DOTW : Are parents to be blamed if children steal!

Posted: 12 years ago
Okie here we have a very realistic and serious issue !

Sweety ji has stopped giving pocket money to Rocky.. Which resulted in Rocky stealing other's stuffs.. This is a very common social issue..

So the concern is, are the parents to be blamed if the TEENAGERS start stealing ?

We have few kids who just want more and more.. Nothing can satisfy them πŸ˜›.. Rocky was told he will get whatever he needs, so pocket money is not needed.. Plus, he got money to buy flowers too 😊.. Yet.. He wanted to show-off and give a costly gift.. πŸ˜› Before that, he had stolen Lucky's credit card for NOTHING.. ! πŸ˜› We have an amazing movie called Khalnayak.. Where Sanjay Dutt has amazingly portrayed the character of a kid who was very demanding and always in need of MORE 😊.. His mom used to fulfill ALL his wishes, still he wanted just MORE 😊.. And Rakhi had beautifully portrayed the character of his mom, who always had the dilemma as in where to put the line to do a good parvarish but ended up failing πŸ‘

According to me, parents should not be blamed for this issue.. 😊 If it's nursery kids stealing pencil rubber of his classmate, it's parents fault πŸ˜† That is the perfect time to teach ur kids good and bad.. But once he is 14/15 yr old, he is old enough to incorporate those values in his life 😊 Still if the parents are strict and the child is still stealing, I wont blame the parents..

Personally, I used to teach my sister and her friends when I was in 9th/10th.. That's how I managed my pocket money πŸ˜ƒ Nothing comes easy.. It's time kids like Rocky should learn the value of money 😊

Your views please ! πŸ˜›
Nice post Guddi. 
I too feel SweetyG cannot be blamed completely. Rocky is old enough to know that stealing things is not right. I don't blame SweetyG at all for this. I know had sweetyG not stopped Rocky's pocket money he won't have stolen the perfume. But then again is it a reason enough for Rocky to steal things? I mean what if tomorrow he doesn't have enough money to support his needs will he just start stealing those things? Come on, I agree that SweetyG shouldn't have stopped Rocky's pocket money like that but that doesn't give Rocky a right to steal. He is in 10th standard. Old enough to know that stealing is a bad habit. 

PS: Why was Raavi crying when she came to know that Rocky stole her perfume?😲What is there to cry? 

Regarding that stealing in nursery class, I had a classmate who loved to steal erasers and pencils, specially those beautiful colorful ones, with some cartoons or designs drawn over it. Until he stole my Non-dust eraser...little did he know that I'd written my name inside the cover - his parents were called by our class teacher and informed what their brat was upto in school. πŸ˜ˆ

Well I am sure if he had got the pocket money, he would have asked / thought for more expensive giftπŸ˜ƒ Like u said, the problem is he doesnt think Stealing is a bad thing.. That's the basic problem.. 😊

Teenagers are old enough to know what is right and wrong.. πŸ˜• I dont get why Rocky everytime does something like this.. Stealing credit cards.. Lying πŸ˜• Ginny is not like that !

OMGGG SO difficult to manage such kids πŸ˜†
Originally posted by lehermalhotra

Regarding that stealing in nursery class, I had a classmate who loved to steal erasers and pencils, specially those beautiful colorful ones, with some cartoons or designs drawn over it. Until he stole my Non-dust eraser...little did he know that I'd written my name inside the cover - his parents were called by our class teacher and informed what their brat was upto in school. πŸ˜ˆ

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Very nice kid πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Well at this age itself kids should be taught that the idea of stealing is WRONG πŸ˜†
no its not parents fault in this matter he had given money  to buy flowers is more than enough to give a present to ash mom 
its not his friends birthday to give him such an expensive gift 

Originally posted by prerna4rishav

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Very nice kid πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Well at this age itself kids should be taught that the idea of stealing is WRONG πŸ˜†

A nursery kid needs to be educated about all these stuffs. SO even when they are stealing they don't know what they are doing is wrongπŸ˜†I still remember I accidentally brought someone else's pencil and my mom thrashed me for thatThough I did not bring it with the intention of keeping it with myself but just by mistake but even then I was thrashed so that I don't repeat the mistake againπŸ˜†

Nursery kids are supposed to be told that stealing is wrong but a 16 year old is old enough to know such things
Rocky is a brat, plain and simple. He needs to be given a tight whip-spanking on his ass and grounded forever.
It is right, his pocket money should have been stopped. I completely agree with Sweety Gi. It is completely rockys fault. do you see what he has done, he doesn't see what sweety is doing for him and his education, just to make his life filled with money, but she wants him to understand the value of money. 
no, parents r not 2 b blamed at all... sweetyG to bilkul nahi. it is is purely rocky's mistake. he is mature enough 2 understand his wrongdoing.