Other Star One Shows

Khichidi does 'not' show a typical...

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

the only thing that irritates me is that being gujarati, we are always portayed as being stupid or funny etc (e.g. Kal Ho Naa Ho, Kareena Kareena) and after a while that does get very irritating as people expect us to be like that!

I used to watch khicidi myself (when it was on star plus and it is a great show) but i feel us gujarati's deserve some respect now...thankfully we do get it in the form of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as that is a proper gujarati family (I have a Baa too!) but the only prob is they speak in Hindi and rarely any Gujarati!

Have any other gujju's noticed this? 😳😳😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Meg_d* thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I totally agree with you about this Jem, but  kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi also deals with gujurati people and so our culture and religion has been given respect there what say?😉😳😊
Cool_girl_2145 thumbnail
u guys are soo right...i hate it when they insult gujju.....😡😡..the way they always present gujju as funny, cheap or stupid isn't true..in real life gujju's are more intellgiant and nice to everyone...PROUD TO BE A GUJRATI..😛😛😛 
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

lol megs thanx for replying n cool girl too... thanx for replying ppl...it took a long time for this topic to get noticed!!!!

yep cool girl ur right: PROUD TO BE A GUJJU!!!

rose82 thumbnail
yeah...i too noticed it.they always make gujaratis very funny.its nt like tht.i have been in gujarat for 2 years...and its a lovely place with homely people..