Anuj Sachdeva to play lead in Phir Subah Hogi

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Model turned actorAnuj Sachdeva has been confirmed to play the lead in Zee TV's upcoming primetime show, Phir Subah Hogi produced by Panglosean Entertainment. In the race for this role were popular actors like Mishal Rahejaand Neil Bhatt but finally it was the charismatic and talented actor, Anuj who bagged this interesting character. He will play the role of Aditya Babu, a well educated avant garde Thakur who uses his rationale to differentiate between good and evil rather than conforming to pre-conceived notions.

The show is based in Bundelkhand, well known for not only its courageous tales and the colorful tradition of 'Bundelas' but also for the famous Bedia tribe known for their folk dance 'Raai' and the prevalent custom of 'Sar Dhakai' in the name of tradition. PHIR SUBAH HOGI traces the journey of 'Sugni', a bedni by birth who wants to break free from this social evil and lead a dignified life.

An excited Anuj said, "This show will prove that life is a bitter sweet symphony. I have a very challenging role in the serial as I have to portray someone who neither conforms to nor does he oppose traditional rituals. He is aware of the plight of Bednis but look down upon them, he is modern in his approach but still believes in the old school concept of love, is arrogant and yet humane when compared with other members of his clan. The irony of Aditya Babu's life will lie in the fact that eventually he will fall in love with Sugni, a girl who represents the world that he refuses to sympathize with. Aditya Babu is a character filled with layers of contrast and it will definitely put all my acting skills to test."

Anuj Sachdeva has played significant roles in TV serials in the past along with several ads for well known brands. He was also a part of an international fashion tour in which he was the only Indian model.

Phir Subah Hogi Premiering April 17 every Monday to Friday 9:30 PM on Zee TV.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Anuj😔 not a bad choice at all but i think Mishal or Neil is better than Anuj, but jo bhi ho,the concept seems interesting, so i m going to watch this show .
ParulRatiShivi thumbnail

Originally posted by: jakther

Anuj😔 not a bad choice at all but i think Mishal or Neil is better than Anuj, but jo bhi ho,the concept seems interesting, so i m going to watch this show .

Thinking The Same, But I Don't I Am Not Going Like This Sugni And Aditya Pair, Gulki Joshi Looks More Like His Sister's To Anuj Then Pair.  I Just Like The Concept
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
a well educated avant grade THAKUR -- thank god , i have been born and brought up in western region of india and i'm not listening this 'thakur' word first time, but always seen potrayal of male spieces of this caste is cruel, shrewd, manipulative and mostly womaniser who always eyes on woman of poor or lower caste people. Are they actually like this?

Looking forward to see this good thakur.😊

Thanks for the article.
Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
-Nirvana- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for shring Visha! :)

I'm looking forward too see how the show shapes up.
Good Luck Anuj 👍🏼
Edited by NivanaLuvsZeetv - 12 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
nice concept,lets see how this show goes 
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 It looks like his character is going to be a  gray one and is promising. 
shunu6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Visha for an impressive introduction.