Lipstick Killer Case: Arzoo characterisation

Du_Nish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

The lipstick killer case was an example among million cases where friends betrayed each other in a despising way. It was a shocking revelation to many of those who do not know the grey side of the world and suddenly and surely the betrayer is being taunted.

In this case, I want to dedicate this post on Arzoo only. I want to give a complete portrayal of the character. We are not wrong feeling so much anger on Arzoo and so much negative feeling for her. It is natural to want this girl to have the severest punishment for what she committed to a friend who loves her like a sister.  She is the Lady Macbeth of the story.

However, what causes certain teenagers (girls) to be different from what the actual norm of the society?

What does few girls look for affection and warmth in boys at such an early age?

Which is worse than the other one: Having boyfriend or being judged?

Why does the society want everyone behave the same way?

(to continue)
Edited by Du_Nish - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Du_Nish thumbnail
For some reasons, I don't know why I can not edit my previous post😆
Anyway, following the above post, I thought to write it about Arzoo and girls who belong in her category.
Teenagers are the scariest phase for the parents, but what if in that phase, the parents are themselves absent when they are needed??

It happened in the case of Arzoo. The character was introduced to be a cool girl who lives with her dadi. There was the immediate striking of generation gap and the degree of freedom and the degree of ''seeking for warmth'' from her character. It is not expected that a dadi will talk all the girlie education that a girl in her age is left to learn. She seemed to be detach from her family and is closer than her boyfriend, in her view, she loves him and so does him.

Unlike Ruhi,she is a girl who comes from the parents are mentioned to be here for her, where she is well surrounded and is still the innocent girl that the parents want to cherish their kids to be, Arzoo has to find her way by herself. All she is seeking inside is that warmth attention that a well surrounded family gives to a child and also being loved.

It is not a question of being cool in college, but it was a question of getting the wanting recognition she secretly was looking for. Unlike other girls who do not bother about their popularity, Arzoo was much attached to the title of the coolest girl in the college. For her, being cool was being love and feeling comfortable.

She was someone who never knew her dad, that makes her getting drawn to a man who will cherish few gifts to her as a lover. A man that is here for her. A fifteen years old girl trust this relationship that she has with her boyfriend is the way that she is happy and she is being taken care of. In teen, it is the days where care is being materialised and so is love. It was not different for Arzoo. Not only was she away from her mother but also her bff was not here when she was deeply in need with her. Arzoo is already a changed girl when her BFF came back.

(to continue)
Du_Nish thumbnail
Ruhi failed to realise that who she considered to be her best friend forever is not other than a name that she had fondest memories as kids. Arzoo was on a different track, a path completely different from the belief of Ruhi.
When Ruhi began to realise, she hardly knew that she hit Arzoo in the wrong place. In Arzoo's point of view, Ruhi has no right to judge the love she has to Priyank, the love who she thinks is bringing her happiness and recognition as cheap. She was hurt in a way that made her bitchy in the subsequent actions.

It was a different kind of love between the friends, perhaps Ruhi thought to bring her sister like friend to the right track but failed to realise that the friendship was as good as sending greeting cards to each other rather than getting mingled in each other's life again. Arzoo even used the mother of Ruhi as she used her dadi and for her she is not doing anything wrong.

The decadence come when she kept the ego hurt at heart while Ruhi flushed it. Both girls wanted to make their friends to be like they are. While Arzoo went in a step beyond thought in a moment of anger, decided to let her friend be used by her gang that is now her new family. She did not know that she would be drugged as she thought that she would be tired in dancing and then lock Harsh with her.

She failed to see that Ruhi was not wrong about her. She is also a victim of being used by Priyank but failed to see it this way as for her, Priyank loves her. She had a moment of guilt when Priyank went in the room to give a help to Harsh and eventually had his turn too. At that moment, she felt hurt but Priyank was the manipulator of her heart. At the age of 15, she failed to see the big lie of this man. She held him so much that she thought he really did this as part of revenge on the insult that Ruhi said to her rather than he just wanted to ''pump in''

She is so insecure that this apparent lie seems to be truth and decided to play along as the completion of the final touch which explains the lipstick painting on Ruhi's lips. The lipstick did not only mean her victory of revenging Ruhi and made her appear cheap but also the level of passion and love she has to Priyank that she decided to cover him by making her friend went with strangers.

A moment of passion to the man and anger to her friend covered her guilt and killed her conscience by being a natural liar. She went away not because of guilt, she is already a changed girl but to start her life again, it can go in three ways:
(1) continue in that path, moved on from this love to a new love and sex
(2) having guilt on conscience and confessed her involvement
(3) Go abroad and start from scratch

or like Karan said the fourth way is for ending her life as her boyfriend but it seems a least likely option for the strong willed power girl to get her way and who has the ability to keep away from falling apart from mental and emotional strain to build a new path to herself.

(the end)
kavyasam thumbnail
wowow Awesome nisha , it stirred up all that I felt while watching it. I am still angry and mad at arzoo but reading your third post I just cant decide if I am angry or I pity her. In the end when karan says 'ruhi ki friend.. sorry Bestt friend' it says so much that she was not even worthy of being a friend. well put nisha, I had not recognised that the two girls were trying to make the other just like them, wonderful analysis. Arzoo first taken aback by priyank so much that she did not stop mayank and the other dude going in. She knew her friend even subconsious or consious wont be able to take it still she was selfish in her own thoughts of the state she found her boyfriend that she didnot utter a word for ruhi but expected an explanation for herself from priyank. well put she was so insecure. Even while changing the dress in the car she eyed to see if priyank was peeping thru the mirror when she damn well knew he might but wanted to believe otherwise.
the lipstick put on ruhi in the end shows how her mind works and is shocks me that at such a small age she could think of it.  It is true that no intelligence is needed to think destructively it hardly takes few times to master it.  she has been doing it all along right from discussing her with harsh to talking her into bunking class, convincing her mom,  being accomplice in the crime and lying to ruhi's mom even after all this.  this makes your statement about her being able to stick to her guts without showing any guilt.  you are right she would not gone out of guilt but with no option but to leave that town.  she has no face to show her parents and she would not bother to make amends.   priyank died of guilt is a shocker as he didnot show any guilt either at ruhi's state. 

if arzoo had stopped the other two guys from going in I would have felt the girl had some sensitivity left, but she didnot instead she was selfish even her. if harsh had stopped priyank from 'helping' I would have thought he has some sense left, but no gagging throwing up and balming others for instigating him does not make him innocent.

nisha had missed your amazing character analysis posts, felt good reading post the other one also na of all the characters.

Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago
kavyasam thumbnail
double post sorry. Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago
sakmhlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Luved ur post nisha n kavya d urs too.abt aarzoo i would like to say she was so loyal n so luv in priyank that she did not care abt any other thing but here too i hav question if the evil mind lyk hers is able to luv anyone?when priyank joined harsh it hurted her deffo n only this mattered for her n affected her so she did not take care the other two guys r going in or not.she was so indulged in dealing wid priyank involvement in this.in any corner of heart she deffo felt badfor her frd but she blocked this part of heart.i guess later she realised it n then her journey of guilt started for her.the ppl like them die with every moment.every breathe bcomes a new struggle for them.i wish her not to commit suicide but bearing the guilt n pain for whole life.this is d best punishment for her.
Aizatmir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Amazng post teenage is very dangerous n one shld really hv parents n elders to guide.as for arzoo i feel most of grls who rnt gvn attentn frm family try to find it smwhr else.i hv myself observd sm of my school friendz changng cmpltely after 10th class n if smtimes i tried to explain them that they were wrong they wouldnt agree bt thankfully i hv never agreed to go along i believe what is wrong will continue to b wrong so better stay out of it
moonkmh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing post. U hv really gone depth of arzoo's character. Evn i felt dat nt hvng parents by her side or nt gettng much of pamper dat a 16yr old gal want is a major reasn of arzoo's wild charactr. She wantd attntion,love frm evry1 around her n whn it comes frm priyank n her frnz she cmpltly lost her in dm.
As priyank was d eldr amongst dm n nt a teen he was takng advantage n it shows whn he make his way wid ruhi.
Minionite thumbnail
Amazing post. You've really given a great highlight of Arzoo's character.

Even I feel that all she really craved was attention, the attention she didn't get from home.
sreeja_rox thumbnail
amzing post!!!!!and lovely characterization of aarzoo...