and only her. Her gradual following of Bella's footsteps has further lessened my appreciation for her character =|
Wrackspurt thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I dont think Elena is negative at all...she is by all means positive...and is probably a normal human being even in such unusual circumstances...Elena wants to protect the people about whom she cares for, be it the Salvatore brothers, or her family and friends...and because of that she sometimes takes decisions emotionally, without thinking...her concern for others come across as if she is being bossy...but dont we all do that when it comes to protecting our near and dear ones?...and in the show everyone seems to be doing the same thing, be it Stefan, Damon, Bonnie...all these characters they go by their emotions and not brains...none of them are cool calculative people, who thinks first and then do..so I think its really unfair to blame only Elena ๐Ÿค”