Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat

Article: TV shows are very poor standard

NeelimaSJ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

TV shows are very poor standard and too glossy: Om Puri

Veteran film actor Om Puri, who is best remembered for his stints in Mr YogiTamas and Bharat Ek Khojamong others, has now turned narrator for a television show Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat, which is aired on Colors Channel. The baddie of Bollywood rates TV shows as very poor and feels that they are too glossy and focus only on clothing and jewellery. 

In an interview to PTI, Om Puri said, "I feel the shows are of very poor standard. Nothing really is significant (on TV).. it is a wonderful medium. And it reaches in every home and I hope it is used much more positively. There is very poor humor, no class..humor should be like which also creates certain kind of awareness, and also not hitting below the belt."

But there are TV shows that talk about issues like dowry, domestic violence, child marriage and others. Ask him about it, and Puri says, "They all look like calendars, they are all so glossy. There are so far away from life. It is like a parade for clothes...garments, jewelry." 

Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat is a tale of a girl from Delhi, called Neha, who gets married to her prince charming Rishi. Everything was perfect in their marriage until one morning when she wakes up, not with Rishi, but Kabir, who claims to be her husband, a complete stranger. 

Om Puri said, "I would be narrating...I am a story teller for this show. I feel it is a sensible thriller story. It is clean entertainment." He will be seen every Saturday in the serial, wherein he will sum up the high points of the show which unfolded during the course of that particular week. Interestingly, Puri has not seen any of the episodes. "No, I have not seen the show. I would go by script, the director will explain me and accordingly I will deliver. But definitely I would see the show for references," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
😆 He should definitely watch NBT then, no saas bahu rona dhona crap!
This content was originally posted by: _dkmystery_

😆 He should definitely watch NBT then, no saas bahu rona dhona crap!

And it is related to real lives.
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
haye re mere NBT fans ðŸ˜Š