Suvreen Guggal - Topper of the year

Smiriti Kalra/ Suvreen Guggal Appreciation Thread

Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Smiriti Kalra:

For people who have not known Smiriti, this is to brief you.

An RJ turned actress had initially turned down the role of Simi twice before finally accepting it. She herself had said that nothing was interesting about Simi. But as she was convinced later on, Smiriti mentioned that Simi is a character whom many of us have seen at one time or the other. Smiriti at 22 years of age played the role of a 30 year old woman.

The show was about a girl approaching 30 who is overweight and rejected by grooms in the marriage market. Smiriti had put on weight for the role which she says she managed by eating junk food, eating all her favorite food and stopping to play squash which had been her regular passtime. Learning this about Smiriti had almost endeared all of us to her very quickly.

People who had been following 12/24Karol Bagh ,
All will surely know that Smiriti had consciously blended into the character of Simi. A bubbly and chirpy girl by nature who bubbles with enthusiasm; that is evident from her offscreen shoots, she had initially forced many of us to believe that Smiriti and Simi are one and the same and her original self came in as a sweet surprise when we had a glimpse of the actual Smiriti. A beautiful girl like Smiriti and the show organisers I am sure have had a hard time to make her look as plain as she was portrayed. But in spite of that Smiriti looked beautiful with so much grace and sweetness.

Fanclubs:

The Jovial and Smashing Smiriti Kalra Fanclub (Run by Fans)

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/groups/131698973533552/

Suvreen Guggal: Topper of the year (Run by Producers of the show)

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/suvreenEdited by My-Simi - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Smiriti Kalra: Simi of 12/24 Karol Bagh:

Essaying Simi with such complexity in character is definitely not an easy task. The frustrations of a woman umarried at 30, the taunting of a mother saying she is unattractive and frumpy, the expectations of any normal girl about the love of her life, the responsibilities involved in being the eldest in the family, the enthusiasm of a young lover, the expectations of a young bride, the burden and tensions of solving issues at home to keep the family united, the expressions of shyness while with Abhi, the inability to answer back when siblings blame, yet having all the necessary strength and boldness to confront Bhalla and Nakul, the insecurities about Mili's "interest" in Abhi, her assertiveness to her sister that Abhi belongs only to her: all these are different shades of the same character Simi.

To bring such a character to life when the actor herself is nowhere close to this Simi we see on screen is but a commendable job. Her onscreen chemistry with her co-actor Neil Bhatt in Karol Bagh was very much appreciated by one and allIn the process of watching and understanding Simi, Smiriti needs to be commended for her dedication to get into the mould of a 30 year old overweight woman. Smiriti brought out well the character of a woman who is all the while suppressed and taunted by a tyrannical mother like Manju. The hopes of a young heart wishing to marry a guy of her choice, the dilemma of an older sister to put aside her hopes against the reality in front of her eyes to go ahead with a proposal from Rajiv Bhalla just for the sake of her family was neatly portrayed by Smiriti. The dilemma of Simi's heart against her mind to start appreciating Abhi and her loyalty to her family by trying to get married to the guy she despises was neatly essayed by Smiriti. Simi's inability to put aside her longing for Abhi whom she bonded well with, the expectation and irritation when Abhi failed to express his love, and somehow to the extent known to herin  trying to let Abhi know about her feelings, the happiness and tears of joy when he did confess his love to her was all beautifully essayed by Smiriti.

Torn between a demanding family who did not really seem to care for her life, about her happiness, playing the "mother goose" to siblings who have learnt to blame and trample her all the way, out of hearts wishing for a life with Abhi, going into a self sacrificing mode for the sake of family….these are dilemmas any woman can face at any point of time. All of us had been irritated at Simi the way she behaves, goes about solving issues or attempting to, in the process getting lost in the melee and like a little child waits for Abhi to rescue her finally. Simi by herself though grown up and a mother figure to her siblings, being the shock absorber of all the troubles at home is actually herself a child when it comes to love. It had been new to her how Abhi can love her so much in spite of everything and her childishness and youthfulness is brought out only by Abhi. Without problems around her, Simi is a normal woman expecting to be kissed by her lover, wanting to hold his hands, playful and running around with him.

Hats off to Smiriti for essaying this character with so much ease.

Edited by My-Simi - 12 years ago

TO BE EDITED

Best wishes to Smiriti

Smiriti is one of the most talented actors in television industry. Her break from television following Karol Bagh was almost for a year and a half. Had missed her onscreen.

What I love most about her is her expressive eyes. She can emote extremely well and she had made all of us love her with her role as Simi. Love her for what she is and her beautiful smile just touches your heart.

Her new role is totally different from her previous. Apppreciate her for choosing such a varied role. Looking forward to watching her as Suvreen. Here is wishing Smiriti Kalra all the very best in her new venture. May this show be more successful than her first 

asmuasmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wen u ll edit the thread add me in! Edited by -Asmi- - 12 years ago
..Rish.. thumbnail
After editing...count me in !!! 
_CrazySuzi_ thumbnail
Add me too😊
Edited by _CrazySuzi_ - 12 years ago
sujairohit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very good post Ganga.This is Sucheta.Had to change my username due to some email problem.Very happy to read your post after more than a year.Very well written.Very happy to see Smiriti as Suvreen Guggal.Fantastic actress.
sujana9 thumbnail
i followed her frm 12/24 itself wen u edit it add me in :)
sanayasweet thumbnail
i like her acting...add me also..!!