The new Thakur in town: DNA

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

The new Thakur in town

TV actor Varun Badola is back with Phir Subah Hogi

Chaya Unnikrishnan

Varun Badola, who was last seen in a sitcom Gili Gili Guppa over a year ago, is all set to make a comeback to the small-screen with Zee TV's new show Phir Subah Hogi. Varun plays the role of Thakur Vikram Singh in the serial based on the Bedia tribe in Madhya Pradesh. Talking about his role, Varun says that he loves playing unique characters and Vikram Singh is one such personality. Unlike the way Thakurs are usually projected, Varun's Vikram is shown to be a reasonable man who doesn't follow the diktats of rituals and traditions. However, there is talk of his character turning negative, later. The Bedia tribe follows a custom of Sar Dhakai, under which the wealthy Thakurs are allowed to have a mistress. But Varun's Vikram doesn't believe in it. "However, in order to save a girl he is forced to do it and eventually falls in love with her," says Varun who feels the show will help in bringing to light the exploitation that takes place in the name of rituals. "Already some NGOs are working on it and I hope more will join the cause," he adds.
The actor who has in the past played significant roles in serials like Koshish Ek Asha and Astitiva Ek Prem Kahani is adapting a realistic approach to the role. "There has to be a certain power and grace coupled with idiosyncrasies to avoid the character being uni-dimensional," explains Varun. Of his past roles, he considers his mentally challenged act in Koshish Ek Asha as the most challenging followed by Astitva in which his character was in love with an older woman. "I wasn't even married then", he smiles.
Though the actor has since then been doing serials intermittently, none of his later shows like Maan Rahe Tera Pitaah and Sonu Sweety lasted beyond four months. "I have been unlucky there but those roles were really good," says Varun who is now looking forward to a long innings with Phir Subah Hogi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daisyluv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ohh so he just says tht to save her..not to really do anything with her..oh how sweet..ehhh maybe not..
n he falls in love with her..oh i saw tht coming !! lovee their chemistry !! vik n sug's
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing!!! Varun Badola is an amazing actor and am loving his character in PSH so far. Would love to see what more there is in store for us.
monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing..Good to know he will fall in love with her though it maybe a one side love.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
So, we were right about Vikram saving Sugna from exploitation . He falls in love with her? Tragic and exciting at the same time.

Varun is a terrific actor and always a pleasure to watch. Hope PSH will stick around for a long time.