Lalita's take : 25th March 2012 :CHAPTER 5 UPDATED

Posted: 12 years ago
Chapter 1 : Page 1
Chapter 2 : Page 4
Chapter 3 : Page 5
Chapter 4 : Page 10
Chapter 5 : Page 16

(I'm not able to hyperlink; so just putting down the page numbers. Hope this helps 😊)

25th March 2012

Chapter  1

Ram  returned  home  from  office.  He  was  super  excited  thinking  of  the  company  he  had  purchased  for  Priya  and  anticipated  the  look  in  her  eyes  when  he  would  show  her  the  actual  papers.  He  was  about  to  mount  the  stairs,  when  his  mother  called  him.

Niharika  :  Ram,  how  was  your  day?

Ram,  surprised  :  Good,  normal,  like  every  other  day.

Shiney  :  Sweetu,  only  Ram's  attire  has  changed.  Why  should  the  day  be  any  different? 

He  turns  to  Ram  :  Isn't  that  so?

Ram,  still  puzzled  :  Yes,  but  I  don't  understand..do  you  want  to  say  something?

Niharika  :  I  was  just  wondering  Ram  '.  If  you  want  to  wear  casual  clothes,  I  can  pick  them  up  for  you.  But  maybe  you  should  ask  Priya  not  to    visit  downmarket  places  to  try  and  pick  up  cheap  clothes  for  you.

Ram  :  I  don't  understand.  Priya  buying  clothes?  From  where?

Niharika  :  Ram,  come  on,  she  must  have  told  you  that  she  was  going  to  Penkerfaut  Road!    I  know  Ram,  that  Priya  is  a  mature  woman,  and  dislikes  taking  any  advice  from  me  or  discussing  anything  with  me,  but  I  feel    she  should  have  taken  a  car  from  the  house.  Its  not  correct  going  to  such  places  in  an  auto.  It  is  only  for  her  personal  safety  and  security,  After  all,  we  are  responsible  for  her  safety  now.  But  Ram,  don't  repeat  all  this  in  front  of  Daadi.    She'll  be  hurt  that  the  eldest  bahu  of  this  house  is  deliberately  trying  to  malign  your  image  by  travelling  in  an  auto,  being  seen  in  seedy  places,  even  if  it  is  for  a  good  cause.  There  is  a  certain  image  you  need  to  maintain  in  front  of  the  media,  in  front  of  society  and  '..

Ram  did  not  want  to  hear  any  more.  He  nodded  briefly  and  went  up  to  his  room.  He  had  no  idea  why  Priya  would  have  gone  to  such  a  notorious  locality  on  her  own  but  was  sure  that  it  would  have  been  for  a  valid  reason.  He  just  felt  exasperated  that  she  did  not  use  any  of  the  family  cars  and  unnecessarily  exposed  herself  to  criticism  from  his  mother.  He  decided  to  discuss  the  issue  with  her  once  she  came  home  and  to  tell  her  to  strictly  stop  using  auto  and  other  pblic  means  of  transportation.

Priya  entered  a  few  minutes  later.  She  had  been  sitting  with  Daadi  since  the  time  she  had  returned  and  had  not  even  had  time  to  come  up  to  to  their  room.  At  the  sight  of  her,  Ram's  worry  and    tension  evaporated.  There  was  something  magical  in  her  smile,  he  thought  again,  as  he  tried  to  pull  her  towards  him.  But  she  was  smarter  and  rushed  off  to  the  changing  room.  He  heard  the  sound  of  water  running  and  wondered  how  he  could  torment  her  and  tease  her,  in  return.

After  a  brief  while,  Priya  opened  the  bathroom  door  slightly.

Priya  :  Mr.Kapoor

Ram  :  Haan?

Priya  :  Can  you  please  go  outside  for  some  time?

Ram  :  Why?

Priya  :  I've  forgotten  to  bring  my  clothes.  Please  go.

Ram  had  got  the  opportunity  he  was  looking  for.

Ram  :  No,  I  will  not  go.

Priya  :  Why  are  you  behaving  like  a  child?

Ram  :  I'm  not.Oh,  by  the  way,  how  was  your  day  today?

Priya  :  Good,  normal  day.  I  had  some  extra  classes  also  today  and  hence  got  delayed  a  bit.    But  we  can  discuss  all  that  later.  Now  can  you  kindly  leave  the  room?

Ram  :  No.  I'll  give  you  something  to  wear.  Wait.  But  I'm  not  going  anywhere.

Priya  :  Ok

Ram  started  looking  for  something  in  her  cupboard. 

Priya,  after  some  time  :  Can  you  please  hurry  up?

Ram  :  Yes,  I've  got  it.  Take  it.

Priya  extended  her  hand  and  Ram  handed  over  something.  Priya  closed  the  door  with  a  bang  before  Ram  could  do  anything  further.

Ram  stood  outside  and  waited,  smiling.

Priya  :  What  have  you  given?  Where  did  you  get  this?

It  was  the  famous  red  nightie  ..  the  one  Priya  had  been  forced  to  wear  in  Australia  for  the  1st  night.  Though  they  had  shared  so  many  intimate  moments  together,  Priya  was  still  embarrassed  to  wear  it  and  come  out  to  the  room.

Ram  continued  to  wait  when  suddenly  his  conversation  with  his  mother  came  back  to  his  mind.  But  Priya  just  said  that  she  had  been  at  her  classes  all  day  !  Why  did  his  mother  say  that  Priya  had  visited  an  unsavoury  locality  all  alone?

Ram  :  Priya,    did  you  go  anywhere  today?  I  mean,  apart  from  your  classes?

Priya  hoped  Rishabh  had  not  spilled  the  beans  to  Ram  and  answered  bravely  :  No. 

Ram  was  puzzled.  But  he  shrugged  it  off,  sure  that  his  mother  would  have  been  mistaken.    If  Priya  had  categorically    confirmed  that  she  had  not  gone  anywhere,  there  was  no  chance  that  she  was  telling  an  untruth.    He  would  discuss  it  with  Niharika  the  next  day.

Finally  the  washroom  door  opened  and  Priya  came  out.  This  time  she  didn't  have  any  dupatta  covering  her  and  she  stood  shyly  by  the  door,  suddenly  coy  in  full  light.

Ram  looked  at  her  and  wondered  for  the  hundredth  time  how  lucky  he  was.

Just  then,  his  phone  rang.

Ram  :  Hello  ..

"Hello,  is  that  Mr.Ram  Kapoor"

Ram  :  Yes,  who  is  this?

"Mr.Kapoor,  I  am  a  well  wisher  of  your  family.  Your  late  father  was  a  good  friend  of  mine.  I  just  wanted  to  inform  you  that  a  lot  of  wrong  things  are  carried  on  in  Kapoor  Industries  now,  things  which  you  or  your  father  would  never  have  allowed.  If  you  do  not  trust  me,  please  reach  your  office  and  wait  in  the  alley,  a  liitle  way  from  Gate  Number  3.  You  will  understand  what  I  am  talking  about.  But  do  not,  I  repeat,  do  not  alert  any  of  your  family  members  or  you  will  not  get  the  proof  you  require"

With  this  the  caller  hung  up.  Ram  stood  still  for  a  moment,  wondering  what  to  do.  The  voice  on  the  other  side  had  seemed  very  eduated  and  courteous.  Was  it  a  crank  call  or  was  it  really  a  well  wisher,  someone  who  knew  that  invoking  the  memory  of  Ram's  late  father  would  immediately  convey  the  seriousness  of  the  issue?  Ram  missed  the  presence  of  Vikram  in  his  professional  life.

Priya  was  still  standing  by  the  door.  By  now,  she  was  also  serious,  her  eyes  seeking  reassurance  from  him  that  all  was  well.  He  wanted  to  tell  her,  share  with  her  '  but  for  one,  there  was  no  time,  and  also  he  did  not  want  her  to  worry.

Ram  :  Priya,  I  need  to  go.  It  seems  urgent.  Please..?

Priya  nodded  :  Yes,  of  course.  Is  everything  fine?

Ram  :  I  hope  so  '''..  Main  jaake  aata  hoon''''

With  a  brief  hug  to  Priya,  he  was  gone.  As  he  was  leaving  the  house,  Niharika  and  Shiney  watched  him  go.

Within  half  an  hour,  Ram  had  reached  the  alley  near  Gate  number  3.  It  was  totally  dark  by  this  time  and  there  was  no  one  around.  He  parked  his  car  and  switched  off  the  headlight.  What  should  he  do  now?

Suddenly  he  saw  a  few  men  in  the  distance  carrying  out  something  from  the  gate.  It  seemed  to  be  office  files  from  the  distance.  Who  were  they?  And  where  was  the  guard,  dammit?

Ram  got  down  from  the  car  and  started  to  walk  towards  the  office.  He  didn't  even  hear  the  footsteps  of  the  people  who  silently  came  up  from  behind  him.  It  was  just  an  instinct  which  made  him  turn  back  ..  to  see  one  of  the  men  raise  a  club  high  in  the  air  and  bring  it  down  on  his  head.

Ram  fell  down  on  the  ground  and  lost  consciousness.

Edited by LalitaLahiri - 11 years ago
OUCH!!!
**Amy is anxiously waiting to know if Ram is allright***
update ASAP!

P.S.
πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by Priya_Fan - 12 years ago
Very nice Lalita, Please continue, 😲Ram getting hurt? wow, I did not think this way, gosh I really hope real mai aisa kutch na ho. Eagerly waiting for the next chapter.
Lalita - Let me be the first one to say AWESOME scene my friend.

we have missed your FF but you made up for all that with this scene. I like how you brought back the nighty and naughtiness of Ram..πŸ˜†

Like your twist on the "business front".

Keep it coming.. now i am eager to see what comes next

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
πŸ‘
oh My God! it's getting Serious. Now You have to continue, and do it fast.  I cannot concentrate on anything now, until I read the next part! 

I am sure at this point, I am more eagerly waiting for your next episode, than the real one. 
Awesome post, but  it's not completed .please finished  it, we really warried about our Golu,waiting waiting waiting 4 next update.
Lalitha Ji...have read all your takes without fail...
You are very amazing and very talented...your takes are very wonderful...
i think that you can join the CV'S team...or atleast if they use your takes...then BALH will be the bestest show of all...  

this take is very exciting and serious...pls continue soon lalitha ji...
Edited by kaviya10 - 12 years ago
Superbbb... who was the crank caller.. and who hit Ram... hope he is fine.. plsss plsss cont soon.
Thank u so much lalita ji.
Kahani main naya twist.
Ab aayega mazza.
Next chapter update soon. Plz plz plz plz.:-)
Great take Lalithaji.and a superb cliffhanger.killing me with the suspense.please continue soon. I humbly request you for the Peace of my mind which is hanging with your twisty cliffhanger .