||Phir Subah Hogi Articles archieves|| - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks for sharing.. I m already in love with the show..
Posted: 11 years ago

Varun Badola in love with Delhi

Thursday, April 26, 2012 | 12:33:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    6 Comments
Varun Badola in love with Delhi

Actor Varun Badola, popular for his roles in television shows "Koshish Ek Aasha" and "Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani", says he loves the feel of the capital and manages to visit his hometown at least once a year.

varun badola

Actor Varun Badola, popular for his roles in television shows "Koshish Ek Aashaa" and "Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani", says he loves the feel of the capital and manages to visit his hometown at least once a year.

"I love coming back to my hometown Delhi. I manage to take 10-15 days off to pay a visit here. It is amazing to be in here. I love the feel of Delhi," said the actor who is now based out in Mumbai.

The 36-year-old, married to television actor Rajeswari Sachdev, did his schooling from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya and is a huge cricket fan.

"I miss the space, the greenery and four different seasons of the city. All these things can't be enjoyed in Mumbai," he said, adding that he is equally fond of the food here.

"The food in Delhi is the best and Connaught Place has always been my favourite place to hang out with friends. I feel Delhi is the best place to make friends. You can go out with them and just chill," said the actor.

Last seen in Sab TV's "Gili Gili Gappa", he returned to acting after two years with Zee TV's new show "Phir Subah Hogi" in which he plays the character of Thakoor Vikram Singh.

source I-F

Gulki Joshi's big plunge

Upasana Mantri, TNN | Apr 25, 2012, 12.48PM IST
Read more:Phir Subah Hogi|Gulki Joshi
Tweet
Gulki Joshi's big plunge
A still from Phir Subah Hogi

Gulki Joshi, the newbie on 'Phir Subah Hogi', is making quite a splash, literally. Within a month of the commencement of the shoot, the girl has not only impressed with her fine acting prowess, but also her willingness to do all the daredevil stunts by herself.

Recently, while shooting for the first episode of the show in Wai (a quaint village near Mahabaleshwar), Gulki stunned everyone with her decision to do a staggering jump in the middle of a deep lake for a particular scene. Despite having a body double at hand, Gulki, in order to lend authenticity to the scene, refused to use a double and took the plunge herself. In the midst of extremes, with heat burning her skin and the cold water numbing her feet, Gulki took the challenge which even many male actors might have gunned down. Waseem Sabir, the directorof the show said, "The mucky, cold water was least of her concerns. There was a moment when she had to rise from the water and ended up with the edge of the boat hitting her chin. While we watched her perform with bated breath, she went on relentlessly. Gulki has truly got into the skin of the character and proven her mettle as a true actress." When asked about her death defying act, said an elated Gulki, "For adrenaline junkies like me, there's nothing more exhilarating than doing something that I have never done before. I'm so happy that I decided to do it myself. This is my first big show. I don't want to leave any stone unturned for PhirSubah Hogi."

Gulki Joshi to play lead role in Phir Subah Hogi

Gulki Joshi to play lead role in Phir Subah Hogi
Gulki Joshi

Injustice towards women is rampant all over the world and one such reality is prevalent in the 'Bedia' community of Bundelkhand region, Madhya Pradesh.

They are a tribe known for their beautiful 'Raai Dance'. But over the years, the tradition of Raai dance has become exploitative in nature forcing women to undergo the ritual of 'Sar Dhakaai'; in the garb of which women are exploited and abused. Against such a heart-rending backdrop, Zee TV's brand new offering, Phir Subah Hogi traces the journey of 'Sugni', a bedni by birth who wants to break free from this social evil and lead a dignified life. Theatre artist, Gulki Joshi has been roped in to play the pivotal role of Sugni.

This is Gulki's television debut but she is already in the news for her acting prowess and diligence. During a recent shoot she earned those well-deserved brownie points when she performed the phenomenal task of chauffeuring Varun Badola on a rustic cycle rickshaw that literally put her strength and stamina to test. Lugging a rickety cycle rickshaw on an undulated terrain under the scorching sun deserves a pat on the back. It's a different story that after this feat of bravery Gulki was left nursing the bruises on her feet for a few days but the commendable point is that she is unfazed after such a draining task and is ready for more such challenges.

Gulki's eyes twinkled when asked about her journey so far, "My mother says that ever since I have gained consciousness, I have wanted to become an actor. Apparently the acting bug bit me big time when I saw Shushmita Sen being crowned Miss Universe on television and since then there has been no looking back. I was too young to remember this but my family keeps reminding me of the incident. My friends were shocked when they came to know that I had bagged the lead role of a primetime show as I was never too keen to do daily soaps, which involved the rona-dhona rigmarole. But the Eureka moment in my life happened when I read the script; heard the character sketch and auditioned for the role. After that I was clear in my head that Sugni of Phir Subah Hogi will be my launch pad as this is exactly the kind of role I was waiting for."

"One interesting story of my life is that I don't have to go to the gym these days as Sugni has to keep running around from pillar to post in the literal sense of the word throughout the show. When I had first started shooting I was a little plump, but with all the bhagambhag in the show I have shed those extra pounds. Trust me for a woman nothing beats the feeling of staying in shape without making extra efforts for it," adds Gulki.

Edited by KajAnj - 11 years ago

TV actor Varun Badola in love with Delhi

Last Updated: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 21:03
TV actor Varun Badola in love with Delhi New Delhi: Actor Varun Badola, popular for his roles in television shows 'Koshish Ek Aashaa' and 'Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani', says he loves the feel of the capital and manages to visit his hometown at least once a year.

"I love coming back to my hometown Delhi. I manage to take 10-15 days off to pay a visit here. It is amazing to be in here. I love the feel of Delhi," said the actor who is now based out in Mumbai.

The 36-year-old, married to television actor Rajeswari Sachdev, did his schooling from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya and is a huge cricket fan.

"I miss the space, the greenery and four different seasons of the city. All these things can't be enjoyed in Mumbai," he said, adding that he is equally fond of the food here.

"The food in Delhi is the best and Connaught Place has always been my favourite place to hang out with friends. I feel Delhi is the best place to make friends. You can go out with them and just chill," said the actor.

Last seen in Sab TV's 'Gili Gili Gappa', he returned to acting after two years with Zee TV's new show 'Phir Subah Hogi' in which he plays the character of Thakoor Vikram Singh.

IANS

Edited by KajAnj - 11 years ago

From Times of India 13th March

Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola

Actor Varun Badola praises his wife, actress Rajeshwari Sachdev, and says she doesn't fight over his erratic working hours as she understands the demands of the profession.

The 36-year old is currently playing a rich and powerful man, Thakoor Vikram Singh, in Phir Subah Hogi on Zee TV.

"When you are working in a daily soap, there is no fixed working hours. I am lucky that Raj (Rajeshwari) is from the same profession and understands it completely. There are no cat fights between us when I come late from shoot or can't give time to family," Varun told IANS. The couple has an year old son, Devagya.

After working as an assistant director with Tigmanshu Dhulia, Varun made his acting debut in 1994 in the TV show Banegi Apni Baat, but became popular after Ekta Kapoor's Koshish Ek Aashaa and later did shows like Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani and Aek Chabhi Hai Padoss Mein.

Varun, who was seen with wife in dance reality series, Nach Baliye, says it's an uphill task to work with your real life partner on reel.

"I always feel it is easier to work with someone else's wife instead of your own. Everyone expects you to have an amazing chemistry, which puts unnecessary pressure on me. If we ever work together, then I think our performances will be the last thing that people would judge. We would be judged for our chemistry," he said.

T-town's favourite mother- daughter duos

TNN | May 13, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Suave|Shalini Kapoor|Mouni Roy|Lata Sabharwal|Hina Khan|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Tweet
T-town's favourite mother- daughter duos
Eva Grover , Sumona Chakravarti and Kajal Pisal in Bade Achche Lagte Hai
On Mother's Day, here's an interesting take on the small screen mom-children pairs from your favourite daily soaps. Did someone say the actresses looked too young to be screen ma? Read on... 

Mean mom Eva Grover, Sumona Chakravarti and Kajal Pisal in Bade Achche Lagte Hai 

This mom-daughter trio are stylish, Suave and mean! Their nasty smirks, and cunning faces give away the inevitable -they are partners in crime out to make the bechari Priya (Saakshi Tanwar)'s life a living hell. It's another matter that Niharika (Eva Grover) looks more like an elder sister than mom to her evil children!

Perfect match

Hina Khan & Lata Sabharwal in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai This maa-beti jodi of Akshara (played by Hina Khan) and Rajshri (Lata Sabharwal) in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai look more like sisters than mom-daughter. Both are playing aadarsh bhartiya naaris who put their families first. From the worry lines on their faces, to the wide smiles - surely Akshara and her mother are a perfect match for each other in the show. Even when it comes to shedding tears or following Indian traditions, they perfectly complimenting each other. 

Separated at birth? Ankita Lokhande and Asha Negi in Pavitra Rishta Archana and her daughter Purvi in Pavitra Rishta could pass off as sisters. It's kind of uncanny how two actress have so much physical resemblance with each other. Post leap (in the show), Archana (essayed by Ankita Lokhande) might not have 'aged' on screen, but she's the kind of self-reliant and loving mom every girl wants. May be anti-ageing creams are working wonders! 

Traditional hues Narayani Shastri and Gulki Joshi in Phir Subah Hogi In this true-story inspired soap Phir Subah Hogi, Gulabia (played by Narayani Shastri) and her daughter Sugni (Gulki Joshi) In fact, Gulki completely fails to look convincing as the spunky daughter of a rai dancer. Gulki looks too grown up to be daughter to a 30-something ravishing actress like Narayani . This is one classic case of casting ouch moment! 

Divine Magic? Mouni Roy and Shalini Kapoor in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Shalini Kapoor who plays mother to Sati (essayed by Mouni Roy) in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is barely a few years elder than Mouni! The bright period costume and loud make-up fail to help Shalini look convincing as mother of a 20-somehing! She ends up looking like a sister, instead of mother. We know goddesses don't look old! 

Compiled by Shruti Jambhekar

13 May 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

Fans galore!

For Zee's Phir Subah Hogi, Narayani Shashtri endured the sweltering heat for hours to complete a dance sequence in a mela without a break, wearing heavy jewellery, make up and costume. Unit members praised her saying, "Narayani pulled off a difficult dance sequence with so much lan and without complaining.

Friday, 11 May 2012 18:55

I Like Playing With Emotions: Waseem Sabir!

The Director is like an artist, using his masterstrokes of each dynamic character to come with a masterpiece. And "Phir Subah Hogi" on Zee TV has become a masterpiece of Waseem Sabir's career. It has unleashed an unbridled passion, sympathy and animosity for the characters and the subject it is dealing. 

Link:

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/kaelidoscope/director-menu/item/800-i-like-playing-with-emotions-waseem-sabir