Gumrah

Gumrah - Lipstick Killer Case : Peer Pressure

Du_Nish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Amazing second episode of Gumrah where they made sure that this time to highlight infamous case but of shocking emotion!
The part where teens were talking, there was one girl said ''I guess that all of us at a point of time did something out of peer pressure''
It was for me an earmark!  All of us go through the teen phases. Many of us blamed that they did something out of peer pressure. Like Karan said ''FRIENDS are GOD'' ''FRIENDS are RIGHT'' or someone of same age with her is. It is natural phase,is not it, I was also like this - like the initial reaction of Harsh in the show - short tempered and annoyed on what parents are talking to us - it is such a crucial age - either we get ourselves sorted or we get ourselves screwed and regenerate later.
This show again showed that the teens came from good modern family and yet they failed. A moment that brought them to deep decadence.. Some of them grow out of it..Some of the commit suicide thinking that there is a better world waiting for them. A philosophical and spiritual way of thinking are that it is all about the karma. Bad Karma!
However we can not always blame karma! Teenage is the most crucial phase of development for all of us. Like Karan said ''a phase between childhood and adulthood'' - it is the biggest challenge to the parents and the kids. It is natural for us to get attracted and believed those who are in the same phase like us. It is the same amazing age to be carefree, careless, free spirited and definitely decrease in innocence. 

Peer pressure seems something natural! There is two types of peer pressure:
1 - Positive influence
2 - Negative influence

I remember when I was teen, a group of friends and I went to talk to some rehabitation kids and they proved to believe our words more than the counsellor who were adults. I was myself caught in peer pressure in a good way. I had a friend who said to me ''do everything but do not ruin the reputation of your family'' I grew with that thought not understanding what it really means. My group of friends were the cool girls too in school and some did learn from their personal relationship experience and some were of conservative values. It is when I came out of the phase!

However negative influence is definitely like the devil illusion, one get drawn to it easier than one actually thought. For that, Gumrah message was really good when it said talked to someone you are comfortable and elder than you. They will definitely tell you consequence of few actions and not judge you.

In short, the girl was right, I guess all of us definitely were caught up at some point of time in peer pressure.

And as we say ''we can not choose our family, but we can choose our friends who are our chosen family''

Make sure that you know who you really want to include in it!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishakumar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
this show is sooo true! we all do things under pressure and makes us realize the wrong things that we have done. hopefully we will learn form our mistakes and never repeat them in life 
sakmhlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nisha i luv u for cuming back wid so thoughtful posts.luved it.the epi taughts me a lot of things which i would not b able to learn in so many years.
Du_Nish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Hey tanu.

Like Karan said ''Keep an open mind''😊

shibz thumbnail
hey Nish...nice posts:))

like i said in the other thread..trust ur friends but trust your senses more..
if u r brought up with certain values dey do help u to decide what you should go for and what you should not.. some though need emphasizing on it from time to time.. learn to say no if you fear of something.. its not cool to always listen to your friends and not as a teen coz ur friend is as manipulative as u r at such age.. know your friend well...see that she listens to you as much as she expects you to listen to her.. its a lesson for everyone..hope it reaches out to max in need..:)
ASMI98 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
gumraah is an awesome show...its a must see for teens...
sreeja_rox thumbnail
Oops d post got postd twice.chck d nxt post.i deletd dis post:)Edited by sreeja_rox - 12 years ago
sreeja_rox thumbnail
awesum post nish:) ditto 2 everythng u said. ystrdy wen karan was saying wat d teenagers do "shit dis is actually wat happens."I myself was lyk dat.always listn 2 frnds mre dan my parentz.and even till nw i guess i havent changd mch bt ystrdy's episode opend my eyes.u shld always listn 2 ur parentz no mattr wat.
And peer pressure?hmm i am xperiencd wid it.it was due 2 peer pressure dat i bunkd and cheatd in xam for d first tym,though nw am habituatd wid bunking and cheating:-P bt ya it all startd due 2 peer pressure
Minionite thumbnail
I'm not proud to say this, but at one point I was influenced negatively by peer pressure. To be cool, people in our 6th class would bunk classes and once my friends forced me to do it as well, and I did.

But after that point, I realized that while it may be insignificant it could have become something bigger. That's when I realized that the hardest thing to do is say no to your friends because they taunt you. But if you don't say no then you'll always be their scapegoat.
kavyasam thumbnail
well said nisha 👏.   peer pressure has both bad and good influence.  it is so easy to loose track of if it is right or wrong.  Not only teens even adults should influence the teens in a good way.  

it is true that at one point or another teens get into peer pressure and not only teens, little kids, adults, everyone. 

i like the conclusion that choose ur friends wisely and say NO.