First Episode - First reactions?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I waited eagerly to see the first episode, but somehow it failed to impress me. I think the rural background might do very well for an earlier time slot but in the 9:30 slot, the serial faces stiff competition. Already SP holds the lead with YRKKH and then there is Parichay(Colors) and Parvarish(Sony). This time slot is kind of dominated with urban background serials so to introduce a rural theme is a big gamble to say the least.

But coming to the serial - the constant refrain from the overly dressed extras telling the lead that all she was good for was dancing for the Thakurs kind of got on my nerves. Umm who is crass enough to say such things blatantly these days and that too women? This is the first time I saw a woman telling a girl to entice a rich ma (prolly her own husband) if she wants money for her labor. Huh!! something wrong with you lady? Are you a procuress by any chance?

Am I disappointed that my favs didn't make an appearance, yes I am. It would've been a treat to watch them. But then, I'm being overly critical I suppose. This is just the first episode, let's wait and watch.

What were your first reactions, btw?
Disagree with u dear, i think tonight's episode was good not best but i m not disappointed at all, i think the lead  actress Gulkhi Joshi did a great job👏 I saw a woman telling a girl to entice a rich ma (prolly her own husband) if she wants money for her labor, but yeah this part was shocking for me too, precap was also seems promising , so i will surely watch it tom.
Well Frankly i loved the Episode... yes its truly Different from the regular show, yes its bold in its own way, a woman telling another woman crass stuff, these things r there in MP, the heroin played by gulki joshi has left her mark with her performance (thanks to the writers and yes the FAMOUS DIRECTOR WASEEM SABIR (maryaada) he is finally back after long i guess, the heroin is such a treat to watch, the locations r beautiful to what i understand from the first episode and the beautiful promos is that the girl does not want to do her sar dhakai but will work for a living as women in this tribe have to work to break bread... men of the house just useless and reading more stuff online on this subject i think the brother and fathers also pimp their sisters and daughters... yes for zee tv its a bold step but m sure new things r always welcomed... Was waiting to see Varun Badola but in Vain... Narayani is a treat to watch
Guys the concept is that... where Such exploitation does take place...
I love the first episode and believe me - i was so not looking forward to another show bashing woman and with non stop rona crying but it was ok 
I am interested as the concept content of the show is based on a prevalent social evil and how it deals with resultant children of such unions where they draw a line finally is it not the same thakurs who father the children and want them to continue with this evil
I somewhat like the first episode, but the dialogues are tooo fast to catch up
and that too I am a pure Hindi speaking and I was finding it difficult and I don't know how the others can understand it.