TOI: Kritikas Chilli Con Carne

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Kritika Kamra,television actress 
CELEB COOK-IN 

Kritika Kamras Chilli Con Carne 

WHAT IS THE ODDEST THING YOUVE EVER EATEN 

I Thats yet to happen,since Im still experimenting with food.

IN THE DAILY SOAP YOU ACT IN,YOU ENJOY COOKING FOR YOUR LOVE INTEREST DR ASHUTOSH.DOES KRITIKA LIKE COOKING 

I I enjoy cooking.Its in my genes.Both my parents cook well,so its a family thing.I dont get much time to cook though,since Im always shooting.On the show,I make Hare chane ki khari and Methi muthiya for Dr Ashutosh.Honestly,I had never heard of the dish when I was told about it on set.So,I had to look it up online.Im hunting for a restaurant that serves the dish.Id like to taste it.

WHERE DO YOU LIKE TO EAT OUT WITH FAMILY OR WHEN ON A DATE 

I Olive Bar & Kitchen in Bandra (Mumbai) has a great menu,and so does Indigo.For Indian cuisine,its Prataps The Dhaba in Mumbai and Rajinder Ka Dhaba in Delhi.They serve the best kebabs.Recently,I dropped by at Yeti in Delhi.It serves Himalayan cuisine;odd stuff on the menu,but delicious.

WHEN YOU ARE DEPRESSED,WHATS THE DISH YOU REACH OUT FOR 

I Nutella.Its in my fridge at all times.I experience middle-of-the-night cravings.Not a great habit at all.

ARE YOU AN EMOTIONAL EATER THEN 

I I know when I binge.Food is a mood elevator for me.Its not always to satiate hunger,but for the fun and experience of eating.

THE DISH YOU CANT RESIST 

I My mothers rajma chawal.

WHAT S FOOD AT HOME LIKE 

I Im a Punjabi,but my mom is a nutritionist,so Ive grown up eating an odd combination Punjabi food made in little oil.Parathas and chole for lunch.Cold sandwiches,sprouts,salad and cold coffee for dinner.

YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE 

I Mutton chilli con carne.

Ingredients 

I Lamb mince: 280 gm I Boiled kidney beans: 50 gm I Tomato paste: 20 gm I Chopped garlic: 5 gm I Chopped onion: 10 gm I Green peppers: 10 gm I Red peppers: 10 gm I Chilli flakes: tbsp I Salt to taste ICrushed black pepper to taste I Chopped parsley for garnish.

Method 

Saut chopped garlic and onion in oil.Add tomato paste and stir for a while.Add lamb mince and let it cook.When done,add boiled kidney beans.Mix well and finish off with sauted pepper and seasoning.Serve with fried tortillas and chopped parsley.

Rakesh Talwar,corporate chef,F Bar & Lounge,New Delhi,serves the dish 

[Previous] Times Life [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krrish4You thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Tanu: tfs.. Bt i hd already posted this int. First i posted it then purina posted same article now u hv posted same thing.. Lol! Lot of craze for kritz foodie int..:)
Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: ithasme

Tanu: tfs.. Bt i hd already posted this int. First i posted it then purina posted same article now u hv posted same thing.. Lol! Lot of craze for kritz foodie int..:)

Sorry i din see... hv reported to close it..😳