WU - 24/3/12 - Dr.Paranjpe a cannibal?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
The episode begins with a man sitting on a chair but his muscles unable to move. A doctor enters and looks at the surgical instruments on the table and then starts to put oil on a heating pan.. he then whistles and moves towards the man, slicing open his brains with a scalpel and killing him. 

Inspector Dave is at his chowki when he gets a call from a woman saying that there is something wrong with Dr.Paranjpe her neighbor. She says that he has not come out of his house for 6 days now and there is a foul smell emanating from the place. Dave rushes to the place and sees vegetable supplies and newspapers from the earlier days at the doorstep. 

The woman who called them says that she is the neighbor and says the building secretary, Arora, has keys to all apartments. The hawaldar moves up the stairs and Arora comes down with the keys. Dave opens the door and goes in with the hawaldar and Arora. They open a locked room and see blood stained surgical instruments on a table. After some time, Dave realises he has stepped on a pool of blood and looks under a table to find a severed body. Arora faints and Dave sends the hawaldar to the fridge to look for some water. The hawaldar opens the fridge and is shocked to see the dead man's severed hands and head in the fridge. Dave is shocked.. and hears some noise outside.. he pulls his gun and goes out to find Dr.Paranjpe at the door.. Dave brings him inside and shows him everything and the doc is shocked himself. The doctor is arrested. It makes the paper headlines. The victim is another neurosurgeon Dr.Deodhar.

KD reads the headlines. Paranjpe is smiling in the photograph and KD is surprised. He tells Varun that Paranjpe must either be innocent or proud of his crime. Dave comes in and tells KD that Paranjpe is very strange and wants to meet him. KD agrees. 

In jail, Paranjpe asks KD if he will take his case or believe he's a cannibal. Paranjpe says he's a world reknowned doctor and has a MENSA level of 145, making him a genius. He also tells KD of his best selling books and other achievements. He then tells KD that this murder was very sloppy and sloppy is not his style. He has a very clean approach to things and he's a surgeon who saves people, not kill them. KD tells him that there are 11 proofs against him. Paranjpe tells him to think why a genius like him woulld leave so many proofs behind. KD agrees to take the case and sends Varun to Paranjpe's house. Varun finds some marks on the main door of his house and reports to KD. KD is convinced Paranjpe is innocent. 

In the court, the PP Avtarmani presents one proof after the another against Paranjpe - 
1) His neughbor who had once gone with undhiyo for Paranjpe and Paranjpe threw it in the dustbin saying he only eats meat.

2) The secretary who tells the court that Paranjpe rented the CD for the film Cannibal 15 times and has many books on the same in his apartment.

3) The fingerprints on the fork used to eat human brain in the apartment

4) The fingerprints on the surgical instruments used.

5)  Paranjape, Deodhar and Dr.Kamat were three neurosurgeons shortlisted for the Padma Bhushan. Paranjpe wanted one doctor out of the way

PP is about to continue when KD comes and points that all these evidence are useless because they do not prove anything. He questions Paranjpe and asks him where he was on the day of the murder. Paranjpe says he was at Panchgani at his guest house, writing his next novel. He came back on the day of the murder at 2:30 pm. 

Paranjpe reveals that his sister and her kids were coming to meet him at 2:45 pm. KD says that usually a man cleans up when people are coming to visit him and tells the court that someone took advantage of Paranjpe' absence and did this. KD says that he found scratches on the main door of his house and that could have been done only by a duplicate key. 

The keymaker says Dr.Kamat got that key made. Dr.Kamat says he is not involved at all. KD asks him how Deodhar's watch was found at his house. The court finds Kamat guilty of killing Deodhar and closes the case. Deodhar's father, who is present in court, fires at Kamat in revenge for his son's death. 

Paranjpe thanks KD for winning the case and hopes they shall meet soon. KD is not happy after the win. KD goes to office and reads up a book. Varun is confused. KD points to a picture and says there is still a twist to the tale. 

KD goes to Paranjpe's house and is attacked by Paranjpe's compounder by a injection aimed at immobilizing all his muscles. KD acts as if he has been hit by the injection. Paranjpe is all set to kill KD and reveals that he had always wanted to eat his brains so that he gets KD's intelligence and that this was taught to him when he visited to Maori cannibal tribe of Papua New Guinea. KD attacks Paranjpe and calls Dave - the judge and the PP in. Everyone is stunned and the PP asks KD how he found out. 

KD points to Paranjpe's ring which had a snake on it and said he found it weird that such a genius doc had this affection for snakes and then researched it in connection with cannibalism and his doubt came true. Paranjpe lauds KD's genius and says he'll come back to him when he's out of jail and eat his brains. The police takes Paranjpe away. KD is happy

THE END
Edited by ronitfan - 12 years ago
thank Sukhi for update . will watch it tomorrow for sure ...
finally read out  this update , reminds me of munindar kohil's case who was cannibal and used to eat bodies of kids... Such story can flabbergast anybody...
Oh yes Kohli and Nithari.. 
baap re that was really shocking! That too innocent kids!! 

But this case was really nice.. 
again KD lost for the truth.. so proud of him!
thanks for update

i missed first part of deodhar murder rest i saw

it was a good case and docs attitude only was causing suspicions

kd did ans prosecutor proofs but he himself not satisfied

very goood case

one thing this public prosecutor is he the same actor who was in khalnayak movie  the actor pramod moutho

just curiosity
Very well written update, thanks a lot.
hey you are potter fan or rather snape fan i saw this avi now on ur profile about snape clapping
Hahahhaha yes. I am.. 

you too?
ya i am and i hv read all the books many times and movies also i hv seen many times all of them except the last two

mainly on hbo  i saw and pogo has hindi version
Oh I have 7 of them on DVD :D 
and ofcourse, read all the books too :)